Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes, a park management game where you can feed guests to the animals...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I kinda hope there is some DLC crossover with Planet Coaster. Throw us the gates, a t-rex and dinos animatronic and make a tracked ride with the jeeps. Hell it'd work as a nice cross promo.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

WebDog posted:

I kinda hope there is some DLC crossover with Planet Coaster. Throw us the gates, a t-rex and dinos animatronic and make a tracked ride with the jeeps. Hell it'd work as a nice cross promo.

Also a T-Rex bobblehead for Elite: Dangerous, thanks!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dante80 posted:

Build a theme park with Dinosaurs?

A sequel to Operation Genesis?

Sounds fun.
God I've been waiting for a sequel Operation Genesis since it came out, that was the first game I had to go through the files to mod it and I found out how much stuff was cut from the game because it was a deadline release with JP3, hopefully this game won't have as much cut content

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully this game won't have as much cut content
They're called DLCs now. :v:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The Halloween update is going to rule!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The Halloween update is going to rule!

:( I don't have enough money to go on Halloween DLC.

But seriously, I've been addicted to Planet Coaster for the last few weeks. I'm working my way through the career challenges and having a lot of fun.

I wish the career parks were a little less restrictive though - for example, not being able to demolish the money pits on Oak Island.

Oh, wait, I get it!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wish we had more details.

Also, the game (but not the DLC) is on sale for $30 for a week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hey everybody, I created a thing for a new competition with the Channel 5 community. Would love some more up vote ratings :).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1145928061

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The spooky DLC is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65zhUh75rc

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There is also a new and free coaster... but it's just the Reverse Freefall from RCT. So it's just a booster and a vertical tower. (Like Superman at SF:MM)

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Wish they did a better job telling you where new things are. Took me a while to find out the new rides were tracked.

Had to watch a Geekisim breakdown video to see what was added.

There's also friction controls that can be turned off. And i notice security can be disabled.

Oh and the Frontier forums are royally pissed about DLCs. They compare it to the season pack that was free.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

WebDog posted:

Wish they did a better job telling you where new things are. Took me a while to find out the new rides were tracked.

Had to watch a Geekisim breakdown video to see what was added.

There's also friction controls that can be turned off. And i notice security can be disabled.

Oh and the Frontier forums are royally pissed about DLCs. They compare it to the season pack that was free.

The pack seems pretty interesting, though I too wish they gave a better summary of what was included. I had to refer to steam reviews to get a bullet point list I was looking for.

No surprised people are pissed. Give them free things and they think everything should be free. Considering the updates they already put out, I don't feel as though it's unfair to ask for money for packs now. It's not like it adds any new campaign missions.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

64bitrobot posted:

The pack seems pretty interesting, though I too wish they gave a better summary of what was included. I had to refer to steam reviews to get a bullet point list I was looking for.

No surprised people are pissed. Give them free things and they think everything should be free. Considering the updates they already put out, I don't feel as though it's unfair to ask for money for packs now. It's not like it adds any new campaign missions.

It made sense to charge for the "We had to pay extra to liscense this stuff" wacky batmobiles. But the basics of haunted houses that are normally a RTC standard as the long awaited paid cosmetics DLC is something you can understand people getting annoyed over beyond simple "People want everything for free :rolleyes:"

Mister Bones wild ride. Bones sold separately?

Though given the nature of Planet Coaster being so much all about smashing props together, they are kind of stuck on what to charge for normally to be fair. "Okay we gave free gingerbread men. What holidays are left?" I mean, imagine them charging for finally adding a shuttle setting on transport rides.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 27, 2017

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RCT was released in a completely different era of Video gaming. It's a really dumb argument IMO. RCT was released in the era of Expansion Packs, now gaming is DLC packs.

The spooky pack is pretty good and there is a lot of new content that can be used beyond Halloween.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The mobile port of RollerCoaster Tycoon 1/2 is getting released on steam: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
With OpenRCT2 there's probably little to no reason to give that the time of day, unfortunately. I guess if you don't already own either title than this is an option, but OpenRCT2 has active development and has fixed several things from the original games and will continue to do so.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Not to mention backporting a few things like booster track pieces into RCT2

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Is Parkitecht worth a look yet?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

Someone noted a glitch where tracked rides have changeable carts. It appears to be a feature in the works which they're announcing at Expo Con on October 7th.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

WebDog posted:

Someone noted a glitch where tracked rides have changeable carts. It appears to be a feature in the works which they're announcing at Expo Con on October 7th.

I'm assuming this is for Planet Coaster?

Anyone have a field report from the expensive Halloween DLC?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm assuming this is for Planet Coaster?

Anyone have a field report from the expensive Halloween DLC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOIbS6jcSU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

RCT Classic on steam is a bit of a head scratcher. I suppose Atari needs to claw back some cash from the failure of RCT World; which nearly a year on appears to have completely dropped off the devs radar with no updates since May.

I guess if you had no idea about OpenRCT2 you'd buy Classic. However it also appears to not be compatible with existing RCT assets so you can't bring in custom rides from the other games.

Better value to buy both the packs off GOG and load into Open.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I could see an argument for rtcclassic on pc if they got cloud saves to work with my tablet version.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I went to check on RCTW on Steam. Down to $15 less than a year after release. First positive review I saw while scrolling:

quote:

Its 15 dollars now at that id recommend it. I think honestly the hate comes a little to hard. Yes its a little boring. The game gets slow after to many tiles. The music is uninspired. But thats what happens when people collectively judge and demean a game before its done. I think the publishers jusgt need to take a step back and rework this whole thing. Make it worth playing. And if someone paid full price (I paid 20$) refund them or idk offer free keys for the older games.

:allears:

Don't give Atari money.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
somewhere picnic tables were announced for planet coaster

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Doorknob Slobber posted:

somewhere picnic tables were announced for planet coaster

I haven't followed it or anything but today is the Frontier Expo.

The bigger thing though is that there is now categories on Steam for User Generated Content. Might really open the game up.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Also a Water Coaster and a Side-Friction Coaster are coming with that update.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVnk3yT2Lgo

e: Oh, there's more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qSX0kkUbgU

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 9, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Oh my god

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

It just feels very limited. Planet coaster has an immense amount of creativity in ride building and building building. This is just like, plop down an area, lanscape it and throw animals inside it. I feel as though it is very shallow compared to an already somewhat shallow title like planet coaster.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"The first ever screenshot of Jurassic Park" crowd is silent

which was pretty much how I felt, it was a picture of a bunch of trees and two dinosaurs. We're past the point where just putting dinosaurs in your game makes it cool guys

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, those were underwhelming as gently caress. I imagine it will have less management than Planet Coaster.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There already is an old 3d Jurassic Park game where you build a park with dinosaurs but I can't remember the name of it. Not particularly great but it was entertaining for a while.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Operation Genesis I think?

If I recall right, it lacked objectives, much in the way of disaster's to force recovery, or anything to really pressure the player to act.
And then the habitat design was lackluster so there wasn't any incentive to act either.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yes that was the name. Hopefully this will be better but my cynicism is telling me it's going to be even more limited and have fewer kinds of dinos in it.

The game kept spawning tornadoes which always pathed across some of your stuff and then the game yelled at you for letting your janitors get sucked up and die even though there was no way to prevent it other than to fire them all and rehire them afterwards.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The one dude who couldn't bother to even get a dress shirt said something about hiring experts who fight each other for resources, though, which is a different element.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's almost like the video game based off a movie might not be the game of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

yet ironically Jurassic Park was one of the very few license games that Ocean put out way back when which wasn't abject garbage and/or guilty of cookie-cutting in the first degree