Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh man, they got Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes as VAs, I'm so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
I'm in the middle of a middle-to-late game legendary ironman campaign. If I install the ex-pac, will I still be able to play finish this campaign? Or should I wait?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cheese and crackers, this poo poo's an extra 30gbs?! :eyepop:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DEO3 posted:

I'm in the middle of a middle-to-late game legendary ironman campaign. If I install the ex-pac, will I still be able to play finish this campaign? Or should I wait?

I'm pretty sure you can uncheck the War of the Chosen DLC on the Steam launch page and be able to play your old campaign.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pakled posted:

Oh man, they got Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes as VAs, I'm so happy

You forgot John de Lancie and Denice Crosby

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7297456/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

EDIT:
And Dwight Schultz

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 29, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Deakul posted:

I think the base game was only 23 GB LOL.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Deakul posted:

Almost certainly this is just how steam works, they are downloading a new copy including the cool fancy stuff, then blowing away the old version. They aren't just downloading the delta.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Can Lost and Abandoned be ignored for a bit? Bradford's making it sound like it's on a guerilla-ops timer, but I really wanna finish getting this engineer.

e: Nevermind, doesn't look like I got a choice.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 29, 2017

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Ooh, neat. Turns out I was wrong about Eyepatch Right not getting updated. I guess the "last online" thing not showing a date doesn't mean what I thought it did, he posted on his mod confirming he'll be working on it. :D

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Some of these new mission types seem kind of...possibly overtuned for the early game? The second mission I get after Gatecrasher is to eliminate an Advent General, dude has like 10 HP, there's three pods on the map and the second I engage any of them a really tight time limit is imposed to kill the dude. This is a bit much to handle with 3 rookies and one Support squaddie.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is there a discord for this?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is the Reinforcements Pack worth getting? From what I read, the Alien Hunter DLC is bullshit that can severely gently caress over new games? And the rest is cool or just cosmetic?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Seriously the photobooth is the best thing and I can't wait to see how modders can improve it once they've had time to really go at it.

First of all it needs a horizontal picture mode, secondly more fonts for the text. I could see new poses being a thing, too.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Some of these new mission types seem kind of...possibly overtuned for the early game? The second mission I get after Gatecrasher is to eliminate an Advent General, dude has like 10 HP, there's three pods on the map and the second I engage any of them a really tight time limit is imposed to kill the dude. This is a bit much to handle with 3 rookies and one Support squaddie.

I loved that mission! I lost a ranger and two others were wounded, but I killed the General with one turn remaining and had an awesome time.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Helion posted:

I loved that mission! I lost a ranger and two others were wounded, but I killed the General with one turn remaining and had an awesome time.

Not saying it isn't going to be hard (the new mission that is), but you should have at minimum 3 squaddies after gatecrasher or you're doing something wrong, really you should be aiming to have all 4 be squaddies and no injuries.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wish you could prop up the corpses of dead soldiers in photos Weekend at Bernie's style.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Does enabling the tutorial actually change or add anything for the expansion? I know about the intro cutscene, but are there any gameplay additions that are 'tutorialized', like meld was back in Enemy Within?

I'd like to know that too. I was going to turn all of that stuff on, some second wave stuff, and get wrecked with like four missions in a row.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Only 1 day, 16 hours left before the download finishes! :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Bad news: I'm not going to be able to do poo poo with this before the weekend. :mad:

Good news: I've got a 4 day weekend lined up for this poo poo. :getin:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was too scared to try it, but is a general grenade going to alert the Lost, or just using a grenade to explode cars?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Noooo, the most important mod, Fancy Dress Party is not working with the expansion!

vosk
Jul 28, 2005

THE PRODIGOON SON
Doing a retaliation mission and I have allied resistance fighters just fking advent up all over. Then I see loot dropped... completely across the map. rip loot.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tae posted:

I was too scared to try it, but is a general grenade going to alert the Lost, or just using a grenade to explode cars?
Grenades alert them as well.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Tae posted:

Every type of grenade will spawn a swarm, including flashbangs. That was a nasty surprise!

I'm playing on double turn timers and it feels just right. Although the new psionic relay missions are kinda too easy but I don't really mind.

The game feels more open-ended and forgiving in the sense that you can do all sorts of stuff and not feel like you're getting penalized for it. It's come a long way from EW's One Correct Build Order, and it's wonderful. I just keep researching inspirations because they're so good instead of doing "proper" teching.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The alien hunters weapons are now tied to the proving ground :negative:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

MF_James posted:

Not saying it isn't going to be hard (the new mission that is), but you should have at minimum 3 squaddies after gatecrasher or you're doing something wrong, really you should be aiming to have all 4 be squaddies and no injuries.

Without save scumming, poor aim/good enemy aim is gonna happen. I was glad to just get out of there with no deaths as poorly as it went at the very end.

That made for a very very rough second mission.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay so, after looking through the cosmetic mods I use, here's what I can tell about them, going through my list in alphabetical order. Voice packs not included.

Anarchy's Children Extra Options: Lets you use the various hat options from Anarchy's Children in some of the other head slots. Working fine.

Arms and Shoulders: Working Fine! I actually was expecting this one to break somehow.

Capnbubs Accessories Pack: Some of the items here have broken textures, but a lot remain intact as well. A lot of the helmets and all of the goggle-type options appear to be broken, though the basic beret (without the badge), the Balaclava, the tacmask, and stuff like that seem to be intact.

Custom Face Paints: Working fine. I don't use as many of these as I used to, though. Need to go back and doublecheck through my character pool, remind myself how many characters use what...

Destroyer's Female Hair Pack: Several of these appear to have broken textures. Given that he has said he is no longer capable of updating this one (hence the existence of the second pack), prospects are grim unless he can fix them up and add the hairstyles from this pack into the second pack.

Destroyer's Female Hair Pack 2.0: I didn't notice any broken textures among these while I was looking. This one appears to be intact.

Destroyer's Male Mustache Pack: Appears to be in working order.

Eldritch Facepaints v1.2: Working fine. I was really half-expecting one of the facepaint mods to have a broken texture somewhere, but nope!

Eyepatch Right: Broken texture. The mod-maker doesn't appear to have been online in a very, very long time though; the "last online" notice doesn't even give a date. Sorry, Solid Snake fans, but I don't see this one getting fixed any time soon.

Fire Emblem Awakening: Lucina's Hairstyle & Mask: (grabbed out of curiosity). Working fine with one exception: the version of the mask and headband that use your armor color have broken textures and are solid black at the moment. The default mask and headband are fine, though.

Free the Hood: Working as intended.

Glowing Eyes: At first I thought this was broken, as when I tried to select them, they didn't appear. While I was checking the next mods though, they started appearing as I scrolled through the list. So this one appears to be working fine.

Mass Effect's Jack Appearance Pack: One or two of the earpiece options appear to have broken textures, but other than that this appears to be intact.

ME3 Garrus Squadmate: Very broken at the moment. His head is intact, but all of the armor's textures are broken, and selecting his torso actually breaks the customization menu, preventing you from selecting arm options.

ME3 Jack Squadmate: Completely intact, as far as I can tell.

ME3 Kasumi Squadmate: Intact, with one exception; the N7 Fury Mask option (hood with mask) has no textures on the mask.

MGSV: Jungle Fatigues (MGS3): Broken textures all around.

More Armor Colors/Vivid Hair Color: Grouped together because they're so similar. Working fine.

Starcraft II Nova Squadmate: Working fine. No broken textures that I could see.

Stenchfury Modular Helmets: Broken textures on a number of the pieces right now, though some pieces are intact.

Warden Gear: Almost entirely intact, at least on the helmets front. Can't check the actual armor pieces in the character pool, but only one of of the helmets has broken textures, and even then, only on the little spotting lasers it has on one side.

quoting this so I can find it when I get home ty. anyone else have any recommendations that they've tested?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Thank you randomize button.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 29, 2017

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times. I haven't played either Xcom or Xcom 2. Which should I jump into and should I do a first run of either with the xpacs installed?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Deakul posted:

Is the Reinforcements Pack worth getting? From what I read, the Alien Hunter DLC is bullshit that can severely gently caress over new games? And the rest is cool or just cosmetic?

The Alien Hunters are a new type of challenge that you may or may not find fun, but even if you don't you can still disable it when starting a new game.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

u brexit ukip it posted:

Only 1 day, 16 hours left before the download finishes! :smith:

Commiserations poo poo internet friend. 1 day and 1 hour to go for me. :smith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gonna need a mod to disable this Reaper screen effect ASAP.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dongattack posted:

Thank you randomize button.

Image isn't showing up.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

funkymonks posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times. I haven't played either Xcom or Xcom 2. Which should I jump into and should I do a first run of either with the xpacs installed?

If you want to play xcom EU/EW play that first. Otherwise just play 2 with the expansion since it's loaded with cool and good poo poo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'll say one thing for the resistance soldiers: they might not do a lot of damage, but they do it more consistently than any XCOM troops do.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

VolticSurge posted:

Image isn't showing up.

Aw, too bad. It' was a really over the top picture of two soldiers with the text "THEY'RE ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh god now I remember why I need the third party mod manager...

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
I have an UFO hunting me... in april :thunk:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been looking through the second wave options and lol at the double-length doom timer.

quote:

I have an UFO hunting me... in april

Hope you have a turret :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what's your strategy of troops, just rotate in a rookie every mission? I never really needed a team of 20 troops (or even 10 beyond cumulative over a playthrough) before.