Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I really like the composition of the Patti Cake$ poster. It says so much about the character.

I also liked the Patti Cake$ one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

Does CBS have their own streaming service? Because CBS All Access sounds like a streaming service.

CBS All Access loving sucks because it is a streaming service that you pay for and it probably just as many commercials as on regular TV.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

muscles like this! posted:

CBS All Access loving sucks because it is a streaming service that you pay for and it probably just as many commercials as on regular TV.

Who on god's green earth would pay for a CBS streaming service? Really gotta get those Blue Bloods webisodes...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"I've really been meaning to cut the cord with the cable companies, but I'm also 80 years old."

fake edit: do they have old reruns of their Saturday/Sunday night dramas? Nana's gotta have those Dr Quinn eps

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Their main selling point up until Star Trek was a spin off of The Good Wife, called The Good Fight.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's dumb. The Claws poster was the best one in the group, and now I want to watch whatever Claws is.

Yeah, I liked the Claws poster. Evokes Spring Breakers or Bling Ring.

I'm also not sure if it's worth restricting people's posting to save like 2 seconds to scroll past boring posters.

Waffleman_ posted:

Early impressions of WW have been very positive, so she's probably confused that DC made a good movie.

IIRC this was also true of Suicide Squad until the embargo lifted.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Who on god's green earth would pay for a CBS streaming service? Really gotta get those Blue Bloods webisodes...

Definitely a smart move by CBS because it's not like geeky Star Trek fans know some other way to watch shows online without paying.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

IIRC this was also true of Suicide Squad until the embargo lifted.

The embargo did lift.

They're not allowed to post the articles with numbers yet, but they're allowed to comment on the movie now.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Another title- card dribble, plus some extras.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nihonniboku posted:

Their main selling point up until Star Trek was a spin off of The Good Wife, called The Good Fight.

They were intending to launch with Star Trek but the network apparently wasn't aware that you can't poo poo a Star Trek TV show out like you can a generic sitcom and had planned on it taking like a few months tops. Even with the extra six months or so they got Discovery is apparently all panic stations rush filming. Previous Treks got like a year of preproduction and development.

:cbs:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

An Indian remake of Rambo was announced at Cannes.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Should be on the Wikipedia page for the definition of "juxtaposition"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

kiimo posted:

Patti Cake$ was directed by a goon's brother.

He also designed the movie poster.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

And one for an upcoming film, with one of the laziest title/tag-line combos I've seen lately.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
From the director of Annabelle is like the least enticing thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That's only 975.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If he had already killed 1000 then there would be no movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is going to be so good, omg. I'm just gonna assume it's gonna include that guy who turned his arm bones into blades

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is going to be so good, omg. I'm just gonna assume it's gonna include that guy who turned his arm bones into blades

It does look neat. Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

100th film, dang. Outside of early silent film directors, is he the most prolific director alive?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm the split second appearance of Lightning and his magic spinning fan things from Big Trouble in Little China .

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This really really awful juxtaposition of different regions' boxart for a videogame got me wondering -- what's the biggest quality disparity between official posters for a single movie that you've ever seen?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for sharing two mediocre posters for a mediocre film released in 2005.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

flatluigi posted:

This really really awful juxtaposition of different regions' boxart for a videogame got me wondering -- what's the biggest quality disparity between official posters for a single movie that you've ever seen?

This looks like a '90s video game box art. Or the cover of the Halloween issue of a video game magazine also from the '90s.

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks for sharing two mediocre posters for a mediocre film released in 2005.

My proposed remake of this movie is a UN interpreter accidentally causing an international incident when she wrongly translates "bigly".

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

I used to read this back in high school but quit when the 2-edgy-4-u schtick got old. This seems to cover the first four or so collections which should be fun, though. It was edgy as gently caress from the beginning, but it made up for it with some nice action and really dark humor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Diana was a bit confused that day when Steve said they should give thanks to the soldiers who fought in the war.

This gave some people nightmares.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Badzinga.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is that the Bing Bong spinoff I've heard about?

Here's where I have to say that it's a trash show for idiots.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The MSJ posted:

This gave some people nightmares.

I hope that in-between all the lols and zingers this show will casually delve into the horrific mental traumas that made the character grow up the way he did.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Make em wait 3 seasons for the origin of Bazinga.

(This will be cancelled in 2)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Palpek posted:

I hope that in-between all the lols and zingers this show will casually delve into the horrific mental traumas that made the character grow up the way he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV2s-4ox2Vs&hd=1

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is Sheldon Adelson really so interesting that people would watch a sitcom about his childhood

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Palpek posted:

Pft, he's just a somehow undiagnosed, moderately severe high-functioning autism sufferer. As a punchline and mocked by all his friends, which is the best way to deal with mental disabilities.

Maybe the show will deal with the chronic issues with mental disability handling of the Texas school system.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 22, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's not on the autistic spectrum, he's got something that presents exactly like autism but isn't so that you can't yell at the writers about it if they do something offensive..

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The few episodes I've seen make Sheldon seem like a total douchebag and I guess the others are only "friends" with him because they're socially maladjusted idiots too.

Allen Wren posted:

That's only 975.

Well maybe he isn't done yet :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Is Sheldon Adelson really so interesting that people would watch a sitcom about his childhood

There are people on my Facebook independently from each other expressing their joy at this new series. I just hope there would be a gimmick secondary character that urkels the show away from tiny sheldon