Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is your argument that you blocked a NK, so nobody else can have an ability that blocks a NK?

For all you know, Bif could be scum sent to do the NK AND the target of another NK. We have two town killing roles flipped already, so someone claiming a kill doesn't make them less likely to be lynched. But they're doing it anyway.

If you're town, I still don't see why you'd out yourself as a jailor. You've told us nothing useful in a game with this many players/power roles.

Eh, genex isn't lying about his role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That much I can say is true.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh, genex isn't lying about his role.

he doesnt have to be, jailer is a popular scum power role.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That much I can say is true.

are you talking "role" as in abilities here, or flavor? (or both?)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

he doesnt have to be, jailer is a popular scum power role.

I'm aware, was just confirming that his n2 is accurate.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote GeneX

I think I agree with Bif on this one.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
before I present any cases, I want to use this vig first

so far, candidates are minus, moat, nat, Hal, Asiina, and genex

who lives who dies

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Moat ded

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Minus too

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost::ftbrg::ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Rofl

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
whoops

Hal, nat, or genex then

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
or Asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need a scorecard of all these claimed vigs, a lot has happened that I missed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You know, isn't it more likely that Bminus was just killed directly by a scum? Are we assuming Gene killed him with a PGO just because the flavor is different? Couldn't that just mean a different scum did the kill?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

King Burgundy posted:

You know, isn't it more likely that Bminus was just killed directly by a scum? Are we assuming Gene killed him with a PGO just because the flavor is different? Couldn't that just mean a different scum did the kill?

I was told my jailing was successful, and in the same pm, that my counter materia triggered. 2 dead people are VT, so I'm pretty drat sure it was because he visited me and my power orb auto-smashed his face in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey peeps guess what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZPzu67GLc

GeneX did not use counter during N2, you know why?

CapitalistPig posted:

Todays mini game is :

Final Fantasy 7 dress Up!

You will use This Link
to make a picture.
Every player who wishes to participate must send me a screenshot via PM's or DM on discord of the browser window that includes the time and date.
Each player may only submit ONE picture so be sure you are ready to send it in. The deadline for this is 30 minutes BEFORE the day deadline.

The winners will choose materia and get them on Day 3.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Lmaoooooooooo ##vote GeneX

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey peeps guess what

Lol goddamn Bif.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey peeps guess what

Whelp, good catch.

##vote GeneX

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hey, CPig, mind correcting that?

It's quite literally factually incorrect.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
think that would be a good excuse to vig gene, but the case that we can't bring Hal to lylo is strong

hmmmmm

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Like, believe the rest of my claim all you want, but that's a mod error.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

think that would be a good excuse to vig gene, but the case that we can't bring Hal to lylo is strong

hmmmmm

don't vig Gene just in case Counter does work on day poo poo :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

I was told my jailing was successful, and in the same pm, that my counter materia triggered. 2 dead people are VT, so I'm pretty drat sure it was because he visited me and my power orb auto-smashed his face in

Just in case this is a mod error.

Let's pursue this further. Do you have reason to believe your counter materia would "slice [them] up"? I'm just curious if it could have triggered on a BP scum or something, so no obvious death from it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I went back and looked and Gene does seem like someone Bminus would have targeted to protect.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

King Burgundy posted:

Just in case this is a mod error.

Let's pursue this further. Do you have reason to believe your counter materia would "slice [them] up"? I'm just curious if it could have triggered on a BP scum or something, so no obvious death from it.

I have no idea what's up with the flavor; all I was told was that I fended off a night action. It's possible it hit a BP of some sort, I guess, but that feels like the same kind of "it's possible that everything was busdriven" sort of spec when the obvious answer is right there

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
So:

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy is still my TOP scum suspect once this Gene stuff is sorted.

Then in response to “who else should we vig?”

Bifauxnen posted:

Asiina is another one I'd suggest, but Hal is good

Boom. Bif is scum fakecasing me but keeping me around for a later lunch.

##vote Bifauxnen

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey guys! I posted a wrong thing They got their materia immediately for use on night 2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey guys! I posted a wrong thing They got their materia immediately for use on night 2.

awwwwwwww but I had the awesome remix and everything!

##unvote for now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

So:

Then in response to “who else should we vig?”

Boom. Bif is scum fakecasing me but keeping me around for a later lunch.

##vote Bifauxnen

Yeah yeah, go on just pretending you don't believe I would ever be hesitant to lunch you or want to hold you off for later to keep making good content, or that I wouldn't ever suggest vigging lurkers and saving casing for people who can actually be cased

Your days are numbered either way :glomp:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Linguistic analysis points to Nat20 violating more maxims than gene so iff this flavour stuff is a gotcha I’d much rather vote for Nat 20.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I suggest you revote me if you were doing so prior, me calling in CPig from the heavens was just a game integrity thing

I don't like mod moves mattering midday, or, the 4m

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I suggest you revote me if you were doing so prior, me calling in CPig from the heavens was just a game integrity thing

well yeah, I was still voting you even before I spotted that thing, but after that pileon it's worth playing it safe while I rethink.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah yeah, go on just pretending you don't believe I would ever be hesitant to lunch you or want to hold you off for later to keep making good content, or that I wouldn't ever suggest vigging lurkers and saving casing for people who can actually be cased

Your days are numbered either way :glomp:

Only a poo poo player would want to leave someone they actually thought was scum alive for multiple days and that’s not you. At least now I can finally relax about all that “hmmmm gaspy’s case feels forced hmmmm” bullshit.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think the flavor stuff is nonsense and doesn't matter for what it's worth.

It doesn't make sense that Pig would give either of them fake flavor as scum that would get them cuddled just for claiming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GeneX posted:

I mean, in this particular instance it was "Is GeneX caught in a lie or not, based on mod given information?"
It would be similar to you saying you didn't do something somebody got a night result catching you doing, and the mod fixing that result.
It does matter and affect the game.

It doesn't clear you but several votes were for catching you in a lie that now isn't.

• Locked thread