Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've got to get ready for bed. I can't stay up all night for deadline like I used to. So you've got about 5-10 minutes if you want me to field any last questions. Otherwise good night.

i might vote you if inf isn't going to happen sorry xoxo

i'd throw down on moat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
stay strong somber, inf has kept in the lead all day, people will vote for it (albeit begrudgingly) if we keep the faith.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
death before dishonour

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the only way ill ever let an ecco win is with a marriage alliance

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

i might vote you if inf isn't going to happen sorry xoxo

i'd throw down on moat too.

I agree with you on Moat. I'd rather you didn't, but you got to do what you got to do I suppose.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EccoRaven posted:

stay strong somber, inf has kept in the lead all day, people will vote for it (albeit begrudgingly) if we keep the faith.

i love brinkmanship as much as the next fella but i don't know if that's how it'll play out.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'd rather no lynch

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

I'd rather no lynch

same, my ideal mafia game is playing out this clash of personalities over and over again.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

I'd rather no lynch

:eyepop:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you know how today was a lot of fun and really loving good? imagine how much better it'll be tomorrow when we've accomplished nothing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I wish I could be facetious and sarcastic without players immediately trying to make me walk the plank. I envy you Somber.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Somberbrero posted:

you know how today was a lot of fun and really loving good? imagine how much better it'll be tomorrow when we've accomplished nothing.

I know right!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber is fun at parties

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

its gonna own

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

And this lynch "accomplishes" something how?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log, Day 11.1
++++++++++++++++++++++

Slamburger The Man Burglar
By Second Mate Ninth

What's in a Slam Burger?
Is it two slices of bread
Wrapped around a delicious steak patty?
Or are those bread slices green colored
And shaped like scaly wings
Encasing a maw of glinting teeth?

Does a Slam Burger hunger
To be eaten, as all burgers must
And thus fill noble wizards with courage?
Or does it contain a different hunger
To eat, to devour whole those
Who carry small morsels of gold?

When a Slam Burger is grilled
Does it sizzle appetizingly
As all meat must sizzle?
Or does it make no noise at all
As its metal casing consumes heat
With a bottomless sinister thirst?

I have seen the Slam Burger
Its devilish jaws poorly painted meatlike
Waiting atop the boat's grill
Among the innocent, slightly overcooked patties
Waiting for its opportunity to steal
To burglar a man.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey ninth what can I do for you to get you to vote for infinitum? answer in character if you like I find your posts delightful.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

And this lynch "accomplishes" something how?

To the proponents of Inf's demise, the flip should provide some beneficial insight.....right? RIGHT? gently caress, I'm getting drunk now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bow Meow.

(This is one of, if not the most unproductive argument I've seen.)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

To the proponents of Inf's demise credit, the flip should provide some beneficial insight.....right? RIGHT? gently caress, I'm getting drunk now.

I meant to add that word in there. I still suck at English I know, jeez.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I meant to add that word in there. I still suck at English I know, jeez.

hey, at least you don't say "amongst."

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I just want to say I loving love TNL's posts. If you're skiping them, you're wrong (Inf :colbert:)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey DB welcome back, you're voting for me because "I don't think ecco would vote for a policy vote as town." Is that correct?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

hey DB welcome back, you're voting for me because "I don't think ecco would vote for a policy vote as town." Is that correct?

Ugghh, I just have a bad feeling. Wouldn't you have made your intention clear from the first post or vote post?

It's like you just threw the vote down and was all "hey everyone do this". I mean yeah it could have EASILY been insinuated as a policy vote, but you didn't express as much until it became and issue with some players iirc.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ugghh, I just have a bad feeling. Wouldn't you have made your intention clear from the first post or vote post?

It's like you just threw the vote down and was all "hey everyone do this". I mean yeah it could have EASILY been insinuated as a policy vote, but you didn't express as much until it became and issue with some players iirc.

would you like me to produce receipts from before the game where Ecco tried to talk Podima into not accepting Inf as a player

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 11.2
+++++++++++++++++++++++

This party is so lively that in fact some of the crew have finally begun talking to me! How exciting! Naturally I immediately ran to log this development in my private journal that I am still very convinced no one else has access to.

When I do eventually respond to cook EccoRaven, in my own voice no less, I imagine that it will sound something like this:

"Dearest cook, first of all let me compliment you on the fine assortment of fish and fish you have served us today. It pairs well with the Dead Lime cocktail we have all been sipping. I too have thought about Infinitum's chances in the diving contest, but simply put, I am uncomfortable with the notion that as a policy we should nominate divers based on their contributions to previous boats. Yes, Infinitum did arrive here shipwrecked, and I accept the possibility he may have been directly responsible for that wreck. But I have no knowledge of those prior events, and in truth find the hearsay surrounding such events to be somewhat hysterical. In my own limited experience with Infinitum, on previous astral projection missions that he happened to have reincarnated into, I have seen nothing to make me think he would be a worse crewman than your average salty boat man. I hold him no personal grudge and feel reluctant to enable another's.

"With that said, I am fully committed to our day's activities, and that includes the diving party. We've selected the judges and everything; it would be a shame to call it off."

Yes, that's exactly what I'm sure I will say to EccoRaven.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

would you like me to produce receipts from before the game where Ecco tried to talk Podima into not accepting Inf as a player

had infinitum signed up before I did I probably wouldn't have signed up at all v:)v

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

EccoRaven posted:

had infinitum signed up before I did I probably wouldn't have signed up at all v:)v

Unfortunate

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Haha, I haven't been in discord in a while. Is this true? If anyone other than Ecco and yourself vouch for this I'll reconsider.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Haha, I haven't been in discord in a while. Is this true? If anyone other than Ecco and yourself vouch for this I'll reconsider.

you can find it yourself easily, along with surprise bonus guests contributing.

it's pretty great, I love our cliques.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the alliance of the captain, the second mate, and the castaway is a really strong one and you should join our alliance against the first mate

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm sure I will say to EccoRaven.

It is a good thing I can read minds, then, dear Ninthwyrd. I understand your concerns, however I ask in this case that you trust me; we have a long history together, I would never ask this of you unless it was worth it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 11.3
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Notes for my upcoming book: 153 Useful Wizard Wizdoms For Not Being Eaten By Dragons:

#27: If it looks like a dragon, talks like a dragon, and breathes fire like a dragon, see if you can climb into its gaping mouth, just in case.
#63: The only dragons that are distracting are the dragons we let ourselves be distracted by.
#18: Always write out any number-based list in numerical order.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Get amongst the vote, folks.

Get amongst it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Ecco, why the gently caress have you dragged old drama into this game and literally sucked the fun out of playing it?

You've done nothing but tunnel the gently caress out of me all day on the back of a policy vote from old bullshit you haven't let go of, and if I had pulled this poo poo I would have been called out for anti-town tunnelling play. You call me a bad player, but all you've done is harped on about old poo poo noone loving cares about except you. Had I done the poo poo you're doing to me right now, I'd be the arsehole

I feel like I've been pretty polite on the back of all this hostility D1 and have given you a wide berth and focused on other players. So you don't want to play with me? loving fine.

##vote Ecco
There now we don't need to loving deal with you subbing out tomorrow because I'm still alive.

Someone quote this post because I'm pretty sure Ecco has me on ignore.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

1 hour and 7 mins.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Ecco, why the gently caress have you dragged old drama into this game and literally sucked the fun out of playing it?

You've done nothing but tunnel the gently caress out of me all day on the back of a policy vote from old bullshit you haven't let go of, and if I had pulled this poo poo I would have been called out for anti-town tunnelling play. You call me a bad player, but all you've done is harped on about old poo poo noone loving cares about except you. Had I done the poo poo you're doing to me right now, I'd be the arsehole

I feel like I've been pretty polite on the back of all this hostility D1 and have given you a wide berth and focused on other players. So you don't want to play with me? loving fine.

##vote Ecco
There now we don't need to loving deal with you subbing out tomorrow because I'm still alive.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum posted:

##vote Ecco

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Birdstrike posted:

team emptyquote strikes again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum posted:

##vote Ecco

• Locked thread