Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rhonne posted:

Instead of the Raw roster getting revenge, Braun should just show up and beat up everyone on Smackdown, then beat up everyone on 205 Live, then everyone on Raw.

i liked the idea someone floated of the garbage truck pulling up to smackdown, braun breaking out of it and then murdering everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

He'd lose faster and that'd be another thing quickly ruined

It shows restraint that even with a major injury and two more minor injuries, the Demon is still undefeated after over a year on the main roster. No other character made it past 6 months (Nia 6, Joe 5)

Those aren't particularly funny numbers...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i liked the idea someone floated of the garbage truck pulling up to smackdown, braun breaking out of it and then murdering everyone

I'm keen on the idea that random members of SD are shown to be laid out and people don't know who's doing it. You have like New Day and Rusev walking around the back and right before the lights go out you see Braun's massive arms grab someone and pull them in systematically taking them all out like the loving Predator. Then you just have Kevin and Sami in a skybox eating popcorn and laughing just to have Braun appear and toss them off like lawn darts.

Edit: Even better you have Braun and Auska invade everything happening backstage, have Braun rampage through an episode of UUDD and the Madden Challenge unexpectedly, Auska breaking into an episode of Total Divas and making all the SD members submit before kicking them in the face, ultimately having an hour long fight with Shinsuke in the middle of the ring, Braun popping up from the backseats of the SD member's cars kicking their rear end and making them crash during Ride Along.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 24, 2017

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope the big dog invades Smackdown singlehandedly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They really should have Owens, Sami, and the Miz form their own Survivor Series team of guys who hate their bosses.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Yea, it's like I get it WWE, you gotta' build for Survivor Series, but that whole backstage assault thing left a bad taste in my mouth. For me at least, it made everyone on SD look like assholes, made Shane look like an even bigger rear end in a top hat, and just made everyone on RAW look like a joke. I have no issue with say, some heels showing up on their own without Shane to start some poo poo, but having everyone in on it just looks off.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro posted:

Braun popping up from the backseats of the SD member's cars kicking their rear end and making them crash during Ride Along.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quasipox posted:

Yea, it's like I get it WWE, you gotta' build for Survivor Series, but that whole backstage assault thing left a bad taste in my mouth. For me at least, it made everyone on SD look like assholes, made Shane look like an even bigger rear end in a top hat, and just made everyone on RAW look like a joke. I have no issue with say, some heels showing up on their own without Shane to start some poo poo, but having everyone in on it just looks off.

Having Becky and the My Little Pony Freebirds acting like a hooting bloodthirsty horde was kinda off brand. Coulda been the Usos there? Corbin kinda shouldn't have been in the schmuck patrol, neither.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I assume Angle will be on Team Raw and Shane will be on Team SmackDown. Then Owens and Zayn will kill Shane and he will have to be replaced by a different SmackDown authority figure:

interim commissioner Hulk Hogan.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Having Becky and the My Little Pony Freebirds acting like a hooting bloodthirsty horde was kinda off brand. Coulda been the Usos there? Corbin kinda shouldn't have been in the schmuck patrol, neither.

Last year they had Bayley stomping a mudhole in Nikki Bella in a 5-on-1 sneak attack beatdown for no real reason.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 24, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I love Kane but he really has no business beating Finn loving Balor in TYOOL 2017. Especially after Finn just beat AJ Styles clean.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

I assume Angle will be on Team Raw and Shane will be on Team SmackDown. Then Owens and Zayn will kill Shane and he will have to be replaced by a different SmackDown authority figure:

Last year they had Bayley stomping a mudhole in Nikki Bella in a 5-on-1 sneak attack beatdown for no real reason.

looks more like punching her mudhole

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

I love Kane but he really has no business beating Finn loving Balor in TYOOL 2017. Especially after Finn just beat AJ Styles clean.

You misspelled tooL

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

If this doesn't lead to Sami and Owens ending up on Team Raw just to gently caress with Shane I'll be sad

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If this doesn't lead to Sami and Owens ending up on Team Raw just to gently caress with Shane I'll be sad

It would be cool if they do an interference spot.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That would also be Extremely Good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The invasion angle would have been better if the Smackdown women finished beating up the Raw women, moved into the next room and saw Asuka, and slowly backed out again

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

It's rare that I agree with your posts but this is a good one and a good idea that should happen.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

It's rare that I agree with your posts but this is a good one and a good idea that should happen.

People use that qualifier a lot for some reason.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd also accept them being on Team SD and getting themselves immediately eliminated to start the match and give Raw a 5/3 advantage

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What I like about the yearly SD vs. RAW rivalry event is that it seems to imply everyone on the roster is a raging violent sociopath who is simply looking for an excuse to hurt other people

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd also accept them being on Team SD and getting themselves immediately eliminated to start the match and give Raw a 5/3 advantage

Edge and Jericho, during John Cena's Stupid Team of loving Idiots, doing what was expected of them when John hand-picked them.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Outside of Becky, I was fine with the whole solidarity gang war thing. It's all about value. Sure, Ziggler and Roode both hate each other, but they know that if Smackdown looks like chumps compared to Raw, then they just look like two jerks slumming it on the B-show no matter who wins their feud. Most of the locker room would love to see Jinder get his comeuppance, but not against Brock. If Brock squashes Jinder, then what the hell is everyone on their show fighting for?

If anything, the Smackdown locker room should band together to make sure the Singh Brothers are a non-factor in Jinder vs. AJ, just so they have a fighting chance at not looking like complete clowns.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I'm happy with the invasion. It gives the roster of RAW a real reason to team up together despite their alignments other than just, "welp, its that time of year again".

Its also the kind of thing Shane would do, even if he is a babyface currently. Hell, he has done it in the past. Shane was a face when he "bought" WCW from under Vince's nose and kicked off The INvasion.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They killed all of Finn's momentum by jobbing him all the way out to Kane (but gotta keep that up-and-coming looking strong, amirite)
I don't see the point in doing almost the same Asuka-Emma match as at TLC with the same result, Asuka is now just another wrestler since she's only on Emma's level
Some of the Smackdown invaders don't make any sense. Ziggler has been making enemies left and right and now he's just one of the SD guys? AJ teamed with Seth and Dean earlier in the night and now he hates them? What have the New Day got against Raw considering they had their biggest success there?

cams posted:

they should start chanting "you suck" during roman's entrance

YOUsuck
YOUsuck
YOUsuck
YOU SUCK

DarkstarIV posted:

And the more I look at this card, the more I realize there are a LOT of heel vs heel matches. This card is going to suck unless there are a lot of title changes b/w now and then.

You have Miz vs Corbin, Lesnar vs Mahal (although Lesnar is probably a tweener here), Alexa vs Natalya.

Lesnar will get cheered to the rafters against Jinder loving Mahal.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I like about the yearly SD vs. RAW rivalry event is that it seems to imply everyone on the roster is a raging violent sociopath who is simply looking for an excuse to hurt other people

It just doesn't make sense, because the shows aren't in direct competition with each other and they have mixed up the roster several times already. Why would happy go lucky faces, the new day all of the sudden assault other faces unprovoked?

But regardless, it was a cool visual. Even if there's no real internal logic to it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Chris James 2 posted:

It makes no sense they'd be on Team SD when its captained by Shane despite the fact it would be stupid to not book Sami and Kevin on the show when they're the hottest angle on the brand.

Roode, Nakamura, Styles, Owens, Zayn is the actual lineup they should use, so of course we're getting Shane and Randy Orton.

The Raw team is going to be garbage because every other actual star on Raw is in a different match already or is violently sick.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Both teams are going to have a ton of midcarders anyway at this point with how the rest of the card's looking. Like by default there will be no champs there

Might as well make the match at least interesting/funny

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope Sami just kicks Orton in the dick tonight and says he won't fight for Shane.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kane should swap gimmicks with Bayley.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Both teams are going to have a ton of midcarders anyway at this point with how the rest of the card's looking. Like by default there will be no champs there

Might as well make the match at least interesting/funny

Curt Hawkins/Axe Man/Heath Slater/Matt Hardy/Elias

vs.

Dillinger/Breeze/Fandango/Ziggler/Mike Kanellis

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Push El Burrito posted:

Kane should swap gimmicks with Bayley.

Only if they play a pyro sound effect when the tube men go up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone find the drawing of bayley doing the kane pose and tubemen coming out of the ring posts

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Maybe the run-up to Survivor Series is the Purge for WWE

shapedlikeafriend
Oct 24, 2017

plzlikeme
Survivor Series better have a Aiden English and Elias singing contest somewhere on it or else I'm knocking on Vince's door.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Angry Grimace posted:

Honestly I'd love for Hulk Hogan to come back to WWE in a management role

I've mentioned this before but I could totally see this ending with Sami and Kevin jumping ship to Raw

St Evan Echoes posted:

someone find the drawing of bayley doing the kane pose and tubemen coming out of the ring posts

I need to see this

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shapedlikeafriend posted:

Survivor Series better have a Aiden English and Elias singing contest somewhere on it or else I'm knocking on Vince's door.

Does Volkov have a legends contract? Add him and R-Truth.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm sure tonight we'll see RAW attacking Smackdown

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Win or lose, I want to see Jinder make disparaging comments about Brock's German heritage

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Win or lose, I want to see Jinder make disparaging comments about Brock's German heritage

I am here to announce that I have a FINAL SOLUTION to Brock Lesnar's reign at the top of the WWE.

Survivor Series will be renamed to the Night of Broken Asses after I am through with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

• Locked thread