Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Beastie posted:

Fighting bots in Battlefront is my go to thing to do when I come home all messed up from a night out. Turn off the HUD, smoke, and blast some storm troopers in Skirmish.

Flying is also fun but the pilot bots home in on your rear end.
The bots for Walker Assault are so dumb that it's just not fun. You have to micromanage uplink defense on your own because they sure the gently caress do it, as well as do the vast majority of the damage to walkers. No hopping in a ship for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah I feel like Supremacy would have been a much better choice to enable bots for. All you have to do is get to understand "go here".

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The biggest thing about the old games, to me, is the complete and absolute lack of even the tiniest bit of momentum in movement, it's just a mess of binary movements. Even the hyper speed arena shooters of the time had a tiny smudge of momentum to their play, and it makes the gunplay really lovely because targets just jerk all over the place. That's part of why the feel was off even compared to other shooters of the day. The gunplay was messy, the maps were big dull empty spaces. It's honest to god not a very great pair of games. They just did the star wars fantasy aspect well at a time where there wasn't much of that.

New bf just gets it's fundamentals mostly right. It's far from perfect, it's mechanically too light and needed way more content, but as a straight shooter it's just loving better than the old games.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Old battlefront had a ton of vehicle options which was nice. Compare to the new one that had starfighters at-st's and nothing else. New BF2 seems to be fixing this at least. In conclusion Battlefront is a land of contrasts.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Star Wars Battlefront was a pack-in game that also had Tetris on the same disc when I had it on OG xbox. It was awesome because we couldn't afford games for a while and it had multiplayer and bots, and you could play as droidekas. Young me thought it was cool as fuuuuuck but they're simply competently made and I was young. Didn't pandemic make them? I played the poo poo out of mercenaries, they should have also made ster wers mercenaries.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Oh god yes.

Mercs 2 was toss though

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
You guys are gonna make me sad over 1313 again.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I only ever played the first Mercenaries but it was fun as hell. I liked how each character knew a different language.

Also I used health cheats like throughout the whole game.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Skoll posted:

You guys are gonna make me sad over 1313 again.

The best thing about 1313 is that we got a visually interesting trailer and premise, and that it was never released. The game you imagined in your mind is more fun than it probs would have been tbh.

And you're doing it right if you only played Mercs 1 and not 2, which was incredibly rushed and buggy. Just left a sour taste in my mouth. Had to beat it though, you got to play as Satan (Peter Stormare)

I'm assuming BF2 is gonna go on sale (for like a free weekend or something) in January and that's probably the scenario I'd pick it up, but the idea of a grinding out different items in a casual game in addition to the free to play mechanics means I won't pay full price. That's the edge OG Battlefront has over modern day games, as jank as they were. "Unlock All" cheat codes are dead

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I did it guys! And just in time to ramp up for Battlefront 2 (the fourth one)!

ONE THOUSAND GAMES!!!!!

:toot:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

guide me into this sweet night, john boyega

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cross-Section posted:

At least this time it'll launch with more than a handful of maps :v:

e: I hope the PC cap is higher than 20v20

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 26, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
John Boyega is cool, I will buy this.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Still no Galactic Conquest.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

At least this time it'll launch with more than a handful of maps :v:

e: I hope the PC cap is higher than 20v20

I don't believe it was.

I'm actually getting really hype about this -- please don't burn me again

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Madurai posted:

Still no Galactic Conquest.

:trumppop:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cross-Section posted:

So you use points to spawn as special suits now?
I GREATLY prefer that to having randomly spawning pickups on the map (dumb as gently caress)

Is this replacing that or in addition to that?
Do you use points to spawn as spaceships? (hope so, timer based spawning is dumb when you compete to steal the spawn)

loving every game has to have crates of loot now. I'm getting real sick of this poo poo. In some games it makes sense, but in so many others its just an annoying tack-on that drags out unlocks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Lol Captain Phasma is going to have more of a role in Battlefront 2 than she has in the movies :rip:

Really screwed that up, Abrams.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Gatdang do I love reading goon commentary.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I want John Boyega's voice to tell me I'm one hell of a pilot when I get a kill streak in BF2 fighter squadron.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
no 32v32?.. :(

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
That video was awesome, I think I will buy this game.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Chomp8645 posted:

I want John Boyega's voice to tell me I'm one hell of a pilot when I get a kill streak in BF2 fighter squadron.

They can't do that, it will give people murder boners to hear that silky smoothness.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Game looks bad, am not buying.

I hope you guys who decide to plunk down your hard earned money for it enjoy it though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chomp8645 posted:

John Boyega as John Boyega or John Boyega as Finn?
The former, I hope.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chomp8645 posted:

he should be reading for audible or something. he has a soothing voice.

Popete posted:

John Boyega is cool, I will buy this.

yeah. i'll pick it up. plus it has the "shotguns" from republic commando.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

PC requirements for next week's Beta:

Have to admit, I thought I needn't worry about my non-K 6600 for a few more years at least :staredog:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Will they release the beta on consoles, too?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yes. Starts Oct. 4th if you've pre-ordered, 6th if you haven't.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Anti-Hero posted:

Will they release the beta on consoles, too?

Whether they have announced it or not, it is a near certainty there will be a console beta.

All the big name games love open betas. Mainly because they literally aren't betas but just demos that sell a lot of copies.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Cool. I'm leaning toward the PS4 version if for no other reasons than (1) same platform I own the first on and (2) player population health. I don't have a clear read on how the PC crowd will take to it.

I'm objectively a much better player on PC, but that won't matter if people abandon Bfront2 en masse after launch due to lack of server browser and other stuff that gets labeled as consolizations.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Wondering if it's time to upgrade from my 4770k. It's aced almost everything up to this point.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hopefully the beta runs better than the alpha, that ran surprisingly terribly for me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

Hopefully the beta runs better than the alpha, that ran surprisingly terribly for me.

when is the open beta?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

ShineDog posted:

Wondering if it's time to upgrade from my 4770k. It's aced almost everything up to this point.

I'm still trucking with an i7 920, and it will run BF2 fine. You're good.

The loot box dog poo poo is disappointing but I'll play the "beta" to see if it's nice playing as a stick boy, roger roger

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So if I have a bestbuy.com preorder, should I have already gotten any kind of key or anything for the beta? Or are they sending that out the day the beta goes live?

EDIT: Never mind...the redemption code was in my spam folder :geno:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

when is the open beta?

October 6th

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jivjov posted:

So if I have a bestbuy.com preorder, should I have already gotten any kind of key or anything for the beta? Or are they sending that out the day the beta goes live?

EDIT: Never mind...the redemption code was in my spam folder :geno:

i just got my codes. do i just put these in psn? or somewhere else.

EDIT. did it.

have a extra code if anyone wants it for psn.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 27, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I preordered an Xbone copy and they just sent me a standard digital product code to redeem on Xbox.com. I assume PSN codes are the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just got my codes. do i just put these in psn? or somewhere else.

EDIT. did it.

have a extra code if anyone wants it for psn.

I'll take it. I've got PMs.

EDIT: Thanks Dapper!

Popete fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 28, 2017

• Locked thread