Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

The luxury is that if Banjo Simmons isn't a total bust, they'll be able to play the same way with and without him on the court, because Dario replicates his playmaking in ball handling

They really need guards and a new training staff

Exactly. The ideal situation is for them to play the same role on different units, not together (at least not a lot together - I could maybe see a 8-10 minute overlap with ridiculous passes all around).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

what a weird time to write this article. Like how can you criticize a team's D when they've been playing garbage men for weeks. It'd be like reading an article on why the Nets need to take higher percentage shots. I mean sure, they should. But it's not relevant when the team is suiting up scrubs/players who wont be there next year

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BWV posted:

what a weird time to write this article. Like how can you criticize a team's D when they've been playing garbage men for weeks. It'd be like reading an article on why the Nets need to take higher percentage shots. I mean sure, they should. But it's not relevant when the team is suiting up scrubs/players who wont be there next year

Their DRtg is the same both before and after the All-Star break, which the article points out.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kibner posted:

Their DRtg is the same both before and after the All-Star break, which the article points out.

yea I guess I barely read it. It just seems weird timing. To me t boils down to not signing old players who lack athleticism.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BWV posted:

yea I guess I barely read it. It just seems weird timing. To me t boils down to not signing old players who lack athleticism.

It's because there was a push for full triangle late in the season and there has now been enough games of it with the team's "best" players for someone to write an article about how it changed nothing but making the offense worse.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

Ironically the Nets are close to Houston in terms of optimal shot selection. They simply had no one to get things going while Lin was out. Philadelphia was in the same position for the last few years. If you remember, they improved massively at the end of last season because they signed Ish Smith and started taking less threes and contested layups and more open midrange jumpers. Worse talent means closer shots , less guarded shots = more points. When the going gets impossible, the impossible sign squirty guards who like to take off balance midrangers and flick up weird floaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asXau88O5Is

OOh look I got my title for donating
I am a plaster town cop
I Defend the plaster town and am myself made of plaster

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 12, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I have never been so confident that the bulls will lose a game than I am for tonight against the fetid rump of tje nets.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Has the majority of the NBA chosen to forget that Ron Artest is a mentally ill menace or is the majority of the NBA fanbase too young to remember most of the poo poo he's done? Because I don't get all of the puppy love he's getting now that he's finally going away

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ron Artest is a champion for ending mental health stigmas, day drinking before games, never taking off your jersey, and karaoke.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

BIZORT posted:

Has the majority of the NBA chosen to forget that Ron Artest is a mentally ill menace or is the majority of the NBA fanbase too young to remember most of the poo poo he's done? Because I don't get all of the puppy love he's getting now that he's finally going away
I remember.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BIZORT posted:

He became a weird quirky dude with a funny name. Also implying that mentally ill people are dangerous is not cool (even if this one is/was).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

Nah it's a decent contract for an okay player in the new market. And BOTH of those Chasson Randle contracts are pretty good!

Its 11 mil a year for one 3 and one steal a game. Also he finishes up fast break layups okay I guess.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I've discovered what's wrong with this roster. There's a Plumlee on it.

Every team gets better when they ditch a Plumlee. Everyone knows this.

Plumlee should be in the D-league but the terrible no good lovely body of Joakim Noah pulls him up to serve occasional ten day contracts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I found the most painful scenario for the most fanbases of lottery hopeful teams today:

Only Sixer fans truly happy.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Henchman of Santa posted:

He became a weird quirky dude with a funny name. Also implying that mentally ill people are dangerous is not cool (even if this one is/was).

hosed up to call the crazy and violent guy crazy and violent. makes you think

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick posted:

I found the most painful scenario for the most fanbases of lottery hopeful teams today:

This one seems a bit better

would have liked to swap Brooklyn with Orlando, and maybe get the Lakers pick a little higher, but I don't have the patience to keep trying for that.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 12, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BIZORT posted:

haha yeah mentally ill people are awful high five!!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ron Artest owns

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

If the Knicks don't finish with at least the 6th pick im going to freak the gently caress out, especially after this season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

IcePhoenix posted:

would have liked to swap Brooklyn with Orlando, and maybe get the Lakers pick a little higher, but I don't have the patience to keep trying for that.

Yeah this is better/more brutal!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lakers are 100% getting a top-2 pick. Suns will get 4th. Just a gut feeling.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Makes a post specifically about Ron Artest

"ACTUALLY YOU SHOULDN'T..."

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

IcePhoenix posted:

This but switch the Wolves and the Pelicans because then the Pelicans pick doesn't transfer to the Kings

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BIZORT posted:

I don't think people have forgotten or don't know that he has mental health issues and is prone to violent outbursts. When he is on his meds and has his emotions under control, he seems to be a good dude. He is also doing a lot to help others with mental issues and kids learning math.

----

Toronto friends, I will be up there for a single day this summer to see Niagra Falls. Is there anything else I should see, eat, or experience during that day?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jota posted:

This but switch the Wolves and the Pelicans because then the Pelicans pick doesn't transfer to the Kings

I didn't even think about that (or notice the Wolves had moved up), but that definitely falls under the "do not have the patience to do" line of thought. It would definitely be better though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Kibner posted:

I don't think people have forgotten or don't know that he has mental health issues and is prone to violent outbursts. When he is on his meds and has his emotions under control, he seems to be a good dude. He is also doing a lot to help others with mental issues and kids learning math.

----

Toronto friends, I will be up there for a single day this summer to see Niagra Falls. Is there anything else I should see, eat, or experience during that day?

Bring a barrel with you; take the risk.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Kibner posted:

Was he on his meds when he did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnayIPA0Yfk

So quirky

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Remember the Ibaka/Lopez fight? Here is a video of the Raptors locker room post-fight courtesy of Open Gym.

https://streamable.com/mjaag

This confirms I'm right to love PJ Tucker. Best team hype man we've had in a while.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The most striking thing about that vid is how much leaner James harden was lol

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Metta world peace is a great man and james harden flopped.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BIZORT posted:

Was he on his meds when he did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnayIPA0Yfk

So quirky

I don't know. He didn't have his emotions under control, either, which was the second part of that sentence.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Panzeh posted:

Metta world peace is a great man and james harden flopped.

No.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Do the pelicans want to win this game tonight against the Blazers? Taking my mom and her favorite non-blazers are Cousins and Frazier, so I'm hoping they both play.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zelah posted:

Do the pelicans want to win this game tonight against the Blazers? Taking my mom and her favorite non-blazers are Cousins and Frazier, so I'm hoping they both play.

Frazier definitely will. Doubtful Cousins will.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

As annoyed as I would be for the pick swap to activate, I'd ultimately welcome it because we are so far separated from Philly in the rankings that a swap would still be an upgrade in position for us

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kibner posted:

If you're downtown go to Chinatown and eat dim sum till you pass out. Then walk over to Kensigton Market for other snacks. Walk across Queen street west for shops and patios. If you're into art the Art Gallery of Ontario has great stuff and is in a cool building.
It all really depends on what you want. In terms of non-north American/honkey food Toronto has really good options

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BWV posted:

If you're downtown go to Chinatown and eat dim sum till you pass out. Then walk over to Kensigton Market for other snacks. Walk across Queen street west for shops and patios. If you're into art the Art Gallery of Ontario has great stuff and is in a cool building.
It all really depends on what you want. In terms of non-north American/honkey food Toronto has really good options

I'm mostly looking for things that are unique to Toronto or, failing that, Canada.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I guess you could eat Beavertails but Toronto's whole deal is based around embracing other cultures. Actually, just go to Poutini's and eat as much poutine as you can.

If there's a raptor game on find a bar and watch us all complain about the league being rigged.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BWV posted:

I guess you could eat Beavertails but Toronto's whole deal is based around embracing other cultures. Actually, just go to Poutini's and eat as much poutine as you can.

If there's a raptor game on find a bar and watch us all complain about the league being rigged.

No basketball at the time we are planning to go, unfortunately. Poutini's and that art gallery sound like a good plan. I will keep the multi-cultural aspect in mind, as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kibner posted:

No basketball at the time we are planning to go, unfortunately. Poutini's and that art gallery sound like a good plan. I will keep the multi-cultural aspect in mind, as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

There's lots of good markets, festivals, events, etc. every weekend in the summer too. Worth checking out what's scheduled for the date(s) you're here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Gobias Ind. posted:

There's lots of good markets, festivals, events, etc. every weekend in the summer too. Worth checking out what's scheduled for the date(s) you're here.

Good to know!

• Locked thread