Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

FaradayCage posted:

There is a scene where two people are having sex (I think) and it keeps cutting to images of decaying animal bodies or something

This part sounds like Lars von Trier's Antichrist, but the rest doesn't.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FaradayCage posted:

There is a movie, I think it came out in the last 10 years-ish.

It's confusing,

There is a scene where two people are having sex (I think) and it keeps cutting to images of decaying animal bodies or something.

And there's this disconnected part of someone's family that lives out in the Bayou or somewhere.

It reminds me of "Adaptation" and there are alligators and fear.

But I don't think it's Adaptation.

It was a really hosed up movie.

Please help.

Was it Antichrist?

efb

[quote="“Daveski”" post="“476069326”"]
This part sounds like Lars von Trier’s Antichist, but the rest doesn’t.
[/quote]

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FaradayCage posted:

It's confusing,

There is a scene where two people are having sex (I think) and it keeps cutting to images of decaying animal bodies or something.

And there's this disconnected part of someone's family that lives out in the Bayou or somewhere.

Please help.

FaradayCage posted:

It's confusing,

Please help.

Possibly "Antichrist" by Lars von Trier?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

was it the opening credits of True Blood?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Never saw Antichrist and it's a good guess, but it's not it.

Movie has more of a "Vanilla Sky" feel. Beautiful people. Moments of jarring incongruity.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
I saw a movie a few years ago and cannot remember the name of it. I only saw a few minutes in the middle. It was somethinglike:

Young girl is kidnapped by a creepy dude. She's tied up in the trunk. Somehow she has a cellphone still and is on the line with 911. I know it takes place in Los Angeles / nearby. There's also a scene where there's white paint in the trunk, and the 911 operator tells her to kick out a light and pour it out the back of the car so that they can identify it.

There's also a part where the bad guy pulls off into a parking lot with a cop(?). Bad guy I think shoots the cop and steals the car, taking kidnapped girl with him. Iirc they're headed to some weird rape house out in the boonies of San Bernadino or something. Also, this may be a fever dream but I think The Rock or Bruce Willis was in it? One of those action-movie-exclusive guys.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FaradayCage posted:

Never saw Antichrist and it's a good guess, but it's not it.

Movie has more of a "Vanilla Sky" feel. Beautiful people. Moments of jarring incongruity.

The rotting carcasses would fit A Zed and Two Noughts, but the rest doesn't match.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

du -hast posted:

There's also a scene where there's white paint in the trunk, and the 911 operator tells her to kick out a light and pour it out the back of the car so that they can identify it.

Sounds like The Call, with Halle Berry
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911644/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm thinking it's either Stolen with Nicolas Cage or Stephen Dorff in Brake. I saw both close to each other and they kind of melded together.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

BioTech posted:

Sounds like The Call, with Halle Berry
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911644/

That's exactly it! Thanks.

Also this movie is very bad. Its just terrible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

du -hast posted:

Also this movie is very bad. Its just terrible.

I still chuckle every time I think of this movie.

"We need a serial killer with a twist, something not seen before. To scare the viewers. I KNOW!
How about a guy who drowns women, paints them white, raises himself 5ft above them via body hooks, and then jacks off!"

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

happyhippy posted:

I still chuckle every time I think of this movie.

"We need a serial killer with a twist, something not seen before. To scare the viewers. I KNOW!
How about a guy who drowns women, paints them white, raises himself 5ft above them via body hooks, and then jacks off!"

Different movie, mang

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's a good movie and everything within it makes sense.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

FaradayCage posted:

It's confusing,

Please help.

The parts of this that don't sound like Anti-Christ sound like Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call: New Orleans.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

TTBF posted:

The parts of this that don't sound like Anti-Christ sound like Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call: New Orleans.

Now that's a fuckin' double feature

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

TTBF posted:

Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call: New Orleans.
I had heard about this but just figured it for a direct-to-video Bad Lieutenant sequel that everyone liked for its ridiculousness. Now, I know better. Thanks!

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Alris posted:

I'm trying to find a movie I saw a bit of on cable a few years back.

It was live-action, and most likely made in the last 10-15 years.
It felt like a science-fiction film, but I do not remember enough details to say for sure.
I recall it being in English, but it may have been a foreign production.

The part I recall watching centred on a police detective with a unique ability. He could be interviewing someone, ask them a completely benign question like "What did you have for breakfast" or "What size shoe do you take", and when they answer he'd automatically know everything he needed to about their relation to whatever case he was working on.

That's the way I remember it, anyway. For a long time I thought the movie was Immortal, a French produced film, but I saw it a couple of days ago and nothing similar to the above was in it.

This is from ages ago but I finally figured out the movie was Code 46.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Origami Dali posted:

Different movie, mang

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's a good movie and everything within it makes sense.

haha poo poo, indeed, I thought it was the Jennifer Lopez one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

happyhippy posted:

haha poo poo, indeed, I thought it was the Jennifer Lopez one.

The Cell?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
An 80s comedy where some people are in medical school and a guy doesn't want to bother practicing on a cadaver because he ended up not being in the same group as the girl he has a crush on so he makes up an excuse about how he can't do the exercise that day because his mom died last week and he's too freaked out to look at a dead body right now.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Neo Rasa posted:

An 80s comedy where some people are in medical school and a guy doesn't want to bother practicing on a cadaver because he ended up not being in the same group as the girl he has a crush on so he makes up an excuse about how he can't do the exercise that day because his mom died last week and he's too freaked out to look at a dead body right now.

Gonna take a stab in the dark and say Young Doctors in Love or Bad Medicine.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Or maybe Stitches.

EDIT: Or maybe Gross Anatomy.

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 9, 2017

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sir Nose posted:

Or maybe Stitches.

EDIT: Or maybe Gross Anatomy.

I would put money on Gross Anatomy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It is indeed Gross Anatomy, thanks folks!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
There was this movie (based on a book, I believe) with the traits I remember:

- main character is a boy who survived a boat accident with his brother, who didn't. He's been in a mental hospital, or something, for attempting suicide.
- his mom low key hates the surviving son for surviving
- the main character goes to a Jewish therapist (I only remember that because said therapist tries to get the main character mad and emotionally open, and part what cones out is racist poo poo)
- the boy has a sexual relationship with someone who asks about his scars post-sex (the post sex part might be in the book; I vaguely recall a criticism of these scene was that the question about the scars was asked in a way mess intimate moment in the movie)
- at some point, the boy hugs the mom, who turns her face to add ambiguity to what she feels that her son hugs her

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

MisterBibs posted:

There was this movie (based on a book, I believe) with the traits I remember:

- main character is a boy who survived a boat accident with his brother, who didn't. He's been in a mental hospital, or something, for attempting suicide.
- his mom low key hates the surviving son for surviving
- the main character goes to a Jewish therapist (I only remember that because said therapist tries to get the main character mad and emotionally open, and part what cones out is racist poo poo)
- the boy has a sexual relationship with someone who asks about his scars post-sex (the post sex part might be in the book; I vaguely recall a criticism of these scene was that the question about the scars was asked in a way mess intimate moment in the movie)
- at some point, the boy hugs the mom, who turns her face to add ambiguity to what she feels that her son hugs her

Ordinary People?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

LesterGroans posted:

Ordinary People?

Holy poo poo, that's it! Thanks!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

No he's saying that just sounds like regular ordinary people.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Ordinary fuckin people

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

LesterGroans posted:

Ordinary fuckin people

Yeah, I know that movie - the guy's brother drowns.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Heads up, disturbing stuff involving child abuse in the story.

I'm trying to remember this movie that I think is at least ten years old. This wasn't in theaters, so in reality I guess it could be a TV show or special? It was a drama in which an older character is recalling abuse as a child. I think the following was described in a monologue but may have been a voice over during a depiction. Breaking down crying, he describes how he would not eat a meal (oatmeal maybe?) that had been set out for him, so it stayed on the kitchen table for days, eventually growing moldy. He finally broke down and ate it, but "sicked it back up." His father was super evil and made him eat it again.

Anyone have any idea?

Cormack fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 21, 2017

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Cormack posted:

Heads up, disturbing stuff involving child abuse in the story.

I'm trying to remember this movie that I think is at least ten years old. This wasn't in theaters, so in reality I guess it could be a TV show or special? It was a drama in which an older character is recalling abuse as a child. I think the following was described in a monologue but may have been a voice over during a depiction. Breaking down crying, he describes how he would not eat a meal (oatmeal maybe?) that had been set out for him, so it stayed on the kitchen table for days, eventually growing moldy. He finally broke down and ate it, but "sicked it back up." His father was super evil and made him eat it again.

Anyone have any idea?

could it be this? (fixed link)

a few DRUNK BONERS fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 21, 2017

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

well that link didn't work, but I think you meant A Child Lost Forever: The Jerry Sherwood Story

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
I don't think that was it. I think "sicked it up" or back up was a line of dialog, and I think it was a father.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A film, possibly made for TV. Possibly Australian. Takes place in a rural area, possibly on a farm. The mother in the family, or some sort of maternal figure could've been an aunt or just a guardian, sawed into her thigh and attempted to bind the wound herself. The car was broken down and people would chant "There is juice inside the gas/There is juice inside the gas" etc..

Any ideas?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

no idea, but its called petrol rather than gas in australia, so probably not australian

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

FreudianSlippers posted:

A film, possibly made for TV. Possibly Australian. Takes place in a rural area, possibly on a farm. The mother in the family, or some sort of maternal figure could've been an aunt or just a guardian, sawed into her thigh and attempted to bind the wound herself. The car was broken down and people would chant "There is juice inside the gas/There is juice inside the gas" etc..

Any ideas?

I don't know why, but maybe the Australian movie Fortress about a teacher who is protecting students from some psychos? http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any ideas?

One hell of a long shot, but possibly one of the Children of the Corn movies?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Hope a TV show is kosher for this thread because it's been nagging me for awhile.
If I had to guess, this was an early 2000s Saturday morning cartoon or something in that vein. All I recall is there was one episode that involved kids cursing and using rubber band snaps on their wrists to make themselves stop and something about saving up tickets at an arcade to win some sort of collectors jacket.
For some reason I keep thinking "Recess" but that doesn't seem to be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Over the weekend, the memories of a movie I once saw on TCM popped into my head. But I can't remember the movie, so maybe someone else will.

This movie was made sometime in the '70s, I think. It involved a student taking classes in law school. I think he formed a study group with some of the other students, and the number of people in the group dropped as people couldn't handle the stress of law school and dropped out. One of the plots involved the struggle to navigate the complexities of contract law. Lots of scenes with the main character in class, and his professor would call on him to answer questions about stuff that was being taught in class.

At the end of the movie, the main character was sitting on a beach with his girlfriend. He nervously opened an envelope with his final grade(s) and found, with his relief, that he had passed.