Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

IllegallySober posted:

Sure you will.

I haven't played a ton with you but this isn't at all how I recall you acting when we were on the 3P team in our last game and I want this resolved.

##vote PMom

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

Trying to off a doctor clain with a plausible argument. I don't like it!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

Dogs don't hiss

Scum found

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

yeesh

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

agreed

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been saying that scum would probably take care of it if either were the doctor, but they both claimed more or less last night, and neither of them was a target. That's weird.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

*Hisses*

(IS is scum.

There's currently nine people, including myself, voting for one of the two claimed doctors. I'm hardly alone in my desire to resolve it. :rolleyes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Slamburger posted:

You are a crazy person. I'm just going off the words you typed:

That sounds to me like its some limited use super-protector ability. That is not a "doctor". There's no reason some role like that could be exclusive with a normal every-night 1 target doctor, and would not be a reason to aggressively go after a person that counterclaimed that they were a normal doctor. You even just again said yourself "I've played in plenty of games and this is the first time I've seen something akin to this role." So not a doctor.

To then accuse me of rolecopping you? Let me ask you this: In what universe of possibility does this counterfactual EVER make sense:

1. Infinitum, a town player, claims doctor.
2. The scum team thinks that a town player just LIED about being the doctor in order to save himself, putting the real doctor at risk of outting himself via counterclaim, risking multiple town lynches and witch hunts, and massively screwing over the town.
3. In order the verify this a scum rolecop decides to double check this lie to find out what infinitum REALLY is, for the purpose of ???

This is total nonsense.

Actually I think I get where he was coming from mainly because you managed to guess it was limited use and blocked deaths. Cure-all would've had made me thinking more of poison or fire prevention. Also "certain conditions" doesn't necessarily lead one to limited use. I see how he got paranoid about you rolecopping him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not seeing Scumburger. Also, having chores endorse doesn't make much of my opinion feel strong about voting slam, Chores has been altogether hard to read.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

seeing as slamburger doesn't seem viable I will move to ##vote pmom

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
## unvote

100, is your role passive or active?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to bed as it's 7am and I stayed up all night like a chump, so I'm going to miss deadline.

I'm 100% confident in my vote on PMom, I believe he's the correct lynch for the day and we can put this issue to bed finally and get on with the game.

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr
- PMom won't claim who he doc'd and is confrontational when questioned about it (Most likely because he did the kill last night)
- PMom is not actively playing towards his town win-con, something he was policy voting me for
- PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement
- Slamburger has scumslip'd stating he had info about my role before I revealed it, and is likely a rolecop
- If any kill happens tonight, feel free to turbo my rear end tomorrow

##vote PMom

Add to the fact he thought he was flavour claiming his role instead of role claiming :psyboom:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I also thought it was a flavour claim when I made it :shobon:

Well..
NONE of the poo poo he says adds up, he's been called out on it numerous times, and I'm confident he's lying about being a white mage. It's just too powerful a role paired with a Seraph Knight.

PMom hasn't engaged with town, is withholding cases with *wink-wink* "wait-until-tomorrow" promises, is hostile when asked direct questions, etc, etc.
This is not a town player, this is scum here to stir the pot and muddy the waters rather than try to solve the puzzle of who is scum and who isn't.

:siren: I'll be using my miracle ability tonight. No kills will go through. :siren:
:siren: If I'm lying lynch my rear end D3
:siren:

I would also be happy with a Slamburger vote, but I'd prefer if we didn't have the exact same split-vote no-lynch situation that happened on D1.
So vote PMom for a scum free tomorrow.

Good night :tootzzz:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

## unvote

100, is your role passive or active?

What's with the role-fishing?

Inf says: PMom has had to counter-claim Doc, which was the best thing he could think of to get out of his "strong-role reasons against there being a Doc" statement

This actually goes someway in explaining why Scum Pmom would've counterclaimed, but why even subtly counter-claim to begin with? It makes a scum player too suspect early on.

This point is the only thing preventing me from confidently voting Pmom at the moment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The plan is really to watch me flip white mage, have scum withhold the kill, and then leave a question mark still hanging over inf tomorrow?

Ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
100, between Pmom and Inf, if you had no other choice, who would you vote?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

100, between Pmom and Inf, if you had no other choice, who would you vote?

Pmom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
theres a 0% chance inf's role is real please dont fail me at this junction

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like three of the people on pmom are scum rn smh at the town players who are so fuckign atrocious at this game

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

got some chores tonight posted:

theres a 0% chance inf's role is real please dont fail me at this junction

Considering the 0% you've done or contributed to the game I'd be happy to vote you out.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

gently caress you retard

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

like three of the people on pmom are scum rn smh at the town players who are so fuckign atrocious at this game

Mr.F!, IS, JFisk

you right, you right

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Considering the 0% you've done or contributed to the game I'd be happy to vote you out.

but also you right, you right

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You should know by now I follow a request if politely asked. Brow-beating won't get you anywhere.

Bastardly why do you ask about my role? As far as you should be concerned I'm vanilla.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You should know by now I follow a request if politely asked. Brow-beating won't get you anywhere.

Bastardly why do you ask about my role? As far as you should be concerned I'm vanilla.

Well as far as I'm concerned, you're not.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

Mr.F!, IS, JFisk

you right, you right

IS seems to be stepping into a game without having yet found their groove. I wouldn't jump on them just today.

Magnus... has seemed somewhat manic all the game with the trumpeting of Chores on D1. He's given us an unsubtle remark in regards to Pmom's claim, which is as acceptable as anything else at this moment. I don't want him to elaborate. As I've said before we've had far too many claims as it is.

Fisk. Yeah. Maybe. All I can say for sure is that Fisk doesn't say much but they do seem to know what they are doing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

Well as far as I'm concerned, you're not.

If not pressed to answer your unscrupulous question I'd rather not answer it for now. I will direct you to read between the lines otherwise.

Get me back to -1 vote when I'm awake and I'll answer your question gladly!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If not pressed to answer your unscrupulous question I'd rather not answer it for now. I will direct you to read between the lines otherwise.

Get me back to -1 vote when I'm awake and I'll answer your question gladly!

:same:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

So you are blaming everyone else for Pmom's terrible posting

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dont talk to me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DB you're not voting anyone at all actually. Why the hesitation? Not even regarding the whole inf/pmom debacle, you must have some other candidates in mind?

Also I'm falling asleep at the keyboard and will give this about 15 more minutes, but then I'll lay down my vote. I take FL's vote on Glowku more like chastisement than an actual vote. He's been one-note but he's coming from an angle that I can get. The DB I could go with but... it's not my favorite. Anyone up for Keane still?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I take FL's vote on Glowku more like chastisement than an actual vote. He's been one-note but he's coming from an angle that I can get.

I mean, I would 100% not be opposed to getting rid of glowku today, but yeah I've made my further opinions pretty clear I think.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Glowku has tunnel vision, isn't scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You have and it's a fine point. I err on him being blinded by overzealousness, but he has woefully misinterpreted some stuff said.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

100yrs, im sorry i called you a retard

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100yrs, im sorry i called you a retard

You're good. I didn't take it personally. Don't take it too hard when I said you've done 0%. That's an exaggeration. But it's true I have a lot of trouble parsing what you say which disinclines me to taking your advice at times.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lets talk about some nonmafia things so i dont get permatilted at you

what are some good french candies

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote pinterest mom

Inf made a fairly compelling case, with a handy out for tomorrow. I do find Pmom to have been unusually cagey about some things today that don't predispose me towards them either. I won't be able to change my vote from this point onwards so Good Night.

lets talk about some nonmafia things so i dont get permatilted at you

what are some good french candies

There's these great things called Ourson Guimauve that I adore. Marshmallow like filling coated by fine milk chocolate. Comes in several variations but the best ones are the Hérisson (hedgehogs) that also include puffed rice à la Crunch bar and caramel (always keeping the guimauve). It's very decadent and my go to "lovely day" food. You can get a nice bunch of Haribo gummies but generally candy here is just chocolate based. Sugary-sweet stuff isn't all that common. There's some nice Kinder products. The best being the Kinder Fresh. It's a chilled chocolate bar shaped like a Rhino or Hippo with milky cream in the middle and a thin cookie wafer on the bottom coated with caramel. My partner loves those.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

*yawns adorably*

(I humbly request that you not follow this request)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*scratches ear*

(I like DB or IS for a vote right now.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

How did 100yrs' vote get assigned to keane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

How did 100yrs' vote get assigned to keane

It didn't; 100's last vote didn't register. I don't know why, I just checked the formatting and it looks fine.

• Locked thread