Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

bif is definitely scum ## vote Bifauxnen

I'm not scum I'm just leaving my thoughts here so when I flip y'all will know I posted sincerely
was bif screaming at you in the scumchat or something? lol

I take back my bif vote
Read TQ and LM I'm okay voting for either of them.
## vote little mac
when asked to explain a vote"

I can't really I just have a feeling in my heart

gonna ##unvote for a minute

I'm like 80% sure you are though

why are you so noncommittal with some of your scum reads? "unvote for a minute" "I'm 80% sure"?? You either believe my claim or you don't. right now it looks like you're just waiting to see whether or not my lynch wagon gains momentum.
##vote ngo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I unvoted after your fullclaim lmao are you mad about that for some reason

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have literally 30 earth hours to decide who to vote

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey bminus plz answer this question you conviently skipped over ty

flerp posted:

bminus, why did you decide the best way to play your role is to announce who you were protecting?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

That's a good q flerp

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh a reread of beamin' seems genuine and organic although weird. I mean I guess I've done dumber things myself.

##vote Moat

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

He announced it the next day though, he only made the post that was allegedly a hint.

If you're trying to fault his logic that's one thing, but I feel like this argument is a misrepresentation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

He announced it the next day though, he only made the post that was allegedly a hint.

If you're trying to fault his logic that's one thing, but I feel like this argument is a misrepresentation.

Like he claimed to prot. Bif d2, after weird d1 comment, but that you're town could have been ambiguous. I didn't think he actually meant bif.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Boss makes a dollar, and I make a dime that's why i shitpost on company time, but time to close out this day. Byeeee

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

i want to know, from him, his reasoning for his claiming to protect bif. im not trying to misrepresent him at all. im trying to get him to explain his reasoning it so i DONT misrepresent him.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Like he claimed to prot. Bif d2, after weird d1 comment, but that you're town could have been ambiguous. I didn't think he actually meant bif.

b-minus1 posted:

well, i was genuinely concerned that my breadcrumbs were too obvious and i would be nk'd 1. turns out they only confused a handful of people who now want to kill me. drat it.

I am Tifa, town aligned Elite Bodyguard. I choose someone to protect, and if anyone tries to kill them I will die instead, but the person who attempted the kill will also die.

like I already explained, the "thing" i did was choose my target by whoever was the first to comment after my post. That person was bif.

meant I already submitted my night action, and as long as she didn't do anything scummy I wasn't going to change it.

Though I briefly second guessed my decision near the end of d1:

but ultimately decided to go through with my choice.

to summarize: I'm Tifa, EB, and n1 I protected bif.
I apologize for the lack of reads so far. I wasn't trying to make my moat read seem like some groundbreaking information.

he absolutely meant bif and said he even submitted his night action targeting bif during the day

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

what do you mean, he didnt actually mean me? wha? :confused:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

what do you mean, he didnt actually mean me? wha? :confused:

When he first posted that remark about so long as you're town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like his explanation of everything exists in d2

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

and yes he did announce it D1, he said I would live to see the next day. Like KB, I also thought at the time that he must've meant either a brutal cop or some sort of protective role. But I couldn't see why he'd actually announce either so I thought he might be pulling gambit poo poo.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Like his explanation of everything exists in d2

yes, he explained what he did and what his posts meant, but he didnt explain WHY he decided to announce his target and that WHY is what i want to know

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

and yes he did announce it D1, he said I would live to see the next day. Like KB, I also thought at the time that he must've meant either a brutal cop or some sort of protective role. But I couldn't see why he'd actually announce either so I thought he might be pulling gambit poo poo.

Then I guess I'm the only one who looked at it as a general statement. That's on me I suppose. I thought he was just being funny, and now that he's explained it I didn't think his rationale needed explanation, only that the excuse logically flowed and made sense in a way that didn't seem constructed.

I believe his claim, and I think trying to figure out why he thinks they way he does is a bad avenue of discussion, and seemingly doesn't contribute anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I believe it but its making me think that bminus is not a good player

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't believe his claim. If he's town with that ability, broadcasting it makes no sense. If he's scum with a reflect ability though, trying to get attention and bait kills and investigative abilities, suddenly it makes a lot more sense.

No one with any investigative abilities should use them on B-. There is a high risk of the results coming out wrong. So if people are worried enough about him being scum that they'd wanna use their power on him, it'd be better to just lunch him.

But that said... if we got other candidates to lunch first, I don't see why we cant give B- another day or two to try and gently caress up the other scums :buddy:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

I am not a good player, which is why I definitely believe it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
It reads to me like someone posting with a particular fake claim in mind ("if you aren't scum") and then later realizing that would get them caught and trying to back track. That's why I find it scummy.

I am also curious about his answer to flerps question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Seems too dumb to be scumb, and specific if what he's claiming is true. That'd be a nuanced setup, and not a good one.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

I believe his claim, and I think trying to figure out why he thinks they way he does is a bad avenue of discussion, and seemingly doesn't contribute anything.

i dont mean to harp on about this, but, why? i feel like it's at least a decent thing to talk about, because a lot of this game is about figuring out player's intentions and determining if those intentions are from a town or scum perspective. i feel like this is similar to asking somebody why they voted a person or why they cased one person over another. i want to see bminus's reasoning so i can judge if they come from a good place or a bad place, and i dont see why this is a bad thing to talk about.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Seems too dumb to be scumb, and specific if what he's claiming is true. That'd be a nuanced setup, and not a good one.

This post is weird, can you explain why this becomes a "nuanced setup" or whatever? More importantly would you expect an FFVII mafia game to be anything but nuanced?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What makes Tifa so good that she has that power when superior characters only have a night vig and a day vig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

This post is weird, can you explain why this becomes a "nuanced setup" or whatever? More importantly would you expect an FFVII mafia game to be anything but nuanced?

A weird thing to jump on. About to drive to pick up wife, but like if he was setting up a crumb and action to fall back on, why do it poorly and awkwardly? I don't think this is an example of scum getting caught out in lies or anything, or even being artificial.

That's why I don't think trying to understand his thought process here matters when his explanation of everything made sense. I dunno... could just be me. :shrug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Understand other players thought processes is literally Mafia 101

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Understand other players thought processes is literally Mafia 101

Ok, but this isn't helpful at all. Y'know???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Time to drive. BYEEEEE

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

yes, he explained what he did and what his posts meant, but he didnt explain WHY he decided to announce his target and that WHY is what i want to know

sometimes i do things that aren't fully supported by logic.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

sometimes i do things that aren't fully supported by logic.

yeah ok ##vote bminus

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

yeah ok ##vote bminus

lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

yeah ok ##vote bminus

you of all people should know thats true. how many games have we played together lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll vote beemen if it comes down to it, but more interested in moat or gene

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

you of all people should know thats true. how many games have we played together lol

yeah and i dont believe u

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tired Moritz posted:

What makes Tifa so good that she has that power when superior characters only have a night vig and a day vig

i know nothing about final fantasy so i can't comment on any flavor discussion.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It is very odd that only a handful of players are dead set on lynching me, while others either believe me or haven't commented.

Bifauxnen, flerp, King Burgundy, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tobbs Gnawed and Truth Quark want me to die.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel largely unable to decipher what AA is even talking about. Is that just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

It is very odd that only a handful of players are dead set on lynching me, while others either believe me or haven't commented.

Bifauxnen, flerp, King Burgundy, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tobbs Gnawed and Truth Quark want me to die.

what even is this post? why are you posting observations? do you have anything to say ABOUT this?

• Locked thread