Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

steinrokkan posted:

yeah, gently caress you hercule poirot, you poo poo

I have friends who are really excited about the mystery of Murder on the Orient Express.

I thought everyone knew the ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The train did it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

poly and open-minded posted:

I have friends who are really excited about the mystery of Murder on the Orient Express.

I thought everyone knew the ending

It's a really good twist and easily a top reason to not casually spoil poo poo just because people think it's well-known. Same with The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, or And Then There Were None.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm cautiously excited about the new movie but good loving luck besting David Suchet as Poirot. No chance. It probably won't be as good as his version.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

A few years ago the head admin on the Silent Hill wikia started changing all the entries in a really weird way; making nearly everyone and everything in Silent Hill about circumcision.

Holy poo poo that was in 2015? It feels like so long ago

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Dog with a Blog," a TV show about a talking dog who maintained a blog, ran for 69 episodes over 3 seasons.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Nice.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Imagine the cognitive dissonance if Obama had somehow been born on the flight deck of the USS Ronald Reagan during active combat.

E: does natural born preclude c-section, birth after death of mother, extremely premature birth, surrogate wombs, fertility treatments, being conceived despite prophylactics or contraceptives, etc?

It is the vaguest of terms that you could interpret however you want.

None of woman born shall become president

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

flatluigi posted:

It's a really good twist and easily a top reason to not casually spoil poo poo just because people think it's well-known. Same with The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, or And Then There Were None.

As a good little bit of "thing that actually happened" look up the original title.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

As a good little bit of "thing that actually happened" look up the original title.

british people were insanely loving racist pre-WWII, in other news fire hot

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The train did it.

You're thinking of Anna Karenina.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

british people were insanely loving racist pre-WWII, in other news fire hot

And post-WWII as well.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Trump said he "schlonged" Hillary, and then kept incredulously and emphatically defending it by claiming "what? It's a saying! Everybody says it all the time! It's a common expression!"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

big trivia FAIL posted:

Trump said he "schlonged" Hillary, and then kept incredulously and emphatically defending it by claiming "what? It's a saying! Everybody says it all the time! It's a common expression!"

Trump also described the logistics of helping Puerto Rico by saying "It's an island... It's surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water."

I mean, points for being able to successfully define what an Island is....

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Then he handed out paper towels to hurricane survivors.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

suuma posted:

Then he handed out paper towels to hurricane survivors.

Not just handed out, but tossed them like t-shirts at football game.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Comna posted:

Not just handed out, but tossed them like t-shirts at football game.

You know that theory that our reality is a computer simulation? The Trump presidency has convinced me it's true. Somewhere in objective reality, someone just wanted to see what would happen if someone blatantly unsuitable for the role was voted in, then used a cheat code to make it happen. We're living in a hosed up Sims game.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Sunswipe posted:

You know that theory that our reality is a computer simulation? The Trump presidency has convinced me it's true. Somewhere in objective reality, someone just wanted to see what would happen if someone blatantly unsuitable for the role was voted in, then used a cheat code to make it happen. We're living in a hosed up Sims game.

Trump is like when goons make a concerted effort to troll a MMORPG and utterly screw with the entire fundamentals of the previous status quo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he's a gold seller from Russia

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phantasium posted:

he's a gold seller from Russia

that's bannon

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

flatluigi posted:

The best thing about Agatha Christie is she wrote enough books to cover nearly every concievable twist.

Or maybe the best thing the self insert she repeatedly wrote in to complain about having to write novels about a foreign detective from a country she knew nothing about.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fools Infinite posted:

The best thing about Agatha Christie is she wrote enough books to cover nearly every concievable twist.

she's no dog with a blog, I tell you what

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im a dude w a tude

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm a turd with a ... fist

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm a turd with a ... fist

Sounds like you've got a winning character for an early 2000s flash cartoon my friend

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
"The U.S. president said he could not understand why a country of samurai warriors did not shoot down the missiles, the sources said."

The president of the United States was genuinely confused as to why japan didn’t use samurais to shoot down a North Korean missile.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Kiebland posted:

"The U.S. president said he could not understand why a country of samurai warriors did not shoot down the missiles, the sources said."

The president of the United States was genuinely confused as to why japan didn’t use samurais to shoot down a North Korean missile.

Is Segata Sanshiro available?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Zatoichi was assigned to monitor the missile defense console. The error has since been corrected.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I hear Japan's missiles are folded over 1000 times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rough Lobster posted:

I hear Japan's missiles are folded over 1000 times.

Crafted by master Missilaku, each missile is s said to have its own soul.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Guys who had their balls cut off were hugely politically powerful for thousands of years over vast parts of the globe

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

An adorable cat was the boss of a Japanese train station

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i can tell they're true cats. theyre just waiting for it to pass over so they can go back to sleeping and/or eating.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Powaqoatse posted:

i can tell they're true cats. theyre just waiting for it to pass over so they can go back to sleeping and/or eating.

There's always a quantum-uncertanty of them turning around and clawing each other's / the people's face off.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pneub posted:

There's always a quantum-uncertanty of them turning around and clawing each other's / the people's face off.

thats the chaos element, you cant count on it

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Big Word posted:

An adorable cat was the boss of a Japanese train station

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama_%28cat%29?wprov=sfla1

quote:

In January 2008, Tama was promoted to "super station master" in a ceremony attended by the president of the company and the mayor; as a result of her promotion, she was "the only female in a managerial position" in the company.
lol

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Feeelines

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nothing more than ..... feeelines

Whoa-o-o feeelines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek