Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

wuffles posted:

yeah its pretty dumb. 35min until DL complete at least :shrug:

Whoah gently caress off, 2.5 hours here with comcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thanks to the massive size of this update i dont have room on my ssd, but also because there is an update queued steam wont let me move the currently installed game to my mechanical drive, resulting in me having to entirely uninstall. lmao, good design steam you dweebs

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Seems pretty lame to not be able to preload and it's 30 GB.

Goddang it, came to this thread to check if it was just me. Firaxiiiiis

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

Normally GMG is pretty good, so I don't know what happened there.

Yeah this sucks, usually they're a good safe bet. Wonder what happened.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
[GROWN MEN SCREAMING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY THEIR ALIEN SHOOTMAN / OC DRESSUP GAME]

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Wow you guys have a 30 GB dl? Mine is only 5GB

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

BlazetheInferno posted:

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here thinking "Well, Green Man Gaming was an experiment, and looks like that experiment has failed, never using them again."

Literally the only reason I'm not submitting a refund request is because they gave a discount.

There wouldn't really be a reason to buy from them if there wasn't a discount, anyway.

Using GBP I could buy the DLC right now from 2game and get a key for cheaper than GMG was. I think that's my new go-to for the rare time I actually preorder something.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Wow you guys have a 30 GB dl? Mine is only 5GB

i actually have a 59 gb download now :c00l:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Normally GMG is pretty good, so I don't know what happened there.

Supposedly the problem is on 2k's end, but whose fault it is honestly isn't that important. Definitely not buying from third-party websites again unless they give you the key IMMEDIATELY after purchase (2game, for example).

Edit: GMG is back up! Keys still aren't out! Hahahahahahahaha

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Still waiting on Amazon till 12 Pacific apparently. Great.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

wuffles posted:

If they were gonna slap a 5 turn CD on it, I wish they'd have just made it 2 charges a mission with no CD.

Perhaps, but there is a very big tension between finite charges (grenades) and timers (killlzone), half of it is fluff/intuition, ie does it make sense that limited use equipment is being expended, such as wraith suit charges, gremlin capacitor usage, etc. The other half asking if it's ok to spam this ability 2-3 times asap then forget about it. In the first case rapid fire is clearly skill-based rather than resource based, but who knows if the devs cared about this when nerfing it. They may, however, have cared about some fringe case where you rapid fire a Chosen, then alacrity the ranger and rapid fire a second time, RIP Chosen DLC. Also, 3rd case, conceal rangers typically fire only 1-2 shots all mission, the cd makes them care the but with the limited charges they'd never notice.

It's a nerf. It's a big nerf. It's ok, Rapid Fire was OP.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Ok, so turns out the Phalanx SITREP is not what I thought it was.

It's actually loving hilarious: "Enemy units are gathered in a large group around the mission objective."

They made the box strat into an actual thing ADVENT will do.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Looks like I'll just get the install going tomorrow before work and come home to some sweet alien homicide.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Whoah gently caress off, 2.5 hours here with comcast

sending my thoughts and prayers

3 minutes left. its happening . gif

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

THIS DOWNLOAD IS GIRTHY

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Looks like the tutorial does get of an update. But it's mainly a little video of a Reaper sneaking in to find ZE COMMANDER. Didn't see any changes, but I hopped out just a bit after I got "control" of the characters.

Edit: Oh never mind that little video plays no matter what, even if you go with normal mode.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Christ I now have less than 5 gigs on my SSD. drat.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
So do you buy the new classes as their own dudes, or can you upgrade one of your guys into them? It'll be sad making my Commander one of the inferior bitch classes with the new hotness out there.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

J33uk posted:

Still waiting on Amazon till 12 Pacific apparently. Great.

yeah kidn of a weird release, I wonder if there were some information that got mixed up regarding release

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Mulva posted:

So do you buy the new classes as their own dudes, or can you upgrade one of your guys into them? It'll be sad making my Commander one of the inferior bitch classes with the new hotness out there.

You can't train into new classes in GTS or get them randomly from rookies, so you only get new class soldiers from covert operation rewards(may be possible as regular mission rewards/black market, but I haven't seen that happen in what LPs I saw)

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
So I've heard Rangers get some major nerfs.

Hunter's instinct is now only +1 damage against flanked enemies.

Reduced the crit chance of the shotgun.

AND they turned Rapidfire to a 5 turn cooldown.

I get that because of teamwork/advanced teamwork that they needed to give it a cooldown to prevent situations where you sink six shotgun shots into a target, but were Rangers really so overpowered?

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Zore posted:

Christ I now have less than 5 gigs on my SSD. drat.

This is the thing about SSDs, like yeah they're awesome, but personally I think it's important to always pair up with a big muthafuckin' hard drive for dev tools, music, whatever, or just low frequency games so you don't have to rely on bandwidth and shuffling around games for space.

War of the Chosen Dev tools add an extra 91 GB.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Godna posted:

I get that because of teamwork/advanced teamwork that they needed to give it a cooldown to prevent situations where you sink six shotgun shots into a target, but were Rangers really so overpowered?

Yes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Still nothing from GMG. Disappointing but also the first time they've ever messed me up. Probably because the expansion is DLC.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Maluco Marinero posted:

This is the thing about SSDs, like yeah they're awesome, but personally I think it's important to always pair up with a big muthafuckin' hard drive for dev tools, music, whatever, or just low frequency games so you don't have to rely on bandwidth and shuffling around games for space.

War of the Chosen Dev tools add an extra 91 GB.

Yeah, I've got a terrabyte secondary drive I'm just legitimately worried about temp files flooding the rest of my free space now.

And the game runs like rear end if i put it on my regular drive :(

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

omg instant load times

also I hosed gate crasher so hard I wanted to restart but Aileen O'Reilly's family was butchered by aliens and her bloodlust cannot be quenched :black101:

this bitch is immortal

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

The performance enhancements seem really good so far. The game feels like it runs better in every way.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All this SSD talk made me wanna check where I have the game installed to. Then I realized I don't even know how to access the SSD to check what I have on it.

I hate computers :saddowns:

Godna posted:

All the more reason to keep using boltcaster melee rangers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Mulva posted:

So you get them as rewards for covert ops for the various factions. You can only have a max of 2 of each at a time though, and getting the second is really luck dependent and requires high influence with their faction.

Getting the first Templar/Skirmisher/Reaper is super easy though, basically just make contact with the faction.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
For whatever reason I have no ability to skip the tutorial or Lost and Abandoned. Is that supposed to happen? I've seen the latter about 3 times now on streams and don't care much for set piece missions anyway.

Edit: starting the first mission after the tutorial allows me to start a new game without them, but I'm not sure why that's gated behind the mission where Jane Kelly rescues the Michelin Man.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 29, 2017

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

wuffles posted:

omg instant load times

also I hosed gate crasher so hard I wanted to restart but Aileen O'Reilly's family was butchered by aliens and her bloodlust cannot be quenched :black101:

this bitch is immortal

Yeah, I was blown away. My system is pretty clunky and this was, no poo poo, my experience:

-Dropship Screen loads in
-"We Have an Opportu-"
-PSHING! RED LIGHTS ON! GOGOGO!

Also, I got a new mission type: assisnate Advent Commander. In a derilect subway station.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

For whatever reason I have no ability to skip the tutorial or Lost and Abandoned. Is that supposed to happen? I've seen the latter about 3 times now on streams and don't care much for set piece missions anyway.

Did you not have the option on setup? I think Lost and Abandoned is tied to the tutorial.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

10 hours download on my upside down backwards internet :parrot:

Still I'm too excited to play to be upset, guess I'll just do other life poo poo or whatever.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, I was blown away. My system is pretty clunky and this was, no poo poo, my experience:

-Dropship Screen loads in
-"We Have an Opportu-"
-PSHING! RED LIGHTS ON! GOGOGO!

Also, I got a new mission type: assisnate Advent Commander. In a derilect subway station.

same. 4 turns on reveal. that was a surprise

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Spudd posted:

10 hours download on my upside down backwards internet :parrot:

Still I'm too excited to play to be upset, guess I'll just do other life poo poo or whatever.

:same:
If I'm lucky I'll have it before midnight.

Why wasn't preloading a thing this time?

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Paingod556 posted:

:same:
If I'm lucky I'll have it before midnight.

Why wasn't preloading a thing this time?

Steam doesn't let you preload dlc

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Ok so I've checked:

code:
		if (!bXPackNarrativeEnabled && !bTutorialEnabled && Index == 3)
		{
			NewSoldierState = CreateStartingFactionSoldier(StartState);
		}
Starting WotC without the narrative mission and no tutorial enabled will give you a faction soldier: it just picks what faction HQ you start at random if you pick no advanced options.

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON
doing my first guerrilla op (which is my first mission beyond gatecrasher) on legendary. Reinforcement pod dropped in with two stun lancers and a priest, while I was already fighting sectoid + 3 troopers. also i have to kill a little psionic transmitter ever turn, so it's really only 3 guys handling this.

WHAT.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Cnidaria posted:

Steam doesn't let you preload dlc

I can imagine the Steam backlog grooming meeting at Valve HQ: "What's this feature? 'Extend preloading functionality to DLC'? Why the gently caress would we ever need that?"

And they were correct, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Exposure posted:

Ok so I've checked:

code:
		if (!bXPackNarrativeEnabled && !bTutorialEnabled && Index == 3)
		{
			NewSoldierState = CreateStartingFactionSoldier(StartState);
		}
Starting WotC without the narrative mission and no tutorial enabled will give you a faction soldier: it just picks what faction HQ you start at random if you pick no advanced options.

Just restarted campaign and tested this. I got me a Protoss on the first mission! HAIL THE TEMPLARI! Also, they changed up gate-keeper, got a variety if things you can blow up so the maps can shift around more. Blowing up a propoganda stage this time.

Oh, and FIRAXIS BUILT IN A PREVIEW MODE NOW! So you know what targets a dude will see when he moves, and if they'll be flank-shots.