Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
There is some higher-res stuff out now:
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/885152631231987714

http://imgur.com/r/Falcom/fvx0d
(Alisa seems to have a spine problem in one of these..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I keep marvelling at the fact that all of these characters and their outfits look like they belong in the same world, whereas Tales of characters always look like they're designed in a vacuum.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

note that Gaius is most definitely wearing a gralsritter coat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coughing Hobo posted:

I keep marvelling at the fact that all of these characters and their outfits look like they belong in the same world, whereas Tales of characters always look like they're designed in a vacuum.
I mean to be fair, tales characters kind of are designed in a vacuum as of late. That's what happens when you have like 4 different character designers, then two more guys to design all the generos.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

note that Gaius is most definitely wearing a gralsritter coat

This is technically true, I suppose, but it's basically just a sleeved coat + tails version of his CS2 outfit.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Have the graphics options been built into the in-game menus, or will there be a separate configuration launcher?

I'm also curious as to how saving will work. Since the PS3 and Vita version accessed each system's built-in save systems, I assume a new save menu/system had to be developed from scratch. If it's at all like Trails in the Sky's save system, complete with auto-saves, then that would be cool.

quote:

There's a separate launcher, though it's far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date.

...Seriously, I love this launcher. It's a work of art all its own. ;)

As for saving, there's no auto-saving, but you can save at any time via the menu, and there are a grand total of 400 save slots laid out in a grid pattern of mini-screenshots. These save-games automatically populate to/from the Steam cloud after closing the game, too, so I've been able to QA all day at work, then pick up right where I left off from home without the slightest trouble.

-Tom

quote:

quote:

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected that since Steam says it has full controller compatibility. That also includes launchers, so I assume this means you can use a controller in the launcher and start the game from there.
Hmm. I haven't tried using a controller in the launcher, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can! There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher. I'm probably over-selling it, but man... that launcher is just a monument to good coding and design. You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING, and it gives you clear, concise explanations of exactly what every single tweakable feature does, what the recommended setting is for that feature, and even shows a little animated gif next to it that compares and contrasts what each of the settings look like in-game so you can see right away exactly what kind of effect your tweaks will have.

-Tom

Gettin' hype for the Cold Steel launcher.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PS saves probably won't work on the Steam versions, right?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Neat. The console version of Cold Steel "only" had 90 saveslots. Which was just short of what's needed if you're trying to create a save before each boss fight and at the start of each timeblock.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Whoops, I'm just going to let my eyes slide right past those tidbits for Cold Steel 3 without seeing them.

Erpy posted:

Neat. The console version of Cold Steel "only" had 90 saveslots. Which was just short of what's needed if you're trying to create a save before each boss fight and at the start of each timeblock.

Sweet, since that's my standard M.O. But first I want to finish my max BP playthrough of Sky SC and then play Sky the Third. Yes, I know there's probably no carry-over to 3rd and that 3rd has no "Priest Points" to miss.

In Sky SC, where are "Bacon", "Eggs", and "Golden Toast"? I've talked to the birds at Erbe Royal Villa, in front of Grancel Cathedral, and in Rolent, but I don't seem to have found them all. EDIT: Okay, I know what to do now.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 13, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yes, I know there's probably no carry-over to 3rd and that 3rd has no "Priest Points" to miss.

There's a tiny carryover, but it's pretty useful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

In Sky SC, where are "Bacon", "Eggs", and "Golden Toast"? I've talked to the birds at Erbe Royal Villa, in front of Grancel Cathedral, and in Rolent, but I don't seem to have found them all.
I think I gave that one a cursory google search but in the end isn't it just for an achievement?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
If you import into 3rd with Bracer rank B or above, you get a free Gladiator Headband at the start of Chapter 1. If it's rank A, you get the headband plus a free Gladiator Belt as a bonus. It's not nearly as insane as it'd be in SC because CP is easier to come by in 3rd, but it's still pretty useful.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Nate RFB posted:

I think I gave that one a cursory google search but in the end isn't it just for an achievement?

Yes, but I figured what the hell, it does not seem like it will be a pain to get. And it seems that I am still on track for that one. Good.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 13, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just took another look at the CS3 scan and I realized that Emma's new outfit is basically Misty's CS outfit.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
It's the same hat, but other than that they don't seem THAT similar.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Rean, Jusis and Gaius all look baller AF. I love Emma's new outfit too. It is totally reminiscent of Misty.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Gaius continues to make me question my sexuality.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
XSeed stream just announced Ys7 for PC.

Edit: "Summer"?

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 15, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hmm, an original port of a psp game huh...

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Cake Attack posted:

:thunk:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

summer all around

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Maybe just maybe. But yeah it's not the old Chinese PC port.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

lmao

Love ya Xseed, keep on trucking.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm planning on finishing Cold Steel on Steam because I've kind of hosed myself with maybe one of the last bosses and no way to change the party without doing CS2 all over again. If I'm doing it that way, I'd rather just power through a fresh PC run.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 15, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
That's excellent news. I own Ys VII on PSP, but I'm not overly fond of playing on console, so I never got very far into it. That'll certainly change when it's released. And yeah, suddenly the biggest argument against Crossbell being an impossibility to release due to them being PSP games with only shoddy Chinese PC ports became a non-issue just like that. Smooth of them to announce it before the release of Cold Steel's PC port.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If they're porting Zero/Azure I hope it's like Felghana where they just give us a choice between the original OST and the Evolution version. And I think I remember hearing that TiTS Evo got voice acting, but does XSeed have the money for that if those are the versions they're (hypothetically) porting?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Felghana has no Evo version. Only the Trails games do. And the Evo versions, due to being a licensing clusterfuck involving 3 or 4 different parties, won't be brought over...like...ever. So any part of the Evo versions will be off the table too.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Last Celebration posted:

If they're porting Zero/Azure I hope it's like Felghana where they just give us a choice between the original OST and the Evolution version. And I think I remember hearing that TiTS Evo got voice acting, but does XSeed have the money for that if those are the versions they're (hypothetically) porting?

Its almost completely impossible due to the voice acting being done by a company that will charge out the rear end for all licensing fees. Its out of Falcom's hands sadly.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
On top of what's already been said, though I can't say I've compared the Zero/Azure original and Evo OSTs, the Evo versions of FC/SC's OSTs were almost entirely worse than the originals. What you may be thinking of is some remixed songs/soundtracks (like this) which Falcom made themselves.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
considering nayuta no kiseki runs on the same engine as ys seven, if xseed announces a pc port and official localization of nayuta no kiseki well, i'll die happy

i hope zwei 2 makes so much money that that ends up being something they could ever consider, through some miracle

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm kinda bad a reading comprehension / instructions. I'm at the start of TitS the 3d, and wondering what's the simplest way to get an area of effect mirage spell, for the purpose of skeleton nuking. What quartzes do I need to synth, and how should I equip them?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The only AoE Mirage attack is Silver Thorn, and by the time you get it skeletons will no longer be an issue. Just Ascension the gently caress out of them.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 15, 2017

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Erpy posted:

Felghana has no Evo version. Only the Trails games do. And the Evo versions, due to being a licensing clusterfuck involving 3 or 4 different parties, won't be brought over...like...ever. So any part of the Evo versions will be off the table too.

I know that, but I'm pretty certain that the PSP version at least lets you swap between the Oath OST and two versions of Ys 3. But yeah, guess I don't have to worry about the mostly inferior OSTs dragging the game down.

MythosDragon posted:

Its almost completely impossible due to the voice acting being done by a company that will charge out the rear end for all licensing fees. Its out of Falcom's hands sadly.

TBH I could hardly care about dual audio or whatever, but I know that Oath PC never got the dub because it wasn't possible to implement, so I'm wondering if they'd be porting the version with voice acting and dubbing that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
someone actually made a neat mod for felghana pc that implements the dub, i think there are some lines that don't play but it works for all of the important lines, which is all of dogi's

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Edit: nevermind, I'm a dumbass

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ares Pots seem a bit like shining pom equivalents. What's the best way to kill them?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Xander77 posted:

Ares Pots seem a bit like shining pom equivalents. What's the best way to kill them?

Yeah, I believe they give like 70 of each of the four lower element sepith. They're extremely speedy and either flee the battle or cast a stat-lowering murderbeam at you. I think you deal with them by S-crafting and hoping for the best. Which is initially tough when Ries starts out without an S-craft and Kevin's is a support skill. You might be able to bump it off once you have four people, two S-crafts that do damage and access to strength buffs. With the pool in the garden regeneration its CP-healing spot every 5 battles or so, you at least can afford to be less conservative with your S-crafts.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Celceta seems like a no brainer after they get ys 7 and the two cold steels on pc.

It's insane that we are about to have basically the entire modern falcom oeuvre playable on pc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Xseeding all xpectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
It might be premature to hope for Crossbell on PC since it's a totally different engine than the one Ys Seven uses, but things do look good for a Celceta port, not to mention the potential for ports of games like Nayuta no Kiseki or Brandish TDR.