Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Klungar posted:

From what I remember, each R required playing Druid for a while at least because you needed to build up Grand Balance to hit all 13 buildings for the actual production builds to work correctly.

I have never done this and am getting ready to click over to R78.

Here's my breakdown:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Toshimo posted:

They use druid bloodline for Mana generation, but it's built out of Titans.

I like the Titan RNG even less :negative:

It's not that I don't like playing Druids, but that particular gem range seems to be the slowest. Elf is really strong to start, Dwelf/Dwairy is pretty bonkers once it gets going, Mercs obviously are insane, but there's that weird bit in the middle where it just seems to take longer to get anywhere.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nibble posted:

I like the Titan RNG even less :negative:

You ignore the RNG once you get to that point. You are only using them for their passives.

Nibble posted:

It's not that I don't like playing Druids, but that particular gem range seems to be the slowest. Elf is really strong to start, Dwelf/Dwairy is pretty bonkers once it gets going, Mercs obviously are insane, but there's that weird bit in the middle where it just seems to take longer to get anywhere.

Yeah. It's a lovely spot. Make sure you have all the relevant secret trophy upgrades, though, because some of them are critical.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Eternalmajin posted:

NGU bug: If I hold A or D then pick up an item and drop it back on its same space, it swaps with the last inventory item. The item has to go into that opaque "you're about to move this item" state, and it has to be dropped on the same slot while still holding A or D. Ran into this while trying to speed through combining items.
I've had this happen a few times and wasn't sure what caused it.

Speaking of holding A/D/1/2/3 and clicking, it works fine on my desktop my laptop doesn't let the key combos work I assume it's some kind of keyboard hook for meta keys since Auto Hot Key doesn't do it either.

Instead of expecting Something to troubleshoot that mess can you add a set of buttons for all the abilities to the inventory screen? Just have them toggle on and off. It might even make the game more accessible! So a row with Auto Combine: | Boosts | Items | and another row with Transform | Power | Toughness | Special |

So how it would work is when enabled a normal left click would do that action until you toggle it off or select another one. Maybe even another button called "move" that would set it back to normal. You could even just change the hotkeys to select or highlight each of these buttons, selecting would keep the behavior the same for hotkeys and mouse only which would make it easier to troubleshoot and bugfix. Highlight only would keep it the same allowing for a smoother transition. You could make it a setting if you are feeling ambitious over a feature people will just get used to either way.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Toshimo posted:

I have never done this and am getting ready to click over to R78.

Here's my breakdown:

Looks like the build is obsolete with recent changes, but the Flower Ghoul build at R77+ required it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
NGU: Did the forest set completion bonus change in the last couple of days?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

NGU: Did the forest set completion bonus change in the last couple of days?

I maybe fixed the display on it with the last little fix. What it said you got and what you actually got were different.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

something posted:

I maybe fixed the display on it with the last little fix. What it said you got and what you actually got were different.

Idk, when I was looking at it a couple of days ago to farm it, I remember it saying it gave all magic (which meant Cloth was Energy, Sewers was Adventure stats, Forest was Magic, and Cave was back to Energy again). But now it gives energy (or maybe it always did and I'm dumb). Still, it would have made more sense to alternate bonuses instead of all being energy.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I supposed I could change the cave set to magic.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That said, since I don't have much magic, how worth it is it to drop XP into it now? I've got around 1800xp and I'm not certain how to proportion that out for shorter runs (Energy/Magic). I'd like to focus 15-min runs now if I can do that without totally killing my Number. Otherwise, I guess I could just save for a couple more days and get 3rd Acc slot.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Toshimo posted:

That said, since I don't have much magic, how worth it is it to drop XP into it now? I've got around 1800xp and I'm not certain how to proportion that out for shorter runs (Energy/Magic). I'd like to focus 15-min runs now if I can do that without totally killing my Number. Otherwise, I guess I could just save for a couple more days and get 3rd Acc slot.

Early game 10:1 energy:magic (cap) raw value seems to work pretty well. I'm pretty late and currently running 5:1 mostly because I feel I'm hitting diminishing returns on energy and blood magic is starting to do some interesting things (350k to cap the first skill). I'm planning on reigning it back a bit when that hits 1 magic to cap since that will mean 1,111,111 magic needed to max every blood magic bar.

The power I'm not sure the right ratio since I just have my spreadsheet do all the math for getting how much "effective total" magic / energy it gives (max * power). I use the cap as the ratio because power should already be balanced for being XP efficient.

I don't think I really touched magic until I had 1m energy, but magic was also more expensive back then. If you can't afford blood magic levels on your normal runs (for you 15 minutes) it's likely not going to be worth putting much in. Maybe for the time machine but magic always feels pretty weak there until you get 50+ energy Time Machine Levels and start multiplying the EN multiplier with the magic one.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Irritated Goat posted:

Ok. I'm slow. Forgive me.

In RG, I'm trying to build up to 1 Qi gems doing druid runs but it seems to be REAL slow. I let it offline for most of the day since I can't touch it too often and if I'm real lucky, I get 1 T gems in 8 hours of offline. Am I doing something wrong? I just unlocked priority spellcasting.

Offline progress is useless almost always (pre-ascension) since your mana generation rate is vastly lower and spells work differently. Stay online!

GB11 (Grand Balance hitting all 11 buildings) is based off mana produced this R, nothing else.

Most of A2 is playing as Druids. :gonk:

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I couldn't really get into ITRTG so I have skipped over NGU so far, but I decided to give it a try.

In Adventure, I can't seem to advance past the training level. Is there a counter somewhere of how many things I need to kill that I am missing? The left arrow brings me back to the Safe Zone but the right arrow does nothing. I see other zones in the dropdown but selecting them also does nothing.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Its not based on a kill count but rather what boss you have defeated in that rebirth. I should find a way to make that more clear...

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Merijn posted:

Offline progress is useless almost always (pre-ascension) since your mana generation rate is vastly lower and spells work differently. Stay online!

GB11 (Grand Balance hitting all 11 buildings) is based off mana produced this R, nothing else.

Most of A2 is playing as Druids. :gonk:

I'll probably have to basically abandon it then :( I enjoy idlers but most are leaning towards a more "active" attention and I just don't have that :(

Back to cookie clicker with me

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
The thing that boggles me the most about RG is that there are autocasting upgrades that let you idle much more effectively, and they're fairly affordable in terms of gold, but they're locked behind hours and hours of grinding mana production. I waited at least until I got Mercenaries unlocked, but even with dedicated mana regen builds reaching 370+ mana/s (before Fairy Chanting) it took me a couple days of just idling to unlock the useful autocast stuff.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Is anyone else unable to online save in ITRTG?

Edit: Apparently there was a bug and Ryu foxed it if anyone else was wondering.

something fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 31, 2018

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nibble posted:

The thing that boggles me the most about RG is that there are autocasting upgrades that let you idle much more effectively, and they're fairly affordable in terms of gold, but they're locked behind hours and hours of grinding mana production. I waited at least until I got Mercenaries unlocked, but even with dedicated mana regen builds reaching 370+ mana/s (before Fairy Chanting) it took me a couple days of just idling to unlock the useful autocast stuff.

24h+ idles aren't that uncommon in RG, really.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Irritated Goat posted:

I'll probably have to basically abandon it then :( I enjoy idlers but most are leaning towards a more "active" attention and I just don't have that :(
You can stay online and just idle - even if you're not doing anything, having stuff on autocast and generating mana and all that still beats out offline production.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can stay online and just idle - even if you're not doing anything, having stuff on autocast and generating mana and all that still beats out offline production.

that's how i've done it, barely ever gone offline.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
NGU I think I'm experiencing an intermittent bug where if I trash two combat cheeses in a row they turn into a cheddar amulet. Ive had it happen like 4 or 5 times now so I don't think I'm just accidentally trashing cheddar amulets instead.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 31, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
As a side note, I started going Titan on going for 1 Qi gems and it's going along a LOT faster than Druids. :shrug:

I'm sacrificing my poor Steam stats for keeping RG open too while I work.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
My friend started trying to play NGU and their screen is showing up like

Any idea what would cause this? They tried disabling both ublock and noscript for the page to see if it fixed it but it did not. They're in chrome.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Captain Foo posted:

24h+ idles aren't that uncommon in RG, really.

Yeah, one of the Dragon Challenges requires 25 days combined play of Faceless and Dragons....sooo that was a full 5 days of idling for me.

Spell tiers are multi-day upgrades as well. Realm Grinder definitely has idle times, but it shifts up the goals enough that it's still probably king of the idlers.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Lilli posted:

My friend started trying to play NGU and their screen is showing up like

Any idea what would cause this? They tried disabling both ublock and noscript for the page to see if it fixed it but it did not. They're in chrome.

Chrome has a weird issue with webGL and some graphics card cards. Intel's integrated graphics are part of the list.

have him go to chrome://flags/ and he needs to enable Override software rendering list.

Firefox will work just fine.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
In NGU, i've just unlocked challenges after beating Rick, should i jump straight into trying it?

I'm not quite sure what attack/defence NUMBER is as i cant find mention of it in the rebirth menu.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kin posted:

In NGU, i've just unlocked challenges after beating Rick, should i jump straight into trying it?

I'm not quite sure what attack/defence NUMBER is as i cant find mention of it in the rebirth menu.

It's the big rear end number at the top with a glowing red or green arrow. In all honesty it shouldn't take you too long to do a challenge even after just unlocking it. Your XP gives you the biggest benefits. If doing several runs of 1h or lower, usually first few runs will be 10-15 minutes) doesn't get you back to where you were in a day or two you were doing too long of runs and should be farming XP. It can be very beneficial to "bleed" some number off and do a few 15 minute long runs for massive XP and then do hour long runs after that. If your average run is over an hour you should re-evaluate how much XP you are getting.

If it's worth it or not is going to be well how much do you value a 10% increase to your adventure stats? You probably aren't too short on boosts yet because up until High Security Base they are pretty plentiful so the increased recycle isn't going to be useful. It's extremely useful later when you are trying to max out a new set and have a 100% recycle rate.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

pixaal posted:

Chrome has a weird issue with webGL and some graphics card cards. Intel's integrated graphics are part of the list.

have him go to chrome://flags/ and he needs to enable Override software rendering list.

Firefox will work just fine.

Thanks!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

NGU bugs: No Augments challenge is changing the wrong fastest wrong timer. I previously had done it during Christmas when I thought I wouldn't have much time to play (I didn't) and wanted the first completion bonus.

I beat my previous time of 2 days with a time of just under 6h. My basic record now lists the 5 hours, and I know that is wrong because I had it roughly at 2 hours.

I also have a feeling based on order that you expect the 100 level challenge to be harder, I have a 6h time on it and I did it a week after the no Aug run. Augments make a huge difference early on, and with Wandoos being so slow to build it's not really great for trying to snowball using sub 30 minute long runs. So no augs turns into a slow burn until you get blood magic then just heavily lean on that to boost until you hit a wall in the multiplier gain because of.

The second bug (2): The tiers of blood magic appear to be locked by progress. Nothing mentioned when they unlock and nothing prevents you from throwing magic into one that will just sit there even though you have 1e13 gold you can't start the 1e10 until you hit some point (seems to be close to sky).

Still pretty quick overall, I'd like to get them to 3-4 hours before chaining them until it's done though.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 31, 2018

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm at about boss 50 in NGU-- is there some sort of spreadsheet or something that allows me to see what the optimal allocation is for augments and whatnot?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

pixaal posted:

It's the big rear end number at the top with a glowing red or green arrow. In all honesty it shouldn't take you too long to do a challenge even after just unlocking it. Your XP gives you the biggest benefits. If doing several runs of 1h or lower, usually first few runs will be 10-15 minutes) doesn't get you back to where you were in a day or two you were doing too long of runs and should be farming XP. It can be very beneficial to "bleed" some number off and do a few 15 minute long runs for massive XP and then do hour long runs after that. If your average run is over an hour you should re-evaluate how much XP you are getting.

If it's worth it or not is going to be well how much do you value a 10% increase to your adventure stats? You probably aren't too short on boosts yet because up until High Security Base they are pretty plentiful so the increased recycle isn't going to be useful. It's extremely useful later when you are trying to max out a new set and have a 100% recycle rate.

Er, by boosts do you mean those numbers i occasionally get from the adventure mode instead of gear? I keep getting them now and again and popping them into whatever gear i have. I'm still in the forest cos the adventure mode seems really slow, so assumed i'm a long way out from getting anywhere near the security base.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

NGU bugs: No Augments challenge is changing the wrong fastest wrong timer. I previously had done it during Christmas when I thought I wouldn't have much time to play (I didn't) and wanted the first completion bonus.

I beat my previous time of 2 days with a time of just under 6h. My basic record now lists the 5 hours, and I know that is wrong because I had it roughly at 2 hours.

I also have a feeling based on order that you expect the 100 level challenge to be harder, I have a 6h time on it and I did it a week after the no Aug run. Augments make a huge difference early on, and with Wandoos being so slow to build it's not really great for trying to snowball using sub 30 minute long runs. So no augs turns into a slow burn until you get blood magic then just heavily lean on that to boost until you hit a wall in the multiplier gain because of.

The second bug (2): The tiers of blood magic appear to be locked by progress. Nothing mentioned when they unlock and nothing prevents you from throwing magic into one that will just sit there even though you have 1e13 gold you can't start the 1e10 until you hit some point (seems to be close to sky).

Still pretty quick overall, I'd like to get them to 3-4 hours before chaining them until it's done though.

I had been looking all over for why sometimes the basic challenge time had times that people didn't do, just found that bug thanks to you!

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Kin posted:

You should go for 1 completion of the 24 hour challenge (unlocked by doing a basic challenge in less than 24 hours) ASAP, since it ends up being between 30-40% more xp every run until you get much later in the game. I *think* you can probably do this as soon as you unlock basic challenges if you start it early in the day so you can have your overnight run boost you through the 50s, but maybe someone who has tried it recently can give more feedback.

Teddybear posted:

I'm at about boss 50 in NGU-- is there some sort of spreadsheet or something that allows me to see what the optimal allocation is for augments and whatnot?

It seems to be 'use scissors once you've unlocked Danger Scissors.' Before that it's generally 'get a couple levels in every boost, then spend the rest on the highest one you have unlocked.'

pixaal posted:

Yeah, 100 levels is less about raw power than having an effective strategy for spending the 100 levels, but I wouldn't recommend grinding out No Augs with less than 100k xp. It's just really hard and you need a bunch of NGU Power, a couple thousand in stat boosts, and enough blood magic to cap at least the first two skills to do more than 1 a day. The 25 completion bonus is quite strong, though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kin posted:

Er, by boosts do you mean those numbers i occasionally get from the adventure mode instead of gear? I keep getting them now and again and popping them into whatever gear i have. I'm still in the forest cos the adventure mode seems really slow, so assumed i'm a long way out from getting anywhere near the security base.
High Security Base is roughly the same difficulty as sky. You unlock it after murdering rick.

Boosts are the colorful numbers. You'll make use of them as you get them but you'll run out of things to boost before you get to level 100 gear. Later sets you need 2000+ special boosts and you'll hit level 100 gear long before you fully boost the gear. Larger boosts are also dropping at that point, but the total needed goes up so much faster.

Forest Pendant's evolution are the first item that will make you feel like you are "falling behind" don't worry it's normal and you aren't.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

pixaal posted:

When you talk about bleeding your number are you going from say 2E+036 down to 2E+030 and then letting a long run go for a bit to get it back to where you were? I've been just doing hour long runs while I'm at work and letting a long one run overnight and dropping it a little during the day. I'm not sure how far to bleed on 15 minute runs without completely gimping myself.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Virigoth posted:

When you talk about bleeding your number are you going from say 2E+036 down to 2E+030 and then letting a long run go for a bit to get it back to where you were? I've been just doing hour long runs while I'm at work and letting a long one run overnight and dropping it a little during the day. I'm not sure how far to bleed on 15 minute runs without completely gimping myself.

Number isn't as important as it seems, your XP lets you get back to where you were in ~a day. I did a challenge yesterday so my number reset, today I'm back to killing boss 90 doing 30 minute long runs and was at boss 81 after my overnight. My highest boss killed is 111, and that's from an overnight and it was pretty stable at overnight's getting me to 111 for a few days.

Do a few 15/30 runs get the number down get it back up. Your goal is XP. You should bleed the number dry with as much effort as you can before starting a challenge since it completely nukes it. I normally do 3-4 15 minute long runs to start a day (unless I did a challenge and plan on not doing one that day, then I just do 30/60 runs like normal). After that if I'm going to do a challenge I normally get bored of 15 minute long runs because they seem to take forever when you plan on starting a challenge. I do several 5/7/10 minute long runs and eventually get bored of that and just start doing runs that are only a few minutes long until I'm not nuking to sky anymore. This usually nets me 1k+ XP for 1-2 hours.

I wouldn't be that aggressive unless you were looking to run a challenge run 3-4 near the start of the day. If you are near a record high boss (which you likely are that early in the game) you might want to do a few hour long runs to push before doing the 3-4 15 minute long runs.

The main goal is to get a nice injection of XP.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Anyone still playing Idle Wizard? I'm up to around e148 mysteries and I've hit a brick wall in progression. Are there any builds other than Umbramancer that work at this point? I'm waiting on paragon 16 to unlock (craft 3 legendary items, so basically just waiting on craft resources and luck), at which point I'll be able to immediately jump to 18 -- I need e150 mysteries for 17, and I already have the requirements for 18 met. I could even probably pre-unlock 19.

I need a new idle game that's not ITRTG/NGU -- neither of those appealed to me, but I think I've done everything else out there. I unlocked all the eternity upgrades Antimatter Dimensions, I'm at R109 in RG, and I'm pushing HZE 500 in Trimps.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Anyone still playing Idle Wizard?
Yeah, but I'm at e90 mysteries + just unlocked Umbramancer so I'm way behind you :shobon:

Can you upgrade items all the way to legendary or do they cap at one tier below and you have to get super lucky in crafting new ones?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, but I'm at e90 mysteries + just unlocked Umbramancer so I'm way behind you :shobon:

Can you upgrade items all the way to legendary or do they cap at one tier below and you have to get super lucky in crafting new ones?

I just discovered that you can upgrade them to Legendary. I haven't been doing upgrading because I still haven't unlocked a single item for the ring slots, but I am now.

Once you unlock Umbramancer you should be able to shoot right to e135 with almost zero difficulty. I started doing serious umbra runs at e100 or so and was going up e3-e4 mysteries per run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Antimatter Dimensions just released a major update. Some new QoL stuff, bunch of new additions to the Time Studies tree, and Eternity Challenges (which I can't quite unlock yet).