Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree this Inf vs. pmom mess needs to be resolved. I have a :tinfoil: theory about what's going on with this claim/counter claim business, but there's too many pieces of the puzzle missing.

Also, my opinion on slamburger has not changed, and I don't think the push on said player has merit.

##vote Inf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I'm caught up finally.

I read the frustration for Infinitum towards the end of D1 as genuine but whether that's frustrated town at being tunneled incorrectly, or whether it's frustrated scum at being tunneled while happening to be scum, I'm not sure.

I do think that we have to resolve the PMom/Infinitum claim today.

This argument makes sense to me. Inf, you'd have been better to stay with the initial doctor claim, as opposed to going back and trying to modify what you meant later. I don't feel like it would have been that difficult to claim this role you're describing D1 but without more details on why you felt people wouldn't understand it D1 but would now, this seems real bad to me.

##vote Infinitum

Arf arf.

(This a scum post.)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf.

(This a scum post.)

good pt

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf.

(This a scum post.)

Hmmm, yes, great argument.

IllegallySober posted:

- I'm suspicious of Keane and to a lesser extent, TNL, as both are leaning on flavor while not making much in the way of arguments.

This a scum dog.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
My worry for choosing between inf and pmom is they I think at this point they might both be town. Lynching one and having them pop town could be indicative of the other being scum... if we are going to lynch one of the two infi is the obvious choice though based on the sorta flip-flopping.

It also bothers me that pmom won't share who he targeted and I believe claimed that it failed?(sorry can't remember, gotta look it up) There's more information to be had from that and if scum kill you tonight we are going to lose it. It's fishy to me that you are completely against sharing when you've outed yourself as doctor and will most likely die tonight.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

My worry for choosing between inf and pmom is they I think at this point they might both be town. Lynching one and having them pop town could be indicative of the other being scum...

These seem very opposed for back-to-back sentences.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I already said my action failed, and me saying who I tried to target doesn't give anyone any actionable information.

But repeatedly asking me who I targeted sure is an easy way to look like you're Engaged with the game and Asking Questions.

Found the post I was referring to. Telling us who you used your action on absolutely does provide information. You are just dancing around this so no one can counterclaim your counterclaim. Who did you try to doc?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Ok how else do I say I think they are both town but also say if we lynch one and they flip town everyone will go batshit on the other like SCUUUUMMMM.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Actually the second way I said it is probably better.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

Found the post I was referring to. Telling us who you used your action on absolutely does provide information. You are just dancing around this so no one can counterclaim your counterclaim. Who did you try to doc?

How would a proposed target of a claimed-roleblocked ability cause someone to be able to counterclaim

Unless you're implying there might be a tracker that saw him go somewhere, in which case this still doesn't make sense because, uh, he claimed to have been roleblocked

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

let's pretend i claim i tried to protect hal. what do you do with this info.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*whines*

(Pmom seems in pretty deep on a lot of bullshit but it's absolutely a null tell. Move I'd like to see, if I'm commander of the game, is to move on from Inf and PMom since the conflict started very early and would likely result in a resolution. We may be able to draw some conclusions from both of them claiming a power role and neither dying, but I'm unsure as to the actual benefit in resolving this today, particularly since the fighting on this issue is largely relatively useless in terms of gathering alignment information. Also pee pee poo poo.)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

So you are claiming that you attempted to use your ability on Hal? I'm more interested in why you are so against just saying who it was.

CCKeane posted:

*whines*

(Pmom seems in pretty deep on a lot of bullshit but it's absolutely a null tell. Move I'd like to see, if I'm commander of the game, is to move on from Inf and PMom since the conflict started very early and would likely result in a resolution. We may be able to draw some conclusions from both of them claiming a power role and neither dying, but I'm unsure as to the actual benefit in resolving this today, particularly since the fighting on this issue is largely relatively useless in terms of gathering alignment information. Also pee pee poo poo.)

Then where should we go pupper commander

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*licks self*

(I'd probably pursue the breakdown of 100/slam that happened last night and did not meet a resolution. But alas, I am bowling.)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Did that dog just talk by licking itself?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

So you are claiming that you attempted to use your ability on Hal? I'm more interested in why you are so against just saying who it was.

I'm not claiming that. I'm saying "let's role-play, with me claiming Hal, and you using that information, which you said would be useful, to draw conclusions, and if I'm satisfied that it is indeed useful information, and not just you hammering away at an irrelevant point, I'll claim for real."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mayor Glowku posted:

My worry for choosing between inf and pmom is they I think at this point they might both be town. Lynching one and having them pop town could be indicative of the other being scum... if we are going to lynch one of the two infi is the obvious choice though based on the sorta flip-flopping.

It also bothers me that pmom won't share who he targeted and I believe claimed that it failed?(sorry can't remember, gotta look it up) There's more information to be had from that and if scum kill you tonight we are going to lose it. It's fishy to me that you are completely against sharing when you've outed yourself as doctor and will most likely die tonight.

Thinking it through, I think the only risk is that Pmom reveals a player who is potentially defenseless tonight. Though that may amount to nothing since Pmom is now a high-value target.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not claiming that. I'm saying "let's role-play, with me claiming Hal, and you using that information, which you said would be useful, to draw conclusions, and if I'm satisfied that it is indeed useful information, and not just you hammering away at an irrelevant point, I'll claim for real."

I can't think of anything super useful to be gleaned from your claim, other than we know someone who you think is both town and maybe important, though it being D2 any opinion of yours on the matter is just pure chance/speculative so pretty overall useless.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

*licks self*

(I'd probably pursue the breakdown of 100/slam that happened last night and did not meet a resolution. But alas, I am bowling.)

I did! And I voted you and no one seems to want to listen to me.

I also want to just side-step infinitum for the moment since I think there'll be plenty of time to get back to it. Out of the two infinitium's double claims makes him instantly more suspicious but I figure we can check the veracity of that in the coming days. Honestly if he is what he claims he'll also be a high-level target and scum will work it out for us.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

So you are lying and refuse to tell us who you tried to doc. OK I'm happy you are playing like this, it's both helpful and fun.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I understand how you think it's useless information, I do not understand why you absolutely refuse to share what you did. It's not a good look tbh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If pmom wasnt playing this way I would think something was wrong

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

So you are lying and refuse to tell us who you tried to doc. OK I'm happy you are playing like this, it's both helpful and fun.

You're hounding me to claim a useless bit of information where the best case scenario is "ok. he claimed it. every player in the thread can read the post, and see that he claimed it." and the worst case scenario is "scum didn't actually roleblock me, but now know that there's a player who is untargetable by night actions". So, maybe, just stop doing that.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're hounding me to claim a useless bit of information where the best case scenario is "ok. he claimed it. every player in the thread can read the post, and see that he claimed it." and the worst case scenario is "scum didn't actually roleblock me, but now know that there's a player who is untargetable by night actions". So, maybe, just stop doing that.

I won't stop until you give the answer. If you are the doctor why wouldn't they kill you instead of the person you targeted last night? Maybe because you are lying about being doctor? There's plenty of options and all of them include me not letting go of the fact that you full claimed your role aside from who you targeted.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you'd like to vote me for refusing to provide information that you acknowledge is useless, you're welcome to.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Claiming a target provides information that might be proven or disproven, is helpful if you flip town and everyone has to piece roles and night actions together without you, and doesn't really hurt anybody. Same goes for Infi.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Having a "white mage" doctor and a "seraph knight" doctor-ish role together on the town is reasonable, especially in a flavor-heavy game where one townie has already flipped with an "ancient vampire" roleblocker-ish role. Assume that both are town, and that both are pissed at each other because of how D1 went, and one of them gets lynched. "Well it wasn't Infi/PMom, so that means it must be PMom/Infi," and you've lost two perfectly useful protective roles for no reason. Setting it up today as "well we have to resolve it with one of them" is a false choice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zzyzx posted:

Claiming a target provides information that might be proven or disproven, is helpful if you flip town and everyone has to piece roles and night actions together without you, and doesn't really hurt anybody. Same goes for Infi.

i've already said i didn't go anywhere last night, so :shrug:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
zzyzx, do you think it likely both Inf and Pmom are town?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

i've already said i didn't go anywhere last night, so :shrug:

I don't think you did. You said it failed, who did you attempt to use your power on? If you think it's useless why does it matter to share it?

zzyzx posted:

This is my point.

Also side note I believe infi claimed he can't use his ability yet.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Generally do role-blockers block their target from visiting another player? Or does the role-blocked player visit their target but their action fails as a result of the RB?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

I don't think you did. You said it failed, who did you attempt to use your power on? If you think it's useless why does it matter to share it?
Again, if this is the hill you want to die on, I invite you to vote for me.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Generally do role-blockers block their target from visiting another player? Or does the role-blocked player visit their target but their action fails as a result of the RB?

I believe it prevents them from any action, but it is up to the disgression of the mod in the end.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Again, if this is the hill you want to die on, I invite you to vote for me.

The question is WHY IS THIS THE HILL YOU CHOOSE TO DIE ON?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You're relying on hounding me about a piece of useless information as a crutch. Free yourself of it.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're relying on hounding me about a piece of useless information as a crutch. Free yourself of it.

You're relying on not having to claim who you doc'd just in case someone was watching you and you didn't get roleblocked? Because you are scum?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

You're relying on not having to claim who you doc'd just in case someone was watching you and you didn't get roleblocked? Because you are scum?

If that's what you're claiming, you should definitely vote for me, because that would mean I'm lying, yes.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

You are acting incredibly obtuse and more importantly anti-town

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
who cares

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

You fueled a stupid argument that ruined day one, and are now acting incredibly annoying.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mayor Glowku posted:

You are acting incredibly obtuse and more importantly anti-town

You've been acting like you really really want to vote for me all day. poo poo or get off the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You've been acting like you really really want to vote for me all day. poo poo or get off the pot.

I only wanted to vote for you after you came back with basically a "gently caress you" when asked who you tried to doc. Other people have chimed in as well with the same request, what do you get out of not saying who you doc'd?

• Locked thread