Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trig Discipline posted:

My translation may be a bit rusty, but I think it's approximately:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my litter in the African Caracals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on small mammals, birds, and rodents, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top rat predator in the entire African savannah. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cats across the world and your scent is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare teeth. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Felid family and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Aww, what a good kitty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Not enough puns based around African wildlife, 8/10.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
bithc i will maul u

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

bithc i will maul u

Yeah cos Caracals are so vicious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCH6PkAU6k

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

We Know Catheters posted:

Corgis are awesome

:getin:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/FOwZ77O.gifv

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I had to take my dog to the vet to get a steroid injection (dachshund, hurt back), and when he was in the back room one of the vet cats just came into the exam room and sat on my lap. It was very good but I didn't get a picture. He just sat there kneading my leg and rubbing his face on me.

Cats are okay.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

When my eyes first settled on this my brain optical-illusioned it into a dog-shaped depression in the rug.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That cat belly looks adorable. Would pet.

Writer Cath has a new favorite as of 22:42 on Dec 29, 2017

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

oh my GODDDD :kimchi:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My friends, a question:

Are they birbs or are they borbs?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/dyA1VtQ.mp4

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Writer Cath posted:

My friends, a question:

Blorbs?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

RubberLuffy posted:

I had to take my dog to the vet to get a steroid injection (dachshund, hurt back), and when he was in the back room one of the vet cats just came into the exam room and sat on my lap. It was very good but I didn't get a picture. He just sat there kneading my leg and rubbing his face on me.

Cats are okay.

:kimchi: Cats are good about knowing when to hang with you, I've found.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

morcant posted:

*leans in real close and whispers* but dogs are betterrrr

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

morcant posted:

When I went to pick him up the other day after his first vet visit this week, one of the other vet cats came and sat on my lap as well.

Their clinic has like 5 cats right now, I'm used to there only being like 2 waiting for adoption. They just wander the whole place, it's neat.

A few years ago they had a hedgehog as well, and they were giving it kit kat bars, it was very adorable.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Writer Cath posted:

My friends, a question:

Jeez, they're like the Butterscotch of birds.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/8DePmJP.mp4

Bonus flying fox trying a grape.

https://i.imgur.com/XMs5Ozl.mp4

and since I'm apparently the only one finding cute poo poo at 4am have another.

https://i.imgur.com/AuxSBQS.mp4

Feonir has a new favorite as of 10:36 on Dec 30, 2017

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

queserasera posted:

Flutterscotch.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Well yeah. Cats may know when you need company but a dog just decides you ALWAYS need company.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

As someone currently away from home for nearly a month and around 4 big wiggle dogs instead of my wonderful cat, the answer to that is no. They are lovely dogs but how anyone could live smelling like this is beyond me. I have to be polite and pretend the house and all its residents (including the people) don't smell like a barrel of dog anuses. Such cute creatures, such a beefy smell.

Goddamn, I miss my cat's clean, sunshine-smelling fur. And his purr. And his stupid face.

I miss my cat, you guys.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

StrangersInTheNight posted:

As someone currently away from home for nearly a month and around 4 big wiggle dogs instead of my wonderful cat, the answer to that is no. They are lovely dogs but how anyone could live smelling like this is beyond me. I have to be polite and pretend the house and all its residents (including the people) don't smell like a barrel of dog anuses. Such cute creatures, such a beefy smell.

Goddamn, I miss my cat's clean, sunshine-smelling fur. And his purr. And his stupid face.

I miss my cat, you guys.

Oh ho ho if you don't have a dog that smells like old hot shrimp when they get stinky. Oh and Frito paws.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I choose to believe that the big tiger is basically going OH NO YOU GOT ME YOU ARE SO VICIOUS AND TERRIFYING

When I kept rats, and I'd introduce small baby rats to big rats, sometimes I'd see little rats fight big ones, who would roll over and go OH NO YOU GOT ME YOU ARE SO TOUGH and I never found it not hilarious and sweet.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Oh ho ho if you don't have a dog that smells like old hot shrimp when they get stinky. Oh and Frito paws.

It's like I'm staying in the Frito Lay factory

Right next to the chili factory

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

queserasera posted:

Sorry to ruin the mental image, but those birds are probably not fat. Birds can fluff up their feathers for extra insulation when it's cold out, and there's snow in that picture. The doves are probably quite a bit more slim underneath all the fluff.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

I miss my cat, you guys.

Yeah this, basically. Dogs are adorable and great, but I personally would only have a cat.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i think both are rad. :smithfrog:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Love the baby :love:

Still the cutest puffball in the world despite being a big 20 lb chunker.

She turned 8 weeks and became the sassiest girl. It cracks me up.

Dashing through the snow

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me

I miss my cat, you guys.

Dogs really shouldn't smell like that. They're probably eating cheap food, they may have some sort of food or environmental allergy that is affecting the health of their skin, or if they are particularly loose skinned dogs they may have yeast infections. But yea, healthy dogs usually don't stink.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/FqYUFTV.mp4

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

morcant posted:

Yeah this, basically. Dogs are adorable and great, but I personally would only have a cat.

I really want this:

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Love the baby :love:

Still the cutest puffball in the world despite being a big 20 lb chunker.

She turned 8 weeks and became the sassiest girl. It cracks me up.

Dashing through the snow

but am aware that I would be a terrible family for a dog, so am happy with my cats. Cat know when you need company, but don't always need it from you. Dogs always want to be company because they always need it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
That puppy is just ridiculous and I want to pet her forever and watch her romp around in the snow and with sheep :kimchi:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

RoboRodent posted:

I choose to believe that the big tiger is basically going OH NO YOU GOT ME YOU ARE SO VICIOUS AND TERRIFYING

From what I've read, that's basically it, yeah. Notice the adult's ears are constantly trained on the cub. It's not actually being surprised. What it is doing is reinforcing the pouncing behavior to help the cub learn how to hunt.

As regards dog v. cat chat, both are very good. Dogs often have a stronger smell than cats, but it shouldn't be that bad. My brother's dog gets a pretty strong odor, but only if they don't bathe him enough in the summer. His odor is otherwise only noticeable if he's right in your face, and isn't particularly overpowering. My parents' dogs don't have a strong odor at all.

That said, even stinky dogs deserve love and pets because they are all good dogs.

JackMann has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Dec 30, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
As someone with both dogs and a cat, both can be smelly

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I was taking pictures of a mini last night and left the lightbox set up.

Jessie decided this little cave was clearly meant for her.

She looks less than happy to be woken up when I was taking pictures, but she was actually purring and wanting pets.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Isn't the way to get them to stop their curiosity to let them have a sniff and/or a nibble, just so they can see what The Human is eating?

This is a few pages old, but it seems to work for this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5530I_pYjbo&t=2s

He also does really good cooking videos where he does human and food just for his cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeeTvatu6fk&t=71s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BgtftaJAWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcYabz3hYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofNVuXgjsA

He does make me feel extraordinarily inadequate in the kitchen tho.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Cythereal posted:

Sorry to ruin the mental image, but those birds are probably not fat. Birds can fluff up their feathers for extra insulation when it's cold out, and there's snow in that picture. The doves are probably quite a bit more slim underneath all the fluff.

Please don't apologize; I was honestly curious :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/picturecats/status/947245184068345858