Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
How about the great old Targ fucker Aegon the Unworthy? It's like the dude was trying to go down in history as the biggest fuckup ever. Built wooden dragons filled with wildfire to wheel down to enemies. hosed a thousand women and sired dozens of bastards. Insisted on loving his sick sister-wife (who wanted to be a nun) until she died in childbirth. And on his deathbed, made all his bastards legitimate as a final gently caress You to his wife and only legal son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The most annoying thing is how the books just drop off with all these storylines and background info, like Sam going to the citadel or Qaith (the lady in the weird mask in Qarth who says cryptic poo poo to Dany). Like, obvious there's something going on in the books with the maesters and the Hightowers and Maester Marwyn and the glass candles and Qaith and Mance Radar's real baby, but the show writers have no idea what to do, so Sam just dicks around at the citadel for a season and then leaves in a huff, having accomplished absolutely jackshit. The info about the dragonglass could have come from any other number of sources, and Bran could have time moonwalked back to it if that's so goddamned important that we know Jon's parents were married, OR Howland Reed could have revealed that info, which would have been neat cause you could have seen the floating frogmen's castle.

I'm just so disappointed how much of a wet fart the story's become because the writers have so little imagination.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Sekenr posted:

original Bratheon also came from valyria but they decided not to inbreed so now its pretty much irrelevant

no the original baratheons where westerosi but they hosed up and got all their males killed by aegon so one of his bastards or something married the oldest woman baratheon and took their name and titles

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

No Sam did a thing, he read the exact thing he needed to read to advance the plot

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I'm a bit surprised the show runners haven't abused the poo poo out of Bran to fill in plot holes. Normally people that lovely at writing jump all over a macguffin like that.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Trast posted:

I'm a bit surprised the show runners haven't abused the poo poo out of Bran to fill in plot holes. Normally people that lovely at writing jump all over a macguffin like that.

they probably did but they had to cut it for more shots of Jon's perfect rear end

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Trast posted:

this is almost a guarantee in season 8 imo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ROFLburger posted:

this is almost a guarantee in season 8 imo

Season eight is going to be ten hours of sitcomesque flashback/very special episodes.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"We could fly the dragons and drop you off, but I've decided the better idea is to take a boat...where you can make rash decisions out of fear." - Daenerys "Love 'Em and Cremate 'Em" Targaryen

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

Would YOU gently caress a giant?

I think if a giant wants to gently caress, it's not a matter of "would."

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

violent sex idiot posted:

they probably did but they had to cut it for more shots of Jon's perfect rear end

A good decision.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Would YOU gently caress a giant?
More like the giant would gently caress YOU.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Knight posted:

"We could fly the dragons and drop you off, but I've decided the better idea is to take a boat...where you can make rash decisions out of fear." - Daenerys "Love 'Em and Cremate 'Em" Targaryen

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I just wanna see the dance of the dragons or w/e when they were in-fighting long ago and dragon sky battles :yeah: but all the Targaryen poo poo is enough content to make series for a lifetime. Also double lol @ the terrible Aegon that legitimized his bastards that's great. How many Aegons are there now?

See what they deliver with zombie dragon

Can Bran warg into the zombie dragon 🤔

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bran never even warged into his own poo poo

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I just wanna see the dance of the dragons or w/e when they were in-fighting long ago and dragon sky battles :yeah: but all the Targaryen poo poo is enough content to make series for a lifetime. Also double lol @ the terrible Aegon that legitimized his bastards that's great. How many Aegons are there now?

See what they deliver with zombie dragon

Can Bran warg into the zombie dragon 🤔

Maegor was another rear end in a top hat who caused the dragons to go extinct by having a dragonpit built, and insisting the dragons all be stabled there.

But the Dance was loving hardcore. I always liked the Rat and Cheese assassins. They broke into the Red Keep, where the queen was with her six year old twin son and daughter, and 2 year old son, and said hey, bitch, because your side in the war killed a cousin, you are guilty of kinslaying, so we are gonna kill one of your kids. You pick who dies.

The queen begged and wept and finally picked the 2 year old

So they killed the six year old.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

skeletons arent people

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

FuhrerHat posted:

skeletons arent people

This kind of vitalism is extremely problematic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Who What Now posted:

Bran never even warged into his own poo poo

The whole loving show warged into poo poo

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Season 8 opens with us finding out that the littlefinger who died was a twin and main littlefinger boned dany while wearing a jon snow faceless mask. actual jon snow was always dead.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Cowslips Warren posted:

Maegor was another rear end in a top hat who caused the dragons to go extinct by having a dragonpit built, and insisting the dragons all be stabled there.

But the Dance was loving hardcore. I always liked the Rat and Cheese assassins. They broke into the Red Keep, where the queen was with her six year old twin son and daughter, and 2 year old son, and said hey, bitch, because your side in the war killed a cousin, you are guilty of kinslaying, so we are gonna kill one of your kids. You pick who dies.

The queen begged and wept and finally picked the 2 year old

So they killed the six year old.

Just like the Joker. heck yeh.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Nothing is more boring than a villain who is just a supernatural embodiment of pure evil that has no motivation for anything it does beside being evil for the sake evil. The night king is a very boring villain.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No I like the Night King. They are portraying him as a force of nature rather than "pure evil"

Ramsay was closer to a moustache twirling supervillain who did things only because they were brutally evil

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, I need to dispose of a fat woman and her baby because *twirls moustache* they no longer fit in my schemes *rubs hands together*

What is the best way to kill someone? Let them be torn apart and devoured by my Murder Dogs, of course *rubs hands together*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Zzulu posted:

No I like the Night King. They are portraying him as a force of nature rather than "pure evil"

Ramsay was closer to a moustache twirling supervillain who did things only because they were brutally evil

Is he a force of nature? They never explain what he is or what his motivations are or what his plan is, or even if he's capable of planning. All I remember is that some elf chick who represents nature shoved some sort of magic knife into a dude, which causes the dude to become magic and start killing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dunno, man

I can't read the fat mans mind

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Zzulu posted:

I dunno, man

It's p.easy to fake. just image food.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

I dunno, man

http://grrm.livejournal.com/155522.html

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Skellyking is clearly capable of complex planning, like he thought to prepare those spears, so clearly he should be capable of going yknow what I want to do something else besides slowly walking north and south as the millennia pass. So he should have some sort of reason and if he doesn't that's kinda lame. They should've just had free folk fleeing the worsening weather into the Stark domain that is itself busy dealing with the same worsening climate and done a migration period riff with free folk tribes and Stark bannermen switching loyalties back and forth etc.

Oh god

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Roose Bolton is like a secret skinstealer monster in the books with a long term game plan and in the show his stupid moonfaced son kills him for *reasons*, and then people just put up with it? In KL you can argue that Cersei holds on to power cause there's no one left to oppose her, but all these Northern lords just put up with Ramsey being a massive dick for no reason for ages, and then they just switch allegiances back to Stark when Ramsey gets ate by dogs.They make a big deal about how the North remembers, and things work differently up here in the North, were folks matter just a little more, and time goes just a little more slowly, but Northern lords are just as fickle and moorless as the crowds in KL that just love to throw poo poo at anyone who gets paraded through the streets. I guess you could argue that "oh, it's commentary on politics" but there's no way the writers are that clever, and it's also just poo poo storytelling. You don't base your whole social structure on being honorable men who don't abide no injustice and then have some motiveless, uncharismatic, redemptive-less villain face no actual resistance from them.

I know it's beating a dead horse, but every loving plotline post books just careens off the loving cliff. There's no longer any real reasons for why anyone does anything other than it will get them to the scene that the screenwriters want. Like with Arya threatening Sansa with the bag of faces. Why did Arya come back to Winterfell if she hates Sansa so much? Because for the writer's it'd be cool to have her stab Littlefinger in a reveal scene with that particular knife, that's why, but for that to happen Arya has to become vindictive towards Sansa for no real reason and Littlefinger has to have a loving lobotomy and creep around Winterfell with a visible boner. They've just ripped out what made the characters interesting in the first place and have made them one dimensional in order to generate more clickbaity scenes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I always wonder what they're doing north of the wall between everything marching around with massive undead armies and poo poo

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

lmao

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This thread is really bad now.

Can we get some posts about titties or about hoping a giant steps on someone?

GBS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Sep 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

facebook jihad posted:

This thread is really bad now.

Can we get some posts about titties or about hoping a giant steps on someone?

Winter is here. Posting winter. It's all just skellymans and starvation from now on.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bone Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Lecher GURM