Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NowonSA posted:

At least the indie scene is somehow able to actually provide a good living now, so Emma and the rest can probably slide in to something better than the undying husk of TNA.

We've been overdue for a purge anyway, they have so many people who they just don't put on T.V. anymore or put them on constantly losing and treading water.

I'm actually surprised that Titus isn't out too. R-Truth is another one that wouldn't surprise me to see them fire, but I guess they want to keep him on tap for the occasional random match or goofy backstage segment.

Titus is a pr powerhouse and good on the stick. Uhaa Nation might get the boot. I hope so, he couldn't be getting too much more than what he'd be getting on the indies at this point, and maybe he'll get the mythic WWE Alumni boost to his booking price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/924680160703422466

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Can't wait for a ton of speculation behind this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/924682471727423493

Nothing will most likely happen however, its probably just Rusev working everyone. Again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Dunno, but his last match on WWE RAW was December 26th of 2016.

His last house show was October 21st of 2017.

Weird. It's not on ProfightDB.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rusev would probably be used 100x better elsewhere, idk how they've dropped the ball with him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Darren is not that good but he seems like a nice guy so I hope things work out.

The other two, I hope to see them in many indies very soon.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Weird. It's not on ProfightDB.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=185600

There you go. He was in a tag team match with Curt Hawkins.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Glad this guy still has a job!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Y'know what, Curt Hawkins was brought back to be a jobber, he probably knew that and he took it and kinda did something fun with it. Curt Hawkins is Good.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I have fond memories of Summer being the only good part about the women's tag match at Mania 32. She spent the entire thing on the apron shrieking and cowering whenever anyone came after her, then when they turned around she'd kick them and laugh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WrasslorMonkey posted:

the day is barely half over

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
From a few weeks ago

https://twitter.com/CultofBryan/status/924686495851728898

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I would like Rollins and Owens to form a new alliance called the Rollins/Owens Destruction District, and be kind of like Owens/Jericho except they're the Raw and Smackdown champs, and get to ignore the brand split like they're Hall & Nash or what have you. And they will do flippy indie movies that I enjoyed in ROH days of yore. And the booking will be Heyman level clever and stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've heard Rhyno and Heath might be added to the list before the day's over, and just wanted to say I'll be sad if 3MB is separated again just as one member is WWE champ and another is NXT champ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I've heard Rhyno and Heath might be added to the list before the day's over, and just wanted to say I'll be sad if 3MB is separated again just as one member is WWE champ and another is NXT champ

:rip: Nexus.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Aiden English is a rumour I heard.

People do get spared in situations like this. A release only happens when it gets announced.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 29, 2017

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

but how will i ever find out if the butchers get the SRW tag titles back

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God drat it's a purge today huh? Is there any particular significance to doing it all today or is it just an arbitrary day they picked to trim the roster?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Aiden English is a rumour I heard.

People do get spared in situations like. A release only happens when it gets announced.

That would be wild, didn't Dave just say they were planning to have him and Rusev be a team

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I guess you could say it's their

End of Days :smug:

e: Wait no that was the Corre what have I done :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

God drat it's a purge today huh? Is there any particular significance to doing it all today or is it just an arbitrary day they picked to trim the roster?

Even for purge days this is notable. Most purge days I recall happened on a Friday, this is the first I've ever seen on a Sunday

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

That would be wild, didn't Dave just say they were planning to have him and Rusev be a team

Rusev IS GETTING RELEASED TOO :unsmigghh:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

tweet my meat posted:

It's the 11 year anniversary of this: https://streamable.com/dfxof

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If they get Aiden too I'm gonna be legitimately upset because Aiden managed to make that stupid loving gimmick work somehow.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The funniest part of this will be if Neville isn't released.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Aiden is good. WWE is 2 for 2 right now on singing gimmicks. They shouldn't gently caress it up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean that's obvious. Like with Punk, if he wants to be on the indies they know he'll be valuable, and holding him till a random date in the far future (or just until it's set to end naturally) will decrease that value in theory

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

I could totally see them not releasing him just to gently caress him and other promotions over. For some reason the situation reminds me of when Daniel Bryan was released for like, a month, and everyone laughed at them for potentially letting go of such a huge loving star

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Free Metallik

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

BWV posted:

Aiden is good. WWE is 2 for 2 right now on singing gimmicks. They shouldn't gently caress it up

Aiden vs Elias is the bottom card dream match

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

elias is good though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Efexeye posted:

elias is good though

I mean except for the whole wrestling thing.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

I mean except for the whole wrestling thing.

like that matters in teh WWE

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jtg1284/status/477169517723152385

https://twitter.com/Jtg1284/status/924684868075905025

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Heath Slater is a survivor

Last Nexus Standing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Emma......... :smith:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The male writers finally got revenge on Emma for ruining their "Hot woman is hot" angle with Emmalina which would have been the storyline of 2017. Now they're going to get revenge on Rusev, Lana, Ziggler, and Summer Rae for ruining 2015's best story, the love quadrangle.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pinwiz11 posted:

Emma......... :smith:

She might get one of those leftover breast cancer belts in her severance package.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In case anyone thought she asked for her release or knew this was coming

https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/924695421569716225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If they release Heath gently caress this company to death.

• Locked thread