Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Incessant Excess posted:

I watched the OSW Review of Halloween Havoc 95 and thought it was pretty entertaining, any episodes in particular people would recommend to check out?

I think the early episodes are pretty rough (There's a fourth member who's there for two episodes, then it becomes a two-man show for another few). I can't remember what one it is, but it comes after they do a review of the Piledriver VHS tape. They settle into a great groove after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

I watched the OSW Review of Halloween Havoc 95 and thought it was pretty entertaining, any episodes in particular people would recommend to check out?

Summer Slam '89 is where I think OSW really clicked. They bought better sounds recording equipment and they settled on a good format. They're really strong until after the WrestleMania 9 episode. I would personally skip the ECW episodes and the recent TNA episodes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ChineseConnection posted:

Summer Slam '89 is where I think OSW really clicked. They bought better sounds recording equipment and they settled on a good format. They're really strong until after the WrestleMania 9 episode. I would personally skip the ECW episodes and the recent TNA episodes.
What was wrong with the ECW/TNA episodes? I've enjoyed them

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I feel like OSW peaked with the intro's to the Beefcake saga.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RealFoxy posted:

What was wrong with the ECW/TNA episodes? I've enjoyed them

The TNA episodes are good, but I don't think they take ECW in its original context, which you have to now

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Martin from The Mark Remark just put out a big ol' breakdown of the whole Roman Reigns situation. It's nothing that hasn't been said by a hundred other people, but its a good recap of how exactly we got here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rttAxsI4ImY

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

MassRafTer posted:

I care because none of Art's comebacks lasted long enough for me to get a new NYE predictions special :(

At least he did dark matter long enough for one last halloween ghost show :)

and he pops up on midnight in the desert sometimes, so we might get more whenever people stop shooting at his house

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/891965530260856832

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
This is going to be a depressing listen, isn't it?

...downloading now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, I've been a little behind on Observer Live but is there seriously gonna be a WWE team of Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven at King of Trios? :stare:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that trio works together constantly in the uk and king of trios is in the uk this year so its only nominally a special occasion. if the fed let them use them in the states then it would be more significant

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The UK belt is gonna end up like the WWF Light heavyweight belt in the 80's did. WWE will forget it until it appears on a New Japan show as part of some 8 belt massive championship

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The UK belt is gonna end up like the WWF Light heavyweight belt in the 80's did. WWE will forget it until it appears on a New Japan show as part of some 8 belt massive championship

Or the women's tag titles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

that trio works together constantly in the uk and king of trios is in the uk this year so its only nominally a special occasion. if the fed let them use them in the states then it would be more significant

I don't even think it'd be significant then. They are on a $20,000/year deal so any semi major group in the UK can't use them, but I don't think they are barred from working CHIKARA.

Let's put it this way, if they are getting that little money and can't even work CHIKARA in the US, WWE is more evil than even I give them credit for.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have any of the uk guys worked us dates with promotions besides progress or evolve?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only guy been back to pwg is haskins

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Those UK deals seem worse over time but can't have Bate or Dunne work for Rev Pro or New Japan (God I want Dunne vs Suzuki, Elgin, or Okada)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those UK deals seem worse over time but can't have Bate or Dunne work for Rev Pro or New Japan (God I want Dunne vs Suzuki, Elgin, or Okada)

Dunne/KUSHIDA would be my pick, that would be loving lit

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dunne would try to look hard until the chorus of "Kaze Ni Nare" at which point he would realize what he got himself into and then he would cry like the teenager that he is.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/892206197700521988

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/892206722147897345

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dunne should join Suzuki-gun

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:same:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was about to say I only listen to three and THAT is too much, but then I remembered that a lot of the Observer's stuff counts as podcasts too and goddamn do I listen to a lot of that too.

So yes, there are too many wrestling podcasts.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's too many podcasts period. And none of them seem to want to keep to anything lower than two hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's too many podcasts period. And none of them seem to want to keep to anything lower than two hours.

One thing I do really agree with Bryan Alvarez on is that the longest a podcast should ever run is 90 minutes. 45-60 even better!

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Very true. Maybe the belt itself will end up on eBay, collection only.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
3 hour podcasts or don't bother.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hope you guys are excited for my podcast!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Karl Stern never managed to make their schedules work and didn't get his July Marathon interview with Meltzer. Plus he had throat surgery towards the end of the month. :smith:

This year's marathon just didn't work for me unfortunately, it's a shame because I was looking forward to it for a long time while he was going through his long form history, but the whole thing felt like he was just desperately pulling together whatever content he could to get in the daily updates :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Karl Stern never managed to make their schedules work and didn't get his July Marathon interview with Meltzer. Plus he had throat surgery towards the end of the month. :smith:

This year's marathon just didn't work for me unfortunately, it's a shame because I was looking forward to it for a long time while he was going through his long form history, but the whole thing felt like he was just desperately pulling together whatever content he could to get in the daily updates :(

I'm glad it is August so we can get back to the Long Form History of Pro Wrestling.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I love how Dave casually slips in that he was talking old Hogan matches with a guy at the post office

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I like how neither Dave or Bryan remember that WWE already made Finn come out in the demon paint on Raw last year before Summerslam.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'm way behind on Between the Sheets, but Bix arguing about whether Michael Hayes was 39 or 40 because of a throwaway commentary line from JR on the '99 episode from late May made me want to just keel over right then and there, lordy.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

ICHIBAHN posted:

3 hour podcasts or don't bother.

Couldn't agree more. I'll listen to it in chunks if I have to.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MassRafTer posted:

Hope you guys are excited for my podcast!

I am always excited for very important podcasts.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Listen to Cum Town

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
People complaining about 3 hour podcasts should check out Hardcore History.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Andy Dufresne posted:

People complaining about 3 hour podcasts should check out Hardcore History.

Only if you want to wait 7 months plus for new episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

remusclaw posted:

Only if you want to wait 7 months plus for new episodes.

It takes a long time to put out well researched 8 hour episodes

• Locked thread