Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

out of all of these votes, ypm's looks the worst imo.

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

wow, i leave for 45 minutes and the wagon has shifted to db?

b-minus1 posted:

either that or scum quickly voting to avoid no lynch before db can type up his claim

b-minus1 posted:

I never said I believe he's town. i have no idea. im only pointing out that there's been 3 votes since db said he was gonna claim. I don't understand the urge to hammer when we still have 30 minutes until deadline.

A lot of real concern about DB, when his only serious vote all game:

b-minus1 posted:

i echo those on board with a ngo lynch. they've made only actual in-game post

lol.

##vote NGO

Was on another lurker. That and he's one of the players who was around at deadline but didn't want to vote DB.

I think he's scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Hmm that actually looks like a good catch.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

I never said I believe he's town. i have no idea. im only pointing out that there's been 3 votes since db said he was gonna claim. I don't understand the urge to hammer when we still have 30 minutes until deadline.

Also want to draw attention to this. 30 minutes to deadline is when you need to scramble for votes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

there was no explanation for the vote. could be scum sensing the inevitable lynch. asiina and asphyxious at least waited to vote after db's bs VT fakeclaim

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Yeah the one that stands out there to me is Asiina :/

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Was on another lurker. That and he's one of the players who was around at deadline but didn't want to vote DB.

I think he's scum.

This is pretty good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I was sus on Pod on my readthrough of D1.

I cleared him since he's the first person to have dropped a vote on DB, but now that could easily have been just him trying to out the other scumteam.

I was getting gradually less and less suss on Pod when he came back and was getting to work casing people as deadline approached. The DB thing would've sealed the deal, but even now that it doesn't, I'm still feeling less suspicious of him in general.

As for the choice of killing tithin, I do find that surprising from the Turks team given that tithin had a fair bit of heat on him and would be a good mislunch candidate. It might be a hint that they were well aware of there being multiple teams, and they genuinely want to try and cut down their competition?

....actually wait. The Turks team, of course they'd suspect that even if it wasn't spelled out for them. They'd expect Shinra to be the main bad guys.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think he's scum.

i get why those posts make you suspicious but it's not that i didn't want to vote db. i really didn't care either way tbh.

i can already sense that others are latching on to this case. why don't you try looking back at some of my previous posts? it might help you to realize that i am not scum but am in fact very town

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

there was no explanation for the vote. could be scum sensing the inevitable lynch. asiina and asphyxious at least waited to vote after db's bs VT fakeclaim

ok but not to be super self conscious, i did literally the same thing as ypm. why is he the most suspicious but not me, who you dont bring up?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

ok but not to be super self conscious, i did literally the same thing as ypm. why is he the most suspicious but not me, who you dont bring up?

i only scrolled down from the tithin post that you linked lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

out of all of these votes, ypm's looks the worst imo.

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah the one that stands out there to me is Asiina :/

I think Gaspy's is the worst actually :cheeky: unlike YPM, who has a (possibly fake, but still) excuse of holding onto the LMac vote because he actually believed in that case, or Asiina who seemed to just want to lunch whoever so we didn't end in a no-lunch, Gaspy was around the whole time near deadline but didn't take part as much as much as me or Pod in trying to actually work out who was the best lunch candidate. While others were still debating down to the wire to work out the best lunch possible and did so, he was throwing his hands up saying why don't we just no-lunch!

##vote Gaspy

That's right. Go big or go home.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

i get why those posts make you suspicious but it's not that i didn't want to vote db. i really didn't care either way tbh.

i can already sense that others are latching on to this case. why don't you try looking back at some of my previous posts? it might help you to realize that i am not scum but am in fact very town

Before the NGO vote it looked mostly like jokes.

Can you point out whatever it is you think demonstrates your towniness?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes I was slow to move my vote onto flipped scum. I was busy already voting scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey bminus. Didn't you imply something you were doing to Bif? Is she town?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Would still vote Gaspy for reasons given yesterday.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Gaspy's is the worst actually :cheeky: unlike YPM, who has a (possibly fake, but still) excuse of holding onto the LMac vote because he actually believed in that case, or Asiina who seemed to just want to lunch whoever so we didn't end in a no-lunch, Gaspy was around the whole time near deadline but didn't take part as much as much as me or Pod in trying to actually work out who was the best lunch candidate. While others were still debating down to the wire to work out the best lunch possible and did so, he was throwing his hands up saying why don't we just no-lunch!

##vote Gaspy

I agree with this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also, even if Gaspy is on the Shinra team instead of the Turk team, he would totally bus his scumbro tith if he was making too many objectively wrong plays. That "well his tone sounds off" sounds like a nice way to get in some nice distancing shade.

Also, he also thought MY tone was off, which it isn't :colbert:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Gaspy

Listen I hate gaspy as much as the next guy (an incredible, tremendous amount) but I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Reading over him, I think he was too sincere about TQ.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

i only scrolled down from the tithin post that you linked lol

i love u bee movie

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Listen I hate gaspy as much as the next guy (an incredible, tremendous amount)

that guy sucks

Listen I hate gaspy as much as the next guy (an incredible, tremendous amount) but I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Reading over him, I think he was too sincere about TQ.

ok so if it's genuine, maybe they're on the other scum team. Even if scum weren't explicitly told about multiple teams, the Turks at least should've figured it out and it looks like they did.

Hey wait I thought you thought my Gaspy case was good

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Gaspy

I was angling for no lunch because I wasn’t sold on NGO and had a town read on lil Mac. Had no issues at all lunching db.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I was angling for no lunch because I wasn’t sold on NGO and had a town read on lil Mac. Had no issues at all lunching db.

then why weren't you voting him till hammertime?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Bifauxnen posted:

that guy sucks

ok so if it's genuine, maybe they're on the other scum team. Even if scum weren't explicitly told about multiple teams, the Turks at least should've figured it out and it looks like they did.

Hey wait I thought you thought my Gaspy case was good

It was but my brain tells me it no longer is.

##vote LMac

I still want to murder him but I haven’t re-evaluated him in light of the flips

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It was but my brain tells me it no longer is.

ok but today there is BETTER stuff :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

then why weren't you voting him till hammertime?

This is weird. There was plenty of votes on him, I don’t like making votes when I’m not certain, people were still talking so why rush it?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think he's scum.

I'm completely on board with this case

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

lol if the lurker swing last night was one scum team pushing off NGO onto another scum team.

I KNOW RIGHT! I was so happy that we lynched scum because my vote at that time was a clear townie move (imho) but now it's like welp maybe I'm in the OTHER scum team (I'm not btw)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

This is weird. There was plenty of votes on him, I don’t like making votes when I’m not certain, people were still talking so why rush it?

What do you mean "there was plenty of votes on him", we were making the move to DB away from two other people who had more votes sitting on them. Getting more in early is important to make sure people see the lunch as actually possible and viable. If you weren't feeling NGO, and had an active townread on LMac who we were shifting towards by then, but had no problems voting DB, why not help make sure that switch was a sure thing, to save LMac?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What do you mean "there was plenty of votes on him", we were making the move to DB away from two other people who had more votes sitting on them. Getting more in early is important to make sure people see the lunch as actually possible and viable. If you weren't feeling NGO, and had an active townread on LMac who we were shifting towards by then, but had no problems voting DB, why not help make sure that switch was a sure thing, to save LMac?

Because I was voting for TQ because that’s what my vote is. I have no interest in “saving” little mac or whatever, he was just the least good candidate at the time.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

Hey bminus. Didn't you imply something you were doing to Bif? Is she town?

i don't know if she's town, especially now that there are two confirmed scum factions, but yes i hung out with bif last night. nothing to report other than that though

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm completely on board with this case

LOL

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
And what exactly does "hunt out with" imply?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'd like to see b-minus really try to come up with an explanation, but they're definitely on my top scum list now. that whole series of posts rubs me wrong

##vote b-minus1

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote b-minus1 this is nonsense so far and I would like an explanation.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
help im being bullied by scum

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

At least I now know why this game keeps looking like scummy players rounding on scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Before the NGO vote it looked mostly like jokes.

Can you point out whatever it is you think demonstrates your towniness?

Early on D1, he soft claimed what I thought was Brutal Cop. If that was really his claim, I can see why he'd think that makes him look super towny.

But now he seems to be implying he is just a mason? Or a mason jailer/killer? God knows. In any case, I see no reason why that would make him towny, and his current shifting claim does not seem to be at all consistent with his soft claim earlier.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

Full stop I would not be that much of an rear end in a top hat to case someone based on when I know they'll be asleep vs not, entirely regardless of alignment. That's not how I play. You're going a little too paranoid here, considering I didn't even vote you.

Shade is shade. You wouldn't have thrown a vote out because it would have had literally no momentum. The idea that I was weighing in in the same way as I was with Bif was raised. When I asked why the initial point I raised was illegitimate I got no response and then when I can't respond I get an elaboration saying that I'm acting in a manner that's non-committal. Having committed my own vote prior to that based on a quick analysis of risk and reward around lunching a lurker against someone who might turn the tide.

It's not even an rear end in a top hat move to me, I take a risk playing Mafia because I'll be asleep over deadline. That's something that people should rightly take advantage of and that I have a job to mitigate.

In any case, the b-minus1 case is a lot better than anything I'm tugging at here at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Early on D1, he soft claimed what I thought was Brutal Cop. If that was really his claim, I can see why he'd think that makes him look super towny.

But now he seems to be implying he is just a mason? Or a mason jailer/killer? God knows. In any case, I see no reason why that would make him towny, and his current shifting claim does not seem to be at all consistent with his soft claim earlier.

Back at computer, so can quote the posts:

b-minus1 posted:

im gonna do a thing stay tuned

b-minus1 posted:

I already did a thing and I’ve got good news. As long as you’re not scum you’re gonna live to see another day

• Locked thread