Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Whoa, but how can Ronan help them stop the Sentry?? Walk me through this, Pete, I have all of April open to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
So you're saying Ronan can be used to stop the sentry. But how can we use Ronan to stop the sentry? Wait, I got it, Ronan can stop the Sentry!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Haifisch posted:

So you're saying Ronan can be used to stop the sentry. But how can we use Ronan to stop the sentry? Wait, I got it, Ronan can stop the Sentry!

that's brilliant, but how

explain it to me in detail, several times over the course of two weeks

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So, Ronan started the sentry, right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even for Recap Man, this is getting a little silly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guys, haven't been in the thread for a while. Can I get an update on the sentry and Ronan's unconscious body?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I sure hope we're still going to get :shroom: s

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cakefarts Carol posted:

won't be much left of the state at this rate.

yeah, capitalism is a cruel mistress

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The next arc's enemy is libertarians. The "who is John Galt?" speech takes until the heat death of the universe to recite in Spider-time.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's almost Sunday. What are the chances we're going to see the plan in action tomorrow?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmRpKKyvSs

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

You know, given that Ronan came to Earth to get this Sentry so he could "conquer the galaxy" with it, one wonders how long Ronan had set aside to do that given that the Sentry's blowing up Albuquerque one building at a time. Even without NSM time in effect, its gonna take the poor 'bot weeks to SHROOM just one small city to pieces at the rate he's going!

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
NSM is like the Marvel universe on ambien

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mr. Squishy posted:

Didn't Stardust the Super Wizard do that to someone, and nobody went up against him twice, I'll tell you that for free.

Stardust's punishments are too weirdly specific to just throw someone into the sun.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

That man's arm is paste.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I always inhale my vitamins.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

AfroSquirrel posted:

That man's arm is paste.

Well it is after Stardust crushed it.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Oh, bloody hell. Stardust the Super Wizard is amazing. Superman unfettered by things like weaknessess and morality, obliterating those he deems 'threats' in the most horrifying ways.

He really needs to make a comeback.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Oh, bloody hell. Stardust the Super Wizard is amazing. Superman unfettered by things like weaknessess and morality, obliterating those he deems 'threats' in the most horrifying ways.

He did.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Stardust would be the best villain for the next time one of the big two has to do a continuity reboot.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just ask Garth Ennis to write some plots for antihero Stardust, then give those scripts to the staff writers and tell to come up with a method for the heroes to un-gently caress it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Stardust's punishments are too weirdly specific to just throw someone into the sun.

I like the one where he turns the bad guys into a bunch of rats and then creates a magical lion to chase and eat them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like the one where he turns an island upside down and then says "Get ready for the golden octopus"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What about Giant head

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

that sucks and lacks the bizarre cruelty which makes stardust special

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that sucks and lacks the bizarre cruelty which makes stardust special

Well he's been public domain for a while, there's nothing stopping anyone from trying something more interesting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Well he's been public domain for a while, there's nothing stopping anyone from trying something more interesting.

I think you need to be a way, way, way bigger rear end in a top hat than anyone who posts on these forums to truly make Stardust.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Get Garth Ennis on the phone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Get Garth Ennis on the phone.

I don't think even Garth Ennis's family would cheer when he froze to death penniless on a bench.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Get John Byrne on the phone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lurdiak posted:

Get John Byrne on the phone.

No no no, there is only man hateful enough, whose brain has been destroyed by alcoholism and being a lovely human being....

Get Frank Miller on the phone.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm shaking with anticipation here. The Sentry is destroying Albuquerque, Ronan is there unconscious, for now?, and the Sentry stopped itself short of destroying Ronan due to its programming. How can the Amazing Spider-man and his unlikely alleys save the world like that???

edit:

we will never find out how

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 9, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Good thing that officer was able to activate Spidey's Spidersense so he could notice the laser coming for him.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Having destroyed every parked car in the city, the Sentry realizes the police also have cars that are empty.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

once those run out, he'll start waiting in the bushes near parking lots for people to leave their cars unattended

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
After he's destroyed every car on earth, the Sentry will take off, satisfied in doing its part to encourage mass transit for a sustainable future.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

"And we don't have the firepower to stop it! But I'll continue to fire my gun at it because the panelist can't think of anything better for me to do!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo the sentry appears in identical poses in 3 panels, yet none of the coloring matches up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"THERE'S NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!" shouts Spider-Man after spending a week re-explaining the same thing over and over again :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Having destroyed every parked car in the city, the Sentry realizes the police also have cars that are empty.
A smog warning is in effect for Albuquerque, drivers are advised to not leave engines idling over 5 minutes or SHROOM

• Locked thread