Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Someone dayvig pera please.

Pew Pew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

gif Probst posted:

not interacting, not shitposting, doing setup spec feels like breadcrumbing to me for late game "hey i tried to figure things out early this is town"

Just confirming, if I shitpost I'm not scummy correct? I don't have any other skills

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

MODS

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mayor Glowku posted:

Just confirming, if I shitpost I'm not scummy correct? I don't have any other skills

you are pure and innocent and nobody should ever lay harm to you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gif Probst posted:

not interacting, not shitposting, doing setup spec feels like breadcrumbing to me for late game "hey i tried to figure things out early this is town"

Don't see it.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Max posted:

The scummiest of emotes.

That's definitely :sterv:

gif Probst posted:

I kiiiind of agree with this? Setup spec is good, but hats stuff is about a N0 flip that is just a flip. His response to was a bit awk too and twinged the gut.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Eight Dollars posted:

That's definitely :sterv:

I kiiiind of agree with this? Setup spec is good, but hats stuff is about a N0 flip that is just a flip. His response to was a bit awk too and twinged the gut.

I mean, I've got other stuff feeding into the setup spec, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to blare it all out immediately before I've seen anything else.

Also, reading shitposting or the lack thereof as an alignment tell seems pretty dumb to me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, I've got other stuff feeding into the setup spec, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to blare it all out immediately before I've seen anything else.

Also, reading shitposting or the lack thereof as an alignment tell seems pretty dumb to me.

Especially on D1. I definitely like Pod's encouragement not to shitpost excessively, but some of this is just the unavoidable nature of the game starting up.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

gif Probst posted:

you are pure and innocent and nobody should ever lay harm to you

Printing this post out and putting it on my fridge, making a bumper sticker out of it, getting it tattooed etc.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT. ROLLING_START.TIFF

https://youtu.be/Zrtl41oZxOA

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

Especially on D1. I definitely like Pod's encouragement not to shitpost excessively, but some of this is just the unavoidable nature of the game starting up.

My last game I think I claimed I wouldn't read anything on day 1 and got lynched because of it. There's never any real content on day 1, that is actually useful on day 1. Not on this dead gay forum anyway

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

The Lord of Hats posted:

That's fine, and the lack of shitposting is the least important thing imo, but you've only really discussed that setup spec sort of isolated from everything that's been going on. Do you have any thoughts about anybody else so far?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

can I interest you in a mining permit for 10k ISK sir

unban erotica 1

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

My last game I think I claimed I wouldn't read anything on day 1 and got lynched because of it. There's never any real content on day 1, that is actually useful on day 1. Not on this dead gay forum anyway

lol I think I was one of the people getting mad at you about that actually.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Right, I desperately need some sleep, so I'm off to bed. G'night all

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Right, I desperately need some sleep, so I'm off to bed. G'night all

you're avatar is terrible and is the reason you have three votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is having the N0 flip be scum a thing that happens? I mean, I know I'm getting all setup-spec-y right out of the starting gates here, but having a Godfather as the first flip seems to imply another faction that has a kill, whether it's SK or another scum faction. Or a vigilante who's feeling especially murderous, I guess?

I think if Hats is town they'd find plot-NPC Ecco's death a lot more easily understandable.

##vote Hats

this is a serious vote, jokephase is over you're welcome

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Eight Dollars posted:

That's fine, and the lack of shitposting is the least important thing imo, but you've only really discussed that setup spec sort of isolated from everything that's been going on. Do you have any thoughts about anybody else so far?

I think that Quid going "Hey guys, let me tell you my meta" is bad, but not something I want to leap to a lynch over.

I don't like Jeabus dodging the question about the N0 thing, and then when someone asks about that dodge he complains about being singled out. After that we get radio silence before he decides to announce "Alright, going to sleep now". Which, I mean, that last bit isn't inherently scummy, it just kind of stood out to me given what I'm already seeing.

I'm vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, but I'm pretty sure that I'm *always* vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, regardless of what he's doing, so I'm not giving that a lot of credence right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oof.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

lol I think I was one of the people getting mad at you about that actually.

Pretty sure I was drunk. I had a couple week bender.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

How is me asking for you to explain your vague post doing either of those things?

Murmur Twin posted:

[...]making an alignment call on Quid this early in the game.[...]

Asiina posted:

Are you calling Quid scummy?

I mean admittedly I read your question more literally and less like "explain what you're saying".

I was more teasing Quid for lurking through his last few games than I was calling him scummy. We were knee-deep in jokephase so I figured that was clear?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think that Quid going "Hey guys, let me tell you my meta" is bad, but not something I want to leap to a lynch over.

I don't like Jeabus dodging the question about the N0 thing, and then when someone asks about that dodge he complains about being singled out. After that we get radio silence before he decides to announce "Alright, going to sleep now". Which, I mean, that last bit isn't inherently scummy, it just kind of stood out to me given what I'm already seeing.

I'm vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, but I'm pretty sure that I'm *always* vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, regardless of what he's doing, so I'm not giving that a lot of credence right now.

There it is, the first post in D1 that I feel acts like it's offering content but in reality is floating ideas and then back tracking on them.

##vote Hatlord

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Hey probst how do you feel about the concept of "trying too hard"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
who would you day cop and why

I would hit bif obvi because she is TOO TRICKSY

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

There it is, the first post in D1 that I feel acts like it's offering content but in reality is floating ideas and then back tracking on them.

##vote Hatlord

maybe this'll finally be our game, Quid!

what did you think of the point I raised about Hats, makes sense right

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mayor Glowku posted:

Hey probst how do you feel about the concept of "trying too hard"

its for loving losers and morons. idiots. complete goddanm fool;s.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

peramene posted:

You.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

I used to think that people should never cop me anyway cause I post so drat much you should really be able to tell by endgame if I'm scum or not, save it for some inscrutable lurker

but lately my scum game is better so I can't blame them :buddy:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Hatlord

I was asked what I thought about other people. Those are my thoughts.

Turns out I spend a lot of time trying to poke holes in my own reads, and I'm not particularly shy about sharing that. Every single game, somebody goes after me on this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Turns out I spend a lot of time trying to poke holes in my own reads, and I'm not particularly shy about sharing that. Every single game, somebody goes after me on this.

that's not what I'm going after you for, but you passed it up! hmmmmmmmmm

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

then stop doing it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Mafia Dad Time: Don't poke holes in your own argument, it makes it seem like you don't believe in what you're saying. Make other people do the work.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

that's not what I'm going after you for, but you passed it up! hmmmmmmmmm

I mean, if you really want me to blare out the reasons you're wrong, I can, but it's information I think is more valuable if it's kept under wraps until at least D2.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

An asiina that wants to poo poo post pings me as weird. is this new meta?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Max posted:

Mafia Dad Time: Don't poke holes in your own argument, it makes it seem like you don't believe in what you're saying. Make other people do the work.

mafia dadding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, if you really want me to blare out the reasons you're wrong, I can, but it's information I think is more valuable if it's kept under wraps until at least D2.

did you fail to notice that the n0 death was killed "many times over"?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Don't dangle it dude, just post it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

gif Probst posted:

mafia dadding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I try not to but sometimes it's necessary.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Don't dangle it dude, just post it.

huh? are you talking to Hats? If he means it might be better to not go spilling all the town flavor he could be right, though. I still think it's weird that he saw that "many times over" death and thought, hmmm maybe it implies an especially murderous vigilante.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm telling him to either post it or stop talking about it.

• Locked thread