Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Imagine: a mod that swaps the filenames between Ride the Fire & Birthday Train and does nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I was thinking about that the other day. Alternatively, change Danger Time to Birthday Time, where no moves combo and do 25% damage.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Someone wanna +R sometime this weekend? Looks like I'm losing my job yet again thanks to outside influences and I just need to hit something for a weekend before I go into full on panic prep mode.

PS3, PC, it doesn't matter.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
rev 2 pops tomorrow

bump.

good luck to anyone at combo breaker.

Also the Steam link is live. WOW WOW WOW A NEAR SIMULATANIOUS RELEASE FROM ARC-SYS A+

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631560/GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_REV_2_Upgrade/

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 25, 2017

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Gotta wait for the PC release, but at least I can get in on those sweet song rips now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3U7vmEEzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qskLiG0a_0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wedam2JKWt4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait for Rev2!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is anybody here switching mains? I feel like new versions are always kind of a nice time to reevaluate how you feel about the cast. I'll probably stick with Millia because I really like her new j.H but after trying out a bunch of people in the Rev2 demo I've become drawn to Elphelt. It's insanely satisfying catching people with the shotgun stance mind games and landing huge counter hit wallsplats

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just rotate 3 characters all the time anyway

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I want to try Baiken because she yells a whole lot and I like that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also wanna try baiken because of her cool parry thing and her huge boobs

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I wanna play Baiken cause her VA sounds like she chainsmokes 40 cigarettes prior to recording.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

Is anybody here switching mains? I feel like new versions are always kind of a nice time to reevaluate how you feel about the cast. I'll probably stick with Millia because I really like her new j.H but after trying out a bunch of people in the Rev2 demo I've become drawn to Elphelt. It's insanely satisfying catching people with the shotgun stance mind games and landing huge counter hit wallsplats

i want to drop leo so bad, but all my characters aren't in yet. i'm on the baiken bandwagon but i'm not actually excited to play her

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I play chipp but im thinking of trying ino or baiken

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I spent a month trying to learn some garbage Johnny tricks before giving up. Mostly this involved taking what were supposed to be his basic combos and making them even easier for a baby like me. Then one night I tried to teach myself how to j.DSDD, failed miserably and gave up.

Probably back to Axl since he's the only guy I can play. Between the revamped Haitaka and new moves I'm pretty stoked to play with his new tricks.

Every now and then I toy with the idea of trying to pick up some I-No but character specific combos make me grumpy so I don't think that would last long. Could keep it classic and do Sol, he's always fun. Didn't touch him too much before so I don't think I'll miss his old kick too much.

I have the worst character diversity in the world tbh.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I sort of wanted to try and learn some new characters prior to Rev 2's release, but since I'm on PC and can't get the demo it felt sort of pointless. I have the most stubborn muscle memory in the world, so with so many changes being made to characters it feels like it'd actually leave me at a disadvantage.

So I just stuck with Faust since he's barely being changed at all.

Oh but I am totally itching to try out the new Haehyun, though. Sounds like she's going to feel a lot better to play, on top of the weird new poo poo you can do with the dragon kick.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Faust still owns bones, I'm glad I switched to him a few months ago

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like dolphins :downs:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What about otters?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If May loved otters so much you'd think she'd be chasing after Sin these days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 is available.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

What about otters?

Winning with Mr. Otter is the best because the slashcam is May giving a thumbs up.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

So has anyone deciphered what all the symbols in the new lobby are suppose to be? What does the dot next to my name mean when I'm at a cabinet?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alright, I couldn't find the digital upgrade price in the PS4 PSN store, so I purchased the digital upgrade from the browser based PSN store, but now it doesn't seem to want to push the download to the PS4 for whatever reason. I'm a little annoyed at this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no real download, the Rev2 upgrade is like 100kb so it may already be downloaded. All the changes and stuff were patched in about a week ago

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

In Training posted:

There's no real download, the Rev2 upgrade is like 100kb so it may already be downloaded. All the changes and stuff were patched in about a week ago

Yeah it was real weird. It didn't apply at all at first, then I made that post, then I went back into the game and suddenly Rev 2 was a go. I don't know what was up with it before.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah it was real weird. It didn't apply at all at first, then I made that post, then I went back into the game and suddenly Rev 2 was a go. I don't know what was up with it before.

Mine was a little weird too but once I restarted the system it seemed to be fine.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Countblanc posted:

If May loved otters so much you'd think she'd be chasing after Sin these days

He's not thin and hairy though

Hell, I don't think he's even gay.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Didn't get to play much yet but I'm liking answer and baiken so far. It's also pretty neat that the rev2 upgrade purchase gets you both PS3 and PS4 downloads.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Is Rev2 on PS4 standalone or do I need to buy Rev1 first?

E: Google says standalone, tmyk

Kikkoman fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 27, 2017

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

WarpedNaba posted:

He's not thin and hairy though

Hell, I don't think he's even gay.

I seriously doubt that Sin, Ky or Dizzy even know what sex is

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
how are gear babbies formed

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Kikkoman posted:

Is Rev2 on PS4 standalone or do I need to buy Rev1 first?

E: Google says standalone, tmyk

There's a standalone version, and there's an upgrade DLC if you own rev1 already.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
actual footage of the night sin was conceived

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Pomp posted:

I seriously doubt that Sin, Ky or Dizzy even know what sex is

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Dumb question, but what's the answer to Kum's palm strike super? I feel like I used to know this but I forget cause I barely play Kum's. Super it, throw it, anything else? If you hold block wouldn't they just charge it until it's unblockable? I feel like there's gotta be a way around that but I'm not sure what.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

Dumb question, but what's the answer to Kum's palm strike super? I feel like I used to know this but I forget cause I barely play Kum's. Super it, throw it, anything else? If you hold block wouldn't they just charge it until it's unblockable? I feel like there's gotta be a way around that but I'm not sure what.

Jump and move constantly so they need to over compensate with guiding you and when they get you too close throw them.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Iirc it also only has 2 active frames so if you know the unblock timing you can just evade it entirely.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the armor loses to supers and grabs

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Cool thanks yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
any love for blazblue???

also, im really new to the whole stick thing. Do you guys suggest making my light medium and heavy on my first three top buttons and then my drive on my fourth?

• Locked thread