Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

dogmother1776 posted:

how did you differentiate between our motives as scum and maybe town?

YPM - I disbelieve his tone (that he's sure I'm scum based on my opening case) and logic (that I had alterior motives / my vote "didn't make sense"). When he explains his case on me, to me it sounds more like someone recalling a lie than explaining the truth.

Asiina - There exists a possibility that the aggressive tone / rolling scum are related (and again, apologies if they're not), and she made a post saying the push on YPM is bad without offering up someone who seems more suspicious.

So in their cases, there are specific little things I see that make me suspicious. Nothing you've done so far (including possibly having a wrong opinion) is necessarily scummy in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay. Then I'll leave it at: I am not 100% convinced you are scum either, and what I was hoping to find in your defense was any sign that you were aware the "forced" vote you were looking at could simply be an early vote that MMT, as either alignment, took about ten seconds to conceive of and post. I haven't seen any sign of that, and you seem to be actively avoiding any attempt to entertain that notion. This makes me think you are pushing a case in bad faith, not to actually catch a scum player but simply look like you have a reasoned suspicion.

I thought me saying that it's a day 1 case would imply that I know I could be wrong. Like I don't know why you are so desperate for me to explicitly say it. Of course I could. But there's no point for me to say it right off the bat because I could be wrong with a cop result too

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

So you're voting for me because I'm angry.

Cool and good.

I voted for you because I have equally scummy reads on you and YPM (as mentioned in the last post) and couldn't find any reason not to adhere to a "put up or shut up".

The disclaimer still applies, I'd vote for either of the two of you at the moment.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Asiina posted:

So you're voting for me because I'm angry.

Cool and good.

lmao

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Serb Kashuno Must Die And Also Asiina Later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This does not strike me as scum asiina.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

got some chores tonight posted:

The Serb Kashuno Must Die And Also Asiina Later

I am not a Serb

Retro Futurist posted:

This does not strike me as scum asiina.

Yeah I think she is just genuinely in a bad mood

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

I thought me saying that it's a day 1 case would imply that I know I could be wrong. Like I don't know why you are so desperate for me to explicitly say it. Of course I could. But there's no point for me to say it right off the bat because I could be wrong with a cop result too

You don't have a cop result though. You have a reaching notion about a "forced" vote that frankly I think Murmur Twin put about ten seconds of effort and thought into making, and your evidence that Murmur Twin's suspicion was false is that she didn't strongly push a case based on a minor comment about PM length. Which is a case that directly gets disarmed by "day 1 early vote," moreso than my case on you is.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

possibly having a wrong opinion

:twisted:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

The Ninth Layer posted:

You don't have a cop result though. You have a reaching notion about a "forced" vote that frankly I think Murmur Twin put about ten seconds of effort and thought into making, and your evidence that Murmur Twin's suspicion was false is that she didn't strongly push a case based on a minor comment about PM length. Which is a case that directly gets disarmed by "day 1 early vote," moreso than my case on you is.

Ok. I think you are town. I don't think anyone is getting anything out of this exchange. I think you think I value my case much higher than I actually do. I am going to disengage for a little while and then come back with fresh eyes, because obviously I'm coming off as very belligerent or something.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ok. I think you are town. I don't think anyone is getting anything out of this exchange. I think you think I value my case much higher than I actually do. I am going to disengage for a little while and then come back with fresh eyes, because obviously I'm coming off as very belligerent or something.

Nah, for my part I tend to come off as belligerent in these games too as I tend to rather intensely push my points when I have something. I'm also happy looking elsewhere, you're my strongest suspicion right now but it's also been about three hours since I started playing this game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Who's a good read? I'm a bit distracted.

Like, this post coming at the top of page 7 is discouraging. I really miss the old CCKeane back when he had the unicorn avatar and was a high frequency jokey poster, instead of current Keane that sorta mopes and drags his way through games even when he's town.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Not much. If you put as much time into explaining your case as you do in showing us how DEEP IN THOUGHT you are I might think you were towny.

##vote Kash

I think this is a bad vote with almost nonexistent reasoning. Kash does explain his PMom vote and Rarity dismisses it as posturing, without engaging with Kash's content.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I find chores' fascination with ethnicity and names in this game weird. I don't like it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

classic serb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I picked PMom, MMT and Stick to read.

PMom first:

PMom has very little content and refuses to explain it. This tends to be a bit of a null since he'll do that anyway. I did appreciate his PMom Asiia meme picture though.

MMT:

I'm not feeling MMT at all and I'm pretty confused as to how anybody could, unless it was just an effort to generate content/push the game out of jokephase. In particular, I think MMT's take on Asiina's post is town and I think I agree with her regarding Asiina. You all get a bonus hot take, I hope everybody is happy.

Stick:

I don't like stick's posts. He's my best read right now. In particular, his posts on MMT are strange and don't really seem to say anything.

this is a stickup posted:

I'm not sure if I agree with him, but don't think it's all that wrong to be suspicious of mmt for that reason

you agree with mmt, but surely you can at least understand why people would be suspicious of mmt if they didn't agree?

This is a weird take and a weird post.

Also, stick's post on me not posting is 100% somebody trying to leave the door open for another case.

I'd vote stick right now.

##vote Stick

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Like, this post coming at the top of page 7 is discouraging. I really miss the old CCKeane back when he had the unicorn avatar and was a high frequency jokey poster, instead of current Keane that sorta mopes and drags his way through games even when he's town.

Sorry man, I'm a lot busier during the day and most of my evenings are full.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay. I'm just bringing it up early because the last few times we've played together you kinda phoned it in.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay. I'm just bringing it up early because the last few times we've played together you kinda phoned it in.

You're right in that I'm not giving the same commitment to games that I used to do. It's a lot harder now.

Most of my free time is now spent shitposting on facebook.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I picked PMom, MMT and Stick to read.

PMom first:

PMom has very little content and refuses to explain it. This tends to be a bit of a null since he'll do that anyway. I did appreciate his PMom Asiia meme picture though.

MMT:

I'm not feeling MMT at all and I'm pretty confused as to how anybody could, unless it was just an effort to generate content/push the game out of jokephase. In particular, I think MMT's take on Asiina's post is town and I think I agree with her regarding Asiina. You all get a bonus hot take, I hope everybody is happy.

Stick:

I don't like stick's posts. He's my best read right now. In particular, his posts on MMT are strange and don't really seem to say anything.

This is a weird take and a weird post.

Also, stick's post on me not posting is 100% somebody trying to leave the door open for another case.

I'd vote stick right now.

##vote Stick

Hmm! Why did you choose these people? I agree on stick though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I . . . continue to agree with Kashuno? JFC

Also Asiina please don't post when in a bad mood.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

stickers is my friend!!! and we shoudl not kill him. this is a SERB CONSPIRACY

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

stickers is my friend!!! and we shoudl not kill him. this is a SERB CONSPIRACY

I missed you

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i missed you too

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

I find chores' fascination with ethnicity and names in this game weird. I don't like it.
This looks like a game opinion, but isn't.

##vote dick

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

missed you w/ my d0 vig that only succeeds on town (this isnt stated but i interpreted my flavour very carefully) kashuno is scum vote kashuno

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I . . . continue to agree with Kashuno? JFC

Also Asiina please don't post when in a bad mood.

You're right, I guess I should just smile more, hmm?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Hmm! Why did you choose these people? I agree on stick though.

People were talking about MMT, PMom is very fun to vote, and I always look at people talking sideways at me when I'm town for stick.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Never let them know what you're against or what you're for.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So I think what happened was my ego got in the way yesterday, and I apologize. The main reason I made the case on MMT in the first place was because I saw that there was 1 day, 6 hours left until deadline and the game was going nowhere, so I made a case on a minor feeling I had and pushed it. People saw right through it, rightfully called my case false, and it frustrated me, both because my attempt at getting us out of joke phase failed and because the vets here don't hold me in high enough esteem to assume I was just trying to engage people. So I dug in, forgot why I made the case in the first place, and was just trying to get people to validate my case. Ironically enough, that was my whole case against MMT. It's stupid and petty but whatever, I was having one of those days. I still don't like MMT's initial post, but it was minor as TNL said and I think her follow up was good.

Looking back, I think there are a couple of things that bothered me out of that exchange. Some of Stickup's comments were out of place, like the assumption that I was sticking up for him instead out casing MMT and it seemed like alot of me-tooing. I don't know if that is scummy or not, I just picked up on it.

I don't know what Asiina is doing. I'm assuming it is some sort of PR.

My biggest scum read is CC. He strolls in, asks what is happening, and then completely ignores the biggest case going (which I would estimate would be me, but that may be an egocentric view of what was happening) to give a couple of shrugs and non-reads. But if you look at his evaluation of MMT, he does take a couple of indirect shots at me, implying that I may be scum (but may also be town who knows lol). So I'm comfortable with my vote on him for now.

The silent people also need to speak and use their words.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: ROBOT VOTECOUNT: Brave New World edition! Beep boop! Day 1! :c:

Your Personal Muse (2): Max, The Ninth Layer, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Dick Bastardly (2): this is a stickup, Pinterest Mom
Kashuno (2): got some chores tonight, Rarity
this is a stickup (1): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, CCKeane
Asiina (1): Kashuno, -Kashuno, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (1): Your Personal Muse
Murmur Twin (1): dogmother1776
Pinterest Mom (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
got some chores tonight (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer
Chic Trombone (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (5): Asiina, Chic Trombone, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Retro Futurist

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 28th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours from this post.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im about to crack the case on whos definitely 100% scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

im about to crack the case on whos definitely 100% scum

Are you someone I know?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote ##vote chic trombone

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Are you someone I know?

depends, are you your mother's pimp

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

That's really not at all what I was saying.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
No? The necrophilia market is too small and also rude

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmmmmmm ##unvote I'm cooling on YPM at the moment.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is it due to his dead mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

is it due to his dead mom

What do you think of CC