Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nia could probably spend a year with STARDOM and come back a really good wrestler, and maybe even be paid better because you know how much Vince loves when a wrestler pretends like they don't need him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Jinder Mahal is going to beat Brock 100% clean in an out of nowhere six-star match by doing all of Okada's moves better than Okada does them and also a Canadian Destroyer Pedigree like I saw one guy do in a video from Singapore Pro Wrestling or something.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It's weird to me how much poo poo people give wrestlers for wanting out. If Nia is unhappy and doesn't want to be apart of the WWE machine anymore, than more power to her.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the only thing i love more than the rock's cousin nia jax, is all of you, the posters of wrestlehut 2000

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thanks. going to preview this reply instead of posting it straight to the board in case there's any problems. looks good. not previewing this part ever since the, "looks good" so hopefully it comes out fine

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Big Show has spent years being sent away to stop being so fat and improve but they won't take Nia off and train her because she's a woman I guess and she's not worth as much.

I think everyone should leave WWE. Maybe then they'd actually treat their EMPLOYEES right. I love it when talent tells them to gently caress off. Go Nia!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
It's also a salient point that she's gotta be catching a lot of poo poo backstage for her weight/body type. I mean this is the same company that's actively poo poo on Kevin Owens for his size and bullied a star commentator for the crime of 'having a history of mental illness.' The WWE is a bizarre carny time capsule of poo poo coupled with unfettered corporate avarice.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think if we spent less time criticizing people for being fat, being women, being untalented, liking the Destiny franchise, incorrectly using a comma and omitting a period from your post, or treating your employees poorly, and instead spent more time at the dinner table with our families, well, maybe Puerto Rico wouldn't be in the state it's in now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JT Smiley posted:

It's weird to me how much poo poo people give wrestlers for wanting out. If Nia is unhappy and doesn't want to be apart of the WWE machine anymore, than more power to her.

I for one am ecstatic that she doesn't want to be a part of the WWE machine, since that means she will no longer be ruining things that I might be able to enjoy otherwise.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

I for one am ecstatic that she doesn't want to be a part of the WWE machine, since that means she will no longer be ruining things that I might be able to enjoy otherwise.

The only thing that's ruining things you might enjoy is the WWE. Ultimately they're the ones who pushed someone who wasn't ready because they liked their look/had the right connections #Roman #Jinder

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa Bliss is better than Bayley and Sasha in every way. I hope she has a long and memorable career in the world wrestling entertainment (wwe) company

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's also a salient point that she's gotta be catching a lot of poo poo backstage for her weight/body type. I mean this is the same company that's actively poo poo on Kevin Owens for his size and bullied a star commentator for the crime of 'having a history of mental illness.' The WWE is a bizarre carny time capsule of poo poo coupled with unfettered corporate avarice.

This, a thousand times this. The two instances you have mentioned are men, but it is worse for women.

Sure there is the Women's Revolution, (thank you Stephanie), but never forget this is a company that had the face announcer shout "puppies" at any opportunity, called Molly Holly out for having a fat arse, (and it was the faces doing the body shaming), and mocked Bayley for being a sexless ugly virgin just because she chooses not to dress like a slut. (Also a company that used slut and bitch as their main pejorative insults.)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reform Too Cool but with Nia and the Fashion Police, imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#freerovert

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Gumball Gumption posted:

Get a load of this capitalist

Do you think everyone deserves to get whatever they want from their employer? lol

I don't think anyone has said she doesn't have every right to walk out and for that matter that WWE sucks and is a bad employer so good for her.

But yeah, actually being good at your job is generally a prerequisite for making demands

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s not like they even pay good anymore unless you’re in the top tier. Why ruin your body for McDonald’s money?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But yeah, actually being good at your job is generally a prerequisite for making demands
lmfao if you don’t think nepotism and cronyism are rife in every single industry on this godforsaken planet

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
In matters of labour vs. management in sports most people align with management for whatever reason.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s because many people in general and most sports fans in particular are inveterate scum, OP

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Do you think everyone deserves to get whatever they want from their employer? lol

I don't think anyone has said she doesn't have every right to walk out and for that matter that WWE sucks and is a bad employer so good for her.

Most people are lovely at their jobs:

"The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by educator Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence"."

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
this miiiiight be a good time to confess that i used to think nia jax's theme lyrics were "im a monstar" and that nia had a space jam gimmick and maybe alexa was a nerdluck (pre-monstar)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Nia's theme was terrible. It's like they thought it was fitting just because it said the words "I'm a monster!" at the start of it. But it didn't sound intimidating at all.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Kawalimus posted:

Nia's theme was terrible. It's like they thought it was fitting just because it said the words "I'm a monster!" at the start of it. But it didn't sound intimidating at all.

The lyrics were actually “I’m not like most girls” but i wouldn’t blame anyone for not realizing that

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Hey guys, I always thought the best way to sell a Brock challenger was to have them do a few German duplexes of their own on Brock. I'd love to see Brock and Jinder trade German suplexes like other wrestlers trade elbows

But then I imagined Roman trying to suplex Brock and now I can't stop laughing lol

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Billzasilver posted:

Hey guys, I always thought the best way to sell a Brock challenger was to have them do a few German duplexes of their own on Brock.

you probably need a German real estate license even if you’re only trading duplexes

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/923536906591395845

Congrats to the WWE for still making money despite attendance being lower.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Since Rovert's not here, I guess I have to carry his bags. Ahem:

Wow, congrats to Dave for actually mentioning in the SOBserver who was #behindthecurtain at the Performance Center. Welcome to the worst company in the world, ronda rousey

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

Wow, congrats to Dave for actually mentioning in the SOBserver who was #behindthecurtain at the Performance Center. Welcome to the worst company in the world, ronda rousey

Feed asuka to Ronda imo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cavauro posted:

it's the same with all athletics, sports, etc. Bad ball players don't get the equivalent of a "push"

So it's not the same at all, because bad wrestlers get pushes all the time, see Mahal, Jinder

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

So it's not the same at all, because bad wrestlers get pushes all the time, see Mahal, Jinder

It's a lot easier to justify Jinder's push, even if it is unwarranted. WWE apparently sees a market in India (even though there really isn't one), and pushing him because of that. He's probably dropping the title soon after the tour, and will be back to jobbing on Main Event a few months later.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Jinder's carrying the title until Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Jinder's carrying the title until Wrestlemania.

:woop:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

This is not an embedded tweet from your own Twitter account.

You suck at this.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From the latest Observer (emphasis mine)

quote:

WWE is looking to shop around several new reality show ideas for television. One would be a show built around Miz and Maryse, living in Hollywood as a Hollywood star couple, with their celebrity friends, like Ryan Cabrera and Avril Lavigne. According to PW Insider, the working title for the show would be “The It Couple.” It would be another spinoff from Total Divas since Maryse has been on the cast meaning Miz has appeared with her. Another idea is for a 2018 version of the Diva Search, since that idea did bring in a ton of talent who had strong runs with the company, including the Bellas (who never actually made the cut but were first spotted in tryouts), Maryse, Michelle McCool, Layla, Rosa Mendes, Candice Michelle, Christy Hemme, Maria Kanellis, Ashley Massaro, Krstal Marshall, Eve Torres, Taryn Terrell and others who had shorter stints with the company.

Why???? :psyduck:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

It's a lot easier to justify Jinder's push, even if it is unwarranted. WWE apparently sees a market in India (even though there really isn't one), and pushing him because of that. He's probably dropping the title soon after the tour, and will be back to jobbing on Main Event a few months later.

I totally understand (though disagree with) why they're doing it, but that doesn't stop "bad wrestlers don't get pushes" being completely untrue.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

I totally understand (though disagree with) why they're doing it, but that doesn't stop "bad wrestlers don't get pushes" being completely untrue.

The problem with that argument is that who else in WWE at the time was from India/has Indian heritage?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

The problem with that argument is that who else in WWE at the time was from India/has Indian heritage?

AOP and Aliyah were/are both in NXT.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

DarkstarIV posted:

From the latest Observer (emphasis mine)

Why???? :psyduck:

Say what you will but anything that brought the world LayCool was an overall victory.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Jinder Mahal is a bad wrestler and he's getting a push. All the reasons why don't change either of those two facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Watch the 2018 Diva Search, where you can hear someone get called a cum-guzzling slut, LIVE on the WWE Network for only $9.99!

• Locked thread