Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Got the Southern Monsters swag in the mail about a week ago, it's nice stuff! I love the patch, I used to have a bunch of those from random places in the 80s and 90s and it totally reminds me of them. I can never decide what to put stickers on though, so those will probably just kick around forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Got the Southern Monsters swag in the mail about a week ago, it's nice stuff! I love the patch, I used to have a bunch of those from random places in the 80s and 90s and it totally reminds me of them. I can never decide what to put stickers on though, so those will probably just kick around forever.

That's some seriously sweet swag there. This is a goon game, right?

Ninja edit - yeah it is, I backed it, lol.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Mr Underhill posted:

That's some seriously sweet swag there. This is a goon game, right?

Ninja edit - yeah it is, I backed it, lol.
Kickstarter problems, having so many backed you can't even remember them all! Haha I've almost been there, although I slowed down a lot lately.

Dammit, I didn't notice one of the best parts of the patch is cut off, it says "1993" at the bottom.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Updates eight, nine and ten have been posted for Pathfinder in the meantime. Eight is about the sound design, nine is about the Reddit AMA last Friday with Alexander Mishulin and Chris Avellone, ten is about a new companion called Ekundayo.

I have to say, they're running a tight campaign that has already adressed most aspects of game design, I'm having trouble keeping up with the updates. Bodes well.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Speak of the devil, Comcept just updated the MN9 KS pages after, what, a year? to tell people they've restarted work on the handheld ports and are finally going to deal with the remaining physical rewards.

It's... better... than... nothing?

Does anyone even want the handheld ports at this point? I mean, maybe in a "getting what I paid for" sense but I wonder how many people will ever actually play them.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Updates eight, nine and ten have been posted for Pathfinder in the meantime. Eight is about the sound design, nine is about the Reddit AMA last Friday with Alexander Mishulin and Chris Avellone, ten is about a new companion called Ekundayo.

I have to say, they're running a tight campaign that has already adressed most aspects of game design, I'm having trouble keeping up with the updates. Bodes well.

Unfortunately, they finally hit the mid-campaign plateau with, like, 50k to go.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/#chart-daily

They'll definitely get the 500k, but I don't see them grabbing a lot of stretch goals, unfortunately.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's a lot that can happen in 24 days and as long as their stretch goals are in 50K increments (which I think is a good decision for the pacing of the campaign) I can see them getting at least a few. Tell your friends.

One million is probably unrealistic though, yeah.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
New video from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-VyXDv9Io

The models look purdy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

If only the TT RPG was good. Oh well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

S.J. posted:

If only the TT RPG was good. Oh well.

Yeah. But I made it through PoE and NWN2, I'll get through this one as well, I suppose. And hey, the class disbalance isn't as bad when you're running a full party.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

In case anyone was curious, Project Rap Rabbit has a little under 2 hours to go and is about $800k short of its funding goal. :rip:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

DizzyBum posted:

In case anyone was curious, Project Rap Rabbit has a little under 2 hours to go and is about $800k short of its funding goal. :rip:

Maybe they'll come out with a truly ill video in the last five minutes and save the project?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Moon Monster posted:

Does anyone even want the handheld ports at this point? I mean, maybe in a "getting what I paid for" sense but I wonder how many people will ever actually play them.

Absolutely not, but Inafune probably feels he has to do it to lessen the accusations of it all being a scam.

Funnily enough, Inti Creates just put out a handheld MN9-style game starring Beck that's far more fun that MN9 ever was despite being something they clearly knocked out pretty quickly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Maybe they'll come out with a truly ill video in the last five minutes and save the project?

Nah it'll be saved by a Chinese company that will launch on their new console.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It just saddens me that the people behind PtR and frickin' Ouendan couldn't make a better pitch than that thing. I own both Parappa's, I'm Jammy Lammy, and 100%ed all three Ouendan games (EBA inc.) and I still wouldn't bother giving them any money.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 20, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I blame the publisher more than the pitch, but even so, they must have been desperate to sign with a publisher that didn't have any money.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Renoistic posted:

I'm Jammy Lammy,

Y--you are?! I'm a big fan, ma'am!

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
wonder how much it wouldve cost to get a feature of lil yachty rapping about beinbg a rabbit that wants a snake to get out of his way

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Ancient Cities guys, presumably becoming increasingly aware that they're not gonna get funded, are getting more and more desperate with adding stuff to the higher tiers. I think I get two beta keys now if they fund. (They won't.)

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

The Ancient Cities guys, presumably becoming increasingly aware that they're not gonna get funded, are getting more and more desperate with adding stuff to the higher tiers. I think I get two beta keys now if they fund. (They won't.)

And it had to be the week of the steam sale. Sad but they really shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Ash of Gods and Starflint both made it, but dayyum, guys, DON"T run Kickstarters while E3 , the GOG and the Steam summer sales are on, that's suicide. Read the goddamned Lobster's guide ffs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Something I saw on Twitter that the thread might find entertaining. Someone did some research and found that in the last 3 years there has always been at least one Cthulhu based game or product actively taking pledges on Kickstarter.
https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/878192644005838848

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
If you had told me there was always at least three I wouldn't be surprised.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think phoenix point will be a good game, but only getting 10k in two weeks of slacker backing is pretty sad. They're really bad at this whole crowdfunding thing, especially with not releasing any gameplay footage until about 4 days before the campaign expired.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Just reassuring everyone that I am indeed a huge Lovecraft fan and would never take his name in vain or use it lightly.

But yeah I guess Cthulhu is big on Kickstarter, holy poo poo. Might have a lot to do with Sandy Petersen's board game campaigns which used to make bank a few years ago. Video game kickstarters really are small fries compared to board games.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

OH hey apparently Pathfinder: Kingmaker is funded. Yay.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So did Ash of Gods. Police Stories, alas, is at 51% with 9 days to go.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

Megazver posted:

So did Ash of Gods. Police Stories, alas, is at 51% with 9 days to go.

I'm starting to doubt exposure on sites like RockPaperShotgun matters as much. Or any of the big influencers, really. The Underground King got coverage from Kotaku for being the very last Steam Greenlight game, and Jim loving Sterling Son even did a praising video on it, and halfway through the campaign it's trending toward 33%.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rock paper shotgun's article made a few thousand for exo one, which I am pretty sure is more than the amount it went over its goal, so it's very likely it wouldn't have been funded without it

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Mr Underhill posted:

I'm starting to doubt exposure on sites like RockPaperShotgun matters as much. Or any of the big influencers, really. The Underground King got coverage from Kotaku for being the very last Steam Greenlight game, and Jim loving Sterling Son even did a praising video on it, and halfway through the campaign it's trending toward 33%.

But that looks like a whatever flash game, if you weren't friendly with the devs why would anyone give it money?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wendell posted:

Y--you are?! I'm a big fan, ma'am!

pff, jammy lammy is a poseur trying to skate on jammer lammy's name

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mr Underhill posted:

it matters if the game doesn't look like poo poo

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Police Stories looks great and got shouted on RPS, though...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mr Underhill posted:

Police Stories looks great and got shouted on RPS, though...

But we've had several cop games come out recently that were terrible, so I'm not going to fund another one.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Press generally does very little. Like, surprisingly little. Like, potentially within the standard noise of sales ups/downs a lot of the time.

In my experience the big things that are helpful are either streamers or social media sharing--I think most of the time when a game blows up off press it's doing so because it's echoing around on social media a bunch with shared links to the article more so than from any sort of regular-browser exposure. And how likely something is to get shared on social media actually doesn't correlate all that meaningfully to quality--it's all about having some sort of hook that functions as an excuse/ice breaker to get people talking about you. "Oh hey, [Facebook Friend], I know you love Lovecraft, so I'm going to share this post to your wall." Sometimes looking really pretty can be that hook, but even then it generally needs to be good looking in a sort of unusual way--Darkest Dungeon looked and sounded amazing, but in a way that evokes big nerd cultural touchstones like Hellboy and overdramatic horror movie narrators.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone got any deets on SCALE? Last time I claimed it was dead someone said I was wrong because he had updated four months ago or something and now its almost been a year.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So star citizen just put up the whole company and up and all their assets as collateral to a bank for a loan lmao

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Ramadu posted:

So star citizen just put up the whole company and up and all their assets as collateral to a bank for a loan lmao

Pretty sure that's bad.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

yeah haha. heres the whole thing in pdf form.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/charges/W3FsufjDb8gTRZZqoCvnEAJKzSk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ramadu posted:

That's hilarious.