Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dr. Stab posted:

TPP is bad.

* In an extremely Trump voice *

Wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

It's why I put these on last year.

Hakkapeliitta 8's

Not taking any more chances - esp on side roads that never see cement all winter.

Snow tires ITT. I'm running these.

EDIT: holy poo poo my studded tires cost more per tire than yours.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 10, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Vintersorg posted:

It's why I put these on last year.

Hakkapeliitta 8's

Not taking any more chances - esp on side roads that never see cement all winter.

Nokian tires are extremely good, congratulations for making a good choice!

Also, mandating winter tires should be federal law, not some piecemeal province-by-province bullshit.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

EvilJoven posted:

Ya, hosed up weather patterns fluctuating wildly like this might be the new normal, but it's certainly not good news.

I wonder if we're going to get more record breaking snow this year. It's kind of the trend to be expected with so much more energy being retained in the atmosphere.

I'm thinking of financing a fat bike, seeing as a few shops offer 0% interest. Skinny studded tires might be awesome on ice and hard packed stuff but if we get fresh snow every two or three days like last year a fat bike will be a lot better, especially if the city runs out of money to plow again and starts half assing it again.

We had like no snow last year until Christmas, that's when the entire city had to conveniently shut down for a day because the plows weren't doing much more than just main routes.

This year is supposed to be recording breaking, but more spread out so should be easier for plowing technically

PT6A posted:

* In an extremely Trump voice *

Wrong!

Trump hates the TPP though?? :confused:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Trump hates the TPP though?? :confused:

I know, I just like the way he says "Wrong!" even if he is almost always the one who is wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

Nokian tires are extremely good, congratulations for making a good choice!

Also, mandating winter tires should be federal law, not some piecemeal province-by-province bullshit.

Don't some provinces not get the same level of snow and ice?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

TheKingofSprings posted:

If you count vancouver as a province, I guess.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

PT6A posted:

I know, I just like the way he says "Wrong!" even if he is almost always the one who is wrong.

TPP is bad though?? :confused:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes, but they all get cold, and the compound in all-season tires is often unable to provide proper traction near the freezing point, let alone below it. Besides, most laws only even require M&S-qualified all seasons, not even proper, dedicated snow tires.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

TPP is bad though?? :confused:

But it's not??? :confused:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's not bad in your books but only because all you give a gently caress about is your high end consumer goods being a little cheaper.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

PT6A posted:

Without talking about cheese or diary tell me one reason you like the TPP

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

PT6A posted:

What's so good about it?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

With MPI letting you put tires on through their program people have no reason to not get em. I did it on a 1 year term for $130/month and it's the best.

https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/Rd-Safety/Winter-Tires/Pages/winter-tire-program-overview.aspx

Do other provinces have this?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
"gently caress you, got mine cheese." - PT6A

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Decreasing barriers to trade will help provide new markets for Canadian products, and likely lower the cost of imported goods for Canadians, while helping grow emerging economies in other TPP countries.

Also

namaste faggots posted:

But why? It would have hosed the working class's and rurals

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
No dumb rear end that's not even why we need the tpp

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

With MPI letting you put tires on through their program people have no reason to not get em. I did it on a 1 year term for $130/month and it's the best.

https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/Rd-Safety/Winter-Tires/Pages/winter-tire-program-overview.aspx

Do other provinces have this?

That's like a whole extra car payment for a lot of people. Let's not pretend it's not expensive.

I mean, if you choose to own and operate a car, it should be your responsibility to maintain and equip it for the conditions you're operating it in, but until driving stops being seen as a right, that ain't gonna happen.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

TheKingofSprings posted:

True, we need winter equalization

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The TPP is bad, our economy is bad, and our voters are bad, but not as bad as the politicians they elect. This is a bad country that makes bad decisions. I hope this post has been informative

Postess with the Mostest posted:

lmao :golfclap:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Postess with the Mostest posted:

We could combine it with economic stimulus, by creating jobs to drive giant piles of snow and ice to the lower mainland.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
No no, we should move all the snow and ice north to combat the melting of the ice caps

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

No no, we should move all the snow and ice north to combat the melting of the ice caps

It's just crazy enough it could work!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

PT6A posted:

Decreasing barriers to trade will help provide new markets for Canadian products, and likely lower the cost of imported goods for Canadians, while helping grow emerging economies in other TPP countries.

Also

Okay a canned quote that sounds like it comes from a PR rep, got it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

PT6A posted:

Also

And all it'll cost is us control over how our patent and copyright laws work (gotta protect steamboat mickey forever), let foreign corporations dictate to us what fair dealing means, gently caress over anyone who was hoping that generic drugs might become available soon, and a bunch of other bullshit that was such a good idea that they had to negotiate it in secret and hide it in a trade agreement to remove the need to be accountable.

But it also lets you save ten cents on a pound of loving cheese, so sure why not full steam ahead

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
In a just world PT6A will get bankrupted from some bacterial infection caused by a sketchy wheel of fancy cheese because he doesn't have a drug plan.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Serioulsy, PT6A. You are the most selfish person in this entire thread. When people fawn over you for suddenly 'becoming more progressive' I laugh my loving head off because Jesus Christ, it's like watching that episode of The Simpsons where Mister Burns becomes an environmentalist and ends up with him dredging the sea to turn the entirety of the ocean biomass into an industrial paste he can sell. You are completely incapable of considering anything other than your own selfish interest.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you're a loving solipsist.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that you're a loving solipsist.

Well, I'm not, so you can take that off your list of things to wring your hands about.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Not to mention half the TPP is just exploiting poorer countries for cheap and unsafe labour so we can get our stuff cheaper.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
All TPP does is let the already incredibly wealthy amass more wealth at the low low cost of even more misery for a large number of people.

But at least you'll get cheap loving cheese, right PT6A?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PT6A posted:

That's like a whole extra car payment for a lot of people. Let's not pretend it's not expensive.

I mean, if you choose to own and operate a car, it should be your responsibility to maintain and equip it for the conditions you're operating it in, but until driving stops being seen as a right, that ain't gonna happen.

That was just on the 1 year. You can choose up to 4 years or less depending on your budget. It's a great system IMO. And I don't think most people will be going for Nokians - again, why this program is so great. You can get drastically less expensive tires and pay way less than I did.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Yeah I got a set of Nokians spread over 3 years, it's $34/month I think? They aren't studded though

I think Manitoba was planning to make snow tires compulsory in the winter after 5 years of the Winter Tire Loan program

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

PT6A posted:

Well, I'm not, so you can take that off your list of things to wring your hands about.

You absolutely are. Replace Dolores Haze with a basket of cheese, alcohol, and cigars and you are Humbert Humbert. You're the worst person in this thread.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
$4000 for a set of tires?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think $1560 for 4 tires plus the pressure sensor in each one.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

That was just on the 1 year. You can choose up to 4 years or less depending on your budget. It's a great system IMO. And I don't think most people will be going for Nokians - again, why this program is so great. You can get drastically less expensive tires and pay way less than I did.

Oh, I thought it was like some kind of a rental thing because I didn't really do the math. Yeah, that's a good program.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

cowofwar posted:

$4000 for a set of tires?

CanPol math.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
So you sjws don't cross border shop tires I hope

That would be bad ethics and where would Canada be of you don't support our small business tire shop farmers

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Martian Manfucker posted:

You absolutely are. Replace Dolores Haze with a basket of cheese, alcohol, and cigars and you are Humbert Humbert. You're the worst person in this thread.

Most of the people in this thread are just as self-interested and short-sighted as I am, if not more so. After all, what does it matter if the expansion of trade has ushered in one of the greatest reductions in extreme poverty in all of human history? Some Quebec farmer might lose a job, and you might have to pay for copyrighted things a bit longer! The horror!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

PT6A posted:

After all, what does it matter if the expansion of trade has ushered in one of the greatest reductions in extreme poverty in all of human history?

someone call Mexico and say "you're welcome for ending poverty" on behalf of the NAFTA commission