Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Pod I both get a gut town read off as well as agreeing we shouldn’t punish people who are actually going to contribute, so again would rather not vote for pod.

NGO is guilty of basically the same style of play as TQ PLUS lurking so I’d vote for him.

what do you mean, the same style of play? How can you even tell?

Starting to think we got a Pod/Gaspy scumteam here, buds :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Bifauxnen posted:

what do you mean, the same style of play? How can you even tell?

Starting to think we got a Pod/Gaspy scumteam here, buds :dance:

Piggybacking. Not being interested in the cases/how people are posting, but being super enthusiastic to drive votes forward. “Just wanting to vote for the vote leaders” isn’t town play.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

See the problem with saying this is that now Pod knows it's just pressure.

well it's not even pressure if I can't get anyone else to bloody vote with me :/

But yeah I'm feeling real uneasy about Pod and Gaspy being scum backing each other up right now. That push for "NGO having the same play as TQ" sounds completely fake from Gaspy, there is nothing there to actually draw any similarities like that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Piggybacking. Not being interested in the cases/how people are posting, but being super enthusiastic to drive votes forward. “Just wanting to vote for the vote leaders” isn’t town play.

hmmmmmm, I dont know, "same style of play" didn't really sound right when TQ has been posting way more than NGO, with quite varying levels of seriousness

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Are you feeling alright? They’re doing the same stuff, NGO with intent, TQ with “joke votes”. Playing follow the leader in a way that diminishes all accountability. Also to get a bit meta here, if I was scum I wouldn’t be standing up for pod. If he took any heat I’d either avoid him or (infinitely more likely) bus him hard for cred :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmmmmm, I dont know, "same style of play" didn't really sound right when TQ has been posting way more than NGO, with quite varying levels of seriousness

NGO literally has six posts, only two of them actually related to the game being played wherein he says, paraphrasing

"who should I vote for"
and
"looking forward to voting for tobbs and gnawed"

Not sure I buy gaspys reasoning here that TQ and NGO have the same style of play because TQ is interacting and discussing, even if his tone is off to me, whereas NGO strikes me as utterly disinterested in the game entirely.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Yeah uh, what? I mean I guess I've been doing mostly commenting on what other people have said or cased, but it's been with original points others hadn't made yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Are you feeling alright? They’re doing the same stuff, NGO with intent, TQ with “joke votes”. Playing follow the leader in a way that diminishes all accountability.

NGO "with intent", oh ok, that sounds like a rather different style of play though, especially from someone who likes to analyse the language people use, and NGO has barely given us any. I think you overreached and need to retcon here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

and that "are you feeling all right" is pretty funny too - WHAT?! How could you possibly not see how this person with almost no posts at all has the same internal mental intent as this person with a whole bunch of different dodgy posts, how could you not POSSIBLY get that that was what I meant?! :rolleyes:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i still think pod is the smart vote here, but i'm willing to switch to NGO to ensure a lurker lynch

either way is fine with me

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

NGO "with intent", oh ok, that sounds like a rather different style of play though, especially from someone who likes to analyse the language people use, and NGO has barely given us any. I think you overreached and need to retcon here.

No I think people need to stop over extrapolating “same style of play” to weird hyper-literal conclusions. It’s a comment on one aspect of their gameplay, the motive. Pretending I was claiming they were identical is loving dumb. If they had that strong a similarity I’d be calling it out a gently caress of a lot harder.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Gaspy from a quick scan I don’t think NGO has a single non-joke post in this entire game, what intent are you even talking about

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

gently caress it, the more I look at NGO the less I like him

6 posts in 3 days is loving garbage play

##vote ngo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

No I think people need to stop over extrapolating “same style of play” to weird hyper-literal conclusions. It’s a comment on one aspect of their gameplay, the motive. Pretending I was claiming they were identical is loving dumb. If they had that strong a similarity I’d be calling it out a gently caress of a lot harder.

even if they do have the exact same motives and intentions, doing so through lurking like hell and doing so while giving us actual posts to go on is still a very big difference in playing style. Even if you dont agree for some reason that it's a relevant difference, it's kind of silly for you to act like it's some totally unthinkable way to react to your post.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

even if they do have the exact same motives and intentions, doing so through lurking like hell and doing so while giving us actual posts to go on is still a very big difference in playing style. Even if you dont agree for some reason that it's a relevant difference, it's kind of silly for you to act like it's some totally unthinkable way to react to your post.

Okay Bif you seem to get Gaspy, how is he reading any motives at all into NGO making 6 fluffposts

What am I missing here

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

Okay Bif you seem to get Gaspy, how is he reading any motives at all into NGO making 6 fluffposts

What am I missing here

Do you mean tithin?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

What am I missing here

you're missing nothing, I think he's being scummy :v:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My work schedule got messed up, I had to actually show up in the am my time, sneaking a post out on the line. I'll be off at least an hour before deadline, hopefully two though, so it isn't all bad.

I would be happy with an ngo lurker vote, am still pretty suspicious of pod.

GeneX posted:

What am I missing here

I am here myself

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’d vote gaspy for that. I don’t like day 1 lurker lynches

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Do you mean tithin?

No I dislike tithin for different reasons*, I mean Gaspy going on about motives and intent while the only intent I can think of for NGO is a completely generic, mafia 101 “why might a player lurk and fluffpost” seminar that says nothing about alignment

Bifauxnen posted:

you're missing nothing, I think he's being scummy :v:

Oh okay cool

* this post in particular, an argument against any voting or casing at all on D1, being argued at a time when there was a grand total of 1 real vote on the lynch leader

tithin posted:

seriously folks, day 1, if you think "I'VE GOT SOMETHING" you're probably loving wrong because it's day one and the odds of dunking a scum on day one is slim to gently caress all

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’d vote gaspy for that. I don’t like day 1 lurker lynches

the problem though, is you never lunch Gaspy D1.

I do like D1 lurker lunches.

##vote NGO

just keep it on the record that Gaspy deserves some major scrutiny, and I am not too impressed with Pod's play either

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

* this post in particular, an argument against any voting or casing at all on D1, being argued at a time when there was a grand total of 1 real vote on the lynch leader

Hm, I forgot about that one tithin post. That I see as a better reason to vote him, yeah. But would still rather vote NGO.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

No I dislike tithin for different reasons*, I mean Gaspy going on about motives and intent while the only intent I can think of for NGO is a completely generic, mafia 101 “why might a player lurk and fluffpost” seminar that says nothing about alignment

Oh okay cool

Bear in mind it was written at 837am, while on a commute from a poo poo nights sleep, so it's worded poorly and crankily

my general philosophy for day 1 has always been that data points are non-existant*, so it is difficult to make an informed choice - which is why the day needs to be stretched as long as possible for peoples opinions and poo poo to get out there into the game, that becomes a data point later in the game

It's poorly phrased, but that's what I'm putting out there, I'm absolutely not saying DON'T VOTE, DON'T CASE, JUST FREEZE IN PLACE SOLID FOR 3 DAYS.

*this is obviously excluding games with an active n0, which ocassionally occur.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but man, if Gaspy wasn't worth keeping around longer to bus all his scumbros I'd totally wanna go for it for this post:

Asphyxious posted:

lol not just literal, but HYPER literal! Interpreting "same style of play" to mean "posting in a similar way, in this game which is played by posting" is just that far beyond reason!!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

Bear in mind it was written at 837am, while on a commute from a poo poo nights sleep, so it's worded poorly and crankily

my general philosophy for day 1 has always been that data points are non-existant*, so it is difficult to make an informed choice - which is why the day needs to be stretched as long as possible for peoples opinions and poo poo to get out there into the game, that becomes a data point later in the game

It's poorly phrased, but that's what I'm putting out there, I'm absolutely not saying DON'T VOTE, DON'T CASE, JUST FREEZE IN PLACE SOLID FOR 3 DAYS.

*this is obviously excluding games with an active n0, which ocassionally occur.

Maf edit, it was posted on sunday morning, so no commute (that was yesterday).

same poo poo though, I was tired and cranky, and worded my statement poorly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

but man, if Gaspy wasn't worth keeping around longer to bus all his scumbros I'd totally wanna go for it for this post:

lol not just literal, but HYPER literal! Interpreting "same style of play" to mean "posting in a similar way, in this game which is played by posting" is just that far beyond reason!!

I agree with you here. I really don't see how you get any motive/style of play at all out of NGO's posts, and the further explanations don't really follow for me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You aren’t the boss of me anymore Bif

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##vote NGO

since the vote has shifted so much, this seems like my favorite option for a lunch today, and a second dead lurker might get the remainder to start participating

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

NevergirlsOFFICIAL (5): Truth Quark, b-minus1, tithin, Bifauxnen, Juchero
Tobbs Gnawed (3): Your Personal Muse, flerp, Moatillata, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, flerp, Moatillata, Juchero, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Juchero, Tobbs Gnawed
tithin (3): King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed
Truth Quark (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (1): Truth Quark, IllegallySober, Little Mac, Truth Quark, flerp, GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, GeneX, IllegallySober
Podima (1): GeneX, GeneX, Bifauxnen, Juchero, GeneX, Bifauxnen, Juchero
flerp (1): Dick Bastardly
Mithross (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
King Burgundy (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Truth Quark, Asiina, Truth Quark
Asphyxious (0): GulagDolls, Truth Quark, GulagDolls, Truth Quark
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (8): Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Mithross, Moatillata, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 05th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 20 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not opposed to a lurker lunch.

##vote NGO

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
No, me neither. I'm unsure if we're going to get very much out of the next few hours, but:

##vote NGO

If something comes up that's compelling I'll make sure I have a look.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this D1's been productive enough, imo. And yeah, I like the point that killing TWO lurkers today should help light a fire under people's rear end

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Phone posting

I think bifs confidence in the gaspy/pod stuff rings as really false to me. Either they're coasting on said confidence and lying or so full of false bravado that other scum are latching on. After spending a game with bif making bad judgement calls I'm wary of their stuff being taken as gospel

I'll vote ngo but closer to deadline. Someone tell me why bif's cases are remotely trustworthy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lolllllllllll

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Little Mac posted:

Phone posting

I think bifs confidence in the gaspy/pod stuff rings as really false to me. Either they're coasting on said confidence and lying or so full of false bravado that other scum are latching on. After spending a game with bif making bad judgement calls I'm wary of their stuff being taken as gospel

I'll vote ngo but closer to deadline. Someone tell me why bif's cases are remotely trustworthy

Might help if you read and took your own conclusions from their posts, but it boils down to, paraphrasing

1/ Gaspy said TQ and NGO had similar posting styles
2/ Bif asked how, given TQ was posting, and NGO wasn't
3/ Gaspy said that NGO was lurking "with intent" and piggybacking, with TQ piggybacking
4/ Bif points out that by his own definition, they don't have similar posting styles, and she's pinged that as scummy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

After spending a game with bif making bad judgement calls I'm wary of their stuff being taken as gospel

you sit through nearly a solid month of people doing poo poo like not healing the one super hurt person you said to heal, or Infinitum, just Infinitum, and then get back to me about making bad judgement calls fuckwad

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

you sit through nearly a solid month of people doing poo poo like not healing the one super hurt person you said to heal, or Infinitum, just Infinitum, and then get back to me about making bad judgement calls fuckwad

Now who exactly drafted Infi?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Like all of this is on the last two pages, so we're not talking a 10 page deep dive here or nothing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Natural 20 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Running the official Auspol thread was part of the responsibility I figured I was taking on

You were my first choice of the whole game btw so I'd watch you dont shoot yourself in the foot here :cheeky:

• Locked thread