Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hand of luke
Oct 17, 2005

Mmmhmm, yes. I suppose I will attend your ball. Someone must class up the affair, musn't he?

HATECUBE posted:

Jesus goddamn christ I've watched automotive devs take months longer to fix critical life-endangering flaws in embedded systems

I don't want to alarm you, but that bug was life endangering to you and us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Perpetual state of flux would make a neat zone.

Is there a way to make it so that after using an item in the new overlay inventory it remembers where you were like the classic inventory instead of scrolling you back to the top? It makes dismantling many artifacts/scrap a hassle.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Unfinish3d posted:

Actually, the world is now.... constantly re-forming? I don't even know how to phrase this. Every time I go to a new screen it can't thaw the area so it just makes a new one. The world is in a constant state of flux. While I want to abuse this by shopping around at the stilt to find good items, I'm about to head out to a friends for the evening.

This game has the best bugs

That's a Qud as gently caress bug. Someone's messing with the dark calculus again

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Wafflecopper posted:

That's a Qud as gently caress bug. Someone's messing with the dark calculus again

Reminds me of a Niven short story I read once where the protagonist got "pushed" into a nearly-identical parallel universe...and then kept going, because apparently you can have a velocity in "parallel universe axis" in addition to a position. So he kept on "sliding" through incrementally more different parallel universes.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Isn't that how that guy speedran mario 64 while only pressing the A button .5 times?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

an a press is an a press. you can't say its only a half

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It's 'pressing the button down but not releasing' run through a :downswords: filter.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Seconding that a flux zone would be really cool and thematic with the time travel shenaniganry that Qud has. There are quantum jigglers, so what happens if an entire overworld tile is jiggled?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

In 32, after consulting with fungi, Zarmaqazz traveled to Artan Marsh, where she performed half of an A-Button press. Afterward, the fungi were so enlightened that Artan Marsh was renamed to Zarmaqazzabad.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Actually, "performed a fraction of a binary action" does seem like a Qud-appropriate Sultanic feat.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Raitzeno posted:

Actually, "performed a fraction of a binary action" does seem like a Qud-appropriate Sultanic feat.

Followed by outlawing fractional actions. Then the whole Sultanate disappeared into a parallel Qud for tax reasons.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Time is convoluted in Moghra'yi.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
FYI; I hotfixed the last known save issue. I'm keen to know if anyone else runs into any more save fails/weirdness. I did some fundamental restructuring that broke some poo poo. I think I have it all cleaned up, but if you notice a save/load issue with a new game on the latest build, don't brush it off, send me a save to support@freeholdgames.com!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hated by speedrunners for questioning the existence of a half press

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Baronjutter posted:

:eyepop:

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
Hey Caves of Qud dev guy. I like your game.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I bought and blitzed through the android version of sproggiwood the other week and it was really solid (I had beaten it on pc before but hadn't gotten around to trying out the new difficulty til this time).

Is the phone version of CoQ still coming along or is it on hiatus because of all the big updates lately?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its called grindr

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Clever Spambot posted:

I bought and blitzed through the android version of sproggiwood the other week and it was really solid (I had beaten it on pc before but hadn't gotten around to trying out the new difficulty til this time).

Is the phone version of CoQ still coming along or is it on hiatus because of all the big updates lately?

Well, the memory improvements I've been working on are largely inspired by mobile devices, since who gives a poo poo about memory on PC. I've got it down from ~560mb baseline post sultan patch to ~360mb baseline, which is very material for broad mobile device support. So yeah, coming along, it'll still be awhile though.

Sand Dan posted:

Hey Caves of Qud dev guy. I like your game.

Thanks, I like your posting in the thread so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Unormal posted:

Well, the memory improvements I've been working on are largely inspired by mobile devices, since who gives a poo poo about memory on PC. I've got it down from ~560mb baseline post sultan patch to ~360mb baseline, which is very material for broad mobile device support. So yeah, coming along, it'll still be awhile though.

Does this mean the iOS version just got a hell of a lot more compatible with 1gb devices? :ohdear:

I realize you're talking baseline and not 'total', of course.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does this mean the iOS version just got a hell of a lot more compatible with 1gb devices? :ohdear:

I realize you're talking baseline and not 'total', of course.

Looking better, at least.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Tollymain posted:

its called grindr

Okay, I laughed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Baronjutter posted:

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Unormal posted:

It's a good game, and it's exactly what Early Access should be. Keep it up! Bye.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Do gaslight weapons not work? I found one several games ago and thought it underperforming, now that I know about the penetration debug and have found another one, it seems they don't work.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

You could say the weapons are gaslighting you regarding their abilities?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Noticed a bug - I got a 'splendid workshop' that hovers near me and reflects 1% of incoming damage, minimum 1 point.

Turns out when I later got glotrot, the item reflected bleeding damage on me, basically doubling its damage per round. Haven't checked other sources of bleed effects but probably not working as intended.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Do gaslight weapons not work? I found one several games ago and thought it underperforming, now that I know about the penetration debug and have found another one, it seems they don't work.

Gaslight weapons work, they just treat as if your penetration level is equal to the enemy's AC if the gaslight weapon's PV is greater than enemy AC, like a crappy version of vibroweapons

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Wait what? You can get this game on mobile?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Wait what? You can get this game on mobile?

Not yet, I'm working on it! I do have internal alphas running on both android and iOS, so it works in principal, the UI just needs a lot of work.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
FYI Unormal: I just installed and had Windowed checked, but it kept launching in fullscreen. Turning off full screen in options worked fine, might just want to check that the launcher respects the checkbox on first install or something.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Also using the alt+enter shortcut to make it windowed/fullscreen doesn't change the option in the menu which causes it to at a seemingly random time change back. Not sure if thats at all related though.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Gaslight weapons work, they just treat as if your penetration level is equal to the enemy's AC if the gaslight weapon's PV is greater than enemy AC, like a crappy version of vibroweapons

So they're... straight up worse than non-gaslight weapons with the same penetration? :confused:

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

But, in the image I posted, unless I'm completely misunderstanding the log, the gaslight kris is hitting with PV 0 against an AV 4 opponent.

Oct 28, 2003

I didn't think this was possible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
This has almost certainly been brought up by someone else but you can equip glowspheres onto your body slot right now.

Its uhh... not very optimal.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Clever Spambot posted:

This has almost certainly been brought up by someone else but you can equip glowspheres onto your body slot right now.

Its uhh... not very optimal.

Become one with the orb

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

:orb:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism