Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Here is a question: if you were a town daycop, wouldn't you start the day using your day cop to determine if Inf was, in fact, lying about me, to confirm if Tpink also lied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am not feeling very good about King Burgundy. :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Like this is me taking a stand. Either you guys help me vote out Kash, or I'm using my abilities too. I guess you could say I'm taking this vote hostage. :)

##vote KB

Fun move, feels like something outta my playbook. If this is genuinely in your character as well, I'm sorry for dumping on your new direction and will look forward to enjoying more capricious KB antics in the future

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
YT, I'll agree with you somewhat. A 3P with no ability to kill that hasn't been claimed is advantageous to Town, but otherwise a 3P is not good for town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Here is a question: if you were a town daycop, wouldn't you start the day using your day cop to determine if Inf was, in fact, lying about me, to confirm if Tpink also lied?

Fyi the daycop target is random

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tpink posted:

I'm still on p22 catching up but wanted to respond. I did not - Infi told me about that in our mason chat before there was even any heat on him, so I didn't have any reason to disbelieve him.

Wait are you serious here? This is a load of garbage, if that was the case you should have said "well we are both 3p masons and he did say that he did that but by the nature of a 3p wincon I don't know what he's playing at," not confirmed what he said as gospel.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
lmao chaoslord why you visit me lol

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
By the time I got through 400 odd posts there were almost another 200. But you did, in fact, amaze me. This game has turned into the glorious insanity I had hoped for.

I don't like the analogy KB is using to call Bif scum. Revealing yourself as a starting doctor in a different style game is not the same as using abilities that damage scum and town both. People should react differently to them. Also, I can absolutely see town Kash spamming his necro abilities to cause a train wreck.

Note I am not calling Kash's actions pro town. They are not. I am just saying that Kash could very easily be town and still play like this.

fake edit: KB threatening to double down isn't pro town either.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote kash NO yOU shut the ufck up

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote Kash NO yOU shut the ufck up

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Poque posted:

???????????????????????????????????

how is that untrue? how does that follow? if the n0 is a lie then how is quid's alignment confirmation of an unflipped alignment???

I follow.

Tpink confirmed that he was in a masonry with Inf. Either they're both scum or they're a masonry right?

If we flipped Quid then we'd know whether the N0 claim was a lie or not. If he's town, fair enough I was wrong. If he's scum then we can be pretty confident that they're a neutral masonry playing as town. There's the offchance that they're scum making an incredibly audacious play by killing one of their own guys D1, but that isn't something I'd expect to see. Enough that they'd be confirmed in my mind.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey, paging anybody who's got cool protective roles:

I know I look super townie right now but as I mentioned, you can't use the same bard song two days in a row so I got no daycop tomorrow. I recommend looking after Max or Jam or TM instead.

Also if I die soon I don't have to spreadsheet all this poo poo

Uh, didn't we get two Bard day cops in a row from someone? Could have sworn people who gave us info yesterday gave us info today again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

I don't like the analogy KB is using to call Bif scum. Revealing yourself as a starting doctor in a different style game is not the same as using abilities that damage scum and town both.

He also left out the bit where the character he claimed was like "best white mage in the universe" and then he went buying some heavy armor

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

YT, I'll agree with you somewhat. A 3P with no ability to kill that hasn't been claimed is advantageous to Town, but otherwise a 3P is not good for town

Okay fair enough. I disagree with you but that's somethign that happens.

What I want to know is why Hawke gets none of the poo poo I did when he just randomly murdered someone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What I want to know is why Hawke gets none of the poo poo I did when he just randomly murdered someone.

Hawke is an afflicted illiterate

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm still very much catching up (page 24 of 34) but it dawned on me that I should share that I white maged (doc) myself last night and nothing happened to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Cause Jam says he daycopped Hawke as town.

Btw I think it's too risky of a gambit for a scum to try and clear a bro with a bard claim, but juuuust in case we should always remember to check who copped who going forward

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I think it's too risky of a gambit for a scum to try and clear a bro with a bard claim, but juuuust in case we should always remember to check who copped who going forward

Oh fair enough.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

And usually I'd be happy to do that, but I don't think I'm long for this world.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man KB sure clammed up all a sudden, I was expecting slapfight fireworks

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree with KB and I'm super loving frustrated that Kash's yelling about what the case against him is about has worked and that people seem to think that it's about Kash being town but playing in an anti-town way and not him being loving scum and playing in an openly anti-town way and apparently getting away with it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Poque posted:

unconfirmed until flip

Is your hypothesis here that I am scum, infi got copped and came back as non-town, revealed himself as mason, called out for me to support him (which as scum I'd have gently caress-all incentive to do because it looked likely that he was going to get lynched pretty early), and that I then decided to back Infi and lie about being a survivor? Bc that is really loving convoluted.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Man KB sure clammed up all a sudden, I was expecting slapfight fireworks

Don't do this he said he was leaving this is lovely

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tpink posted:

Is your hypothesis here that I am scum, infi got copped and came back as non-town, revealed himself as mason, called out for me to support him (which as scum I'd have gently caress-all incentive to do because it looked likely that he was going to get lynched pretty early), and that I then decided to back Infi and lie about being a survivor? Bc that is really loving convoluted.

no, my hypothesis was that we didn't know if Inf was telling the truth about you both being 3p masons until one of you flipped, where on earth did any of this come from

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can get that frustration even if I disagree Asiina, but I can't help thinking it's also a real easy scum push for today. Would be nice if some people have vig shots left to burn on Kash so we can focus on scumhunting other people today for the full-on lynch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

He was referring to inf, read the post you're quoting at least

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think tpink is scum here. No reasonable person who knows that their counterpart is 3p aligned rolls in to confirm a claim as 100% true when it was in the word rather 3p alone. Furthermore:

CapitalistPig posted:

Infinitum Self-aligned (Survivor/Mason) was lynched on day 1!

self-aligned (Mason/Survivor)

Jobs = Ranger/Ninja/Geomancer/Beastmaster

It's night 1.

Nothing in this flip says they share an alignment. Cpig is self-aligned. Not a survivor, not a survivor-mason, he is self aligned and also a mason. We are taking on their word that they share an alignment, and again, we've been show both have lied in thread.

Go on play to scumhunt, golden rule of mafia.

##vote Tpink

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Daycop was a random target.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Don't do this he said he was leaving this is lovely

"Going to fire my necro power now and leave for awhile. Have fun!" Doesn't exactly sound like the most sincere signoff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
waitin for those stanky farts

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I agree with KB and I'm super loving frustrated that Kash's yelling about what the case against him is about has worked and that people seem to think that it's about Kash being town but playing in an anti-town way and not him being loving scum and playing in an openly anti-town way and apparently getting away with it.

Because I'm arguing from a Town perspective and trying to play the game, not relying solely on my night action.

Quidthulhu posted:

I think tpink is scum here. No reasonable person who knows that their counterpart is 3p aligned rolls in to confirm a claim as 100% true when it was in the word rather 3p alone. Furthermore:

Nothing in this flip says they share an alignment. Cpig is self-aligned. Not a survivor, not a survivor-mason, he is self aligned and also a mason. We are taking on their word that they share an alignment, and again, we've been show both have lied in thread.

##vote Tpink

They're probably self aligned survivor masons (and I take credit for creating this role :smug:)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Tpink

None of this makes any sense to me.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Yorkshire Tea posted:

it wasn't random. You fine I caught taeg as scum yesterday and I gollowed through BOOSH

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I can get that frustration even if I disagree Asiina, but I can't help thinking it's also a real easy scum push for today. Would be nice if some people have vig shots left to burn on Kash so we can focus on scumhunting other people today for the full-on lynch.

If I had a vig I'd use it on him but alas.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

None of this makes any sense to me.

I . . . Agree with Asiina?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Yeah I don't get any of what tpink and Quid are on about in their little world over there

Both of em would make nice berserker punching bags

Remember, Inf could be full of poo poo with his fake n0 claim but still be right by accident about Quid being scum!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Quid is strange, agreee, but tpink still survivor mason

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

it wasn't random. You fine I caught taeg as scum yesterday and I gollowed through BOOSH

I remember Max asking if you were a bard but I don't remember you answering (can't be bothered to look right now cause I gotta drive to work)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Tpink

This is dumb. I rolled in to confirm infi bc I did not want my mason to get lynched D1. I was also traveling most of the day and frankly didn't have time to read everything so instead I just popped in for a quick confirm before infi got dunked. What part of this is hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who goes "gotta do whatever I can to make sure my mason partner doesn't get dunked, even if it means lying!!" and then turns around and says "I have been playing in the towns interest this entire time"

• Locked thread