Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hello friends... but are any of you really friends? Does anyone actually have friends?

Pretty pretty pretty scummy to ask about people having friends, sounds like you might be hiding your friends

## vote hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

50 pounds of bread posted:

Pretty pretty pretty scummy to ask about people having friends, sounds like you might be hiding your friends

## vote hal

Hmmmm you seem to not be a friend. I appreciate the honesty though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

I DIDN'T POST EITHER WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE ME?!

##vote GooaT

If tonight's gonna be a good night in a game where bad things happen, then the scum must be you!

## vote chic trombone

## vote hal

tfw you bus your scum partners during d1 jokephase

##vote 50 pounds

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

b-minus1 posted:

##vote 50 pounds
Is this serious, or a joke vote?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

##vote 50 pounds
No u!

## vote bee movie

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Chic Trombone posted:

"anomalous is right" *canned laughter*

bad joke aside explain these posts

No one was posting anything so alone and left to my own devices, I just started gibbering nonsense.

I have no convictions, there are no smoking guns, just, eh, you know... normal awkwardness.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.
Hi everyone it's fun playing mafia Im new here how vote??..?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Derby Ghost posted:

Hi everyone it's fun playing mafia Im new here how vote??..?
Visit your local polling place! You can make a difference.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

PMush Perfect posted:

Visit your local polling place! You can make a difference.

I'm glad you voted for me for office then. I accept the position of good player

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Derby Ghost posted:

I'm glad you voted for me for office then. I accept the position of good player

I demand a recount

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I demand a recount

Eat my shorts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Post Small Bart.

Derby Ghost
Jan 13, 2018

A real piece of work.

PMush Perfect posted:

Post Small Bart.

Keep posting like that and you're gonna be in deep deep trouble, lady.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I need some pro strats to up my ELO rating.

Need to get moved up in the tier chart.

I mean not many players are imba these days with all the nerfs, but still...

What is a scum-tell? Who is really scum?

Questions for greater minds, certainly. Questions for greater minds.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

b-minus1 posted:

##vote 50 pounds

Are you saying that 50 and three other people are scum in this game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

THIS TWELVE PERSON GAME????

##vote b-minus

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote quid knows the number of scumbos

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I know it's not 4!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah u do

because u kno all thr scum

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
just give up now quid this is a ironclad case

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i'm gonna hit u with my wiimote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sounds like a night kill to me

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Need to get moved up in the tier chart.
I might not fully grasp your gibbering but there's a chart I can help move you up in! ##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

got off on a technicality posted:

I might not fully grasp your gibbering but there's a chart I can help move you up in! ##vote AA

:wink:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Is this serious, or a joke vote?

i find it a little odd that you're singling my post out of all the other d1 votes. but because you asked, i was only pointing out that 50 pounds seems to be throwing votes around, potentially as an early soft d1 bus of his scumteam during jokephase. so yeah, my vote was a serious as you can get on day 1, my favorite day in mafia.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

i find it a little odd that you're singling my post out of all the other d1 votes. but because you asked, i was only pointing out that 50 pounds seems to be throwing votes around, potentially as an early soft d1 bus of his scumteam during jokephase. so yeah, my vote was a serious as you can get on day 1, my favorite day in mafia.

I don't like this post either! The holier-than-thou OMGUS in the beginning looks real forced

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

I already agreed with Chic about Anon's walkback being weird. How do you feel about that, by the way?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Your vote on 50 felt like the kind of vote that hedges between joke and real, like you're throwing out a potential D1 dunk and if it doesn't stick, you can brush it off as being a jokevote. I asked because I wanted you to nail it down one way or the other.

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

b-minus1 posted:

i was only pointing out that 50 pounds seems to be throwing votes around, potentially as an early soft d1 bus of his scumteam during jokephase
This doesn't make sense to me. I don't think any of 50's first 3 votes can be taken seriously in any way, which means there's no bus. Now that you've confirmed your vote on 50 was serious, I have to say I found your vote rather odd. Certainly odder than 50's OMGUS, which seems more of a particularly self-aware joke than a real OMGUS

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A part of me can't really decide if I feel like b- is acting like caught scum, or overdefensive townie. But the rest of me has always known him to be pretty cool-headed and logical as a player. And, even putting meta aside, that's a really strong reaction to a question that isn't actually overtly accusatory of anything. I feel like a normal townie response would have been [continued jokevoting] or [yes it's real and here's me trying to convince you of my case], rather than immediately jumping down my throat about how I was singling him out.

##vote b-minus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

A part of me can't really decide if I feel like b- is acting like caught scum, or overdefensive townie. But the rest of me has always known him to be pretty cool-headed and logical as a player. And, even putting meta aside, that's a really strong reaction to a question that isn't actually overtly accusatory of anything. I feel like a normal townie response would have been [continued jokevoting] or [yes it's real and here's me trying to convince you of my case], rather than immediately jumping down my throat about how I was singling him out.

##vote b-minus

I was killed in the last game I played for not providing enough content on day 1, the part of mafia I hate the most. this time my plan was to actually provide some early reads. Like I already said, I did not like the way 50 pounds was throwing out votes for different players, which is why I posted my suspicion and voted for him. I admit I was a little annoyed when you asked me to explain whether my vote was a joke or serious. my post was “serious” in the sense that it reminded me of a previous game where you were scum, and during d1 you bussed your scum partners during jokephase, and then changed your vote once other wagons formed.
I’m not trying to act like I solved the game. I’m not saying that that every person that 50 pounds voted for is scum. I was only pointing out that I was suspicious of a player who had changed their vote more than anyone else because it reminded me of s scum tactic I had seen before.

Since nobody else seems to agree with me, I will##unvote. I do think it is strange that after I voted for 50 pounds, he immediately voted for me and then disappeared.

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
FWIW my read on you is overzealous town as opposed to scum, which is why I haven't voted for you so far

Also I wouldn't go so far as to say that no one agreed with you. Didn't Quid say something about 50's post

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

"anomalous is right" *canned laughter*

bad joke aside explain these posts

what's there to explain about these obvious joke posts.

why didn't you ask anyone else to explain their obvious joke posts?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote b-minus

The reply to pmush looks like self-aware forced lies to make an otherwise joke vote credible, because they are scum and got nervous that the joke had come under real scrutiny.

That's what I think.

Open and shut.

Slam and dunk.

Roger and Wilco.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm...

I don't like P Mush's follow up reply. The only reason I thought bmin scum was because I thought P Mush was asking jokingly about bmin's vote.

I'm torn between which reads more suspiciously.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is it more believable that at the time it all occurred that bmin thought there were 4 ish scum in this game or that pmush legitimately questioned the validity of the vote?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Is it more believable that at the time it all occurred that bmin thought there were 4 ish scum in this game or that pmush legitimately questioned the validity of the vote?

When I made that post, I didn't think that people would actually think that I thought there's four scum in this game. I was only suggesting that perhaps 50 pounds was soft busing his scumteam with some of his jokephase votes. I have since explained why that post pinged me - i've seen a similar play before.

I've been trying to make sense of why what I thought was a relatively harmless post blew up in my face. I reread the last page, and I now sort of understand why Pmush asked me to clarify my "serious" post. I think it's not because of my interpretation of 50 pounds' votes, but because I voted for him. When I made that post, I was well aware that we were still somewhat in jokephase, and everyone was making jokey votes based on non-serious reads. I was only trying to point out something that pinged me about 50 pounds, so I made a "serious" read and vote to see how he would respond (and other than immediately voting for me, he hasn't). I'd like to think that if I had made that post later in the game, when votes have much more weight to them, I would have only posted my reads without actually voting.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

what's there to explain about these obvious joke posts.

why didn't you ask anyone else to explain their obvious joke posts?

didn't get a feeling from anybody else's bad joke posts, but got a vibe from those duhhhhh

also i thought about it overnight and yeah i'm gonna ##vote AA

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I also think it's weird that you're defensive of that callout, a bunch of other people agreed it felt weird so i think you're the odd one out here pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

blew up in my face
I asked one question. You had no votes.

• Locked thread