Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well I typed up a big post and lost it but I'll try to take some pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So, Bowen's tutorial on Doctor Who is going to be public soon. I've already seen it, and when you watch it, try to notice the perfect precision strike of pinball karma. It's great.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got TZ running with a new CPU. Couple of switches are dodgy but I'm going to tear this bitch down and bulletproof it first.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
PBFX3 is out September 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yycdna8y9M4

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Will FX2 players have to rebuy all their tables for the new version...

We won't? Sweet!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are a few tables that arent getting ported over though. most notably the south park tables

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Snacksmaniac posted:

I got TZ running with a new CPU. Couple of switches are dodgy but I'm going to tear this bitch down and bulletproof it first.

Don't be afraid to share pics of the process. I don't give a poo poo if other people aren't interested, I am.

How did you find this thing anyway? Craigslist?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

So, uh, I think Ghostbusters was unlocked for disc copies of Stern Pinball Arcade on the XBox One a day or two ago...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYus-sPlZD6/?taken-by=sternpinball

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/12358-When-are-we-supposed-to-be-getting-Ghostbusters?p=262515&viewfull=1#post262515

Just checked my PS4 copy, but it's not available yet.

:effort:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Doggles posted:

So, uh, I think Ghostbusters was unlocked for disc copies of Stern Pinball Arcade on the XBox One a day or two ago...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYus-sPlZD6/?taken-by=sternpinball

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/12358-When-are-we-supposed-to-be-getting-Ghostbusters?p=262515&viewfull=1#post262515

Just checked my PS4 copy, but it's not available yet.

:effort:

I'd say I'm hoping that they release it on PC as well while also fixing all the outstanding issues, but I've already given up on all hope with Stern Pinball Arcade for the PC. Like, there are not a lot of things in pinball that would surprise me more than Stern Pinball Arcade for PC actually being fixed.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Terminally Bored posted:

PBFX3 is out September 26

Apart from the multiplayer, has anyone got a list of what the changes are between FX2 and FX3? What are the benefits to the player from an engine perspective?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they mentioned new lighting. i am praying they let us change the background brightness like pinball arcade

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

TheMcD posted:

I'd say I'm hoping that they release it on PC as well while also fixing all the outstanding issues, but I've already given up on all hope with Stern Pinball Arcade for the PC. Like, there are not a lot of things in pinball that would surprise me more than Stern Pinball Arcade for PC actually being fixed.

This is a farsight employee

We are releasing on console (Xbox One and PS4) first. We're working on updating Gear VR next with both mobile and PC versions closely behind. Again, we do not have any release dates set.

Gear VR? Are people actually playing PA on Gear VR? lol

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Hey man, you've got to be the only company I can think of that still highlights that a new release is available on the Ouya.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/bowenkerins/status/906229508147204096

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
And hey, there's Jack Danger of dead_flip just hanging out in the back!

Also I really need to go to CP more, but it costs me like $50 every time I go and it's this big drive and big ordeal but man do I love it every time.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

DeNofa posted:

Don't be afraid to share pics of the process. I don't give a poo poo if other people aren't interested, I am.

How did you find this thing anyway? Craigslist?

I'm one of the few people that repairs arcade games out here so I get some weird calls.
I'm not taking a ton of pics because I hate using my phone. I also decided to do a deep cleaning versus a real proper restore because I want to play it - now. When I do the full thing next year I'll document it better.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm one of the few people that repairs arcade games out here so I get some weird calls.
I'm not taking a ton of pics because I hate using my phone. I also decided to do a deep cleaning versus a real proper restore because I want to play it - now. When I do the full thing next year I'll document it better.

Awesome, congrats on the find.

If anyone was curious, a pinball machine will fit in the back of a GTI:

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

DeNofa posted:

Awesome, congrats on the find.

If anyone was curious, a pinball machine will fit in the back of a GTI:

God you're making me miss my Mk4 hot-hatch :cry:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Ghostbusters is maybe now available for the PS4!

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/1566116070076114

Won't be able to check my disc copy until late tonight.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Doggles posted:

Ghostbusters is maybe now available for the PS4!

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/1566116070076114

Won't be able to check my disc copy until late tonight.

*Video Feed cuts out*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Got to play Capcom's "Pinball Magic" last night.
Holy poo poo, that game rules. Definitely not as refined as ToM but I dig it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Just had a terrible night at tournament play, couldn't get anything going in Walking Dead or Star Wars, and had awful quick drains in both ROBOT and 8-Ball Deluxe :(

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Confirmed, Ghostbusters is included in yesterday's PS4 patch of Stern Pinball Arcade. Got about an hour of playtime in. Here's your goon score to beat:

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴
How important is it to keep pinball tables out of sunlight? I assume direct sunlight is a lot worse, but how about indirect?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

UV does a number on decals.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The old decals used to fade pretty bad but I think the newer ones don't. Sun will get everything at some point but I wouldn't worry about it as much on the newer machines. In fact I can't remember seeing fade on any Stern machine from 2000 on.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Doggles posted:

Confirmed, Ghostbusters is included in yesterday's PS4 patch of Stern Pinball Arcade. Got about an hour of playtime in. Here's your goon score to beat:

:boom:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Looks like FarSight is finally dipping their toes into something other than pure simulation of actual tables, and they decided to do it by partnering with a no-name start-up in Argentina, and of course to fund it with Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-invaders-space-warfare

I can't say I'm terribly impressed so far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why would i give them money for a new game when their last game still doesnt work

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

Looks like FarSight is finally dipping their toes into something other than pure simulation of actual tables, and they decided to do it by partnering with a no-name start-up in Argentina, and of course to fund it with Kickstarter.

This looks better than that last loving horrible thing they proposed which I can't seem to find any information on anymore. It was a really amateur looking mobile thing that was to come out after TPA

Awesome! posted:

why would i give them money for a new game when their last game still doesn't work

Also this. Its been like 5 loving years or something

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I just played the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade for the first time in months to see if the lighting was still washed out and lovely from the patch that came out early this year.

It is.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm surprised people keep funding their stuff.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I just updated the OP and moved info about physical pinball into the mostly-unused second post.

Please let me know if I missed anything. I still play and love pinball, but FarSight has soured me a bit on the digital scene, so I haven't been following things very closely.

I did visit the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas last month. It's rad. I took a few photos if anyone wants to see them. Mostly just rows of machines.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Hollenhammer posted:

This looks better than that last loving horrible thing they proposed which I can't seem to find any information on anymore. It was a really amateur looking mobile thing that was to come out after TPA

Orbals. Truly a modern classic.

If Pinball Arcade's rock-solid development track record and those screenshots don't get you to donate to Farsight's new game, I don't know what will.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inferior Third Season posted:

I downloaded the demo. My ball got stuck in another plane and drained straight through the flippers multiple times.

They also thought it was a good idea for a demo designed to drum up interest in a Kickstarter should require IAP or watching an ad to play more than one game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Pinball FX3 is a go.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442120/Pinball_FX3/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how does it look? im downloading now but wont be able to play for a few hours

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Supposedly there are cross platform leader boards now which I'm incredibly excited for since I play on ps4 and most of this thread is on steam.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how relevant is that though since you wont be able to friend people cross-platform i assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Awesome! posted:

how relevant is that though since you wont be able to friend people cross-platform i assume

I haven't booted it up yet but I was hoping they would accommodate that. But now that you mention it :smith: