Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk about you, but jamuraan and asiina sounded incredibly boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Point to me where I'm relying on night action mafia. Post an actual piece of evidence for this

You're saying that power roles are required to be used or what's the point of even playing. It's the same drat thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

no you can't. you don't know the makeup of the game

I am reasonably confident there are more town than scum in this mafia game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this whole push is based on assuming Kash plays like a robot going "beep beep beep i must make every decision that is beneficial to town". like he has only one ability, of course he's going to use it. It's human. This is a game where everyone has cool abilities. Of course people want to try them out.

While YT decided to randomly shoot someone and no one cares? This is dumb.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

this whole push is based on assuming Kash plays like a robot going "beep beep beep i must make every decision that is beneficial to town". like he has only one ability, of course he's going to use it. It's human. This is a game where everyone has cool abilities. Of course people want to try them out.

Nobody is saying either of these things.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Tired Moritz posted:

First of all, I'm voting YT exactly for that reasoning.

Second of all, I'm not voting Kash.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

I am reasonably confident there are more town than scum in this mafia game.

if an ability has a 25% killing chance and scum make up more than 25% of players then the expected value is net pro-town.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Poque posted:

if an ability has a 25% killing chance and scum make up more than 25% of players then the expected value is net pro-town.

That's not how math works.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that is absolutely how math works wtf

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If there are 10 people and I kill 25% of them at random, unless there are more than 50% scum, I am killing more town than scum.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
if you have 4 scum and 8 town, it would expect to hit 1 scum and 2 town, you don't think that is a net positive?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Jamuraan posted:

First of all, I'm voting YT exactly for that reasoning.

Second of all, I'm not voting Kash.

first of all, I didn't say your name.

second of all, this doesn't change the fact the push is lame and bad. I'm afraid people won't use their abilities because they'll be afraid that it might be "anti-town". that's not very fun.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it doesn't matter if it kills MORE, it matters if the % killed is better

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

YT is the vote leader and both of the people voting Kash also want to vote YT so what the gently caress are you talking about?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Poque posted:

if you have 4 scum and 8 town, it would expect to hit 1 scum and 2 town, you don't think that is a net positive?

That is literally a NO CHANGE situation. You go from 1/3 of the population is scum to, *gasp*, 1/3 of the population is scum.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so you wouldn't sac 2 town for 1 scum? that's all this boils down to

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Poque posted:

so you wouldn't sac 2 town for 1 scum? that's all this boils down to

No, I would not

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
can you see why others would? a flipped scum is crazy valuable

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If it was 9 town and 1 scum, yes, I would sac 2 town for 1 scum.

If it was 4 scum and 5 town, no, I would not sac 2 town for 1 scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm afraid people won't use their abilities because they'll be afraid that it might be "anti-town"

How is that a bad thing???

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok so bard songs are all day actions. You can't use the same song in a row.

Apart from the daycop song, there's:

* a doublevote song that grants doublevote to the bard and one random person (seems too risky near LYLO)

* another doublevote song that works on the bard and TWO random others (see above)

* :siren: One "mighty" song that makes the bard and one other random person lynchproof for the day :siren: (this is the one I'm really worried about)

* One song that works like the OPG-refreshing events from the FF4 Mafia game, doesn't work on bard abilities though

* Rolecop song
* Roleblock song
* Busdrive song

These targets are all random btw, seems like everything but daycop is kinda risky or sucks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Asiina posted:

YT is the vote leader and both of the people voting Kash also want to vote YT so what the gently caress are you talking about?

okay, ignore my second paragraph. The first point still stands though. Using abilities that can be anti-town doesn't immediately mean that they're scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
bifauxen why

thanks for ruining the mystery!!!

2nd song is anonymous votes btw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Poque posted:

can you see why others would? a flipped scum is crazy valuable

Yeah I get it, Jam you crazy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I did beef the math on that though, but my ultimate point still stands :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

bifauxen why

thanks for ruining the mystery!!!

2nd song is anonymous votes btw

We got enough mysteries thank you, gonna have to start on my drat spreadsheet today I guess

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Everyone under that black line with the giant arrow pointing to it needs to step it up or else consequences.

Not pictured but can consider themselves on notice -

bowmore - 3

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm excited for like 19 people to die so I don't have to pretend like I was going to write things down

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Poque posted:

I did beef the math on that though, but my ultimate point still stands :v:

I can understand where you're coming from.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
mysteries are fun and good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yay I'm no. 6

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
somebody tell me what white mage did so I know what I lost to leviathan's salty purge

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
actually lmao no don't

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

You're saying that power roles are required to be used or what's the point of even playing. It's the same drat thing.

Wanting to use my abilities != using night actions to solve the game

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Phew, I'm just outside the step it up zone for once. Good.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Assuming 8 scum remaining -

Killing 25% of players kills 2 scum and 5 town. That brings down from 8-12+ kills to win to 6-9+. Either way scum have 50% more work to do than town.

One random kill favors Mafia. Several random kills at the same time is mathematically a neutral action.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I don't find it likely we have a 1:2 ratio of scum to town in this game. I would say at best we have a 1:3 ratio, assuming CPig balanced it around the sheer number of crazy anti-town roles out there.

That would make the situation closer to:

7 scum, 21 town.

We can round to 8 / 24 to make the math a little easier, but we would expect to hit 2 scum and 6 townies. Is that a trade you're willing to make?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Flamander posted:

Not good!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Flamander posted:

don't let that stop you

Added Space posted:

Assuming 8 scum remaining -

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

And it's very likely that it's not 1:3 ratio, it's probably more in town's favor like I'd guess 6 scum, 2 3P, 2 self-aligned SK types, and 19 town.

• Locked thread