Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's a scoop for ya, The Rock went to Dave's house for a strategy session on his Presidential campaign, and Dave advised him to have three scoops of ice cream to establish dominance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Then rovert says the plan for the amount of ice cream may have changed but it also may not have and acts like it's an equal scoop

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Then rovert says the plan for the amount of ice cream may have changed but it also may not have and acts like it's an equal scoop

Then he cryptically alluded to who the Rock may or may not be dating

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe that The Rock killed Osama and dumped his corpse into the ocean.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VJeff posted:

I've always just viewed it as such:
- People "in the business" like to believe or like to project the idea that the wrestling business is extremely complicated and that us dumb marks would never understand it without also being "in the business" first.
- Wrestling isn't that complicated, and what about it is complicated is just the insane, nonsensical unwritten rule carny bullshit that most people would immediately disregard as being stupid and archaic.
- Dave is a pretty common sense no bullshit guy who cuts through all the carny poo poo and just talks about wrestling in a common sense, logical way.
- This is :siren: exposing the business :siren:.

I do wonder what are the complexities that wrestlers think people who don't wrestle don't get.

And how bad some of the agents and writers are that all wrestlers are jaded against them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I can't believe that The Rock killed Osama and dumped his corpse into the ocean.

Rock: What would you like done with your corpse
Osama: Well I'd lik-
Rock: Man you really walked into this one you know....

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Tonysatweetin/status/875912919183233024 https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/875916452674510849

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Russo is Jeff Fisher, except Jeff Fisher could actually get a job up until last year.

So football is dumber than wrestling, I suppose?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

So, Vince Russo is Mike Martz.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The kind of coach two different owners lie about hiring.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

Jim Cornette spent years using his mouth to get nuclear heat for all sorts of wrestlers, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Mouthing off and heeling it up are all he knows

Jim Cornette is a ridiculous walking encyclopedia of American wrestling history nearly on par with Meltzer (and in some cases probably more informed) and it can be incredible to listen to him tell stories and remember everyone involved and who trained them and what the specific dates were when I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday. If you can pick and choose and skip his politics talks and quasi-fake hatred rants I consider him one of the most interesting podcast guys by far. His new cohost is so much better than whoever the last chick was too although he sounds like Paul heyman to the point where I was extremely confused at first.

Plus I really enjoy his Tuesdays at the Garden scrapbook about wrestling in Louisville and he signed it for me without me even requesting it which was neat

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Vince Russo is Chip Kelly

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish all these old-timers who are no longer employed with the WWE would stop having idiotic feuds with one another, and just talk about wrestling. The fact Russo has this weird coterie of fans who worship him is absolutely bizarre.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

Vince Russo is Chip Kelly

Man as bad as WCW was they weren't as bad as the Niners lol.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jim Cornette is a ridiculous walking encyclopedia of American wrestling history nearly on par with Meltzer (and in some cases probably more informed) and it can be incredible to listen to him tell stories and remember everyone involved and who trained them and what the specific dates were when I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday. If you can pick and choose and skip his politics talks and quasi-fake hatred rants I consider him one of the most interesting podcast guys by far. His new cohost is so much better than whoever the last chick was too although he sounds like Paul heyman to the point where I was extremely confused at first.

Plus I really enjoy his Tuesdays at the Garden scrapbook about wrestling in Louisville and he signed it for me without me even requesting it which was neat

Oh all that poo poo is great, don't get me wrong - his stories about NWA jobbers like Wee Willie Wilkins trying to go into business for themselves are amazing, as are the times he watches terrible matches and offers running commentary. I'm just saying I think he exaggerates some poo poo because he likes to heel it up.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

A lot of guys who used to make money Wrestling are now making money off of shoot videos and such. The same worked poo poo that sold matches is now what they use to sell their interviews, and because they are billed as shoots, who are you to say they are worked. Kayfabe lives, but only as regards to selling shoot interviews. You make a little money, your opponent makes a little money, you make up on camera to make a little money, you find a new opponent or bring back an old program, repeat as necessary.

All shoots are works brother. So....

Goodnight HULKAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

Man as bad as WCW was they weren't as bad as the Niners lol.

He once booked a pole match where there were 4 poles in each corner of the ring, one woth the title and the other 3 contained a coal miners glove in a horrible callback, a blowup doll, and a picture of Scott Hall. The finish involved a midget low blowing Jeff Jarrett.

That was a horrible match worthy of being called a San Francisco 49ers match.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The 49ers were gonna be bad regardless of who the coach was, Russo is Jeff Fischer or Marvin Lewis.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

He once booked a pole match where there were 4 poles in each corner of the ring, one woth the title and the other 3 contained a coal miners glove in a horrible callback, a blowup doll, and a picture of Scott Hall. The finish involved a midget low blowing Jeff Jarrett.

That was a horrible match worthy of being called a San Francisco 49ers match.

Also, according to the rules of the match, the ref who picked up the belt as it fell out of the box won the title.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Jeff Fisher is .500 coach over 20 years. Russo's career was nowhere near that good. He's much more like Romeo Crinnel or Charlie Weis.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Russo is Chip Kelly" is one of those things I'd have never considered but after hearing it realize it makes complete sense

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/mattfarmer93/status/876298487335235584 So sad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's the guy who trained Bryan Alvarez and(?) Vinny, right?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah. He had heart problems for years.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
for folks who subscribed to won/f4w right after the merger/up until a few years ago this is a huge blow. the shows with buddy were loving awesome.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Aaaah, gently caress :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Man this really sucks. By all accounts Buddy was a huge figure in the Pacific Northwest wrestling scene, helping train a lot of guys who came up in this area to go be bigger deals elsewhere.

As someone who really wishes Washington had a bigger indie scene (can't support my local fed if there's no fed to support :(), losing Buddy hurts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That's awful. It feels like I knew the guy's whole life.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Man that's heartbreaking. Right before Father's Day too. :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/876376468812554242

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"Not a fun show as always, but check it out." :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man.

Loved hearing Buddy telling stories.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wonder if Dave will let Bryan write the obit since it doesn't seem like Dave knows that much about him.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

for folks who subscribed to won/f4w right after the merger/up until a few years ago this is a huge blow. the shows with buddy were loving awesome.

Yeah... He was such an entertaining person. Loved his shows. Always seemed a nice guy.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So apparently there's a new WWE review show on youtube, but this time it's drag queens being catty. I enjoyed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDfANDW52LQ

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Oh, I didn't know goons had another web show

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Those drag queens are very entertaining and I can't wait for more

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Go RV! posted:

So apparently there's a new WWE review show on youtube, but this time it's drag queens being catty. I enjoyed it!

I'd like to hear more about Samoa Joseph and his sassy silt.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Go RV! posted:

I didnt know I needed this in my life. it's hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Go RV! posted:

Holy poo poo this is great

E: Noam as Alicia's gay best friend makes so much more sense than them being an actual couple

Benne fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 18, 2017

• Locked thread