Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
There's stray cat and casting mute on gau before he uses the intangir rage.

There's even more horseshit in WoR but we aren't there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
We'll get there eventually. I'll try and get an update out soon. I've been job hunting and busy with the little koopa.

Sorry, guys! :sweatdrop:

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
Take your time, dude. This is a hobby, not a job.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've been entertaining myself with watching liquidypoo's random FF6 run, and doing one of my own.

I'm all caught up to the videos too. Hang in there, Leave.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I can't believe I missed this LP by Leave, especially since I was LOOKING to see if he'd started another one when I joined. :eng99:

Watching the poo poo out of this thread. :allears:

(good luck with the job hunt)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Yes, good luck, Leave. Hope everything will be fine and you can update again soon. I and other fans will bump the thread when we can if you want us to.

Anyone who needs a fantasy game fix can check out the LP of Choice of Games' CYOA series the Lost Heir Trilogy I'm running right now. I won't directly link to the thread here without Leave's explicit permission, but you can search the boards. Not competing with Leave in an unfriendly manner, just plugging my work. Permission is assumed since I have contributed to this thread with the missed monster list. If such assumption is wrong, Leave or a moderator can PM me and take appropriate action. I will gladly remove this paragraph if they so request.

Again, good luck, Leave.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Fifty Three: Resident Evil: Operation Jidoor

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we picked up Terra, and put her back in the party. Today, we're going to go get Wendy, so let's roll.

You might be wondering where ol' Wendy is hiding out.

She's in super-rich Jidoor. I gotta say, for having been through an apocalypse, they came out pretty good.

Just a smidge, yeah.

Yes, I wonder, too.

I happen to know, for fact, that Gestahl was turned into a puddle upon hitting the ground at terminal velocity.

I'm not sure why. The guy is kind of responsible for why the world is the way it is right now. Not as responsible as Kefka, but still, he's up there.

Over by the auction house is this guy. He's giving you a hint about another of the new Espers.

Oh, by the way, that sword?

It's going to be a little while before we get our grubby little paws on that.

So, we're going to go break Wendy out of Owzer's place.

Typing out that name, I just realized it sounds like something a cartoon cat would shout as his tail is stepped on.

I'm getting a Spencer Mansion vibe right now.

Though, that's not entirely inaccurate, come to think of it.

Spookiness? Check. We're sent down the staircase, with no way to fight it.

Diary entries? Check. Let's do some reading.

Rambling about inane bullshit nobody else would care about? Checkarooni.

Lamp on the stairwell was broken, so I bought a new one at the item shop. 'Twas a tad pricey, but now everything's all bright and cheery with just a flip of the switch.

I guess it's asking too much to expect a painter to have more talent than a wet sponge.

I've been hearing things, too--strange sounds. They seem to be coming from the cellar.

And, finally, spooky ending to the diary? Check.

So we flip the switch and now we can get up the stairs.

Originally, I thought it was just a throwaway joke about this place being like the Spensor Mansion.

But, hey, we even get flavor text where most people wouldn't give a poo poo! I'm feeling Capcomish about this update.

Don't get me wrong. I love flavor text; it helps add to a game world.

A painting that contains a trap!

2,200 HP on these guys, as well as a weakness to Fire (being plants and all). They also absorb Water.

Wow, that just barely killed them. Still enough to get the 872 EXP and 767 gil each, though.

Hey, that guy wasn't kidding. I think we've seen this painting before, though.

Uh, sure, game.

Meet Misty. The SNES name was Dahling, which I think is a far better translation.

They've got a fair amount of HP, at 3580. They're weak to Poison, too.

You might think I'm casting Cura here.

You'd be incorrect.

It's a weird counter that they have, but I'm not going to examine it too closely.

:smugdog:

They're worth 1151 EXP each, and give out 1260 gil a pop.

Anywho, taking out those ladies opens a door.

To the spoooooooky basement.

There are some new enemies to show off down here, too.

The Crusher is the weird ball, Caladrius is the bird, and the Coeurl Cat is, well, the loving cat. They're all weak to Fire!

So we burn these motherfuckers to the ground.

The Caladrius birds have 885 HP, the Crushers have 2095, and the cat has 1115. If by itself, the cat can cast Fireball, while the Crusher can use an attack called Direct Hit, which deals something like 500% normal damage (and can use Life Shaver when alone), and the birds can use Beak to petrify your party.

The birdies give out 653 EXP and 497 gil each, kicking out the balls gives 788 and 577 EXP and gil, and the kitties give out 701 and 416 gil.

Who the gently caress has a painting of a chair?

Especially one that pulls you in when you walk past it...

Mysterious old lady assassin!

Kind of, that is. The Blade Dancer is nothing special, but can use Blood Dance, an attack that steals HP. On each of her turns, she throws a different knife at you.

Lufia_Maxim's Bestiary Guide posted:

1st Turn: Throw: Dagger or Myhril Knife
2nd Turn: Throw: Mythril Knife or Main Gauche
3rd Turn: Throw: Air Knife or Thief's Knife
4th Turn: Throw: Thief's Knife or Assassin's Dagger

While it doesn't one-shot everything here, it does a hell of a job cleaning up the place.

She's weak to Poison, possesses 2539 HP, and drops 1531 EXP and 769 gil.

I fought a ton of that encounter down here.

Seriously, I killed so many cats down here.

Heading through the left door, we find the Moogle Suit. It's for either Wendy or Galuf, and will change their battle sprite to that of a Moogle.

Heading through the right door, we come to these three doors. They open and close as you step across the floor, and it's a bit of trial and error finding your way through.

We'll try the middle door first.

Well, that was super effective.

To the left!

Well, this is progress, so falling out of that door is okay.

You might be wondering how to reach those chests. They're floating!

Just step on the shadow beneath them and they'll come to you.

And get you into a fight.

And give a lovely treasure. The gently caress is this?

At least I got an Ether out of the deal, I s'pose...

Oh, god, the painting armor is angry!

Uh...What's that a still life of? A squashed Mr. Saturn?

In any case, he can inflict poison, which is more of an annoyance than a real danger.

Being a painting, he's weak to Fire.

With 4889 HP, he's toast.

In addition to the 2331 EXP he drops, he also gives out 1574 gil. We'll have 500,000 in no time!

We're just about at the end here; there's a save point right in front of us.

I should have seen that coming...

While we're in the area, I can at least grab this over here. It renders you undead. I'm not sure the use of that, but there might be something down the road.

So let's head back and get to the boss fight here.

Holy poo poo, what the hell is that?

Dear Lord, he looks like Jabba the Hutt.

Metal Gear!?

(are those jokes still funny)

I'm going to have to kick another painting's rear end? Whatever, let's do it to it.

:ducksiren:Are you ready to throw down with a possessed painting!? Let's rock this joint!:ducksiren:

I Googled that name to see if there's anything about it, but apparently it's just a Final Fantasy creation. It also shows up in FFXV, which is kind of interesting.

Now, that's not the demon we want. That's Lakshmi.

We've gotta beat on this form until it changes into the demon.

Though, this side does have 56,000 HP. You can't kill it, since it revives upon death, but still, kind of neat to know.

It'll still put up a fight in this form, but it's nothing to really worry about.

It favors Lightning attacks, which it will also absorb.

Oh, no, my party is inflicted with Seizure, how will I ever overcome this hardship

Here we go!

That's our real boss! There's only 30,000 HP to this form.

And we're busting out the big guns. Its weak to Fire and Holy, not that Bum Rush has an element to it.

Holy loving poo poo.

It'll counter with Thundara a third of the time. It can attack with Thundaga, Flash Rain, or an attack that inflicts Doom.

And there's half of its health gone, in two shots.

A Thundaga rain on the party is not a pleasant sight.

There's an invisible counter that ticks up. When it hits a certain point, the painting switches back to the goddess form.

Entice is a special status effect. It's basically incurable Confuse, which kind of sucks.

However, it didn't stop Olivia from healing the party, so whatever.

There's also Lullaby, which puts someone to sleep.

Or, in this case, three quarters of my party.

However, the best person to have been left awake would have been Remain. Anyone else in this party can seriously ruin Chadarnook's day.

Still, that's the fight in a nutshell, so let's skip to the end.

drat, looks much better in here already.

You've got some hosed up priorities, Owzer.

Yes, really.

Hanging out? I'm not sure.

Go on...

You wanted a painting of the Hindu goddess of wealth, fortune, and prosperity? Well, maybe that's not so bad.

Lakshmi was also important in other ways, Supreme Being ways, too.

That's a pretty good painter to bring on board.

Yeah, give us your magic rock. We'll make sure nothing else bad happens.

...You got a magic rock and stuck it on your bookcase?

You've got a world to save first, little lady.

So, Lakshmi is all about taking care of your party. The Stamina boost is poo poo, but this is our first chance at Curaga, and if somebody doesn't have the other healing spells, they'll get them lickety-split with her on.

That finishes out this update, but it's not the end of what we're doing today.

:ducksiren:We're picking up the first of the new Espers right now!:ducksiren:

Leviathan can be a son of a bitch if you're not prepared. Tsunami will come out as his first action 100% of the time, and we're not ready to survive something like that through raw endurance. I went and grabbed four Tortoise Shields, equipment designed specifically for use when someone is an Imp. There's an entire set of Imp equipment, but I'll get into that later.

For now, though, the Tortoise Shield will absorb Water damage. That basically neuters him, but he still has a powerful physical attack to watch out for. He'll counter Magic and Lore with El Nino, and anything else with Entangle, which inflicts Slow on the target. You'd expect him to be weak against Lightning, but to my surprise, he has no weaknesses whatsoever. He absorbs Water, not that we have a ton of access to that at this moment.

After the fight, we get the Leviathan Magicite, which teaches Flood at a 2x rate, allowing us simple access to a Water elemental spell. He also gives a +2 Stamina bonus, which just loving sucks.

Next time, we're going to go pick up Bowser. Stay tuned!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Niiiight. Embrace her worldly delights, toniiiiight.

Relm has great reactions.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Liberal application of Bum Rush solves EVERYTHING, it's so good.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Eeesh. I remember Phantom Rush being really good by a long shot, but this is just insane for how soon after you acquired it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Eeesh. I remember Phantom Rush being really good by a long shot, but this is just insane for how soon after you acquired it.

I can think of just this for the reason this was allowed to be this broken. First QA did what we all did when we were little and loaded Sabin with Atlas armlets and hyper wrists and saw 6000 or so damage for an attack that required a complicated input.

Now we know all his stuff is magic based and that the inputs can be gamed so say hello to rubbing against the damage cap for the last third of the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, that's nice. Cheap way to get people some basic curative magic and vent your MP into HP.

Oh, I guess Wendy's here too.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Update Fifty Four: Are You Not Entertained

Howdy, folks, and welcome back. Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we went through a spooky mansion, beat up a painting, and got Wendy back in our party. Today, we're going after Bowser, so let's roll.

We'll be doing a bit of traveling in this update, but not to anywhere new.

Just to the Veldt, and to a cave in the southern area.

Wendy is going to get a pair of Earrings, but for now, she's not going to be a ton of help. Her only mid-level spell is Cura, and I don't think she even had the basic elemental spells. That'll get fixed, of course, but for now, she's almost a hindrance.

Almost. Terra, Leave, and Remain are strong enough that it doesn't really matter.

Say hello to the only random encounter enemy I found in this place. There are others, I promise you, but I was on a Twinscythe genocide.

Wendy's Moogle Suit gives her a Moogle sprite in battle. As she has nothing else to really contribute, I have her do a lot of Sketching.

Which led to Metal Cutter, an attack with decent power.

The Twinscyhe has 2500 HP, and is weak to Fire and Wind.

He can also counter with Drainsickle.

It does exactly what you'd expect it to.

...Don't judge me. Bum Rush is the poo poo.

Especially since we're not just rubbing up against the damage cap. We're going full Hollywood on it.

He gives out 1753 EXP and 726 gil, and can rarely drop a Poison Rod.

A little further inside, Terra hears a noise.

Interceptor!?

What is it, boy? Is Bowser trapped in a well?

Ducking into that nearby doorway, we realize that we've just wasted our time.

There's some pretty good items to be had around here, starting with that chest.

I know what you're thinking; Berserk makes people use physical attacks, and magic is the superior path to destruction here.

However, this is for someone we don't currently have...Where are we going to find a Yeti?

Spoiler alert; we're picking up Mowgli in this update.

I'll kick their asses eventually. For now, we're going to continue on finding everyone else.

It's probably because you smell.

Let's move on.

This cave isn't very big to begin with. We're actually fairly close to the end of it.

With some secret passage fuckery, we can get over to that chest.

Holy poo poo, look at this badass. The Death Warden (:black101:) is set up to blast your guys with Atomic Ray a bunch of times; he can cast Death, Doom, and has an ability called Dead End, which also inflicts Death.

I didn't know this before, but you can Sketch him and take him out in a single stroke. Not that it would have been difficult otherwise; he has 8,000 HP and is weak to Fire and Holy.

Our reward for painting his picture is Leave's (formerly) ultimate weapon. With the GBA remake, all of the characters received new ultimate weapons, but in the SNES version, you were looking at the best of the best for Leave.

If this update feels rushed, or seems a little short, it's because I don't have that many fights to show off. I only encountered the Twinscythe for monsters, the Death Warden was an unexpected shock, so we only have a boss fight left.

We just have to get past these rocks.

We'll be needing this in a bit. It's for Bowser.

Flipping that switch moves the little rock formation, allowing us access.

Hey, there's Bowser! He doesn't look so good...

I do pop a tent over at the save point, but in hindsight, I did not need to.

Just through the door, Terra suddenly flies into a rage over Bowser's prone form.

Or maybe not. I dunno.

Who the hell is that?

:ducksiren:It's our next boss fight!:ducksiren:

The King is a touch underwhelming.

For starters, he only has 19,000 HP. So, uh, yeah. Bum Rush just did most of the work here.

Now, he has some nasty tricks up his sleeve. He has access to Holy, Meteor, and Blizzaga, as well as Blizzara. Apparently (looking at his AI script), you're expected to use Reflect on yourself, because he has an attack dedicated to removing it, the Devil Claw.

He's weak to Holy and Fire, too.

And, just that easy, he's--

What?

That's right, he comes back as an undead fucker.

Still weak to Holy and Fire, and back to a full 19,000 HP, round two of the fight starts.

Sketching him led to Firaga, which isn't actually part of his available attacks.

However, he can use Sleeping Gas to put the entire party to sleep, as well as use Death and Meteor.

Remember, Aura Cannon is Holy elemental, which this guy is weak to. When people talk about how insanely powerful Bum Rush is, refer back to this screenshot if you think they're exaggerating.

Terra transformed, just for a little extra oomph.

And then I blew his head off with another Bum Rush.

We get two of those suits, for the two Kings we defeated.

Why Thamasa?

Because, that's why.

When we arrive, we throw Bowser into bed in Wendy and Galuf's old home, where he begins thrashing around in his sleep.

Who's this goober?

I recognize the dog.

Hmm. Who could this man, who lives in Thamasa, be referring to?

And who would he want to protect? He was willing to leave Interceptor behind. Who else would that dog be friendly with?

Now, you might be thinking that we have to go rest at the Inn or go kill some time before Bowser will join back up.

That's not even close to what needs to be done.

However, this is something worth keeping in mind. For later, though.

As is this! Look at this! Skinning a Behemoth was very worthwhile; Galuf, when we get him back, can equip the second suit.

So, now, we've gotta go to an entirely new place on the world map.

The Coliseum.

So, we come in here, bet whatever we want, and we have a chance to win a fight and get a different item in return.

And Ultros is the receptionist.

If we bet anything that's considered "crap", we have to fight Chupon. There's a very limited amount of time to defeat him before he uses Sneeze and blows you out of the Arena, and you lose whatever you bet. If you win, though, you'll get an Elixir.

Yessir, let's do this.

We can pick anything in our inventory. For this go-round, we're going to bet the Ichigeki.

Only one person at a time can fight in the Coliseum. You can choose whoever is in your current party.

However, here's the rub; you cannot control the character you select.

Their actions are random, which means that Leave can use any of his Blitzes, any of the large selection of magic spells he has, or just a regular attack.

There's one character who is basically tailor-made to fight in the Coliseum, but it'll be a little bit before we pick him up.

When I say that any spell can be used, I really mean any spell.

This can really work against you; some spells and abilities affect the party just as they do the enemy, so you could easily just sit back and watch as your fighter fucks himself over.

Finally, though, Leave busts out a Blitz.

Not the one I wanted, but Pummel will get the job done.

For our trouble, we get the Ichigeki back.

Getting your rear end kicked again is also a viable option.

Just shut up and get in the Airship.

Now, finally, last before least, let's grab Mowgli, too.

Just like getting him the first time. Head to the Veldt with three people in your party and fight until he shows up.

Ta-da.

That wraps up this update, folks.

Next time, we're going to go find our samurai. Stay tuned.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Has anyone actually beat Typhon? I'm betting no, but the wonders of speedruns and low level games make me think anything is possible.

EDIT: poo poo, I didn't think it was possible, but here we are. Must have done a fuckton of grinding.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 15, 2017

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Has anyone else had a little calf-like thing show up and cure your characters of sleep?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Has anyone else had a little calf-like thing show up and cure your characters of sleep?

I think its just protection against your character being asleep forever, instead of them just waking up.

A little bit of Googling led me to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku_(spirit)

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Now that we're in the WoR, if Leave finds the right Rages, Mowgli can become a one-lad-destruction-machine. It's... immensely satisfying to watch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
In my experience, he always uses the sneeze on his first turn.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In my experience, he always uses the sneeze on his first turn.

He's certainly most likely to Sneeze on the first turn, but from the video posted above, there is a way to defeat him. However, it only nets you an Elixir. Not that those are bad items or anything, but at the Coliseum, we're usually going to go for more exciting stuff.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
If you're taking votes at the moment, I say go to Narshe for reasons involving that Behemoth Suit and the Colosseum :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, you're missing, like, half the party. You could all the time be finding things and have no idea who for.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Next update, I'm going to have kind of a surprise for you guys, but I think we'll need a new page for that to come about.

Lately, things seem to be awful quiet after an update. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just not interesting to you guys? Or is it a lack of stuff to talk about? If I'm not doing something right, or could be doing something better, let me know!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not a complaint: possible that after a long break, some people might not notice there has been an update.

Not saying you should update at anything but your preferred pace! Just a thought. I'm glad to see the updates.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Leave- Everything's fine far as I'm concerned. I just haven't had much to say other than my Missed Monsters bits and a bump here and there. I am still planning to release the next Missed Monster bit after we re-recruit Cyan. It may be pretty big since you had few diverse random encounters in the Veldt Cave.

I've also been busy with my own LP threads, which you in part helped inspire me to write. Thanks for that.

I think the lack of posting lately has been largely due to your own infrequent update schedule- which is understandable given your own Real Life issues IMHO, it's no big deal and hardly an uncommon issue. If you can post more frequent updates, you might get more replies. But of course that's affected by how much time you have to work on updates. I hope you find more soon and look forward to the planned surprise.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Yeah, I think most of us are just feeling pretty chill. I'm looking forward to the surprise next update!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah I think a better metric would be to compare thread views a few days after an update. I've been lurking this thread the whole time, loving it, just not a lot I have to say that would add to the conversation. v:v:v

EDIT: Did you show off the spell you get from Leviathan or the summon yet? I don't quite remember and the GBA extra content is what I'm looking forward to.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I think it'll pick up a bit more as we see updates keep happening. It takes time to get into the groove again.

Still great updates though!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Everything is good, I just lurk.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
You're doing great, bud. If anything, it's probably just end of year blues/busyness with holidays for a lot of people. Also, as noted, it has been a while, so give it a day or two more.

Plus, to be honest, there's not a lot to say about those last couple recruitments. They just don't have a ton of story attached to them, not like Cyan or some of the others.

SorataYuy fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 18, 2017

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
One more thing, Leave.

If you need me to bump the thread further by making my next Missed Monsters update before we grab Cyan, let me know. It may or may not get us to a new page, and I won't have time to create it until Wednesday evening (11/22/2017), but I can do it then if necessary. Let me know before Wednesday or the next update, whichever comes first.

Your call. PM or thread reply works.

Thanks.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, the updates are fine, it's just... This game's been out nearly as long as I've been alive; I get the idea a lot of the discussions have already been had over the years.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Everything is good, I just lurk.

Same.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Yeah, you're doing great. Only reason this seems slower-ish is because life has changed for you, and thus there's no FF4A/CT pacing of updates anymore, so traffic's slowed accordingly. But that's not really a big deal.

(Also worth noting that there's not been a vote segment lately, and those universally garner more replies.)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Let's have a vote now!

Of the following, which is most like Leave:

Cool.

Or

Good.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Let's have a vote now!

Cool.

Or

Good.

Is there a third option?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I like Awesome for the third option, or maybe Badass.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can't believe I have to say this; the third option is both Cool and Good.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I vote for all of the above.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Found some extra time this morning and completed this early. Enjoy, folks! Next update after we re-recruit Cyan and maybe another party member or two if additional padding is needed.

Lakitu Alphonsa's Missed Monsters Update 8:
- 'Greetings, fans of this Final Fantasy VI LP! Lakitu Alphonse, here once again!'

- 'And I'm here also! You now know about my other job at the Coliseum!'

- 'Yeah, you're a real fixture there.'

- 'Here pays better.'

- 'You can thank Lord Bowser for that. By the way, he recently informed me he has a grand plan for all these Monsters we're cataloguing. He wants us to recruit them all to fight Mario for us.'

- 'That could work. Any recruits so far?'

- 'I don't know. I'm not starting the recruitment drive until after we present our current update. But I think most if not all of the Monsters we've met might be interested. We'll find out.'

- 'Awesome. Let's get this current update over with. It's pretty big.'

- 'Agreed.'

---
World of Ruin (Jidoor Area)

Missed- Crawler, Greater Mantis, Sprinter, Lycaon, Basilisk, Leap Frog.

- 'I think the Airship is making our LP's main player a bit lazy. He's not even bothering to seek out the Monsters on the World Map!'

- 'Hey, don't insult our LP Host! I'm sure he'll get the important ones. The Dinosaur Forest for example. I would prefer to avoid going in there if we can.'

- 'Oh yeah, I don't want to go in there either. I'm not eager to hunt dinosaurs.'

- 'We'll get as much of the rest of the World Map Monsters as we must. So Lord Bowser has decreed.'

---
Crawler

Level: 51 HP: 3200 MP: 620
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 8 Speed: 40 Evasion: 0
Defense: 115 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Ice
Elemental Absorptions: None
Status Immunities: Poison
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Remedy
Drop: NA Rare Drop: NA
Exp: 1456 Gold: 1224
Game Commentary: These may look small, but they hit hard with Raid and Dischord.
Lakitu's Commentary: These inhabit various islands around the World of Ruin. They use Poison and Fraction attacks. Weak against Ice.

---
Greater Mantis

Level: 54 HP: 4500 MP: 420
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 180 Magic: 10 Speed: 45 Evasion: 0
Defense: 145 Magic Defense: 100 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire
Status Immunities: Blind, Imp, Petrify, Death, Critical, Sleep, Fraction.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Impartisan
Exp: 4612 Gold: 501
Game Commentary: This fellow's double sickle attack is one of the worst. Can easily Wound a character with one hit. Sucks MP with MindReaper.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Mantodea. Highest Attack Power of any regular enemy in FFVI, even worse than the final boss! Hard to run from too. Watch out.

---
Sprinter

Level: 53 HP: 4500 MP: 350
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 10 Speed: 55 Evasion: 0
Defense: 100 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Lightning
Status Immunities: Blind, Poison, Petrify, Critical, Slow, Stop
Steal: Rare Steal:
Drop: Rare Drop:
Exp: 2293 Gold: 1420
Game Commentary: Sucks MP with Drainbeak and recovers HP with Pearl Wind.
Lakitu's Commentary: Easy to beat with Lightning Attacks.

---
Lycaon

Level: 50 HP: 250 MP: 20
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 30 Magic: 10 Speed: 70 Evasion: 50
Defense: 100 Magic Defense: 200 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Water
Elemental Absorptions: NA
Status Immunities: Death, Silence
Steal: NA Rare Steal: X-Potion
Exp: 1356 Gold: 1524
Game Commentary: This looks like a sweet little kitty, but its Scratch isn't so cute.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Spek Tor, enjoy inherent Haste and powerful Scratch & Blaster attacks. Not sure how they got their name. Very easy to kill.

---
Basilisk

Level: 54 HP: 5000 MP: 1020
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 10 Speed: 35 Evasion: 10
Defense: 135 Magic Defense: 155 Magic Evasion: 0
Status Immunities: Petrify
Steal: Tortoise Shield Rare Steal: NA
Drop: Tortoise Shield Rare Drop: NA
Exp: 2400 Gold: 1120
Game Commentary: Petriglare turns its enemies into stone.
Lakitu's Commentary: Unremarkable, other than the Petrify gaze attack.

---
Leap Frog

Level: 52 HP: 3511 MP: 220
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 7 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 130 Magic Defense: 145 Magic Evasion: 0
Status Immunities: Poison, Berserk, Confuse, Sleep
Steal: Hi-Potion Rare Steal: Pinwheel
Exp: 1550 Gold: 2600
Game Commentary: These strange creatures appear in a line, and when the time is right, they leap in for a mass attack. They sometimes use Tongue to administer a licking.
Lakitu's Commentary: Use Jump and Sap attacks. Try to kill them quickly before they can use Rippler if Shadow is in the party (game bug).

---
Owzer's Mansion

Not Missed- Rafflesia, Misty, Caladrius, Coeurl Cat, Crusher, Blade Dancer, Still Life, Chadarnook (2 forms)

Missed- None.

- 'You see? No Monsters were missed here. Leave is a good LPer!'

- 'Yeah. For this area. Are we still recruiting the Monsters we don't have to catalogue?'

- 'Lord Bowser said yes, if we can. He wants Mario dead, no matter the cost, as long as it doesn't affect their regular Go-Karting, Golf, and Tennis Matches.'

- 'I'm not going to point out the logic fallacies in that.'
---

Veldt Cave
Not Missed- Twinscythe, Death Warden, Behemoth King (2 forms).

Missed- Gorgimera

- 'Per our intelligence from the FFVI Wiki, Twinscythe is the most common random monster in the Cave on the Veldt. Gorgimera is also there, but he's very rare.'
---

Gorgimera

Level: 36 HP: 7191 MP: 354
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 40 Magic: 15 Speed: 60 Evasion: 0
Defense: 150 Magic Defense: 160 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: None
Status Immunities: Blind, Imp, Petrify, Death, Silence, Critical, Berserk, Confuse, Fraction.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Golden Lance
Exp: 4928 Gold: 1889
Game Commentary: Launches wild attacks with Giga Volt and Blizzard.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Rhyos. These things are nasty. You can't run from them. They can do all sorts of Elemental Magic. Many Spinies died to help me catalogue the Gorgimera before I figured out it was weak to the Stop spell. I then started using that spell and was able to relax.

---
World of Ruin (Thamasa Area)

Not Missed- None.

Missed- Gloomwind, Vasegiatta, Purusa.

- "Here we go..."

---
Gloomwind

Level: 41 HP: 2905 MP: 175
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 10 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 115 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Status Immunities: Blind, Poison, Imp, Petrify, Berserk, Confuse, Sleep
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Hi-Potion
Exp: 1096 Gold: 421
Game Commentary: Stops opponents in their tracks with Net.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Gloomshell. Can Paralyze and Petrify, but not a serious threat.

---
Vasegiatta

Level: 42 HP: 3615 MP: 233
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 100 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 115 Magic Defense: 145 Magic Evasion: 0
Status Immunities: Imp, Petrify, Death, Sleep, Earth Attacks, Fraction, Meteor Strike.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Phoenix Down
Exp: 1994 Gold: 1221
Game Commentary: A giant bird. Creates a Cyclonic with its huge wings. Also attacks with Aero.
Lakitu's Commentary: AKA Harpy. Their Cyclonic attack is used as a counter to Magic and can put the whole FFVI Party in Critical Status. Beware.

---
Purusa

Level: 41 HP: 3300 MP: 188
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 10 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 115 Magic Defense: 155 Magic Evasion: 0
Status Immunities: Critical.
Steal: NA Rare Steal: Moonring Blade
Exp: 1396 Gold: 773
Game Commentary: A wildly violent bear. You'll be lucky if you can still walk after being Bear Hugged.
Lakitu's Commentary: Bear Hug does heavy damage, but these are easy to beat.

---
- 'And we're done! For this update. Wish us luck on the recruitment drive, fans!'
- 'I wonder if we'll need it. See you around!'

Edit- Leviathan will be listed next update. I'm waiting to see if Leave demonstrates his Summons as requested first.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Let's have a vote now!

Cool.

Or

Good.

Goku

(Just kidding, great LP Leave. Keep on keepin’ on.)

• Locked thread