Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

TMMadman posted:

I can see where someone could think my post is buddying up but that isn't the intention of it.

I mean that's basically my point. Saying Ecco is buddying because they agree with me assumes they couldn't genuinely just agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tolly Totes posted:

I mean that's basically my point. Saying Ecco is buddying because they agree with me assumes they couldn't genuinely just agree.

I get your point and ultimately I just read it differently.

And part of it is because I feel like the kind of comment ecco made is basically how I'd start buddying up to you. A nice light touch that encourages you to go after a wrong target just to see how you respond to it.

Of course, I don't actually know if that's true or not yet but it can be something that could improve reads once we have actual information from the flips.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also where is PMom?

He hasn't been posting at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Buddying is becoming a bit of a universal scumtell for me, but only in response to some pressure. All Ecco has on him right now is that a couple people have gutreads on him.

As an aside, maybe RF will magically appear if I ##vote RF

It's deadline day, he's gotta have more to say than two one-liners after his signup post.

Why choose Opop and not PMom who has one more post and is usually posts a bit more?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ecco is my buddy (?)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
pmom is my buddy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Am I your buddy?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Why choose Opop and not PMom who has one more post and is usually posts a bit more?

Lemme check.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yeah, you're right, PMOM isn't really doing much either, though he did toss in an emoji post last night.

Definitely want to see something from both of them. Scum usually lurk, and it seems most of the cases are based on metas I'm not familiar with.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

I also think you're latching to the first thing that could sound like a case and hoping it'll start a train, but that might be the OMGUS talking.

It's deadline day on day 1. That's exactly what I'm doing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lupus, who is scum and why? Today is deadline. Give a read. Make a vote.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I think MMT is the one who acted the scummiest between the people who actually posted. But since that amounts to only kinda scummy, probably at least one lurker is scum. On the other hand, better to act based on at least some evidence, even if it is kinda flimsy.
##vote MMT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

I think MMT is the one who acted the scummiest between the people who actually posted. But since that amounts to only kinda scummy, probably at least one lurker is scum. On the other hand, better to act based on at least some evidence, even if it is kinda flimsy.
##vote MMT

I'm reading this as "I better take a stand, but it's one that I don't want to be held to in future days." Is that an accurate interpretation of your MMT read?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

LupusAter posted:

##vote MMT

So you're admitting it's a bad vote?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If anything, the votes before lup's are bad. Lup actually gives "reasoning" behind it.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

This interrogation is no good!

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

merk posted:

It's deadline day on day 1. That's exactly what I'm doing.

merk posted:

I'm reading this as "I better take a stand, but it's one that I don't want to be held to in future days."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't care if what I am doing ever looks hypocritical. I'm asking a player for some context behind what he posted. It would be nice if we let that player respond before attacking the question.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Oh lol didn't notice he admitted to doing almost the same thing minutes before

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think my Lupus read is a good one for day 1. I'd be happy standing behind it in future days. It is not wishy-washy at all.

Now, can Lupus please answer my question?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

What I don’t like about Merk’s line isn’t just some hypocrisy, it’s that he’s pulling the conversation to be about interrogating some other player instead of being about him. He’s trying to take some position of authority he doesn’t have and has not earned.

I also think he misrepresented what Lupus was saying about him and his immediate effort to turn that around was shady.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I mostly think it's weird that merk wants everyone to shut up while lupus types an answer, as though the thread can only have one conversation going at a time

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Xad posted:

I mostly think it's weird that merk wants everyone to shut up while lupus types an answer, as though the thread can only have one conversation going at a time

Yeah! Like we’re obstructing justice or something. He really wants the conversation to be about Lupus.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tolly Totes posted:

What I don’t like about Merk’s line isn’t just some hypocrisy, it’s that he’s pulling the conversation to be about interrogating some other player instead of being about him. He’s trying to take some position of authority he doesn’t have and has not earned.

I also think he misrepresented what Lupus was saying about him and his immediate effort to turn that around was shady.

Why would I try to make the conversation about me when I’m trying to determine the alignment of another player? I know my alignment.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

merk posted:

I'm reading this as "I better take a stand, but it's one that I don't want to be held to in future days." Is that an accurate interpretation of your MMT read?

On a second read, this comes across as less accusatory than I thought at first, more that merk is trying to make sure he's accurately summarizing lupus' vote, but I still don't really like this post:

merk posted:

I don't care if what I am doing ever looks hypocritical. I'm asking a player for some context behind what he posted. It would be nice if we let that player respond before attacking the question.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only reason I sometimes like discussions about me is that it lets me read how players case me to determine their alignments.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I want lupus to answer my question because it’s about his vote. I’m not sure why this is difficult to understand.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

merk posted:

I want lupus to answer my question because it’s about his vote. I’m not sure why this is difficult to understand.

Hold on, nobody said lupus isn't allowed to answer your question nor did anybody say they don't understand why you want him to answer it. Your reaction to being criticized is what we're calling attention to here, which you seem to think is unwarranted, at least until lupus answers your question. Do I have that right?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Xad posted:

On a second read, this comes across as less accusatory than I thought at first, more that merk is trying to make sure he's accurately summarizing lupus' vote

Yeah, but “is it true that you don’t really believe this and you want to be able to weasel out of it later?” isn’t a real question. What response does he expect? He even posted earlier in the thread about not making accusations where nothing the other player says will satisfy you. I wasn’t really a fan of that post either.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

To clarify I don’t think Lupus shouldn’t answer the question, I just don’t trust the motivations behind it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Xad posted:

Hold on, nobody said lupus isn't allowed to answer your question nor did anybody say they don't understand why you want him to answer it. Your reaction to being criticized is what we're calling attention to here, which you seem to think is unwarranted, at least until lupus answers your question. Do I have that right?

When you discredit the question before it gets a response, I lose lupus’ honest reaction to the question.

This happened in the last game with a lynch bomb gambit I was trying to run with Max making GBS threads on it.

Like, you should be inquisitive of why I’m asking a question. You should be inquisitive of a response. But why step on the question before it plays out? There’s other content there for you to analyze right now. This content isn’t going anywhere.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

merk posted:

When you discredit the question before it gets a response, I lose lupus’ honest reaction to the question.

This happened in the last game with a lynch bomb gambit I was trying to run with Max making GBS threads on it.

Like, you should be inquisitive of why I’m asking a question. You should be inquisitive of a response. But why step on the question before it plays out? There’s other content there for you to analyze right now. This content isn’t going anywhere.

Gambits are bad and make you seem like scum imo, also again you're pulling the "don't talk about me, talk about anything else" thing and that's scummy to me.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

This is day one. Every vote has flimsy at best reasoning behind it. Also, I don't want to lie and say I'm totally sure about things I'm not sure about. I'd be fine with a MMT lunch, but circumstances may change once we get more material to think about.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Merk is merking into the thread, clad only in a meeting and yelling merk merk at the top of his lungs imo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Xad posted:

Gambits are bad and make you seem like scum imo, also again you're pulling the "don't talk about me, talk about anything else" thing and that's scummy to me.

Isn’t this whole last page us talking about me?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't feel MMT, except that she hasn't called me scummy yet, which is suspicious.

I'd like ecco, I can see the vote on Lupus and I'd support it to avoid a nl. I don't think I'd vote merk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lupus' reaction seems genuine in that I feel very much the same way about D1 vote cases in that they're universally bad but a no lunch is almost always worse. I don't think there's pressure to be had on Lupus.

Kind of not a fan of how Xad on this very page went from taking a sort of secondary angle to pressuring Lupus to rounding on Merk. Feels way too quick imo.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Current :tinfoil: theory

Mmts overreaction to my few questions reads to me as scum which came into the thread saw they were -4 and then freaked out by responding with a case. I would vote her

I would also vote pmom or opop for their lurking ways.

Merk seems p much the same as world ends mafia and I would not vote currently

My Tobbsdar isn't pinging. Feeling bamboo for him.

I think tmms posting is p good so far no concerns yet

Blue hair new guy seems engaged and would not vote even if they weren't new

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm fine with my vote on mmt. I think mmt is a vote that can happen, so I'm not particularly motivated to change it. I think her reaction to Moat's posts were a little ridiculous and I've gotten a weird vibe from her early-day posts.

you guys caught me though. my comment to Tolly Totes was because I agreed with the point, but I also wanted to throw a bone to a new player who made a nice point. sue me for being encouraging!

I'll be out for the deadline - dinner and a movie with a special someone - but I'll be around this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm also not feeling MMT right now. I don't feel good about Ecco because I really don't have any sort of read on their play which is making me hesitant to contribute to that case.

• Locked thread