Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MF_James posted:

Hasn't this been a thing for a while? I always see skeletons, or is it in pvp you're talking about?

Bone Pirate's Tatters is a medium armor set that drops in Blackheart Haven (pirate island)

This event has a new recipe, a drink that's the Stamina equivalent of Witchmother's Brew (Health + Mag + Mag Regen). Said new drink is Health + Stam + Stam Regen.

So basically, at the cost of slightly lower health, stamina now has a setup that not only offers insane resources and damage, but now also offers stupidly high resource regeneration.

Just imagine, a Redguard sorc pushing near 55k stamina (possibly even 60k WITHOUT emperor buffs) with some stupidly high stamina regen.

For reference, here's the Draugr Hulk set, which offered the best amount of resources with zero trade-offs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Scyantific posted:

Bone Pirate's Tatters is a medium armor set that drops in Blackheart Haven (pirate island)

This event has a new recipe, a drink that's the Stamina equivalent of Witchmother's Brew (Health + Mag + Mag Regen). Said new drink is Health + Stam + Stam Regen.

So basically, at the cost of slightly lower health, stamina now has a setup that not only offers insane resources and damage, but now also offers stupidly high resource regeneration.

Just imagine, a Redguard sorc pushing near 55k stamina (possibly even 60k WITHOUT emperor buffs) with some stupidly high stamina regen.

For reference, here's the Draugr Hulk set, which offered the best amount of resources with zero trade-offs:

ohhhh I was thinking the monster set that makes you skeleton that is from blackheart (I think it's blackheart?)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That set is basically damage mitigation and tanking, but Bloodspawn meta of resources has been a thing since forever. Are those tatters right now or concerning the regen/reduction CP changes?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm not at home, visiting family today, so I'm missing a day and a half of this event.

So if there's a motif that drops from this event, one of you save them all for me.

DoctoRadox
Nov 7, 2010
running that fasallas/duroks bane just straight up ripping through these zerglings like nothing, cheese for life

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I need some advice on frost staff tanking.

Is the only really viable way to run frost staff w/ sword & shield so you're alternating consuming magicka and stamina for blocking, or is there a way to go about it without using sword & shield at all? Also, what should I be using for magicka/stamina regen besides heavy attacks and weapon enchantments?

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Edit: There was a question about DW/bow but gently caress it.

I realized that I just don't enjoy playing DW so if I'll have to be "that guy with 2H lol" then so be it, at least I like it and there is less chance of just not playing.

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Can I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild? Name is @wxwhite

Generic Hero Dude
Dec 22, 2011
For frost staff tanking you can try something like this version of a sap tank (Look at the posts we have here about sap tanks in general too though)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pvehomestead-freeze-magicka-ice-staff-nightblade-tank/

To sum it up yes you need a sword and shield but a frost staff can be good on the back bar. With a nightblade you can just use siphoning attacks for
all your resource needs. Just get good at animation canceling so you can always keep up your guard.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Aramek posted:

I'm not at home, visiting family today, so I'm missing a day and a half of this event.

So if there's a motif that drops from this event, one of you save them all for me.

I was on the look out for you, doesnt seem to be any motifs. theres banners you can put in your house, three? types of provisioner recipes, a yellow tradable box that once opened is a soulbound momento that throws rose petals .... some random crap food consumables ... I think thats it ?

The real deal is the crown from the achievement

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Um no the true achievement is the Jester personality

https://youtu.be/q1gA5cv-U18

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Cpl Clegg posted:

Edit: There was a question about DW/bow but gently caress it.

I realized that I just don't enjoy playing DW so if I'll have to be "that guy with 2H lol" then so be it, at least I like it and there is less chance of just not playing.

'sup 2H buddy. gently caress tha haters :cool: :hf: :cool:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Generic Hero Dude posted:

For frost staff tanking you can try something like this version of a sap tank (Look at the posts we have here about sap tanks in general too though)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pvehomestead-freeze-magicka-ice-staff-nightblade-tank/

To sum it up yes you need a sword and shield but a frost staff can be good on the back bar. With a nightblade you can just use siphoning attacks for
all your resource needs. Just get good at animation canceling so you can always keep up your guard.

Soooo definitely a nightblade only thing then. Dammit.

Well, now that I've committed myself to some sort of mediocre magicka DK hybrid DPS/tank build, do I go with sword & shield on the back bar, or a harebrained fire & ice gimmick?

Exar
Feb 26, 2001

dance all night
I guess @Exar-Kun and @Rosyposy will join the main guild, Ebonheart Goons, if it's still active.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

10/10 best player housing

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
There is some wacky event running right now where everybody is walking strange and pulling pranks. Has anybody gotten anything good from the little boxes you get from the daily quests?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MysteriousThing posted:

There is some wacky event running right now where everybody is walking strange and pulling pranks. Has anybody gotten anything good from the little boxes you get from the daily quests?

There's a costume and then some recipes, there's a good purple one that is stam/health and stam regen, I forget the others atm.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That jester is actual event costume and there's more than the awesome crown?

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Can you learn to silly-walk from a box or is it money-only?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

DreadLlama posted:

Can you learn to silly-walk from a box or is it money-only?

Crown store only

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

@Bonnono looking for an invite to both the main guild and the profession guild if possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I really should get on that second part of my stamsorc guide. Sorry to all the folks who've been waiting for it.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Are treasure maps ever worth doing? I've never seen anything from one that wasn't instant deconstruct.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dinurth posted:

Are treasure maps ever worth doing? I've never seen anything from one that wasn't instant deconstruct.

With the lost treasure add on doing them consists of walking to an X on your map. I'd say that's so easy it's really not an issue

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here

Scyantific posted:

I really should get on that second part of my stamsorc guide. Sorry to all the folks who've been waiting for it.

This, best StamSorc primer out there, sequel please.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Scyantific posted:

Do more because I need to make 7 more idiot characters and start training this horsery nonsense. Time gating quality of life skills is the worst.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Im fairly indifferent to the actual april fools items, I do like that the broom weapon has an excerpt from the lusty argonian as flavor text but what really got me was that its under the "PAY TO LOSE" tab in the crown store

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Bahraha's Curse + Leeching Plate + Troll King = Game plays self

Edit: Holy poo poo this is great for dueling, I can't wait to take this into actual PvP. Some random dude challenged me and I curb stomped him with like 0 effort (switched from Troll King to Scourge Harvester monster set). I love being a sap tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSjDqu-K4iw

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 2, 2017

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

How does the progression work after 50? Do I keep earning CP until I hit 160 and then start putting together equipment sets (plus more CP)?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Zachack posted:

How does the progression work after 50? Do I keep earning CP until I hit 160 and then start putting together equipment sets (plus more CP)?

Max equipment level is 160. So don't really stress about equipment sets and stuff until you are 160. You keep getting CP until you have 600 CP total, 200 in each of the three constellations.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 2, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good poo poo last night bustin down zergs and poo poo with Froid and co.

Deicide
Mar 22, 2004
Oh. How quaint.
Hi gang, just getting started with this ESO business. Please to add @taprackbang42 to guild when able. Thanks!

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Gonna see if i can get back into this. Can I get an invite for @cutedge? Thanks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/03/celebrate-esos-three-year-anniversary

3-year anniversary event starting tomorrow and going until the 18th. Double XP, and bonus rewards from Daily quests.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Blehhhh going to miss out on the first half of this.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i run xp scrolls and eso plus, as well as the event, how long am i looking at 1-50 taking?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A Skyreach grind would probably get you there in about 4 hours.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh ok cool

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Everyone knows that this game didn't have a great launch, but I wasn't there. Anyone want to share their janky experiences with the early game?

I know that stiff animations were a big issue.

And the art for some things was...lacking.

(Old senche) (Current senche)

And the intro quests were not good. Coldharbour was not skippable and was worse somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

There were a lot of bugged quests including parts of the main story, especially in Cold Harbor.

At some point you have to kill two daedra inside their towers but they wouldn't respawn if anyone was inside the tower and this is of course in a public area.
Making ~100 players during the launch rush understand this on the EU server was a bit difficult.