Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Getting it on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I preordered for the atari jaguar through blockbuster

Alien vs predator was that real poo poo back in the day on Jaguar

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.

vyst posted:

Alien vs predator was that real poo poo back in the day on Jaguar

So glad I'm reading this. AvP for Jaguar legitimately was one of the best game experiences of my life. When I was at Daycare I would sneak upstairs to my sitters son's room and watch him play that poo poo for hours.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm still hoping to get a 3do and a cheapo Jag one day. AvP is a p.neat game on it.

As for this mess (but fun) of a game, I might go the pc route if I see more goons go there.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ps4 because PC community will die very quickly due to hackers

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

Ps4 because PC community will die very quickly due to hackers

Same here for the same reason

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Is the starfighter mode hackable? I haven't played an online flight game since WWII Fighters in like 1999 so I have no idea if the servers to things like War Thunder or Rise of Flight are full of hackers

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Haven't really come across a hacker in war thunder planes yet. Don't think I've seen one in a plane in Battlefield 1, despite constantly getting called one. Its kinda rare to run into a blatant hacker, but its usually someone on the ground.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible though.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Symetrique posted:

Haven't really come across a hacker in war thunder planes yet. Don't think I've seen one in a plane in Battlefield 1, despite constantly getting called one. Its kinda rare to run into a blatant hacker, but its usually someone on the ground.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was possible though.

The only "hacks" I've ever come across in air combat for Battlefield in the last several years was ping manipulation I'm BF3/4. You were pretty much unhittable and your position would sometimes desync allowing you to handily win dogfights.

It's far more common to see hacking in infantry play.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe dumb question, but but kind of hacks people use out there? We with our buddies play a lot of Battlefront 1 nowadays, and the experience is so erratic (sometimes we just get steamrolled to oblivion by single guys), and we don't really know if it's hackers or we just suck.

e: to clarify: are people able to hack in more HP, damage resistance, extra damage, etc? Or is it more nuanced, like playing with your ping?

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The hacks that I usually encounter are the basics such as aim botting or damage boosts. Plenty of times where I've been one shot across the map by an EE-3.

If there are more nuanced hacks out there I either haven't noticed them or never ran into them.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

moosecow333 posted:

The hacks that I usually encounter are the basics such as aim botting or damage boosts. Plenty of times where I've been one shot across the map by an EE-3.

If there are more nuanced hacks out there I either haven't noticed them or never ran into them.

Getting one-shot always felt like a cheat; good to know.

(I've only played PvP in this and Crysis 3, so I'm not really familiar with the basics, even)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Jim DiGriz posted:

Maybe dumb question, but but kind of hacks people use out there? We with our buddies play a lot of Battlefront 1 nowadays, and the experience is so erratic (sometimes we just get steamrolled to oblivion by single guys), and we don't really know if it's hackers or we just suck.

e: to clarify: are people able to hack in more HP, damage resistance, extra damage, etc? Or is it more nuanced, like playing with your ping?

A lot of games also have ESP programs.. Basically radar/wall hacks and aimbots.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

A lot of games also have ESP programs.. Basically radar/wall hacks and aimbots.

That also explains a lot, actually.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't know where else to put this but EA is shutting down Visceral and "overhauling" their Star Wars game:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16490960/ea-closing-visceral-games-star-wars-game-delayed

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
As a light fan of the uncharted series, I have to say daaaym Amy hennig left naughty dog to work on this for like 3 years only to get shitcanned. Ouch

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I don't know where else to put this but EA is shutting down Visceral and "overhauling" their Star Wars game:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/17/16490960/ea-closing-visceral-games-star-wars-game-delayed

I've been reading about this all day. Unbelievable.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Reading between the lines of PR-speak, it really sounds like they were mad that Visceral was making a tight, narrative SP experience, because marketing wanted to turn it into another microtransactionfest.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Reading between the lines of PR-speak, it really sounds like they were mad that Visceral was making a tight, narrative SP experience, because marketing wanted to turn it into another microtransactionfest.

This is exacltly how it read to me as well. They are "looking into the trends of the marketplace" is just another way to say "we are locking the different endings of the game behind lootcrates"

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
B-but, a " 'story-based, linear adventure' in the style of Naughty Dog's Uncharted series" sounds groovy. "A broader experience that allows for more variety and player agency, leaning into the capabilities of our Frostbite engine and reimagining central elements of the game to give players a Star Wars adventure of greater depth and breadth to explore" sounds lame I just wanna do some Dash Rendar poo poo and go pew pew. Rippp the studio, that sucks :smith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They should "lean in" to a toilet.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

God damnit I want a linear single player experience with a ton of dope, curated set pieces from the Star Wars universe.

It's like Star Wars 1313 all over again.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Beastie posted:

God damnit I want a linear single player experience with a ton of dope, curated set pieces from the Star Wars universe.

It's like Star Wars 1313 all over again.

A picture of the future: a microtransaction DLC stomping on a human credit card-- forever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

omg chael crash posted:

RIP my last hope for a non-Battlefront Star Wars game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
On the flip side, what if the game sucked and that's why it was restructured?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It was restructured because some one came in and added 3 more zeroes to their revenue goal.

Edit: I'm really going to hold off on this game. None of my friends are getting it. To be honest, it doesn't seem to support the kind of team gameplay you find in a Battlefield game anyways.

Here's to hoping we get a Rogue Squadron game when that movie comes out in like 2020-something.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Popete posted:

This happens more than people think. A lot more, probably.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

:wth:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Beastie posted:

Here's to hoping we get a Rogue Squadron game when that movie comes out in like 2020-something.

I hope it follows the book and we get the weirdo cast including BoShekk Horseman.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I hope it follows the book and we get the weirdo cast including BoShekk Horseman.

Which book? I think the first one was just training and then the assault on Borleias that killed half the squad.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Another dead developer for EA's corpse pile.
Who want to bet on which is next on the chopping block? My guess is Bioware if their Destiny clone flops. Which it probably will.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Goddammit. I was looking forward to Stars War: Battlefront: Hardline so much.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

And not only is this dumb because the game sounds cool and people don't want microtransactionfests, but worse they're making the same mistake they always do where they try to flood the market with the first thing they think will be profitable and drive it into the ground, like Rock Band and all its sequels. If they'd handled that poo poo right they could keep on collecting easy fees for DLC but they kept pushing new games and hardware and poo poo and they just made everybody sick of it.

Game publishers are awful :( Just like movie studios.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/920709214993035265

Maybe they did learn something from ME: Andromeda.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
New story trailer. Dadmrial Versio is cool and good and totally won't order his homeworld killed when someone fucks up, nope. Not at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

Cool to see the AT-ATs being dropped in by the Gozanti cruisers like in Rebels. I guess Naboo gets occupied again.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Naboo just can't stop getting occupied. It's a real problem for them!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Looks good. Not sure it's worth 60 bucks when the SP is the only thing that appeals, but I will wait for a sale.

Chomp8645 posted:

They say Padme Amadala was a hero for being stoic when her planet was invaded by robots. Folks, I like the planets that don't get occupied!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Sheev's hometown will always be in the news.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I bet on Naboo notices for public events come with term "invasion status permitting" the same way we use "weather permitting".

Oh shucks, we're being invaded again. Gonna have to reschedule that concert for next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

When you’re filling out forms on Naboo and it gets to Occupation, people answer “Yes” or “Not currently”

• Locked thread