Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I don't really watch speedruns outside big events (the training & routing can be a bit ... boring) but I watch regular gaming streams on Twitch, well, mostly my friends and people I know. There's a crowd for the young'ins and their ADHD streaming, but there's definitely options for a more chilled & slow-paced stream for us older folks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/930536583039672320

:3:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Halfcoordinated is awesome and deserves all the love

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
half deserves all of the doritos and mountain dew

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I have it on good authority that his caffeinated beverage of choice is coffee

because he can put half and half in it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SeXReX posted:

I have it on good authority that his caffeinated beverage of choice is coffee

because he can put half and half in it

:downsrim:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Renegret posted:

I checked out his stream one day because I was bored and he had the highest viewer count on twitch at the time (hey listen sometimes I want to know what is Hip and Cool with the kids these days). His gimmick is insufferable and painful to watch for more than 30 seconds.

that's wild.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Trending Gamer is vote based, so lol that they put Good People next to streamers that get 10s of thousands of viewers.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Studio posted:

Trending Gamer is vote based, so lol that they put Good People next to streamers that get 10s of thousands of viewers.

the whole thing is a joke/excuse to sell space for publishers to put trailers so lol that that

e. speedstuff. we're gonna do a winter marathon in Feb. Sadly the best thing we can thing of for a dumb rhyming name is winter and sprinter please help us come up with something less dumb.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

SeXReX posted:

the whole thing is a joke/excuse to sell space for publishers to put trailers so lol that that

e. speedstuff. we're gonna do a winter marathon in Feb. Sadly the best thing we can thing of for a dumb rhyming name is winter and sprinter please help us come up with something less dumb.

Bill Watterson Presents a Calvin and Hobbes Winter Sled Run Speed Game feat. Calvinball & special guest Spaceman Spiff

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i wanna make a pun with speedrunning meltdowns but i can't figure it out

i can't offer you good names i can offer you horrible puns like sledster tho

edit gently caress it just call it cool runnings

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Studio posted:

Didnt stop me from voting for Half based solely on his ability to give Good Hugs. Nothing to do with inspiring kids to enjoy games with their disabilities. Nope.

halfcoordinated
Sep 27, 2014

One hand is enough.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i would vote if it didn't want my facebook to do it

mainly because I straight up don't even know who the other people are in that category, but still.

It actually doesn't require your Facebook to vote. Just search for "Trending Gamer vote" on Google and vote right there in the search results.

Also I know my chances are slim but I'm gonna try real hard to rally votes so there can be a win for positivity. Even if I don't win though I'm really happy to be nominated and for all the support I'm receiving :)

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

halfcoordinated posted:

It actually doesn't require your Facebook to vote. Just search for "Trending Gamer vote" on Google and vote right there in the search results.

Also I know my chances are slim but I'm gonna try real hard to rally votes so there can be a win for positivity. Even if I don't win though I'm really happy to be nominated and for all the support I'm receiving :)

Done and dusted.

And yeah for as obvious as it is that I don't really respect The Game Awards the fact that disability advocates even got nominated at all indicates that someone cares so if you've got the chance I'd rather someone who stands for a positive message make a stab at it rather than just another video game personality, ya know?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

halfcoordinated posted:

Maybe we can push for you if we establish some sort of...coordination? Even a partial one?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I feel like it turns into a fairly interesting platforming game once they go out of bounds at least.

Yeah I love the game as an OOB run for that reason, you still see a ton of stuff and its also always changing.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

halfcoordinated posted:

Voted! Hope you win half! :unsmith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Too many people in the games chat thread saying they don't even know who any of the trending gamers are and have never heard of them :( RIP halfcoordinated

e:

I said come in! posted:

I voted for that one, it was either that or the woman who I also don't know. I assume the dudes in there are all sexist/racist garbage in someway so I didn't really consider them.

Jeeze :\ I don't expect everyone and their mother to know about a guy who does speedruns but it's pretty lovely to look at the list and go "oh I bet they're all shitheads like pewdiepie"

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 15, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
To be fair, Speedrunning is still a pretty small thing.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
you would think "he get world records in video games like vanquish with only one hand" would be enough to pique your interest though

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Suspicious Dish posted:

you would think "he get world records in video games like vanquish with only one hand" would be enough to pique your interest though

yeah but theres that other guy who threatens violence against developers who ban him for breaking the rules of their game so yaknow, tough moral choices.

Remember to vote daily
https://tinyurl.com/voteHCO

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SeXReX posted:

yeah but theres that other guy who threatens violence against developers who ban him for breaking the rules of their game so yaknow, tough moral choices.

wait what

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Renegret posted:

wait what

Dr. Disrespect teamkilled in pubg and got banned for it and then made "a joke" about kicking them in the chest over it. Shows a sever lack of awareness to the kind of things developers of some games end up dealing with.

did I mention that you can vote for Half every single day?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Dr. Disrespect teamkilled in pubg and got banned for it and then made "a joke" about kicking them in the chest over it. Shows a sever lack of awareness to the kind of things developers of some games end up dealing with.

I hope they lock up this animal and throw away the key.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

goons not getting things will never stop being funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, I don't find the gimmick funny but that's really not anything.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

goons not getting things will never stop being funny.

idgi

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

SeXReX posted:

That's actually pretty tame compared to most gamers.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Chumley posted:

That's actually pretty tame compared to most gamers.

Yeah, Dr. Demento or whatever obviously meant it as a joke to help alleviate the tension surrounding his ban but PU took it really personally because he, as a well known (huh that’s ironic) game person gets a lot of threats of violence on a regular basis and wasn’t having any of it that day.

Anyways we should all vote for HC because he’s a goooooooon oneofus oneofus haha lmao :goonrush:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I don't think there's anyone in this thread saying vote for hc cuz he's a goon lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

heeheex2 posted:

I don't think there's anyone in this thread saying vote for hc cuz he's a goon lol

I’m saying that.

I mean also the good stuff that he does is good so that’s two reasons

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Oh sorry pal I thought you were mockin the thread!! my bad

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Guy Beahm (DrDisRespect) was also a dev himself for a while, as a multiplayer level designer for CoD: Advanced Warfare. He plays a character and YMMV whether it's an entertaining character or not, but I don't think he's done anything particularly bad as of yet.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Nintendo's gonna force Geoff to DQ Halfcoordinated because he uses modded controllers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

timp posted:

Yeah, Dr. Demento or whatever obviously meant it as a joke to help alleviate the tension surrounding his ban but PU took it really personally because he, as a well known (huh that’s ironic) game person gets a lot of threats of violence on a regular basis and wasn’t having any of it that day.

Anyways we should all vote for HC because he’s a goooooooon oneofus oneofus haha lmao :goonrush:

they were in on the joke.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Its hard to tell when you don't know a game very well, but this 'speedrun' of enslaved odyssey seems like a disaster. Dude has died like six times on this level.

I'm watching the shots fired marathon

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 16, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i know someone who knows dorito pope

also lmao if you read this thread and you didn't go vote for halfcoordinated

halfcoordinated
Sep 27, 2014

One hand is enough.

SeXReX posted:

did I mention that you can vote for Half every single day?

Gosh heck that url actually works! Thanks sxrx, I'm definitely using that now.

And thanks for the support everyone! I know I'm not super famous and it's a fairly silly thing but I appreciate it!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
youll always be the winner in my book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

I bet Halfcoordinated could win the Trending Gamer award with only half as many votes as everyone else!

• Locked thread