Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yup. XJ600, or Seca II. The red one is mine, the silver one is my buddy's. He calls it a scrambler, even had some pretty cool decals made for it. Solo seat, fabbed a new tail section and rack for it. He painted the tank and all the plastics on mine years back for another Seca of his they used to be on. Sold me them and the wheels when I rebuilt mine and went naked with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

ilkhan posted:

Keyless ignition seems so much more useful on a bike than a car, and I love it in my car.

I have keyless ignition for my bike, it's great. You just pull the lever out, kick it down...

I also have an expensive lock/chain and anxiety.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Went for a ride yesterday morning before it got too hot.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Me and my friend I sold my CBR to were the only people at work today.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

pokie posted:

Are these different versions of the same bike? I like the red wheels.

A better comparison pic.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Nerdrock posted:

Me and my friend I sold my CBR to were the only people at work today.

God I love fat 90s sport tourers. So swank. Is that an air cell seat?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

God I love fat 90s sport tourers. So swank. Is that an air cell seat?

Nah it's just one of those Mad Dog seat covers you get for like $20 on Amazon. New owner is a big dude so he wound up putting a raised handlebar kit, lowered pegs, saddlebags, and the aforementioned pad on the seat.

Today's project for me is to install my new Seat Concepts kit on the TW200.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

WELP

Anyone in VA wanna buy a DRZ-400sm? :v:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The updated 09 looks really good with that new fender

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

The updated 09 looks really good with that new fender

It really does. Maybe manufacturers are finally listening.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The fender is part of the reason I went for the 17 model over the 15. Also the fact that the dealer wouldnt budge below $9,000 on the '15 when the dealer an hour south got me OTD for 9 on the '17.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There's a lot of reasons to go with the 17 over the 15. TCS, ABS, better front suspension.....and I guess a new fender.

stealth edit: also a flatter seat!!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I keep telling myself I don't need an XSR900 or the FZ-09, but there's no way I'm making it past next summer without one in the garage

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

This is the most amazing motorcycle I have ever ridden. Pretty much almost the speed of a super sport with the handling of a dirt bike. Theres almost no vibrations to the handlebar, the mirrors offer great visibility, the dash is really neat, the seat is actually way comfier than I thought it was. This thing whoolies all the time in A mode, which has no business being a mode selectable on the street :v:. Seriously A mode feels like a rocketship. The TCS and ABS are really neat, I pinned the throttle in A mode with TCS on mode 2 and it didn't let the front wheel come off the ground, which is amazing considering the performance of A mode. I slammed on the back brake a few times testing it out in a parking lot and I could feel the pulsing, but no lock ups. I imagine the front would do the same but I really don't wanna grab a fist full of front out of nowhere. I can't believe you can get this amount of motorcycle for 9 grand.

If this was the last bike I ever owned, I wouldn't be upset.

edit: the exhaust sounds like a jetsons car when idling :v:

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 6, 2017

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
congrats - I'm picking mine up today or tomorrow, can't wait.

I think my only complaint really is the centered FZ-07 dash is better, but that's just preference I guess.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
That loving headlight, though.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

mad.radhu posted:

congrats - I'm picking mine up today or tomorrow, can't wait.

I think my only complaint really is the centered FZ-07 dash is better, but that's just preference I guess.

I bought an ebay bracket to center the dash a little bit more, and I like it quite a bit.

Congrats, "FAT CURES MUSCLES," welcome to the 847 club.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Yamaha really killed it with the FZ line. They are all wonderful bikes

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Congrats! That FZ looks really good in that red, and with the painted red side "intakes". The off center dash is one of the best parts of the FZ, though, so you are all crazy for wanting to change it.

The FZ09 is the only bike that well and truly scares the poo poo out of me every time I ride it, so I'll never be part of the FZ09 party. :(

Jazzzzz posted:

I keep telling myself I don't need an XSR900 or the FZ-09, but there's no way I'm making it past next summer without one in the garage

Knowing you, I can honestly say that the FZ09 is the perfect bike for you. I'm actually surprised you didn't go for that instead of the ducati, even though it needs a bit of farkling to be long distance 2up capable.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 6, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Coydog posted:

The FZ09 is the only bike that well and truly scares the poo poo out of me every time I ride it, so I'll never be part of the FZ09 party. :(

:(

I feel so much more comfortable on the FZ than I ever did on my SV650s. Maybe riding position, but I really feel like I'm so much more maneuverable on the FZ-09 and it just feels much more compliant.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If you do any serious riding or touring you might want to look elsewhere unless you wanna dump a bunch of money into the bike.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheFonz posted:

:(

I feel so much more comfortable on the FZ than I ever did on my SV650s. Maybe riding position, but I really feel like I'm so much more maneuverable on the FZ-09 and it just feels much more compliant.

See, I hear of people describing it easy to handle, and "locked in on corners" and such, but I just haven't experienced it in hours in the saddle. It feels top heavy, and completely unweildy, and terrifying in corners. My SV felt better, but obviously it's subjective. Maybe I'm just super used to supermotos at this point? All my sumos take no effort to corner and feel comfortably stable.

Also, the rapid slam of torque, and great brakes, makes me a bit motion sick and worn out after 30 minutes because I'm a delicate flower.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Coydog posted:

See, I hear of people describing it easy to handle, and "locked in on corners" and such, but I just haven't experienced it in hours in the saddle. It feels top heavy, and completely unweildy, and terrifying in corners. My SV felt better, but obviously it's subjective. Maybe I'm just super used to supermotos at this point? All my sumos take no effort to corner and feel comfortably stable.

Also, the rapid slam of torque, and great brakes, makes me a bit motion sick and worn out after 30 minutes because I'm a delicate flower.

Oh, I find nothing stable about it in corners. I actually get a LOT of tail squirm if I'm hamfisted with my riding, but it's constant and predictable. I think really I would not love it so much if I have a naked SV as opposed to the S. I'm just so much more upright and feeling like I can muscle the bike wherever I want.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Buhbuhj posted:

If you do any serious riding or touring you might want to look elsewhere unless you wanna dump a bunch of money into the bike.

Nah, I wouldn't be doing any touring on it. It would be a bike for solo rides when I don't need to carry anything with me. If I wanted to tour I'd be looking at the FJ-09 - but I already have that itch scratched thanks to the Multistrada.

What I do not have is a small, lightweight bike with that awesome triple.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Coydog posted:

I'm presuming this wasn't the new FZ with the improved suspension.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Coydog posted:

The controls are analog devices you know

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Here4DaGangBang posted:

That loving headlight, though.

Trying to outdo the StreetTriple and took it too far.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Two days and the Akra header is already starting to blue in.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Recent posts ITT make me yearn for an F4i fender delete that doesn't suck.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I kinda like the look of the transformer headlights on the FZ's. The FZ-10 reminds me of megatron :v:.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
zooooom

I was still kinda sad to see the 07 ride away, I think the 09 will help me get over my sorrow though.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
The Way of the Squid

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
You have a permit for those guns? ;-*

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

You have a permit for those guns? ;-*

If you can't deadlift your bike's weight you shouldn't be riding it imo.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

High Protein posted:

If you can't deadlift your bike's weight you shouldn't be riding it imo.

Heck, ya! New bike for me!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

mad.radhu posted:

I was still kinda sad to see the 07 ride away, I think the 09 will help me get over my sorrow though.

Noice! This is quickly becoming the new SV650.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Jealous. This was the only bike I rode that made me want to immediately trade in my FZ-09.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I want one of these pretty badly, but I am so very reticent to get rid of my perfect Tuono V4R. Hrnngngnnnn

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I want one of these pretty badly, but I am so very reticent to get rid of my perfect Tuono V4R. Hrnngngnnnn

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
It's such a good biek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I try to be a responsible person most days, and in this case the responsible thing is choosing between a 999cc naked Italian V4 or a 939cc Italian motard thing.