Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Tired Moritz posted:

oh my loving god, then who copped Keane

No one, my very first post (before I read my role PM) said I n0 copped keane and he was scum but then I actually read my PM and saw I actually had a day cop ability (target chosen randomly, one time use) so I used it and got HAWKE as town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
blargh whatever, I can't read.

but yeah, Moat, Infi (RIP) and Hawke was daycopped. We could had another one if YT wasn't an anti-fun loving rude dude.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You don't like a townie having a job that is exclusively anti-town? Take it up with the mod, but lynching me for it is a bullshit lazy excuse for not playing the game.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Asiina posted:

Yeah nobody please lie in this game it's difficult enough to keep track of things assuming people are telling the truth tia.

No lying allowed in this here mafia game.

IM SORRY

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

It's stupid as hell that you people want me to play a game and not use my job

You think it's dumb that you want to play a game with rules and win conditions and then we get mad when you go against those win conditions for your own personal amusement?

That's incredibly selfish and you shouldn't play Mafia anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

You think it's dumb that you want to play a game with rules and win conditions and then we get mad when you go against those win conditions for your own personal amusement?

That's incredibly selfish and you shouldn't play Mafia anymore.

Kashuno posted:

You don't like a townie having a job that is exclusively anti-town? Take it up with the mod, but lynching me for it is a bullshit lazy excuse for not playing the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i think thats mean to say in a role madness game

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Every necromancer ability uses the same word for what the ability does. 1/4 chance person is jailed, 4/10 chance person is frogged, 1/6 chance person is poisoned, 1/4 chance person is jailed, 1/4 chance person is unblockably killed. It's a valid reading to say it completely knocks someone out of the game.

Ambiguous language, probably deliberately so. Guess we'll see how many we lose tonight. :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OKAY YALL IT IS NOT AMBIGUOUS

KILL IS ONE OF YOUR JOBS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES PERIOD.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote because apparently poque isn't the only one who didn't get the basics

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I believe Kash. Remember the Meteo ability in FF4? Most people iirc agreed it was a horrible ability to use but too drat fun to not use. Also, Kash is prolly a dead man walking anyway cause of poison now so no reason to vote him.

I will be voting YT later in the day, also think Tired Moritz would be a great lunch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

##unvote because apparently poque isn't the only one who didn't get the basics

how is that your takeaway from all of this

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If I were in your position, assuming you're town Necromancer, I would have never used my ability because of the possibility that it hurt town.
I would have been disappointed and potentially mad at myself for not re-rolling an obviously negative role depending on the circumstances.

But that doesn't mean I would use it and MIDDLE FINGERS TO THE SKY because I HAVE to use my power role.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I am not voting you for having an anti-town job. I am voting you because of your posting (or lack of it) D1 and when called out that you made a lovely role fishing content game and obviously had no intentions of ever following up on it you said "I will be at the top of the post count anyway" and then left to not only finish your FJF run but start a new one instead of participating.

Then you come in today and not only are using your anti-town job but acting as if it's ridiculous for anyone to have anything to say about it, that OF COURSE you are going to use it because what other option is there? That's not a real reason and I don't think you honestly believe it.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Added Space posted:

Every necromancer ability uses the same word for what the ability does. 1/4 chance person is jailed, 4/10 chance person is frogged, 1/6 chance person is poisoned, 1/4 chance person is jailed, 1/4 chance person is unblockably killed. It's a valid reading to say it completely knocks someone out of the game.

Ambiguous language, probably deliberately so. Guess we'll see how many we lose tonight. :shrug:

Mafia edit: One of those should be 1/4 chance for every person to be jailed, all abilities can hit anyone.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i would have farted on the world too, it could also hit.... scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i think it's dumb to lynch someone who was the one to daycopped infi

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jamuraan posted:

If I were in your position, assuming you're town Necromancer, I would have never used my ability because of the possibility that it hurt town.
I would have been disappointed and potentially mad at myself for not re-rolling an obviously negative role depending on the circumstances.

But that doesn't mean I would use it and MIDDLE FINGERS TO THE SKY because I HAVE to use my power role.

You have to be the most boring mafia player in the world.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Where is this idea that I'm poisoned coming from

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Added Space posted:

from the OP:

CapitalistPig posted:

:siren:

Death in this game, when you are targetted with a kill, you do not die, one of your jobs dies. This gives everyone four lives essentially.

When you are targetted with a kill successfully one of your jobs will die (randomly determined).

When all four jobs are dead, then you are considered dead and removed from the game.

:siren:

I don't see what the gently caress is even remotely ambiguous about this statement.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tired Moritz posted:

Tired Moritz posted:

didnt infi claim someone is scum? lets follow their lead

this is inconsistent.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You have to be the most boring mafia player in the world.

Sometimes you get VT and you suck it up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

I don't know. People are just claiming random poo poo at this point and everyone just goes along with it because they assume the other guy is right.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

Sometimes you get VT and you suck it up.

Not in a role madness game that's bullshit and if I was assigned VT in a game I specifically signed up to have a role in I would quit

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Added Space posted:

Did you mean to repeat Jailed?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Not in a role madness game that's bullshit and if I was assigned VT in a game I specifically signed up to have a role in I would quit

You got 1 job that shouldn't be used. You get 4 jobs total.

You are a crybaby.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

Asiina posted:

I do agree with this. I also think Flam is worth looking at. His post just now was seriously hedgy.

There's an important piece of text in the OP:

CapitalistPig posted:

You are all players doing a four job fiesta run.

In a four job fiesta run, you get assigned four jobs from the Super Nintendo video game Final Fantasy V. Following the above sentence to the word, that would mean even scum would get four jobs.

Basically, my point is: I thought it was better to lynch Kashuno sooner than later so that he doesn't end up killing (even more) town (either on purpose, or by accident). I decided not to, for a few reasons. One: I didn't necessarily have any evidence of Kashuno being scum in the first place. Two: I'd probably get singled out if I did vote for Kash. Three: I wanted to see if there were any other cases for scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
though I do agree with Bifauxen other point. I'm not gonna kill someone for using their role. I feel like if Kash is scum, they would have kept quiet but blah, no one else thinks so.

he's either being a bad town or a bad scum and I think the first is more likely.

Poque posted:

this is inconsistent.

he's 3rd. you think 3rds can't help town or what?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Please quit and take your ball with you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just read through like 6 drat pages right after I woke up, didn't someone say they had some ability that was going off on Kash tonight and he was already down to one job?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kashuno posted:

idk some people are poisoned. I can't read, its like 3am please forgive me

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Added Space posted:

Mafia edit: One of those should be 1/4 chance for every person to be jailed, all abilities can hit anyone.

I missed this, thank you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

There's an important piece of text in the OP:

In a four job fiesta run, you get assigned four jobs from the Super Nintendo video game Final Fantasy V. Following the above sentence to the word, that would mean even scum would get four jobs.

Basically, my point is: I thought it was better to lynch Kashuno sooner than later so that he doesn't end up killing (even more) town (either on purpose, or by accident). I decided not to, for a few reasons. One: I didn't necessarily have any evidence of Kashuno being scum in the first place. Two: I'd probably get singled out if I did vote for Kash. Three: I wanted to see if there were any other cases for scum.

What?

Can someone else read this and see if it makes sense.

That second point is a huge :siren: to me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tired Moritz posted:

he's 3rd. you think 3rds can't help town or what?

they can. i don't feel like it's logically genuine to claim that you are The Good Guy for daycopping inf and 'catching' him but then wanting to also follow his lead. catching a 3p with a cop in a game where roles don't indicate alignment isn't a reason to not lynch you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

Please quit and take your ball with you.

unlike you I would like to actually win this game by playing mafia, not hoping night action mafia fixes it for me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A heroic song can be heard.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

I think it's dumb to think that scum couldn't also be bards.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I just read through like 6 drat pages right after I woke up, didn't someone say they had some ability that was going off on Kash tonight and he was already down to one job?

I don't even know anymore.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Kashuno posted:

unlike you I would like to actually win this game by playing mafia, not hoping night action mafia fixes it for me.

I'm actually playing mafia. You're the "townie" killing other townies for funsies. That sounds like you're an anarchist dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guess who has bard for a water job :buddy:

Glad to learn you are town, Lumpen!

• Locked thread