Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

He's committed to more opinions than I have at this stage, to be fair.

I always get angry at suspicion targeting me, it colors my opinions badly so I'm gonna take a step back and try to get a fresh perspective.

Only after Bif said it was ok.

Bifauxnen posted:

oooh, ok NOW jokephase might be starting to wind down a bit.

I like where you're going with this, Gaspy. Allow me.

##vote Truth Quark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Little Mac posted:

this is bordering on cockney rhyming slang levels of connectivity

how hosed up is that i immediately got the connection

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nah disagree TQ. Asphyxious reads more to me like scum afraid to commit to an opinion because that draws attention to you.

Lol what the gently caress.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

no really lol what

like I may be totally being buddied up to and led around by a scum Gaspy right now, I'm well aware of that possibility, but regardless of alignment, the idea of Gaspy being afraid to commit to an opinion, or even more than that, being afraid of drawing attention, which he is always going to get no matter the loving what, that is fuckin hilarious.

Yeah he was being all like "this pings me, so does that!" But only tossed a vote AFTER you did, like he's trying to hide behind your general tendency to be considered towny for posting like there's no tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Lol what the gently caress.

:laffo: jynx

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nah disagree TQ. Asphyxious reads more to me like scum afraid to commit to an opinion because that draws attention to you.

Can you point out the posts that make you think this? And/or confirm you have the names where you intend them to be in this post?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i get the suspicion on gaspy but they're kinda a kiss rear end to Bif in general. :shrug:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah he was being all like "this pings me, so does that!" But only tossed a vote AFTER you did, like he's trying to hide behind your general tendency to be considered towny for posting like there's no tomorrow.

you're trying too hard ##vote tobbs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

now see that makes more sense

Too early to call yet for me though, Gaspy tends to not throw votes around willy-nilly like I am often so fond of doing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Only after Bif said it was ok.

Ah, I get it now.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no human being would be examining jokephase activity that closely

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

now see that makes more sense

Too early to call yet for me though, Gaspy tends to not throw votes around willy-nilly like I am often so fond of doing

To say the least. I don’t even like to vote D1 unless I’m pretty certain or someone’s being an arse.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

I do this every game. Jokephase is just “defences are down” phase for analysis.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

I am actually a homunculus created from the shards of the first Lumpenlists

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asphyxious posted:

Two pings on Quark.

Bifauxnen posted:

oooh, ok NOW jokephase might be starting to wind down a bit.

I like where you're going with this, Gaspy. Allow me.

##vote Truth Quark
Also

Asphyxious posted:

Think you’re barking up the wrong tree gene, also more and more sure Quark is scum.

##vote Truth Quark

Loving the setting of this one, Midgar is fun as all hell and the backgrounds are genuinely lovely to look at.

Mind you this sequence is in response to:

Truth Quark posted:

##vote Bif quick before she succumbs to madness

Truth Quark posted:

Then whats the majorgame???

##vote Tobbs GUT READ

Two pretty obvious joke votes.

I don't know TQ's alignment, but getting all suss about joke votes and then following the leader (Bif) looks scummy to me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i already knew australians werent human. i am speaking of tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Aaaand beaten.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

aaghghghh my eyes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

I am, in fact, role-playing my non-human character.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
are all mafia games this bizarre on day 1 these days

i can barely follow this poo poo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you gotta start somewhere, Tobbs. Jokephase is the primordial soup where we try and create something from nothing.

TQ made two obvious jokevotes, but they might've been tryhard jokevotes. It was worth a prod, and a while after that prodding, some interesting new stuff came up. The fact that TQ had to try and re-iterate the same old "uh... yeah that crazy Bif sure is crazy, haha!" tired joke he made in his first bad jokevote, but for even less reason now, pinged me a lot harder than anything that came before.

It's still a lovely D1 case, but I'm gonna keep pokin till we either catch a scum or we get into something that sounds more like a good ol townie slapfight.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Juchero posted:

are all mafia games this bizarre on day 1 these days

i can barely follow this poo poo

What feels bizarre about it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

analyzing when a vote appeared, on d1, seems orders of magnitude weirder to me tha n looking at the tone of peoples posts

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

analyzing when a vote appeared, on d1, seems orders of magnitude weirder to me tha n looking at the tone of peoples posts

Tell me who the scum is gulag so I can weirdly analyze their posts instead.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

friendos, we have 2 days and 5 hours, maybe chill ok

Phone posting blows so it's hard to do multi-quote posts, but this doesn't really make sense with the rest of tithin talking about a bandwagon. I originally thought this post was "hey maybe don't vote so much people" but if it's specifically about a bandwagon on Bif, that doesn't exist. 4 votes on one person and 3 on two others...

Wait I just realized it's the current votecount and so this post is loving useless to describe what tithin was actually seeing at the time and now I'm mad because you have made a self-editing post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina: tithin's post was made shortly after Tobbs' vote on me, so at that time I would have been at 5 votes.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the earier we kill bif the less we have to read their posts i dont see how thats a downside

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

the earier we kill tobbs the less we have to read their posts i dont see how thats a downside

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Not a whole lot, hanging out in New Orleans, had some beignets yesterday from cafe du monde would recommend.

##unvote

A little suss on tithin for freaking out about votes. Like, is he the vote police or something? Also he was sort of overexplaining himself which can happen to scum when they feel they've said something dumb and are going to catch heat for it.

Yeah let's ##vote tithin

This overexplaining thing is something I thought too. The need to correct himself when nobody had even said anything looks self-consciousness.

##vote tithin

This looks like the best vote right now.

The other stuff about people being too waffly in their votes or being too sure of themselves D1 just feels like playstyles butting against each other and none of it feels particularly compelling.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

look tobbs i only got one bullet rn i gotta be economical

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Asiina: tithin's post was made shortly after Tobbs' vote on me, so at that time I would have been at 5 votes.

It's more how many votes other people had. 5 votes on someone with none on anyone else is different than 5 versus two people with 4 or 3. And calling the second scenario a bandwagon is weird.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

look tobbs i only got one bullet rn i gotta be economical

Lee Harvey Oswald it I believe in you flerp

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Truth Quark posted:

What feels bizarre about it

i dunno none of it feels natural to me

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Juchero posted:

Gotta start somewhere. Tithin might complain about D1 being useless, but if we get a few people up on the chopping block and one of them eventually flips scum, you can get good info.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmm way to Mafia dad it up there tobbs, eventually finding a scum would be good, yes, I see

##vote tobbs

Since you've said you miss getting D1 turbo'd and all, why dont we lunch you to see if maybe your suspicions on tith and Gaspy are coming from a scum perspective?

Or maybe you're not really cool with getting lunched D1 and just trying real hard to look all cool and unconcerned

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Juchero posted:

I actually agree with you. We've kinda stormed straight through jokephase a lot earlier than I would have anticipated, which seems odd to me.

The thing is, if you're anti-town and driving this, I don't understand what exactly you get out of it. imo that's probably the more interesting puzzle at this point in time.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

hmm way to Mafia dad it up there tobbs, eventually finding a scum would be good, yes, I see

##vote tobbs

Since you've said you miss getting D1 turbo'd and all, why dont we lunch you to see if maybe your suspicions on tith and Gaspy are coming from a scum perspective?

Or maybe you're not really cool with getting lunched D1 and just trying real hard to look all cool and unconcerned

Put me up there with scum and I won't complain!

Is your heart really in this vote, Bif? Because your head sure isn't.

"Let's kill Tobbs to see if his opinions on tithin/Asphyxious are genuine."

They are. But in my experience nobody cares about your opinions after you're dead.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Put me up there with scum and I won't complain!

Is your heart really in this vote, Bif? Because your head sure isn't.

"Let's kill Tobbs to see if his opinions on tithin/Asphyxious are genuine."

They are. But in my experience nobody cares about your opinions after you're dead.

Like the literal first thing I do every time someone dies is reread all their interactions based on their flip.

Your opinions literally become vastly more valuable when you die because they contain solid information.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Natural 20 posted:

Like the literal first thing I do every time someone dies is reread all their interactions based on their flip.

Your opinions literally become vastly more valuable when you die because they contain solid information.

I said, "In my experience."

I can't really say more than that due to ongoing games etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I said, "In my experience."

I can't really say more than that due to ongoing games etc.

Your experience is wrong.

And you should feel wrong.

• Locked thread