Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

chirst how many of you dunces are even from Twxas, is this like verbal blackface where youre pretendign the accent but you live in Bongwater Bend CA

I've noticed it too, I think it might be people on the literal opposite side of the globe, though, so I'm okay with it. It's like if I tried to put on an aussie accent, I would just say "mate" a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Bongwater Bend CA

They changed the name, recently. It's now called "Humboldt"

(edited to tighten up punchline)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 1, 2018

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

The Ninth Layer posted:

Busbs vote on me is atrocious. Literally I must be scum for raising good points and being right, as if town wouldn't or couldn't make those same posts. Scummy!

this is a classic misrepresentation of a vote. as i said it was the way you talked about it screamed scum trying to engage by offering a 'townie viewpoint post', and did not read as genuine.

I also call out lurkers getting close to deadlines etc and have no problem with the tactic, but i do with the way you offered to the thread which felt ingenuine.

vote for me then if you think i'm scummy

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've noticed it too, I think it might be people on the literal opposite side of the globe, though, so I'm okay with it. It's like if I tried to put on an aussie accent, I would just say "mate" a lot.

hmm u seem to have misspeleld 'oval office' but better lukc next time

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
oval office

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Drunk Nerds posted:

oval office

u did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yeah:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks. See you next Tuesday.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Australian Texas? What is this, a Paradox Game?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Get back on track you lot.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i like venom snake

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
i retread tnl to see what the hubbub was about and “poeple should vOTE” is a valid if trite opinion which adds virtually nothing to the game, what I don’t like more is shading prince of space, it looks like a half-hearted bus to reference later and pretend he always felt bad about prince

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

i retread tnl to see what the hubbub was about and “poeple should vOTE” is a valid if trite opinion which adds virtually nothing to the game, what I don’t like more is shading prince of space, it looks like a half-hearted bus to reference later and pretend he always felt bad about prince

This is weak dude. Do you really think I would bother holding up a post asking guy to add substance to his roleplaying as some kind of long term suspicion?

Man it seems like I'm not allowed to talk about anything without having some ulterior motive.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The Ninth Layer posted:

Man it seems like I'm not allowed to talk about anything without having some ulterior motive.

welcome to mafia burger may i take your order

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

When it comes down to it everyone voting me is doing so because I am excited to be playing in this game, and they are confusing it for something else. Truth is I love soldiers games. This is my fifth or sixth soldiers game, I was a king in Tao Jones' fantasy world at war game which was the proto-setup for this one and was a day away from beating Mills before Tao abandoned it. I've played and won soldiers games as almost every alignment. I even won a soldiers game as serial killer. I love these games, I know how to win them, and I'm sun's out guns out to win this one too. :clint:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think people are just making a mountain of a mole hill w/r/t tnl but also its d1 so its prob the best case were gonna get 2day

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

flerp posted:

i think people are just making a mountain of a mole hill w/r/t tnl but also its d1 so its prob the best case were gonna get 2day

I feel like the case of “he said people should participate” is not the best one today and that some of the people pushing on this one are likely scum.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Venom Soag posted:

I feel like the case of “he said people should participate” is not the best one today and that some of the people pushing on this one are likely scum.

did it not read odd to you at all????????????????????????????

also birb is buddying up to me too much i dont like it, lets fight instead

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

sun's out guns out

aaaaaaaaaaand it's good

##vote TNL

in the interest of complying with your request; I don't like how you've responded to 3 millimeters of pressure, specifically - not that I'm one to talk on this particular point - I think you're suuuper invested in defending what should otherwise be a nothing remark. i might just be spinning in circles about it but like, okay

stay with me here aight

what does your ability to win a soldiers game as a serial killer have to do with this game / do you feel your experience gives you some manner of seniority

how would you (briefly, if at all possible) describe the differences between a "standard mafia game" and a soldiers game, specifically this soldiers game, which is also a shine game

would vote RF for FTA over TNL at present, but there's no sense in meddling with that until the 2nd

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
for clarity's sake, yes RF, no curiouscat - cat could miss january 2nd altogether and I'd believe she had plans that eclipsed day 1. she is very popular with people who have parties

i say as i reheat a quesadilla in an empty apartment

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Pera I've been on a boat for nine days now. Have you ever been on a boat for nine days? You will eventually run out of things to do that do not involve arguing with other people, and I would rather argue with goons than my mom who I'm stuck in a room with for another seven days and who constantly steals my wifi account to make endless customer service complaints. I hope this helps explain my posting today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The difference between a standard Mafia game and a soldiers game is that we are racing another thread and win on efficiency. The more town players we preserve and scum players we kill the better. We don't even need to catch all the scum to win, we just need to play better than the other thread so that we can buy time for our scum team to win for us.

This is why it's extra important to play your best in a soldiers game: you are directly competing against a separate group of town players to clear your thread of scum faster or at least hit a later exlo.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

The difference between a standard Mafia game and a soldiers game is that we are racing another thread and win on efficiency. The more town players we preserve and scum players we kill the better. We don't even need to catch all the scum to win, we just need to play better than the other thread so that we can buy time for our scum team to win for us.

This is why it's extra important to play your best in a soldiers game: you are directly competing against a separate group of town players to clear your thread of scum faster or at least hit a later exlo.

I agree with this. Soldiers games require an efficiency of action and cohesive, organised approaches.

TNL asking for this kind of cohesion and participation is a very town thing to ask for, and people wanting to embrace lawless chaos even on D1 will lower our chances of victory later.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It is also really important for us to play a good game because in the end it's Bif who will decide through battle picks and overall leadership whether we win or lose, and so as soldiers it's our responsibility to give her the best possible army to win with.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

I agree with this. Soldiers games require an efficiency of action and cohesive, organised approaches.

TNL asking for this kind of cohesion and participation is a very town thing to ask for, and people wanting to embrace lawless chaos even on D1 will lower our chances of victory later.

chaos reigns

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

It is also really important for us to play a good game because in the end it's Bif who will decide through battle picks and overall leadership whether we win or lose, and so as soldiers it's our responsibility to give her the best possible army to win with.

This is why more people should be doing cases, the more data Bif has to work with the better.

The fact that we’re now getting weird bandwaggoning on you without any substance is also poor soldier participation.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've got a null read on TNL but this pressure on him seems kinda suss. The case is weak and it feels like people are trying to knock out a player who is very good when town.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

I've got a null read on TNL but this pressure on him seems kinda suss. The case is weak and it feels like people are trying to knock out a player who is very good when town.

Yyyyyup. I’m going to start interrogating.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SirSamVimes posted:

P much my opinion

his approach to people not voting was at best abrasive, but not necessarily a scum tell and i dunno why people were using it to immediately jump up his rear end in a top hat as a "scum" move

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

TNL case timeline

TNL comes in and identifies issues with various posts over the last day.

Slasher Hawke fires the first shot, claiming he’s scum for trying to dump poo poo on new players.

He then doubles down on it claiming TNL is coordinating with Jeabus in scumdoc.

BIFAUXNEN follows up having a light go at TNL for being inconsistent.

Slasher hawke joins in on this.

Drunk nerds and Tithin accuse (more admonish, really) TNL of being unreasonable hasty w/r/t the due date, focusing not on the level of participation but that it’s unreasonable for people to be voting to lynch with days to go.

INFINITUM bandwagons, turning the momentum of Tithin and Drunk Nerds complaints into a scum gotcha.

TPINK basically does the exact same but with somehow even less substance but more shade.

xad votes for TNL, but their comments sound more like they’re responding to infinitum and tpink instead of looking at TNL. Xad literally says “explain yourself” as they vote, despite TNL explaining their position in detail just before. - very lazy bandwagoning here-

Peramene catches up on the thread, claims TNL is a bit suss, citing infinitum as the reason why.

from this point on the casing stops and people just start regurgitating “TNL bad” while very rarely actually engaging with TNL

So the first TNL as scum push was slasher Hawke but the consistent driving force was infinitum.

Most others are either not sure, or bandwagoning.

The key moments here are infinitum and tpink coordinating to turn legitimate complaint over deadlines into unreasonable pressure and sell that as scummy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Xad pinged me the most out of all the people that were voting him

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Verdict, scummiest looking person out of this is actually Tpink, as we’ve established inf is bad at mafia one way or another. So either infinitum and tpink are scum or tpink jumps in to capitalise on infinitums poo poo case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Peramene catches up on the thread, claims TNL is a bit suss, citing infinitum as the reason why.

Fire in the hole!

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Fire in the hole!

?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you will die for capitalizing the p in her name

RIP

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

that’s what people took away from that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

that’s what people took away from that.

Don't mind me I'm just shitposting so y'all don't have to

And trying to contain my constant urge to comment on every single drat thing instead of holding my precious Confirmed Town Opinions close to my chest

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i agree with your assessment but xad pings me more and your hateboner for infi might be clouding your thoughts.

though I might regret my words and infinitum will shoot me so

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
yeah I reread xad and there’s a lot of words but nothing there, probably an XOF agent like his name ##vote xad

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Venom Soag posted:

So the first TNL as scum push was slasher Hawke but the consistent driving force was infinitum.

So, should I be adding Slasher Hawke to my sussin' list too?

That makes: Tired Moritz, Slasher Hawke, Drunk Nerds, Infinitum, TPink and Jeabus Mahogany...

...How much scum you reckon' we got between the 25 of us?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I would guess 6 to 8 scum but that's just me pulling out a number that feels right. I'm guessing previous Soldier games aren't consistent enough to reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Prince of Space posted:

So, should I be adding Slasher Hawke to my sussin' list too?

That makes: Tired Moritz, Slasher Hawke, Drunk Nerds, Infinitum, TPink and Jeabus Mahogany...

...How much scum you reckon' we got between the 25 of us?

Rule of thumb, 20% of your playerbase are scum

• Locked thread