Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Pretty sure that means give each dimension # the inverse priority (8 for first, 7 for second, etc) then put tickspeed on 9. I think that's what I usually used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Might be better for certain stages, but I just tried it at e109 IP and it's noticeably slower for me. I've been sticking to 123456711 and it seems to work well.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Sindai posted:

Pretty sure that means give each dimension # the inverse priority (8 for first, 7 for second, etc) then put tickspeed on 9. I think that's what I usually used.

Ah, cool, i started with that and then just started tweaking the priorities of each dimension 1 at a time until it went down to 1.4 seconds by itself.

Back on track!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Do you have to dump all your blood into a single spell in NGU? No way to split it up?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Antimatter Dimensions: I just got my first IP. I see that this guide says Challenge 8 is faster than normal runs, and that seems like it could be true, but how am I supposed to optimize this challenge? When do I sacrifice, I mean? It just still seems slow. Should I be sacrificing every time I hit like 30x and just letting it ride clicking on "max all" between those? Is 30 too low, too high, or what?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Antimatter Dimensions: I just got my first IP. I see that this guide says Challenge 8 is faster than normal runs, and that seems like it could be true, but how am I supposed to optimize this challenge? When do I sacrifice, I mean? It just still seems slow. Should I be sacrificing every time I hit like 30x and just letting it ride clicking on "max all" between those? Is 30 too low, too high, or what?

I found the guide was a little unclear there. When i followed those instructions and let it sit it took several hours IIRC. The thing to remember is that the guide is using an autoclicker so there's a bit of that on the go as well i think.

What you want to do is:
Work your way to dimension 8 for the second time so that it unlocks sacrifice
Wait until it's 2x
Sacrifice
Repeat this (it'll be slightly faster)
Keep repeating until 2x is coming up really fast
Hold M throughout all of this for auto max all and after a few times of hitting 2x sacrifice you should start to see it quickly go up to 3 then 4, etc then ridiculously fast up to about 50+ or something.

It's the slog to the 8th dimension bit that takes the longest, but if you follow that hold M, and repeated sacrifice of 2x you end up blasting through that last bit.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Antimatter Dimensions:

Throwing this code into your console will give more accurate tracking of your IP/min and provide autobuyer values that should maximize your values.
code:
(function() {
    'use strict';

var node=document.createElement("span");
    node.style.display="inline-block";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(node);
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].setAttribute("class","");
    node.parentNode.setAttribute("class","IP");
    node.parentNode.style.position="absolute";
    node.parentNode.style.left="65%";
    window.bestippm=0;
    window.bestip=0;
    var reset=document.createElement("button");
    reset.onclick=function(){bestippm=0;};
    reset.innerHTML="Reset";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(reset);
    setInterval(function(){
        var ippm=$("#averagerun")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        var ippm2=$("#run1")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        if(player.thisInfinityTime>1&&gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime>bestippm){bestippm=gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime;bestip=gainedInfinityPoints();}
        node.innerHTML="Last 10: "+ippm+"/min<br>Last: "+ippm2+"/min<br>Best IP amount: "+bestip+"<br>Best IP rate:"+shorten(bestippm*600)+"/min";
    },100);
})();
This code will give you an autoclicker in the window you can activate by clicking the Max All button.
code:
var maxAll = document.getElementById("maxall");
var maxAllFunc = maxAll.onclick;
var loop = false;
var looper;
maxAll.onclick = function(){
    if(!loop){
        looper=setInterval(maxAllFunc, 1);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="#00ff00";
    }
    else{
        clearInterval(looper);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="";
    }
    loop=!loop;
}

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Kin posted:

I found the guide was a little unclear there. When i followed those instructions and let it sit it took several hours IIRC. The thing to remember is that the guide is using an autoclicker so there's a bit of that on the go as well i think.

What you want to do is:
Work your way to dimension 8 for the second time so that it unlocks sacrifice
Wait until it's 2x
Sacrifice
Repeat this (it'll be slightly faster)
Keep repeating until 2x is coming up really fast
Hold M throughout all of this for auto max all and after a few times of hitting 2x sacrifice you should start to see it quickly go up to 3 then 4, etc then ridiculously fast up to about 50+ or something.

It's the slog to the 8th dimension bit that takes the longest, but if you follow that hold M, and repeated sacrifice of 2x you end up blasting through that last bit.

I did this, but the big thing is to not do that first sacrifice until your tick cost is 1e40 or so (I think?) or it will take significant time to get back to the eighth dimension (your sacrifice does absolutely nothing until you buy that first eighth dimension, so the only speedup you get is the tickrate you've bought).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kin posted:

Yeah, holy poo poo was this ever faster. Thank you!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Klungar posted:

Antimatter Dimensions:

Throwing this code into your console will give more accurate tracking of your IP/min and provide autobuyer values that should maximize your values.
code:
(function() {
    'use strict';

var node=document.createElement("span");
    node.style.display="inline-block";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(node);
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].setAttribute("class","");
    node.parentNode.setAttribute("class","IP");
    node.parentNode.style.position="absolute";
    node.parentNode.style.left="65%";
    window.bestippm=0;
    window.bestip=0;
    var reset=document.createElement("button");
    reset.onclick=function(){bestippm=0;};
    reset.innerHTML="Reset";
    $("#infinityPoints2")[0].parentNode.appendChild(reset);
    setInterval(function(){
        var ippm=$("#averagerun")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        var ippm2=$("#run1")[0].innerHTML.split(" ").reverse()[1];
        if(player.thisInfinityTime>1&&gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime>bestippm){bestippm=gainedInfinityPoints()/player.thisInfinityTime;bestip=gainedInfinityPoints();}
        node.innerHTML="Last 10: "+ippm+"/min<br>Last: "+ippm2+"/min<br>Best IP amount: "+bestip+"<br>Best IP rate:"+shorten(bestippm*600)+"/min";
    },100);
})();
This code will give you an autoclicker in the window you can activate by clicking the Max All button.
code:
var maxAll = document.getElementById("maxall");
var maxAllFunc = maxAll.onclick;
var loop = false;
var looper;
maxAll.onclick = function(){
    if(!loop){
        looper=setInterval(maxAllFunc, 1);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="#00ff00";
    }
    else{
        clearInterval(looper);
        maxAll.style.backgroundColor="";
    }
    loop=!loop;
}

What exactly do i do to implement these? I'm in chrome and i've never really used the console before.

edit: for example, i open the console with ctrl+poo poo+j and paste those in but nothing happens and errors appear.

The autoclicker one says 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'onclick' of null at <anonymous>:2:25'

The tracking/autobuyer one says 'Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
at <anonymous>:6:26
at <anonymous>:23:3'

edit2: ah i'm on the one on kongregate if that matters?

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 11, 2018

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kin posted:

edit2: ah i'm on the one on kongregate if that matters?

Ah, yeah, these would work on the standalone version.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Welp, switching to that then. It looks better in full screen anyway.

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 11, 2018

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I've been playing Techomancy for a while, and now the game hitches for a second once and a while. Anyone else get this and know how to fix it?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

habituallyred posted:

Take the "remove environmental regulation" option when the bribing happens. You will need some refined mana.

Removing financial regulations works too.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Removing financial regulations works too.

Yeah but early on it's faster to get to the new content with environmental.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I didn't really feel like Technomancy changed all that much when you removed regulations. You either get a money or a stone/wood production boost and thats it. Is the big change supposed to be that you can now (slowly) acquire fuel?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ineptitude posted:

I didn't really feel like Technomancy changed all that much when you removed regulations. You either get a money or a stone/wood production boost and thats it. Is the big change supposed to be that you can now (slowly) acquire fuel?

The big change is what you do once you get that fuel.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Yeah I keep getting to points in Technomancy where I just have no clue where to go next. I've adventured all the way to Haven and started mixing potions but I have no idea what any of them do or what kind of purpose they really serve. The wiki really cuts off at this point so I have no clue where, like, mithril is supposed to come from.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
How long is it supposed to take to get the bribery event? I've clicked on dozens of events and none are that yet. For a major part of the game to be gated behind a super-slow RNG kinda sucks.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ugh... I just got a major amount of progress lost in NGU because for some reason the auto-save still isn't saving/loading from the right place, despite having refreshed the game a couple days ago. :(

https://pastebin.com/VY48n4CP something if you're still offering to edit saves, I had 3 more levels of wandoos, 75 levels in adventure power and toughness, all the clockworld drops with the weapon at something like level 15 and the other stuff at level 10. No idea how much EXP, augs, or blood I lost... but I know my next rebirth was gonna put me in the 10 septdecillion range.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 12, 2018

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Harik posted:

How long is it supposed to take to get the bribery event? I've clicked on dozens of events and none are that yet. For a major part of the game to be gated behind a super-slow RNG kinda sucks.

You gotta have 180 banks, and it won't trigger immediately.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Deep Thoreau posted:

You gotta have 180 banks, and it won't trigger immediately.

It's like 180 banks, 5 investment companies, and at least 150 mana total I believe?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Does Lightning Strike not go off in the Steam version of RG when offline? :confused: Far as I knew, it'd continue to cast.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Irritated Goat posted:

Does Lightning Strike not go off in the Steam version of RG when offline? :confused: Far as I knew, it'd continue to cast.

Don't you need some Trophies to unlock that kind of thing? I just started playing this week, and the only thing that happens when offline is that you still get the "mana produced" thing, but no spells cast, at least initially.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Irritated Goat posted:

no spells cast or do anything when you're offline; that's theoretically why you get offline prod bonuses.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Only 1.24 million more time to burn before I can reset on Technomancy. Luckily I had a save before I did a Prestige and noticed it was all gone. As some other posters stated I hope the game picks up soon or I might dump it off to visit again later (never).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

no spells cast or do anything when you're offline; that's theoretically why you get offline prod bonuses.

It's also confusing because your total cast spells do count up (maybe that's another autocasting upgrade too). I thought my game was broken when I first got research and the ones that require X amount of a certain spell never got progress offline.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

GrossMurpel posted:

It's also confusing because your total cast spells do count up (maybe that's another autocasting upgrade too). I thought my game was broken when I first got research and the ones that require X amount of a certain spell never got progress offline.

I was thoroughly confused by this description the first time I saw it: "While offline, spells are not cast. Instead, increase your mana produced amount by 10% of your mana regeneration per second." What good is increasing my mana produced if it can't be used to cast spells? It wasn't until quite a bit later that I realized lifetime mana produced and spells cast were stats that were important to unlocking trophies/upgrades.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009

something posted:

^^ Fixed just now, thanks. Also as for your basic challenge bug, the max completions is meant to be 25, and i had it displayed as 20 for some reason. So you ain't done yet!

Little delayed but I finished 25/25 on the basic challenge and Paralyze unlocked just fine. I did notice that the 24th challenge gave me the "You are done with all the challenges!" message but did not have an issue going straight into the 25th to finish it up. This was a week or so ago now though so not sure if it was found.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

Ugh... I just got a major amount of progress lost in NGU because for some reason the auto-save still isn't saving/loading from the right place, despite having refreshed the game a couple days ago. :(

https://pastebin.com/VY48n4CP something if you're still offering to edit saves, I had 3 more levels of wandoos, 75 levels in adventure power and toughness, all the clockworld drops with the weapon at something like level 15 and the other stuff at level 10. No idea how much EXP, augs, or blood I lost... but I know my next rebirth was gonna put me in the 10 septdecillion range.

The autosave and quciksaves save/load from the same location so i don't know how that can be possible. I can try to get some of your progress back. but definitely get into the habit of making a backup save!

Also, new build is out today.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

The autosave and quciksaves save/load from the same location so i don't know how that can be possible. I can try to get some of your progress back. but definitely get into the habit of making a backup save!

Cash shop is in. And I thought you were the chosen one.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
They're all temp buffs so I'm fine with it. You gotta get get that money.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

something posted:

I think the highest boss multiplier for the time machine is busted. Mine's sitting at 18 but I've beat boss 55. It should be 27 currently. I think.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Devor posted:

Cash shop is in. And I thought you were the chosen one.
Don't worry, the main point of those items is to earn them with Arbitrary points, but I'm also adding in some dummied out UI for if i go full sellout ( yes i will). Also, with the next couple builds I will add ways to gai narbitrary points bit by bit for a lot of little actions. Stuff like:

Throwing money in the pit
Killing a new highest boss maybe?
Levelling a piece of equipment to 100.
Completing challenges (on top of the awarded EXP which gives AP)

oh and I can make the items themselves be ultra-ultra rare drops.

The revised highest boss multiplier should be your highest boss - 40.

something fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 13, 2018

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

:/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what in the world is NGU so I can look it up and play it

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Game ruined

edit: the link is here: https://www.kongregate.com/games/so...d168e96b3c297ef

You need to be LOGGED OUT of Kong to play it. Yes I know it's weird, but that's how they run beta submissions apparently.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

buglord posted:

what in the world is NGU so I can look it up and play it

https://tinyurl.com/NGU-Game

Must be LOGGED OUT of Kong.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

something posted:

The revised highest boss multiplier should be your highest boss - 40.
Well the number isn't changing at all, it's said 18 this entire rebirth for me. So it's actually higher than it should be atm?

Also, I also just beat boss 55 again and it didn't unlock the Augmentation after Energy Buster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
That's sounds hosed up, got a save?