Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote ngo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

then get back to me about making bad judgement calls fuckwad

this again? Is it impossible for auspol folks to not be awful?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Lurker lynches dumb

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Someone said my case was bad. I should immediately resort to name-calling. I am "the meta"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

I am a very pleasant person when people dont piss me the gently caress off

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

I am a very pleasant person when people dont piss me the gently caress off

Not my problem your cases aren't convincing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

Not my problem your cases aren't convincing

that wasn't even what I was griping at you about in the first place, mate

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

['MATE' DEPLOYED]

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVhFOXUwlz8

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote Little Mac

Don’t be an rear end in a top hat, dude

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’m not sold on Bif’s read on me, her content is town bif but like Tithin her tone is well off from normal so I’m going to be watching her a bit.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think you’ll find bif’s gaspy case convincing even if we aren’t allowed to kill him for some ???? Reason

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

GeneX posted:

##vote Little Mac

Don’t be an rear end in a top hat, dude

yes I was being an rear end in a top hat

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think you’ll find bif’s gaspy case convincing even if we aren’t allowed to kill him for some ???? Reason

I don’t understand any of this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I don’t understand any of this.

I do, cmon

he thinks the case is good but doesnt think me saying no one should ever lunch you D1 is good

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Little Mac posted:

yes I was being an rear end in a top hat

Little Mac posted:

Bif getting angry and cursing at you isn’t great either but it was an exclamation point on her frustration, this is just a straight insult

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I’m not sold on Bif’s read on me, her content is town bif but like Tithin her tone is well off from normal so I’m going to be watching her a bit.

ok, good to know I should prolly disregard this game's tithin readings

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

tithin posted:

Might help if you read and took your own conclusions from their posts, but it boils down to, paraphrasing

1/ Gaspy said TQ and NGO had similar posting styles
2/ Bif asked how, given TQ was posting, and NGO wasn't
3/ Gaspy said that NGO was lurking "with intent" and piggybacking, with TQ piggybacking
4/ Bif points out that by his own definition, they don't have similar posting styles, and she's pinged that as scummy.

Okay so how in the world is that a good case??? I dunno, seems a bit out there to me. Not sold and people supporting it are sus

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Dear forum user Little Mac,

Your assertion that Bif’s cases are unconvincing is unfounded. I, for one found, her case on Gaspy to be quite good and agree with it. However, I am confounded as to why she would say we are not allowed to lynch the rapscallion today.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

GeneX posted:

Bif getting angry and cursing at you isn’t great either but it was an exclamation point on her frustration, this is just a straight insult

Awful to other people. All of my auspol interactions are name-calling and generally being lovely in the name of MAFIA FUN

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

ok, good to know I should prolly disregard this game's tithin readings

If you run into one rear end in a top hat in the morning, you probably just ran into an rear end in a top hat. If you run into assholes all day...?

Little Mac posted:

Okay so how in the world is that a good case??? I dunno, seems a bit out there to me. Not sold and people supporting it are sus

I don't think it's a case so much as it's a logical inconsistency, something to bear in mind.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Dear forum user Little Mac,

Your assertion that Bif’s cases are unconvincing is unfounded. I, for one found, her case on Gaspy to be quite good and agree with it. However, I am confounded as to why she would say we are not allowed to lynch the rapscallion today.

Little Mac posted:

people supporting it are sus

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Little Mac posted:

Awful to other people. All of my auspol interactions are name-calling and generally being lovely in the name of MAFIA FUN

Eh, game aside auspol games are usually pretty chill even though we haven't had any in quite some time. Most of the auspol regulars just kinda, hosed off into the main mafia group at some point.

Dunno why everyone seems so high strung of late, Bif I can understand, coming off shine V

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

That was for gaspy who claims illiteracy for all my posts, and also, what’s wrong with the gaspy case?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
More specifically, why do you think people are scum for buying into it?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That was for gaspy who claims illiteracy for all my posts, and also, what’s wrong with the gaspy case?

I don't think it's a surefire hit. I didn't read gasoys posts as being anything out of the ordinary.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

If you run into one rear end in a top hat in the morning, you probably just ran into an rear end in a top hat. If you run into assholes all day...?

you're posting in Auspol? :v:

like lol I dont care about the being awful remark, it's just funny how LMac's trying to spin it as me being mad one person didnt like my case, as opposed to what I actually said which was a hair-trigger rant at some TX lurker who shoulda seen all that bullshit first hand

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Little Mac posted:

I don't think it's a surefire hit. I didn't read gasoys posts as being anything out of the ordinary.

Ok. You don’t agree with the case. I’m going to assume you don’t immediately suspect everyone who doesn’t agree with you, so there must be something about this case in particular that makes you suspect those that believe in it. Care to enlighten me what that thing is?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have had a real bad sadbrains sort of day but will do my best to catch up tonight, I apologize in advance if I have to call a mulligan on today and get back into it tomorrow. (I'm OK though, I did just get good news about something that was weighing heavily on me so that helps!)

Bifauxnen posted:

And if 5 jokevotes on me makes you think "bah whatever it needs 8 more, must be super fake to care about that" Wouldn't someone that only me and Gaspy actually casing need a lot more push and rallying the troops to get bloody anywhere close tp a lunch? Why are you so concerned, Pod?

To clarify - the ping on Gaspy was less about the push on TQ itself and more about his framing TQ as "the best lunch to be had today" that early on D1. I don't like that kind of absolute language, but your point is valid about whether there was rallying to go with the words. When I go back and reread I'll take another look at that engagement and how much pushing he's done on TQ since.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pod, game aside, I'm always happy to listen if you need to vent.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Juchero posted:

tru again

unfortunately i didn't pick the target

now i feel a little bad

what on earth is this distancing

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it's worth noting that while I would normally have categorized dayvigs as more likely to be townie than scummy purely on the balance of mechanics, for whatever reason scum dayvigs have been popping up much more lately.

Also:

Juchero posted:

well, i mean tired mortiz suggested killing a lurker

i asked them which lurker and provided a handy list

then they picked chaoslord, not knowing what they were choosing

then i typed out a dayvig

as to why, day 1 was getting really boring and i thought this might inspire some activity

This post is nonsense, there was plenty of casing going on (of me admittedly) and he had a vote on me. Why wouldn't he just shoot me and be done with it if he was so concerned about the day becoming boring?

This is not a townie train of thought.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Podima posted:

I have had a real bad sadbrains sort of day but will do my best to catch up tonight, I apologize in advance if I have to call a mulligan on today and get back into it tomorrow. (I'm OK though, I did just get good news about something that was weighing heavily on me so that helps!)

To clarify - the ping on Gaspy was less about the push on TQ itself and more about his framing TQ as "the best lunch to be had today" that early on D1. I don't like that kind of absolute language, but your point is valid about whether there was rallying to go with the words. When I go back and reread I'll take another look at that engagement and how much pushing he's done on TQ since.

I don’t really rally I’m just very good at this and assume that if town want to bag a scum they’ll listen to me.

That and when I do rally and people don’t listen to me I lose my poo poo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

As such, Pod: Assuming for the moment that you really do need to reread, what do you actually think of Gaspy overall at this point? How about Bif?

This was a good post, I will respond to it after my reread. The point about TQ not sharing his theory re: my posts is solid.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmm I dont know Pod, dayvigging someone D1 who's still actually participating seems kind of dickish, and if you are being cased, you might just get lunched the natural way, like the Lifestream intended. I think there's a lot of townies out there who'd hold off and shoot a lurker instead of their top scum read, since lurkers can often be harder to rally a lunch around.

I mean yeah Juch has got that bad ducking of responsibility, which is scummy, but saying there's no townie motivation to shoot some lurker instead of you? That feels like a stretch.

In fact, it sounds a bit ~overly certain~ of you if I want to get extra obnoxious about it, haha

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

I don’t really rally I’m just very good at this and assume that if town want to bag a scum they’ll listen to me.

That and when I do rally and people don’t listen to me I lose my poo poo.

Huh.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It’s better this way. I’m like... 80% less obnoxious than I used to be, as Bif can attest.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

It’s better this way. I’m like... 80% less obnoxious than I used to be, as Bif can attest.

Yeah I picked up the torch

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
"post as I catch up" casing is the worst pod

just the absolute worst

to answer your question, I thought it would be more fun for someone to pick my target without knowing what they were actually committing to

and it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I just didn’t think anyone actually thought they were good at mafia because, in fact, everyone is very bad

• Locked thread