Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

KB is sephiroth, Bif is hojo. Their interactions over the last two days smack of people talking outside of the thread and the evidence is mounting fast. I get it, everyone loves them and will listen to them and I’m pissing into the wind, but that’s exactly what’s happening here.

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. You presumably think we are both smart players. And yet, you think that we would talk about poo poo in chat and then both come into thread and post about it? We wouldn't coordinate better to avoid that? I don't think you can really believe this.

For the record, if you want to see what it really looks like when me and Bif are 3p SK's together, the evidence is available for perusal in the last FF game.

Can you tell me who your top picks for scum are in this imaginary scenario where me and Bif are 3p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

what are you talking about KB, I was 4-shot vig town hero General Leo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

what are you talking about KB, I was 4-shot vig town hero General Leo

Did you use the airship glitch?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. You presumably think we are both smart players. And yet, you think that we would talk about poo poo in chat and then both come into thread and post about it? We wouldn't coordinate better to avoid that? I don't think you can really believe this.

For the record, if you want to see what it really looks like when me and Bif are 3p SK's together, the evidence is available for perusal in the last FF game.

Can you tell me who your top picks for scum are in this imaginary scenario where me and Bif are 3p?

I dunno, for all how clever you are Bif seems to have “somehow” missed the incredibly obvious flaw in her whole case on me so I’m guessing you’re a smidge too comfy right now.

Scum picks:
Team A: AA, juchero

Team B: TQ

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Mithross posted:

Looking back over the thread.

I'm am pretty sure we have a scum Asiina this game.

Actually very sure. ##vote Asiina

Why? What am I missing about Asiina?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asphyxious posted:

I dunno, for all how clever you are Bif seems to have “somehow” missed the incredibly obvious flaw in her whole case on me so I’m guessing you’re a smidge too comfy right now.

Scum picks:
Team A: AA, juchero

Team B: TQ

What did I do???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

Meta

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I dunno, for all how clever you are Bif seems to have “somehow” missed the incredibly obvious flaw in her whole case on me so

:raise:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What did I do???

Ended up on a scumbo's scum list.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I remember that FF6 game. I feel Bif is genuine about her case on Gaspy. Idk about KB tho

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GeneX posted:

It's partly meta, she has been exceptionally quiet. But even ignoring that her post history is pretty terrible. She's made relatively few alignment calls, she did vote two scum, but she voted tithin early and db only when it was foregone, and she could still be on the other scum team.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
it's telling that his "scumtells" are whoever is pressuring him

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
honestly the "I dont even care anymore" post pings me really hard. I bought her OG explanation but I'm not feeling it anymore

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't think there is any chance she is on the Tith/DB scum team. But yeah, could be on the other one easily.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey look, I'm showing up right as I'm being talked about.

I had D&D on Wednesday night and was busy Thursday and there were 250 posts when you guys hammered 5 hours early, and now today is my anniversary so I'm not reading the 150 posts that I skipped to get to the last page.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Asiina posted:

Oh hey look, I'm showing up right as I'm being talked about.

I had D&D on Wednesday night and was busy Thursday and there were 250 posts when you guys hammered 5 hours early, and now today is my anniversary so I'm not reading the 150 posts that I skipped to get to the last page.

congrats on the anniversary

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Juchero posted:

congrats on the anniversary

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ty

I mean I can claim I guess I don't really care. I'm VT. I'm Shera who I didn't even remember from the game, but I'm Cid's assistant and/or girlfriend?

It feels like half the game are vigs and half are VT.

My only original read this whole game is I think that TQ is town because of something he said on D1 that I don't really want to draw attention to, but I'm saying it here so welp. Has TQ claimed anything in the 400 posts I missed?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

forgot about the mini game. hope the various scum teams are coordinating to draw dicks and stuff

AS FOR ME I'm gonna vote for..............

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

.............nah jk I have no idea. but probably flerp still.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NGO trying to break my record from F/SN by breadcrumbing Squall for next game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

If we're doing that I'm futureclaiming sazh for the inevitable ff13 mafia

Currently trying to figure out what the gently caress I think of gaspy, post under construction, as of my read at EOD1 I hate his metacasing but I'm not seeing any smoking guns or particularly scummy play

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Okay. Gaspy:

D1:
- likes cait sith, also someone I wish I could argue with but cannot
- not a fan of TQ due to meanspirited jokephase vote on Bif
- flavorclaims Dio, Gold Saucer dude
- more not a fan of TQ
- accuses TQ of bandwagoning
- still thinks TQ is scum, votes post-Bif
- buddies Bif (I think this is probably null given who's involved), more shade on TQ
- HMMM on tithin (I think this means "I'm suspicious" but he doesn't want to use those words)
- argues with TQ
- meta defends tithin's content, not tone
- claims many alts (how many, and who?)
- backs off a bit, slightly, though says TQ's reactions are unfavorable
- likes Nat 20 (Boooooooooo)
- now it's TQ again
- happy to lurkerlynch, has concerns about Pod casing from Bif (no more than "he reads town" but sure, fair, Pod did flip town)
- another content+, tone - this time on Bee-fox-nan
- delinks Pod/TQ alignment
- some dayvig chat (Juchero is dumb/lazy town I think, scum getting 2 dayvigs is stupid and broken)
- reiteration of opinions on tithin (iffy meta but would not vote), thinks Pod is town, logic-defying connection of NGO and TQ
- Trying to explain that "same play" thing, failing horribly, because one of them has 6 posts and Gaspy is posting about his intentions as if anyone on earth could glean them thus far
- (Ok, I think gaspy is doing a thing where he guesses intent then tries to figure out if play fits it, missing the obvious middle step of confirming that it's the only intent that makes sense)
- more reiteration of thoughts on Bif/tithin
- start of speculation that TQ is teamed up with an Aussie
- Bif is NOT scum, weird that pushes on her are showing up at dayend
- (look, this dude does NOT like TQ)
- HMMMM on me this time, says a no lynch is okay (no. It isn't. Goddammit.)
- calls out AA on claiming Gaspy was "riding" Juchero
- hammers DB

Thoughts:
God almighty, that's a lotta posts to sort through. I...don't hate anything here, particularly? There's some questionable logic being thrown around (see NGO/TQ comparison,) and he doesn't always explain why he's feeling things (reads on pod, nat 20, Bif) but he's certainly consistent. His cases seem to mostly devolve to "feels like scum/feels like town", which is obnoxious but not a sign of evil in and of itself. Not a huge fan of how he ended up voting at dayend.

D2:
- interested in flerp's conclusion that tithin's vote was where shinra decided to abandon ship on db, the lurking lurk-king
- (Gaspy please keep posting ff7 updates)
- not a fan of b- being a giant moron, votes for him
- (no really please keep posting ff7 updates)
- thinks lmac is town because they agree on lots
- backs off asiina a bit
- likes KB, dislikes b-
- shades flerp a bit on meta
- god drat does he dislike TQ, I'm too lazy to check the veracity of his summary but it's not really unreasonable, it's a bit weak because TQ hasn't done much but it's certainly not bad
- laughs at Bif's huge metasuspicion of him
- more Bif fighting (I'm gonna ignore this because as far as I can tell it's two people absolutely convinced of metacases on each other)
- not a fan of flerp on b-/moat
- #votemoat

Thoughts:

Whole lot of metasuspects, more not overly explained reads, Aussie infighting with Bif...I'm not loving some of this stuff, seeing the problem here, unless him making metacases constantly is itself a problem (which...Bif, I hate to ask you, given that you're currently in a slapfight with him, but is that a Gaspy thing in general? If anyone else who's played with him a bunch has input, I'd like that, too.)

D3:
BIF IS EVIL I AM CONVINCED OF THIS

Overall:

Gaspy, dude, post less metacasing. Also I don't see anything particularly horrifying in your post history beyond some really poor logic early.

He's...something? He's a bit hard to read with 5 pages of posts and counting, but I'm not seeing anything damning beyond the aforementioned metacasing. Don't think he's scum, really. He's casing people, sort of, and I do think he might be on to something with TQ, so I guess I'm coming out of this with a high-strung townread on him?

Gaspy, what are your current thoughts on Asiina and flerp?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Life has seemingly gone out of its way to piss me off today so while I'm around and skimming/reading, don't expect a lot of useful feedback for a bit.

- Still very surprised Moat flipped town
- Pissed that apparently everyone in this game besides me has a vig
- Didn't like Juchero's choice of Hal any better than I liked his vig D1
- More thoughts to come later

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I dont know how Gene writes that much for his cases and skips over all the stuff I brought up about Gaspy. How does he note that many details and fail to look at any of the nuance of our posts back and forth? Like Gaspy saying all along at first how he thought I was town, but doubting that I'm even telling the truth about NOT just looking for ways to call him scum, and wanting to find reasons to delay that judgement?

And then Gene asks for people to weigh in with more meta stuff on him, which would not help at all:

GeneX posted:

I'm not loving some of this stuff, seeing the problem here, unless him making metacases constantly is itself a problem (which...Bif, I hate to ask you, given that you're currently in a slapfight with him, but is that a Gaspy thing in general? If anyone else who's played with him a bunch has input, I'd like that, too.)

Whatever you think is "a Gaspy thing" doesn't matter. If it's a usual thing, he might stop doing it sometimes, who knows. Gaspy often tries to change up his game, and even if he is scum I believe he'd be telling the truth about wanting to purposely change things after Shine V in particular. I didn't bring up meta stuff about him to be like "Gaspy acting different = automatic scum". I brought it up to point out that there are many different ways Gaspy is capable of playing, but this time he seems to have picked the scummiest ones.

If that big post I already did couldn't convince you, this silly meta point should NOT concince you. Your read is lightly calling him town, but still super hedgy about these things "you don't like" and I'm starting to think you're worth voting again. But I would still rather stick with voting Gaspy today in case you do anything cool with your role that can prove me wrong.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina I didn’t like from their vote on DB, it didn’t come across like they wanted to lunch him or even play mafia really, instead it was this weird meta “I don’t even care any more”, which I read at the time as scummy, but I’m now not sure I can see Asiina and DB being on the same team. The early vote on Tithin doesn’t read like a bus, but their case on little Mac was garbled and felt like reaching so still reading them on the scummy side. Most of their content feels like jokey shadethrowing but not angling for anything one way or another.

Flerp seems fine to me. I’ve said before he’s a couple of times come across like he’s trying to parody his own posting style, but then I accused a town peramene of doing the same thing and welp.

So, Asiina, leaning scum, Flerp, leaning Town.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bif dorsnt actually think I’m scum because actual-Town bif would be able to spot the flaw in her own reasoning a mile away. It’s a fake case and Bif is at best 3P.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Bif dorsnt actually think I’m scum because actual-Town bif would be able to spot the flaw in her own reasoning a mile away.

man where are those disgruntled Texans when I need em

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

is this flaw I'm not seeing in my reasoning anywhere as big as your flaw of not thinking I'd avoid calling for a vig hit on you :v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I dont know how Gene writes that much for his cases and skips over all the stuff I brought up about Gaspy. How does he note that many details and fail to look at any of the nuance of our posts back and forth? Like Gaspy saying all along at first how he thought I was town, but doubting that I'm even telling the truth about NOT just looking for ways to call him scum, and wanting to find reasons to delay that judgement?

And then Gene asks for people to weigh in with more meta stuff on him, which would not help at all:

Whatever you think is "a Gaspy thing" doesn't matter. If it's a usual thing, he might stop doing it sometimes, who knows. Gaspy often tries to change up his game, and even if he is scum I believe he'd be telling the truth about wanting to purposely change things after Shine V in particular. I didn't bring up meta stuff about him to be like "Gaspy acting different = automatic scum". I brought it up to point out that there are many different ways Gaspy is capable of playing, but this time he seems to have picked the scummiest ones.

If that big post I already did couldn't convince you, this silly meta point should NOT concince you. Your read is lightly calling him town, but still super hedgy about these things "you don't like" and I'm starting to think you're worth voting again. But I would still rather stick with voting Gaspy today in case you do anything cool with your role that can prove me wrong.

I do this because looking at your posts poking at each other is an obnoxious add-on to the slightly enhanced iso reads I’m making in larger games. Adding on your billion posts to the mix is more effort than I want to put in because that turns this into a chore, y’know? I’ll read your casing on him later, but I keep reading meta stuff in them and it turns me the hell off.

I’m asking about metacasing because it’s often a bad sign if the player doing it isn’t known to have done it as town; it’s disgustingly easy to do, near-impossible to argue against, and rarely accurate on its own.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I do this because looking at your posts poking at each other is an obnoxious add-on to the slightly enhanced iso reads I’m making in larger games. Adding on your billion posts to the mix is more effort than I want to put in because that turns this into a chore, y’know? I’ll read your casing on him later, but I keep reading meta stuff in them and it turns me the hell off.

well lucky for you Gaspy often quotes my relevant posts to make his replies.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gaspy can you stop building up all this enigmatic foreshadowing hype and just explain the flaw in my reasoning already

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy can you stop building up all this enigmatic foreshadowing hype and just explain the flaw in my reasoning already

:agreed:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Just gently caress already

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Natural 20 posted:

Just gently caress already

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

It doesn’t work because even if I was scum, in this circumstance I’d just hunt the other scum team. There’s literally zero reason for me to make up fake cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

It doesn’t work because even if I was scum, in this circumstance I’d just hunt the other scum team. There’s literally zero reason for me to make up fake cases.

uhhhhh doesn't that go for me too though

• Locked thread