Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This is the funniest thing ever.

Who is the favorite commish now, jackwagons?

Still Added Space right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

This is the funniest thing ever.

Who is the favorite commish now, jackwagons?

Still Added Space right?

My favorite commish is actually ZeeToo.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Me too.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Why wouldn't you re-run the fight? Jesus. Why are all our commissioners so bad? Are the bribes not large enough?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'll commish for the next tourney, I like this stupid game enough I suppose.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Splode posted:

Why wouldn't you re-run the fight? Jesus. Why are all our commissioners so bad? Are the bribes not large enough?

Eh, the fight was run. No rerunning allowed. Write up some poo poo, mspaint a pic or something maybe. Prob didn't lose pics so could upload them and write some rear end.

It blows losing 30 mins of work, I understand the frustration.

I probably would have done the same because I hate all of you.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That was the best writeup, BUT...he's gonna have to re-run it anyhow because that was our first loss :smug:

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yes, since the Kool-Aid Men haven't lost yet, Strength++ would need to defeat them twice to win the tournament.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 25, 2017

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

this is underwhelming

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No you are

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
When I redo the double-elimination logic, I think I'll award points to both teams whenever there is a rematch like this, since it would make things more interesting.

As things stand, there's a good chance we'll get the same result. Strength++ winning I mean, not a one-line writeup.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dibs on one line writeup on monday.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

When I redo the double-elimination logic, I think I'll award points to both teams whenever there is a rematch like this, since it would make things more interesting.

As things stand, there's a good chance we'll get the same result. Strength++ winning I mean, not a one-line writeup.

come onnnnnnnnn martial traaaaaaaance

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

jon joe posted:

My favorite commish is actually ZeeToo.

:same:

Also, Spermy, here are two mods for M&B that are just the greatest.

Brytenwalda for Warband and 1866 for Original.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=189.0

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,150.0.html

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
What on earth was cheap&chippy doing to Hoofvs?

quote:

Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the third finger, right hand with his iron battle axe!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the lower right back teeth with his left lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s left lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s lower right back teeth.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the right lower arm with his right upper arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right upper arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s right lower arm.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the right lower arm with his iron battle axe!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the right upper arm with his iron battle axe!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the upper body with his right upper arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right upper arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s upper body.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the second toe, right foot with his iron battle axe!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the thumb, right hand with his left lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s left lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s thumb, right hand.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the left lower arm with his right lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s left lower arm.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the right lower leg with his right upper arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right upper arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s right lower leg.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the first toe, left foot with his left lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s left lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s first toe, left foot.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the right horn with his right lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s right horn.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the large iron left gauntlet with his iron battle axe!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the lower front teeth with his left lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s left lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s lower front teeth.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the lower front teeth with his right lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s lower front teeth.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++): I have improved my wrestling. That was very satisfying!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the large iron high boot with his left upper arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s left upper arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s large iron high boot.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) grabs Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool) by the lower right back teeth with his right lower arm!
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++) releases the grip of Cheap and Chippy Chopper (++)'s right lower arm on Hoofvs McKenzie (Kool)'s lower right back teeth.

Also, armor damage proved to be important as Landsknechtaur slowly but inevitably stabbed his way through the molemarian's armor.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Here's my summation of what happened going via the combat log

Hoofvs smashes big guy in the head with a platinum maul, but since the yeti is huge, nothing actually happens Chippy then hits Hoofs in the hand, and injures his hand enough via force of impact to make him drop his hammer. People get smacked around a lot but armor keeps much from happening. Lands stabs Dig Dug in the leg and hurts him a bit via force of impact, which enrages Dig, whom later hits Lands hard enough in the leg to hurt twist the minotaur's ankle, grounding him. Brutalist tries hitting Big Guy, but Brutal's steel axe can't get through the yeti's armor enough to hurt him enough. Land's copper pike doesn't have a problem punching through Dig Dug's iron boot and hitting with enough force to shred Dig's lower spine's nerves. Big Guy, meanwhile, ignores Brutal for a bit, and instead stabs at Hoofvs' armored head, doing a bit of nerve damage. Hoofvs ignores Big Guy to try to hit at Cheap, and manages to pull off an impressive display in catching Cheap's left hand with his Right Upper Arm (???), then performs a wrist lock (?????), and then stabs Cheap in the face with his horn (!!!!), but fails to do any real damage.

Status thus far is Hoofvs losing his weapon, Lands and Dig being floored, and, uh, I think thats it in terms of real significant damage. Lands and Dig are fighting each other, but the rest is a bit of daisy chain of hatred, with Big Guy hitting Hoofvs, Hoofvs trying to gore Cheap's head off, Cheap also swinging at Hoofvs, and Brutalist flailing at the abominable metal clad yeti. Hoofvs also becomes enraged at some point.

Hoofvs breaks Cheap's wrist, but Cheap has another axe, which is slaps at Hoofvs with to absolutely no effect. Hoofvs floors Cheap, but he just stands back up, and everyone just resumes playing the metal drums against each other. Lands fracture's Dig's arm with a pike stab, disarming the mole. Kool Aid now has two disarmed fighters against three still very nominally dangerous fighters, so, lol. Lands then goes to town on Dig, breaking bones with his pike stabs, and also putting out Dig's left eye. He then mercifully smashes through his iron helm, his skull, and his brain, making Dig the first death.

Big Guy slashes Hoofvs, somehow missing Hoofvs' helm entirely and instead blasting through his cheek. lodging it in there, somehow. Then he scratches out his teeth. Chippy chips in by wrenching his left elbow out of place. Big Guy then suddenly gets annoyed enough at the sounds of Brutal's axe bouncing off his armor to turn around and stab him in the face, and despite lacking the penetrating power of a cow with a long copper stick, he hits hard enough to paralyze the dwarf. Since that was the last Kool fighter with a weapon, that's probably the point where there's no chance of turnarounds.

Brutalist Architect (Kool): How fragile we are... Begone fear!

Aaaand after that, there's a whole lot of continued bonging noises as blows continue to mostly bounce off, or just turn joints to jelly. The two remaining Kool fighters pass out form exhaustion, Strength++ is collectivly too stupid to pull off helmets because they're idiot show offy jerks,. Cheap tries bending Hoofvs in funny ways but hoverhands instead, Big Guy bonks people in the head wondering where all the funny ringing noises are coming from, and eventually Lands crawls over and stabs people to death.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 25, 2017

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Sorry about that. The thing to know about this match is that everyone had full armor, so the minotaur with the spears was the only one able to land a tangible hit.

Match highlights -

The minotaurs both charge into the enemy team.

Cheap Chopper disarms Hoofvs and removes any hope the Kool-Aid Men had.

Strength++ uses their superior size to keep their enemies off balance.

Now I thought pikes could only de-limb small creatures. A pike has the quantum ability of being narrow enough to punch effortlessly through armor while being wide enough to sever limbs.

Big Guy gets in a decent blow. Hoofvs has already been disarmed and racked up a bunch of disabling joint injuries, so from this point on it's a race to murder town.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Fun trivia: only three things hurt Big Guy through his new armor. A platinum maul bruised him, a steel axe got through his gauntlets and cut his hand's fat, and a blow to the upper arm twisted the shoulder (which just... moved his shoulder I guess. No damage at all).

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
where's my blood, I wanna watch my minotaur flail ineffectually after dropping his hammer again

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I thought about this fight around noon. Then I did 3 months worth of invoicing instead.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Galick posted:

where's my blood, I wanna watch my minotaur flail ineffectually after dropping his hammer again

Once again, locked.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Unlocked. Oops

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

"If I'm too lazy to run this thing, nobody gets to run this thing!"
-Spermy Smurf, 2017

A commissioner so bad he forces other commissioners to be bad

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Last year around this time I started Neverwinter Nights and a bunch of other modules and neglected a tournament.

Now it's Mount and Blade. Warband isnt even installed yet, and I'm still neglecting a tournament.

I'd say I will try to do better next time but ugh... Last tournament was roughly 40hrs of running fights. I could start and finish a new game of Mount and Blade in that time.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You're probably not even very good at M&B and I bet your favorite NWN character was a bard

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I bet that your favorite NWN2 character was not a bard.

Which, tbh, is a pretty easy bet for me to win with just about anyone.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Last year around this time I started Neverwinter Nights and a bunch of other modules and neglected a tournament.

Now it's Mount and Blade. Warband isnt even installed yet, and I'm still neglecting a tournament.

I'd say I will try to do better next time but ugh... Last tournament was roughly 40hrs of running fights. I could start and finish a new game of Mount and Blade in that time.

Well, at least you can't disappoint me any more than santa already has

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 7, Fight 1 :siren:

The Kool-Aid Men is on the left side of the arena.
Hoofvs McKenzie (Galick) is a male minotaur. He wields a platinum maul and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Brutalist Architect (Ramc) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron battleaxe and a steel battleaxe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Dig Dug (Bad Munki) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper pick and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

Strength++ is on the right side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears an iron helm, a bronze mail shirt, an iron breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields two iron battleaxes and wears an iron helm, three iron mail shirts, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a steel cap, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Strength++ is a 3.92 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 23641.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 6032.00 dwarfbucks for The Kool-Aid Men.

Doesn't look like either side has made any changes, so we're playing another game of minotaur tag. Let's see how it goes!

Cheap Chopper enters the first martial trance of the tournament before combat even starts!

Landsknechtaur is not wasting time and quickly paralyzes Dig Dug.

And there goes the maul once again, taken out of Hoofvs' hand in two shots.

Big Guy can't tell dwarves apart and smacks into Cheap Chopper. Racist.

And another hand lost. You're not in a time warp, folks.

Cheap Chopper completely dominates Brutalist Architect who can't land a hit on him.

How does that spear taste, moleman?

At this point there's nothing left but the stacatto hammering on armor and seeing if anyone can get a kill in before Landsknechtaur finishes everyone.

And the answer is no. Only Big Guy has a few scratches.

:siren:Strength++ has won the tournament! The Kool-Aid Men secure second place!

Kills:

Landsknechtaur – 3

Combat Log

Congratulations to bet leader grobbendonk and all 8 betters with a net positive of dwarfbucks.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Big hand to my dad showing that minotaurs still hurt things.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cheers for the victors!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Also another big hand to Added Spaces for winning a tournament that he also debuted as a commissioner in.

Wait a second...

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
:smith: Still the best I've ever done at least!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Some statistics, not including the last fight since it was a repeat:

code:
a appearances k kills d deaths

Troll a 18 k 12 d 10

Gremlin a 10 k 2 d 8

Dark Gnome a 7 k 1 d 6

Antwoman a 4 k 3 d 2

Strangler a 4 k 1 d 3

Human a 6 k 3 d 4

Minotaur a 13 k 14 d 6

Dwarf a 10 k 6 d 4

Molemarian a 4 k 3 d 3

Elf a 2 k 2 d 2

Yeti a 6 k 2 d 3

XXXXX

Unarmed a 10 k 3

Dagger a 6 k 2

Lash a 14 k 4

Pike a 21 k 25

Maul a 6 k 3

Axe a 13 k 6

Pick a 4 k 3

Sword a 8 k 3

14 gladiators were killed by blows to the head
7 gladiators bled out due to internal injuries
13 gladiators bled out due to lost limbs
14 gladiators received coup-de-grace while unconscious
2 gladiators had half their torsos crushed

Best performing race: Minotaur
Worst performing race: Dark Gnome

Best performing weapon: Pike
Worst performing weapon: Lash

Added Space fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 28, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Worst performing weapon: Lash

lol

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
It's a narrow loss. Lashes had a kill to appearance ratio of .29, compared to .30 for being unarmed and .33 for daggers.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I might have been wrong about pikes being bad now, but I think they're primarily being carried by the existence of a Minotaur.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More blood more blood!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Added Space posted:

It's a narrow loss. Lashes had a kill to appearance ratio of .29, compared to .30 for being unarmed and .33 for daggers.

You had a team of tiny lashers dragging the average down: Two medium lashers finished in 4th place.

Has anyone tried a big guy lasher?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Fun trivia: Landsknechtaur did all our team's killing in the past 4 games. There is only one game in which he didn't score a kill. His kill total is 15.

edit: To put this in perspective, he killed more dudes than any of the other teams.

my dad fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 28, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jon joe posted:

I might have been wrong about pikes being bad now, but I think they're primarily being carried by the existence of a Minotaur.

Keep in mind that my pacifist observer had a pike too, and never used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I meant a martial trance for the underdogs, game.