Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Keane

Wouldn't be a game alongside KB if KB wasn't wrong about my alignment.

TMMadman posted:

I do not know what you are right now, but I have a slight scum lean because as I've said, I've been through your history and I'm the only person you've called scum.

So why is that Keane?

It's a holiday weekend with a lot of words. Nobody has posted about you outside of me and I will continue to bang the dram until this is addressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

To be clear, your leader also asked for your top 3 scum reads and you ignored that, and have continued to float.

You are now using this tiff with TMM to continue to ignore it?

Consider this vote my strongly annoyed opinion on the matter.

Oh, I didn't see your post about the scum reads. Let me revise my statement then.

Yes, I am refusing to comply to force this issue, I have no king, all monarchs are tyrants.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Wouldn't be a game alongside KB if KB wasn't wrong about my alignment.

It's a holiday weekend with a lot of words. Nobody has posted about you outside of me and I will continue to bang the dram until this is addressed.

And you are free to do so, just like I will continue to point out that you are still ignoring the request by now multiple people to provide other scum reads.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

To be clear here, you can say I'm annoying and that I'm being a jerk, which is fine, but also doesn't address my points on TMM, and me being annoying is largely alignment neutral.

Letting the conversation veer into compliance/non-compliance does not address scumminess/towniess.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Hey FL! Glad you’re not subbing out

Nothing since my last post makes me doubt or change my previous scum reads, but for clarity, in descending order of confidence: pmush, quid, gotg

I’m probably least confident about GotG. The post I quoted still sounds scummy as hell to me, but I’m having trouble following other peoples’ cases.

Quid and PMush both sound like scum who are doing weak (quid) and really bad (pmush) jobs of posting around irl problems. I’m fine with my vote where it is atm.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, deadline tomorrow, guess I better start at least trying to play.

I still can't read much of the thread, so here's what I can do on a skim:

How does being on a phone prevent you from reading some, but not all of the thread? This needs an explanation because with my understanding of phones and somethingawful, this isn't a thing that is possible.

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't even know what my votecount is (still on mobile), but this is a 25 player game, still a day away from deadline. Why would I fake claim to save myself NOW?

Do you not know that you can click the votefinder image on the first page and be brought to the current votecount?

PMush Perfect posted:

This stopped being fun pretty much the moment I got banished to mobile.

It's less convenient to post on a phone, and if you're juggling spreadsheets it can be damned near impossible. Do you have the Awful app or no? It makes it easier for sure.

(This is mostly for Quid's benefit, but also contains questions that need good answers for me to think of PMush as town)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And you are free to do so, just like I will continue to point out that you are still ignoring the request by now multiple people to provide other scum reads.

Again, look at this post: TMM is using compliance as a mark of scumminess/a means of dismissing my case. This isn't a statement on alignment, really.

Now, let's also play the reverse here, since I got the attention of some folks: If I *DID* make a list and give through cases on others, who would grant me the reverse, a through read on TMM?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

Again, look at this post: TMM is using compliance as a mark of scumminess/a means of dismissing my case. This isn't a statement on alignment, really.

Now, let's also play the reverse here, since I got the attention of some folks: If I *DID* make a list and give through cases on others, who would grant me the reverse, a through read on TMM?

Post your damned scum picks and I'll read TMM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

To be clear here, you can say I'm annoying and that I'm being a jerk, which is fine, but also doesn't address my points on TMM, and me being annoying is largely alignment neutral.

Letting the conversation veer into compliance/non-compliance does not address scumminess/towniess.

I'm not saying you are being annoying. I'm saying that you are directly avoiding giving scum reads other than to say that I'm scum.

As far as I can tell from your history, your reads are:

TMM: scum
Gamer: town
Kash: maybe town?

Like literally that's about all I remember of them. That's pretty odd for someone who is trying to say that I'm being open with my reads.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

This is a lot of signal for a day 1, I'm not really sure about what to do, but I'd vote for hats.

Gun to your head, who are your top 3 scum? Hats and?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Post your damned scum picks and I'll read TMM.

Thanks, you're a pal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Still stuck on mobile. Hoping it was just that they didn't fix it over a holiday weekend. The alternative is that the modem is busted.

I welcome death. (Also lol at TG still banging on about the case on me like five pages after I last posted.)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait so is your vote on CC real, KB? Or just you being annoyed

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PMush Perfect posted:

Still stuck on mobile. Hoping it was just that they didn't fix it over a holiday weekend. The alternative is that the modem is busted.

I welcome death. (Also lol at TG still banging on about the case on me like five pages after I last posted.)

Since you're here, you know you're the vote leader right? Hell, even KB wasn't sure where you were coming from when you said you couldn't read all of the thread on your phone.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMM, Slaan, GeneX, Chaos as a maybe.

I'm clear on TMM, Gene's listing of me came after other people mentioned me, and the reasoning is questionable because Gene is using meta to craft an argument, but has not seen my town game until this one. Slaan gave me a gut bounce and I'll find that post in a bit. Chaos lurks while scum, but it's also a holiday weekend so I am less confident that is meaningful. l Al

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

This isn't actually true. Several people have mentioned being wary of TMM this game.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello CC I would like to ask you about TMM

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Now I remember why I thought Slaan, Slaan talks around the meta/battlefield information a lot, and this is an easy way to disguise content. I don't like it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

This isn't actually true. Several people have mentioned being wary of TMM this game.

Where

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Keane is scum, and I don't think TMM is scum. They both come across as hostile and frustrated with each other, but I don't think either of them are bad folk.

PMush Perfect posted:

At this point I don't care if I'm wrong about you, you aren't reading the thread and are only posting crap like this to float your post count.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hello CC I would like to ask you about TMM

Shoot.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Sorry for the delay, I am in maybe too many forum games right now (I regret nothing). Besides 50 Pounds of Bread, I would say that I like the case on PMush--I really don't see the benefit of saying exactly what you do as opposed to saying "Hey, I'm a strong ranged attacker", especially when you then try to paint its value as being the element of surprise--and for my last one... I think Gamer is being genuine, so I'm going to go with a gut-feel read on Slaan. Something about how they were defending Tobb's claim of being a tank doesn't sit right with me, even though I don't really read Tobbs as scum right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm bad at big games at the best of times, but on mobile, when I can't even read the thread without having to deal with this tiny-rear end screen that turns everything into a giant wall of text, I am incredibly useless.

Sorry to everyone who had expectations for me to rock my return to Mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sidenote: I think anyone calling people out for 'slipping under the radar' on day 1 over NYE weekend is faking content.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I *think* I may have played more with 50 than anyone else here and his play is firmly a nullon my meta read, fwiw.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wait so is your vote on CC real, KB? Or just you being annoyed

Yeah, we are coming close to the end of the day, so I'll be a bit more free with my scum picks. I always think Keane is scum, so I have him lower on my list for later evaluation, but I had him as a lean scum on my spreadsheet. I think the way he was avoiding making any hard calls and not wanting to tie himself strongly to any reads was already scummy before he doubled down on it. I wouldn't have mentioned him today most likely if he hadn't annoyed me though.

He isn't my first choice, and now that he's posted his top list I'll come off for now.

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kashuno posted:

Sidenote: I think anyone calling people out for 'slipping under the radar' on day 1 over NYE weekend is faking content.

Agree with you 100%

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Also, Keane is giving a really subpar effort right now.

TMMadman posted:

It's nice too see that FL had decided to join us! :v:

This strikes me as a bit odd. TMM calls out Keane for not putting in enough effort, but congratulates FL on making an entrance.

Apart from that, TMM's posting/casing is filled with "I'm not sure", and while he did post his opinions on who is scum, I feel like he hasn't gone into a lot of detail about why they are his top scum reads. His interactions with GotG are pretty light. It's odd that his picks are based on such light interactions.

TMMadman posted:

I don't like this post because it feels very much like a 'Hey, I'm in this game!' post.

Also, I don't believe anyone in this thread has mentioned getting an early hammer or putting real pressure on someone with a lot of votes. However, when I was skimming the other thread last night, I did notice that Bif made a post about early hammers and not wanting her thread to push people past -3 or so without checking with her first.

So it also kind of reads like maybe PMush is more interested in the other thread rather than this one.

What is this, really? "Oh hey, I see you're reading the other thread, so am I!" It's not necessarily scummy as I've been trying to keep up with them as well, but it sort of looks like he's calling out PMush for something he himself is doing, which I think he'd realize if he was sharing a genuine opinion here.

All in all, I'm not getting a strong town read from him, but it's not enough for me to say he's definitely scum.

Kashuno posted:

Not everyone is certain that they're going to be around past Day 1. If I look and see that chaoslord's in the game and hasn't posted since the night before NYE, I start to wonder how many jager bombs he drank to be hungover for so long.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

TMM, Slaan, GeneX, Chaos as a maybe.

I'm clear on TMM, Gene's listing of me came after other people mentioned me, and the reasoning is questionable because Gene is using meta to craft an argument, but has not seen my town game until this one. Slaan gave me a gut bounce and I'll find that post in a bit. Chaos lurks while scum, but it's also a holiday weekend so I am less confident that is meaningful. l Al

So just to be clear: besides me, your list is a new guy, a lurker and essentially an omgus. Not exactly an impressive list and not exactly making the needle for you move towards town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This strikes me as a bit odd. TMM calls out Keane for not putting in enough effort, but congratulates FL on making an entrance.

Apart from that, TMM's posting/casing is filled with "I'm not sure", and while he did post his opinions on who is scum, I feel like he hasn't gone into a lot of detail about why they are his top scum reads. His interactions with GotG are pretty light. It's odd that his picks are based on such light interactions.

What is this, really? "Oh hey, I see you're reading the other thread, so am I!" It's not necessarily scummy as I've been trying to keep up with them as well, but it sort of looks like he's calling out PMush for something he himself is doing, which I think he'd realize if he was sharing a genuine opinion here.

All in all, I'm not getting a strong town read from him, but it's not enough for me to say he's definitely scum.

Not everyone is certain that they're going to be around past Day 1. If I look and see that chaoslord's in the game and hasn't posted since the night before NYE, I start to wonder how many jager bombs he drank to be hungover for so long.

Oh come on. It's not like Keane's content is at the same level as FL's so far in terms of size.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I shouldn't have to do your work for you, but here is one very obvious example:

Truth Quark posted:

I would also go with MMT or TMM tbh, mostly because this exchange pinged me early on:

Its not much, but it just seemed like it was planned (to me).

Truth Quark posted:

Tanking, in any game, only works if the opponent has a reason to focus you over other targets. By telling the other team this, Tobbs' removed that reason. Its possible he said that on purpose because of some ability he has, or maybe it was just a dumb mistake. The only alignment relevant thing I can see is that scum have a reason to want to go into battle but not get targeted, so maybe Tobbs' is purposefully trying to avoid damage in combat so he can dish out maximum hurt to the Glorious Mexican Army without getting killed himself. There's too many other possibilities though, so I'm just gonna keep an eye on him for now.

I'm more suspicious of people who have been actively buddying up this game, like MMT/TMM in the beginning, or Quid and Hal later on in the thread. As little content as you generally get D1, that kind of behavior stands out to me because it sets other players up to have a blind spot towards you later in the game.

Truth Quark posted:

I can see TMM too tbh, he has been coming into the thread, dropping a big effort post, then peacing out with no follow up. He also hasn't voted yet in any of said effort posts except for joke votes early on. Example:

Lots of "I feel" with little or no follow up or reasoning. He also caught PMush in a weird "reading the other thread" thing, which while I agree with it, it means he *is* reading this thread somewhat closely but is still posting very little.

TQ has been banging the drum for TMM off and on all game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I shouldn't have to do your work for you, but here is one very obvious example:

TQ has been banging the drum for TMM off and on all game.

Yeah that's fair.

I'd like it discussed among more of the town than that, though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

I think my three scum picks right now would be gamer/PMush and then maybe either Hats or AA.

However, I will say that I'm a little worried because there are a lot of people reporting the same list and I'm a little worried it's scum jumping at the chance to use two townies for cover. I'm not sure that's enough to stop me from voting one of them, but it does make me want to stay cautious.

And on that note, I have to say that I like that GeneX came up with a list that doesn't involve the most named suspects today and I also pretty much agree with his list as all three of the people he named are suspicious to me.

CCKeane posted:

This is a bad post and is preparing for a juke/being wrong.

Keane may not be feeding us walls of text, but most of his observations are on point. KB wants people's scum reads, and while TMM provided a list, he followed it up with one hell of a hedge.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Somewhere in his post history, TMM made what I thought was a strange post about how the fact that I hadn’t fought with him was giving him pause on me. I had made about 10 posts by that point. I disregarded any feeling I had because I couldn’t find any scum motivation for him making that post.

Since you are hot on his trail, I was hoping you would look at that post and tell me what you think of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

This is my take on it as well. Well, except he hasn't cased me.

I'm having a little trouble with you right now YPM. I know we've only played a few games together, but I remember that we tended to butt heads often. However, I haven't really seen anything from you yet that has pinged me and I find myself thinking your posts have been pretty good. I just don't know if that's a good or a bad thing right now.

The hedge is bad, the meta content is fine. I'm not bother by this post by itself, but the fact that there's another hedge continues the narrative of TMM qualifying and preparing to be wrong while setting himself up for votingif the tide goes that way.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Eh, disagree. Like yeah, Holiday weekend and I've also been giving people a lot of slack. But this day has been going for 3 and a half days at this point and we have left the holiday behind. At a certain point the slack disappears.

Fair amount of folks have posted just enough to skirt the lurker rules:

The Lord of Hats 12
Hal Incandenza 11
Max Peck 11
Anomalous Amalgam 10
SalTheBard 10
Flying Leatherman 9
IllegallySober 6

Some of these, I'm feeling much better about now, like FL, he seems to be very engaged now that he's back. And Peck seems to be doing well for a first mafia game, But IS for example has a whole lot of nothing and I know that Hats can do better than he's giving us.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

PMush Perfect (5): Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Moatillata, Your Personal Muse, Tobbs Gnawed
Gamerofthegame (3): Murmur Twin, Max Peck, Monathin, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Kashuno (3): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord, 50 pounds of bread, Max Peck, Slaan, Truth Quark, TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, Slaan, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (2): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed
Slaan (2): 50 pounds of bread, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame, 50 pounds of bread, Truth Quark, GeneX, Flying Leatherman
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Gamerofthegame, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Monathin
50 pounds of bread (1): Slaan, Slaan, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Truth Quark (0): GeneX, GeneX
GeneX (0): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
OMGVBFLOL (0): GeneX, GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, SalTheBard, Slaan, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 2 minutes.

:cheers: First day back to work means no extra flavor today, but one last reminder - all Day ability usage MUST be entered into your character sheet BEFORE your thread hammers for it to count! :cheers:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Keane may not be feeding us walls of text, but most of his observations are on point. KB wants people's scum reads, and while TMM provided a list, he followed it up with one hell of a hedge.

I feel that it's a very reasonable and real concern. I don't mind being wrong about a lynch, but I absolutely want to be cautious about the lynch as well. Scum want town to make rushed and bad decisions and I will always fight against it.

So when a bunch of people suddenly start piling on the two seemingly most popular lynch targets, I am almost always going to urge caution regardless of whether or not I think those targets are scum.

Think about it this way: if both gamer and PMush are scum then why hasn't there been any kind of effort to move the targets from them? It often doesn't take that much towards the end of the day. If they are both town then scum can either pile on or stay off it fairly easily. And if only one of them is scum, then are all the other scum saying that person is scum but voting someone else? Or are they throwing some bussing out there and hoping the vote moves away for some reason?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Aren’t you trying to move the murder lynch away from them? And there are a lot of lurkers, some of who might be scum, who might just not be in the thread to move the lynch. This is very odd reasoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aren’t you trying to move the murder lynch away from them? And there are a lot of lurkers, some of who might be scum, who might just not be in the thread to move the lynch. This is very odd reasoning.

No, I would vote for either Gamer or PMush today and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. But the more I think about it the more I can't see them being scum together.

• Locked thread