Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I think Pmush is probably town because her posting seems very human to me.

Not reading much during a holiday heavy with fan family and drinking? Yep. Been there, done that

Not remembering the post by KB to not reveal roles? Totally normal to forget if you are quickly scrolling through posts between holiday events and or work/life.

Revealing role info? Doesn't help scum, draws attention to themselves (as can be seen here). She'll get executed by us, or focused down by scum/ Texas soldiers if town. That positively reeks of bad town play done in a hasty post.

Everything fits her story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

PMush Perfect posted:

- TG's claim is kinda weak sauce but I don't think there's anything inherently scummy about it. His reaction is very strong, but I could also see this as a town player with a cool ability getting upset for being called scummy when he's trying to be helpful.

In the same post, we have:

"He's a town player with a cool ability trying to be helpful!"

...followed by doing the exact same thing and then wondering why you drew heat?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

50 pounds of bread posted:

Scumdoc would be better as posts are hidden secrets there.

I mean that it's reasonable for scum to read their leader's posts in the other thread, in addition to whatever secret communications exist.

Mind you, I'm skimming the other thread. I'm not, however, referencing posts in the other thread while stating that I haven't read my own thread, which is what PMush appears to have done.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks for the feedback?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why do people think the kings can talk to the scum doc for the other thread?

I've been scum in a soldiers game and we didn't have that ability.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

Gamer says that he thinks Tobbs is scum for sharing his role info, specifically that Tobbs was trying to bait out other claims.

Gamer votes Slaan over PMush, the only other player who shared role info.

Keane, what is your opinion on this point I'm making?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

It's explicitly stated in the rules.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

Not reading much during a holiday heavy with fan family and drinking? Yep. Been there, done that

Not remembering the post by KB to not reveal roles? Totally normal to forget if you are quickly scrolling through posts between holiday events and or work/life.

Revealing role info? Doesn't help scum, draws attention to themselves (as can be seen here). She'll get executed by us, or focused down by scum/ Texas soldiers if town. That positively reeks of bad town play done in a hasty post.

First point: Made up not what pmush said
2nd point: Not normal to ignore the most important person in the thread, pmush didn't forget she didn't read it
Revealing role info: Huge benefit to scum as it provides information they can use to gauge who to target. Benefits the Texans because they know her ability and if she is in combat know exactly what to expect.

Pmush didn't read the thread, continued to check in and remind us all that she wasn't reading the thread. She put out a claim to protect herself from being lynched (one because that's a good tactic and two because that's a pmush <meta> specialty)

Nothing fits her story. She was willing to read enough of the thread to have an opinion on the events going down, but not enough to note the most important person in the thread.

Quid goes back to tentative scum, Slaan moves up to defo scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Podiddy:

"Each thread will have a Leader. They are confirmed town, cannot be nightkilled, have super awesome special powers and abilities (making them very scary on the battlefield), can communicate with the opposing thread's scumteam, and has insider knowledge on the setup."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Really? Huh I must have missed it since I mostly concentrated on the battle/info parts.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Slaan posted:

Every single one of these points has been addressed and discussed in detail by other posters. Are you reading the thread yourself?

Like I can understand saying things like "to me it reads as genuine" but you're presenting them as hard facts and completely ignoring what other people have said about them. Even the first sentence where you actually use the phrase "to me" just reads as you presenting a fact. This post by Quidnose of all people gives a nice example:

Quidthulhu posted:

This combo of posts (WHICH I READ LIKE 15 MINUTES AGO FFFF) makes a lot more sense to me than this current shitshow of an argument:

Your Personal Muse posted:

In the interests of coalescing the town, I am limiting myself to the current vote leaders.

P Mush is the best choice. If you look at P's post history, especially the two below, P does everything to avoid "locking" an opinion in. ##vote PMush

If you look at the posts (I'm ignoring the claim aspect, its a complicated game with alot of posts. It doesn't excuse the play, but it is a null tell since town and scum could be equally confused about what the optimal play is), P avoids saying anything. Rather, P baits the hook so someone else can potentially take up a case.

None of these "thoughts" actually say anything. The thought on Kash especially tells me P does not believe in the case on Kash. What does tryhard even mean and why is it scummy? I want more tryhards, not less tryhards.

I also think MMT's case on Kash is not only wrong but bad. Its a logic game that really doesn't have any connection with scumminess, and reads as semantics that on the surface sound like they are solid and can get people to follow it but falls apart because it relies on wrong equals scum or twisting someone's words. I also don't like that she provided a meta defense of herself early on in the game.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Personally, what set me against PMush wasn’t just the ability claim she made. It was her whiplashing from absentee contentless posts into an impusive and poor decision (that required no analysis and betrayed her not having read the thread) in an effort to participate. I’ve made that mistake myself before and it’s never been as town.

Having irl stuff isn’t my beef either, that I totally get. It’s the way she behaved around the irl complications that reads so heavily as scum to me.

King Burgundy posted:

On Pmush,

On one hand, yeah, I get it, I'm totally hosed when I have to phone post, I really need my multiple tabs/etc for the way I read/respond/notate my spreadsheets/etc. Even when I'm not a leader. And that stops me totally in my tracks from casing well or the like.

But on the other hand, I can still read the thread just fine. And certainly when skimming I'd pay higher attention to the leader and his cool semi-moving avatar. And tons of people do just fine spending their whole mafia lives phone posting.

And then after saying she isn't reading the whole thread and either messing up or gambiting as a result of it:

What on earth is the bolded about if you aren't even reading everything? Like, you want more to not read? I just don't get it.

---

What's interesting, is for other reasons, I was thinking Pmush was maybe scum, but this claim is weird and almost makes me flip the other way on her. Maybe that was the intention? To mimic what Tobbs had done to make me think he was maybe town?

I'll sleep on it and see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Part of the reason I wanted Tobbs to explain himself was because after I saw what looked potentially liked cherry picking to me I did a very quick and cursory reread of him to see how he continued to talk about PMush and he...kinda drops casing her? But maybe that's just because he feels he's presented his case and is scumhunting elsewhere. I wanted to poke at him to see how he replied and if that was going to say about it before I directly asked (and I needed to reread more because again, I feel like I'm edge of my seat trying to get a lot of this poo poo done before I have to hop in a car for 20 minutes) and instead I got this so, that didn't work.

(ignoring the section about Tobbs)

I legit think Slaan is scum trying to shift the vote away from PMush.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Really? Huh I must have missed it since I mostly concentrated on the battle/info parts.

There is a lot of info there, and enough of it is easy to miss that multiple people in the thread have made false statements based on misinterpreting or failing to read all the rules.

I'm not insinuating that it's a bad thing. It's good because it prevents us from wasting tons of time on setup spec (which I'm pretty sure is why Podima was so thorough).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Pmush didn't read the thread, continued to check in and remind us all that she wasn't reading the thread. She put out a claim to protect herself from being lynched (one because that's a good tactic and two because that's a pmush <meta> specialty)

Nothing fits her story. She was willing to read enough of the thread to have an opinion on the events going down, but not enough to note the most important person in the thread.

Remind me again, what's your opinion of Gamer?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I'm here and trying to catch up now on lunch, holiday weekend did a number on me.

Re: KB's post requesting top three scum candidates, on my quick skim through so far I lean towards PMush (really, really hated her info reveal) followed by one of either Kash or Quid, and Slaan. I'm going to go back through again though. No vote yet until I can look into these four more, but I'll be around on and off until deadline, particularly the last hour.

Reread Quid, going to take him off my list for now because both the frustration and the apology feel genuine to me and nothing jumped out at me apart from that on looking at just his posts in a vacuum. Kash is my next reread but not going to be able to get to that for a bit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

Keane, what is your opinion on this point I'm making?

I get where you are coming from, but I don't think the information shared by PMush and Tobbs are equivalent, so I'm not convinced by that point.

Now this is me conspiracy theorying it up though, I can see Gamer and PMush as scum and trying to throw Slaan under, especially with the dichotomy TMM set up as "well if one is scum, the other probably isn't".

Admittedly, I am having a hard time not viewig things through the lens of TMM as scum, so I'll try a straight reading when I'm home.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I get where you are coming from, but I don't think the information shared by PMush and Tobbs are equivalent, so I'm not convinced by that point.

Now this is me conspiracy theorying it up though, I can see Gamer and PMush as scum and trying to throw Slaan under, especially with the dichotomy TMM set up as "well if one is scum, the other probably isn't".

Admittedly, I am having a hard time not viewig things through the lens of TMM as scum, so I'll try a straight reading when I'm home.

To be clear: The point you made isn't convincing to me, but I can see a connection if PMush goes scum. I'd follow that connection if PMush flips, but would prefer to execute her first, I think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Remind me again, what's your opinion of Gamer?

Hard to read, so middling. That said the push toward gamer vs pmush makes me think it's a push to split the vote, and leads me to believe gamer to be town by way of I think pmush is scum. I know it's tying together two unflipped players, but that's all I got.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

It was a night ability the kings had when I originally created the format, but the format has since evolved from other clever mods adding to my original vision.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don’t like all the cases on PMush that revolve around her claim. That is a null yell and it’s a bunch of copycats trying to get in on the action. I don’t know what it means specifically at this moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Here is Gamer's case on Tobbs:

GameroftheGame posted:

him then going into efforts to claim it's okay and the whole argument from it comes off as anti-town. He then hits on a lurker and makes no real case contributions to the thread while ideally declaring everything kash says to be wrong and basically that anti-town doesn't mean scum

I don't think pushing to reveal our combat in potential/abilities in a game entirely based around combat abilities is a thing a Townie should do.

---

ofc he didn't directly go "let's all reveal," but he handwaved the responses of why it was bad and joined in the discussion with slaan and company that it was okay to do, which has the implication to have other people do it as well.

There was no reward as it came out of no where, it started up a discussion all on its own and I believe it was bait. Not well thought of bait, but bait.

Keane / Kash - to be clear, you take Gamer at face value that he thinks Tobbs is scum for the reasons above but doesn't think PMush is scum?

I mean I guess that goes out to anyone who wants to answer it but right now I strongly suspect that Gamer is scum and the pushes on Slaan/PMush are his teammates trying to help him.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

PMush Perfect (7): Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Moatillata, Your Personal Muse, Tobbs Gnawed, Monathin, The Lord of Hats
Gamerofthegame (4): Murmur Twin, Max Peck, Monathin, Monathin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Monathin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Monathin, King Burgundy, Slaan
Slaan (4): 50 pounds of bread, Gamerofthegame, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame, 50 pounds of bread, Truth Quark, GeneX, Flying Leatherman, Truth Quark, Gamerofthegame
Kashuno (2): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord, 50 pounds of bread, Max Peck, Slaan, Truth Quark, TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, Slaan, Murmur Twin, 50 pounds of bread
The Lord of Hats (1): GeneX, GeneX, 50 pounds of bread
SalTheBard (1): Hal Incandenza
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Gamerofthegame, PMush Perfect, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Monathin, Gamerofthegame
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (0): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, chaoslord
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Slaan, Slaan, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats
Truth Quark (0): GeneX, GeneX
GeneX (0): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
OMGVBFLOL (0): GeneX, GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, chaoslord, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 53 minutes.

:cheers: First day back to work means no extra flavor today, but one last reminder - all Day ability usage MUST be entered into your character sheet BEFORE your thread hammers for it to count! :cheers:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Keane / Kash - to be clear, you take Gamer at face value that he thinks Tobbs is scum for the reasons above but doesn't think PMush is scum?

I mean I guess that goes out to anyone who wants to answer it but right now I strongly suspect that Gamer is scum and the pushes on Slaan/PMush are his teammates trying to help him.

Kinda, yeah? I'm really not feeling gamer over PMush.

Also wouldn't Gamer be pushing for PMush over themselves if Gamer was scum? Seems like an easier target?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Murmur Twin posted:

tbh you're looking more and more like scum solely for saying I don't think pmush is scum

you're spinning a false yarn of me going "hm, pmush says she's on a phone and is having trouble reading the thread, her posting isn't really conductive of anything let's look at her again d2 or something" of "actually, everything she has posted is cool and good" which is what slaan has said

but you're okay with slaan and I'm pushing on slaan

what I'm saying is your cases are bad and you, in turn, are bad.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Kashuno posted:

*looks through thread, gets to KB post and hears*

"Hey Pmush, mind helping me with this?"

She goes, awfulapp saves her at post after KB's.

*Oh, this stupid derail again? I'll give my ability as an example of what they can do so people stop rules lawyering*

That thought process is exactly like what I would do. You and quark seem to be just yelling about HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I guess you can continue to talk past and ignore every point I'm making if you think it will help :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

*looks through thread, gets to KB post and hears*

"Hey Pmush, mind helping me with this?"

She goes, awfulapp saves her at post after KB's.

*Oh, this stupid derail again? I'll give my ability as an example of what they can do so people stop rules lawyering*

That thought process is exactly like what I would do. You and quark seem to be just yelling about HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION

*let me posit a scenario that is not at all conducive with what the player in question has already said*

:waycool:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Like you're literally doing the forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "No ur wrong!" at this point.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No, I'm saying that I disagree with the thread about Pmush because my gut feeling says she's telling the truth. That's it. Your quoted posts are saying their gut feelings are different. If you think she is scum then vote her. Not going with the bandwagon is normal.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Truth Quark posted:

Like you're literally doing the forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "No ur wrong!" at this point.

mafia

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Slaan posted:

No, I'm saying that I disagree with the thread about Pmush because my gut feeling says she's telling the truth. That's it. Your quoted posts are saying their gut feelings are different. If you think she is scum then vote her. Not going with the bandwagon is normal.

And this is all I really wanted to see. People can disagree but you've been so adamant in your posts about you being right and everyone else being wrong, and repeated the same post so many times, that I have to assume you are (poorly) trying to move the vote from your scum buddy.

At this point I'd be happy voting Slaan or PMush, I'm not going to vote Gamer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

You aren’t even going with the truth, you’re making up scenarios.

Pmush said she was t reading the thread. Pmush said she skimmed over things enough to have an actual opinion on the situation at hand, but ignored the ruler of the thread. Pmush today said again she wasn’t reading, and laughed at Tobbs for talking about her which means she DIDNT EVEN READ THE POST SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Part of why I'm not super interested in Slaan is that (I think?) this is his first ever mafia game.

That doesn't make him town, but it is easy to get a vote going on new players because they generally break down under pressure.

That being said, I don't know why he's saying the stuff he is about PMush, because if he read her posts more carefully he'd see that he's mischaracterizing her posts...in a positive way. It's bizarre, but easy to chalk up to inexperience.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’m not

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Slaan posted:

It's not his first mafia game.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

It literally is

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meh. My opinions are out there (Gamer is scum and there is a concentrated effort to keep votes on Slaan/PMush), I think I'm done for today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Slaan posted:

I agree it was a bad post on my part. I'm inexperienced at mafia so I misread the kashuno exchange. I backed off my vote soon afterwards because I realized it was a stupid slap fight. Mea culpa.

My bad, I saw this and had it in my head that he was new.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Kinda, yeah? I'm really not feeling gamer over PMush.

Also wouldn't Gamer be pushing for PMush over themselves if Gamer was scum? Seems like an easier target?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this MMT. I don't think you're scum, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Though Tobbs I will say I have had the same thought as you re: giving Slaan the benefit of the doubt if he is new. The biggest reason why my vote isn't on PMush right now is that I don't want to rush that vote with so many people still posting opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Slaan posted:

It literally is

Then why are you talking about PMush's behavior as if it's something you've done before???

• Locked thread